You are here

why CF3 is a failure

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
why CF3 is a failure

1) thin was by far the most popular powerup and most popular game. What do the devs do? They make the snakes fatter (the opposite of what the community wants). To make matters worse, they made the snake's head even thicker than the rest of its body... Absolutely nobody wants that.

2) fat snakes mean weird outcomes when you bump into each other. The winner of the 'duel' is 50/50 randomly chosen. The thinner your snake is, the less this problem occurs.

3) still no option to choose whether you want open walls or closed walls. In CF2, they force you to have closed walls and in CF3, they force you to have open walls. Why no choice???

4) dividing the players. Half of the community plays CF2 now, other half plays CF3. Bad!

5) more animations were added and more child drawings were added. This makes the layout puerile.

6) it got even more complicated with the gems stuff.

7) only 2 powerups available when you start a game...

8 ) literally nothing improved.

 

CF3 is truely a terrible game.

Offline
Champion
team america top 18%
Clan: veni

A negative person always only see the negative things!

If you play the 'arena mode', and get to the top 3 in arena 2 and 3, it will unlock several new snakes for you AND some of them even thinner! (This means you have to play the game, to get the great goods!) Dont expect just to receive everything as you want it right away! You have to fight before you can enjoy. 

For Cf2, theres the open walls item, which you can take if you want walls to be open, and the same goes for Cf3. There's an item that will close the walls. 

More powerups will also be added the more money you have, you can unlock them

The game just got released, give it a chance! Neither youtube or facebook were perfect in one day.

I agree with you that something isnt so good (childish design, splitting community and so on, but I'm sure Geert will listen to your opinion, if its  a bit constructive atleast...) Theres a reason for everything :)

 

Offline

why your topic is a failure

1) Thin was most popular amongst 1% of the CF players. To make the game easier for beginners, the snakes are fatter, which makes sense, because then the plays won't feel as ambiguous. Thinner snakes will come out when you reach a higher level in the game, i bet geert will develop on that.

2) i agree with the problem, but it's not because the snakes are fat. devs should change the rules of "kiss" inside the game. 

3) who would decide to have close or open borders when players are randomly put together? there has to be a default one and open borders is a more competitive game format. Open borders is definitely more challenging and reduces the spawn luck one would receive with closed borders.

4) cf2 wouldn't last long anyways

5) its common that the first impressions of the animations are "childish". However, it's easy to get used to them, in the end people play the game because they like the concept. Plus, the heads help identify the different type of snakes and give each player a character. If the heads were removed now, everyone would be so confused because they wouldn't be able to tell what type of snakes other people have. 

6) gems aren't complicated..

7) thats why you have to play to gain more, new things come up and you feel achievement after playing more

8) literally its a different game. 

 

your post is truely naive

Offline

Run. wrote:

A negative person always only see the negative things!

I also see positive things. CF2 is positive.

Roojos's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: DEV

Masterlorrie wrote:

1) thin was by far the most popular powerup and most popular game. What do the devs do? They make the snakes fatter (the opposite of what the community wants). To make matters worse, they made the snake's head even thicker than the rest of its body... Absolutely nobody wants that.

The starter curves are fatter than cf2 yes.
You can unlock thiner curves as you progress through the game.

2) fat snakes mean weird outcomes when you bump into each other. The winner of the 'duel' is 50/50 randomly chosen. The thinner your snake is, the less this problem occurs.

Yeah, we can do some improvements with collisions and such but not the highest priority right now.
We might also make the fat powerup a little less extreme so it doesn't cause as much issues.

3) still no option to choose whether you want open walls or closed walls. In CF2, they force you to have closed walls and in CF3, they force you to have open walls. Why no choice???

There might be a choise for custom games at some poin but for arenas the walls will stay off by default.
It makes the gameplay a lot different and more exciting because you can cut people off through the borders, have a better starting position, create camps cross border etc...
Obviously everyone is used to closed borders but after you've played a lot of games you'll get used to it and adjust your playstyle.

4) dividing the players. Half of the community plays CF2 now, other half plays CF3. Bad!

Currently cf3 is still soft launched which is why there are still more players in cf2.
We're getting close to fixing most of the major issues so that we can officially release the game and put it on the front page. CF2 will stay as it is but soon Flash will be no longer supported on the major browsers so then the amount of players on CF2 will drop drastically. We'll also keep on improving CF3 so by the time Flash is gone from most browsers CF3 will be a lot more feature complete!

5) more animations were added and more child drawings were added. This makes the layout puerile.

There will be character customization as one of the new features.
This will make the characters way less childish.
For the curves, most of the starter curves might be a bit childish but most of the other curves aren't really that childish for example the ripsaw, shadow beast, drill, rocket etc..

6) it got even more complicated with the gems stuff.

How are gems complicated? If you don't have enough coins you can fill the remaining coins with gems.
Would like to know why you think gems are complicated so that we can communicate this better in the game.

7) only 2 powerups available when you start a game...

You unlock more powerups as you progress.
If you'd have everything at the start it'd get boring really quick because there is nothing to aim for.
Right now you want to play to get coins to unlock the next curve/powerup.

8 ) literally nothing improved.

Well... Can't do much with this but we'll do a lot of updates over the next months to add the missing features that CF2 has like teams, ranks, friends and we'll even add a classic mode for custom games so that you can play CF3 like CF2 etc...

Offline
Champion

Sadly I agree with everything you posted in the topic..

Offline
Champion
Clan: Jeff

Some people don't like curve fever 3 but didn't take their time to discover the game. From what I have heard they make a quick idea just based on the first try playing only with the first curves. Starter curves may be hard to control and don't permit to survive a long time. However other curves, that you can unlock and buy, are very fun to play with and make you survive longer.
Personally, I like curve fever 3, I have lot's of fun playing this game. It has great potential and later with improvements and more content it will be really good! :)

 

Roojos wrote:

Masterlorrie wrote:

3) still no option to choose whether you want open walls or closed walls. In CF2, they force you to have closed walls and in CF3, they force you to have open walls. Why no choice???

There might be a choise for custom games at some poin but for arenas the walls will stay off by default.
It makes the gameplay a lot different and more exciting because you can cut people off through the borders, have a better starting position, create camps cross border etc...
Obviously everyone is used to closed borders but after you've played a lot of games you'll get used to it and adjust your playstyle.

I agree with you Roojos.

Offline
Clan: SKT

btw thin is most popular not speed :) I agree with yossha but this game need a Big improvement like cmon there is not even sound xd

Offline

An optimist sees the light at the end of a tunnel. A pessimist sees only darkness. A realist sees the train.

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

Offline
Clan: KOLL

volpex wrote:

btw thin is most popular not speed :) I agree with yossha but this game need a Big improvement like cmon there is not even sound xd

You are wrong, if I join at the CurveFever2 at the evening there are more speed than thin rooms. Over the day a little bit more thin, so it's almost even. From the core players, I would say Thin/Speed each about 35%, 20% thorner/corner and 10% other stuff.

But if you talk about "most popular setting" you failed. 2/3 of the games are played at the day and not at the evening/night. The core players mostly play at the evening, so you can be sure that >90% of the active people are just random guests or less active/new accounts. Those players, play most of their games basic(and some none), so in total I would say more than 70% of all CurveFever2 games are played with basic itemset. Remember, the standard rooomsetting is basic(and most guests/new players/ unexperienced players take this as setting). Also every Quickplay  match is played with basic items.

 

~~signature~~

My time:

Incred's picture
Offline
Champion

the Detective wrote:

An optimist sees the light at the end of a tunnel. A pessimist sees only darkness. A realist sees the train.

Gosh, I love this saying!

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

Roojos wrote:

 

How are gems complicated? If you don't have enough coins you can fill the remaining coins with gems.
Would like to know why you think gems are complicated so that we can communicate this better in the game.

 

 

Is there a faq or something that explains exactly how this process works?  I only realized coins and gems are interchangeable when I ran out of coins, and an arena gave me the option to convert gems into coins...

Will it prompt me to do the same thing when trying to purchase cube if I don't have enough coins, but do have enough coins and gems combined?

What is the exchange rate exactly? How many coins per gem?

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

Figured it out, I think- 19,000 coins for 3,024 gems.

Only wished I learned this before wasting 2,000 gems on a color.  Didn't know they could be used for something useful.

Offline

CF3 is not a failure, but it has failures ;) I say that because this evening, for the first time, my standalone crashes during game, and again when trying to rejoin... For the game itself, CF3 is a bit strange on 10 first games, but then, you begin to have fun again. And now I start to see CF2 as an old (very cool) version. Perhap's the only thing I don't like in CF3 is the "big" powerup that is one of the first you have. And so, when you play against noobs, it's often a "big" game when these "big" games were not appreciated on CF2... But one good thing on CF3 is, for example, that the different snakes have different stats on skills. Yes, that's it. CF3 is different.

I like CF1. I like CF2. I like CF3. I like CF4.

Tranquility. †'s picture
Offline
Clan: Blub

sokoban, this happened to me for the first time tonight too (standalone crashing). Coincidence?

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

My only real gripe is the glitch that takes 100 from you when the game doesn't load.  It says it's refunding them, and it does temporarily, but then when you rejoin, it takes 200 instead of 100.  CHarging you for a game you didnt play.  

It does this a lot.  Just happened 2 times in a row, and three out of four.  

Roojos's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: DEV

Yeah it will, and when you hover over a shop button it'll also say the amount in coins/gems.

But yeah I hear it a lot that it's confusing how gems work.

I'm sure we can come up with something some time soon, like an info button on the gems page with a information popup or something similar.

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

Oooh.. the taking a few hundred coins every so often glitch is nothing compared to how angry I am after accidentally clicking rocket.... omg. Please put a double click, or are you sure thing, like when you're buying something for real.

Furiosity!

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

COmpletely my fault, ive bought stuff before so i know how it works, but still.  i was so close to cube

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

Great tactics, because between this glitch & my failure motivated me to spend real money.

But it didn't work-  if I see "{"Error":"State of order with ID 1566 was not FAILED. Instead is was REFUSED."}

That means my card was not charged correct?

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

Twice.  WOnt take my money.  Guess I'll get over it and keep grinding. This rocket bs is super defeating though.

Offline

I just lose 300 coins on Arena 3 due to random more than skills...

Bye. Forever. No, I joke. I will be back in 2017. When all bug are fixed. When arenas are well balanced. When knockout disapear. Etc. But nothing is really finished. It took 2 years for me to buy a CF2 premium. So perhaps it will be the same for CF3. I don't delete my account, so, all is still possible.

Have fun.

I like CF1. I like CF2. I like CF3. I like CF4.

Offline
ffa america top 30%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 39%

sokoban wrote:

I just lose 300 coins on Arena 3 due to random more than skills...

Bye. Forever. No, I joke. I will be back in 2017. When all bug are fixed. When arenas are well balanced. When knockout disapear. Etc. But nothing is really finished. It took 2 years for me to buy a CF2 premium. So perhaps it will be the same for CF3. I don't delete my account, so, all is still possible.

Have fun.

 

Hah not me.  So long as it's not erroneous charges to my credit card, like losing real money to glitches, ulitmately it's still too much fun for them to keep me away.  

THe bar they show now after a round, that combines the gems and coins measured up for the next power up is brilliant.  

Offline

In fact... I play again :D

But I still play only on Arena 1 since I still think that Arenas 2 and 3 are badly balanced (I talk about luck vs skills + coins you engage vs coins you win) :-o

I like CF1. I like CF2. I like CF3. I like CF4.