You are here

Tournaments 2015

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

101 posts / 0 new
Last post
Usain BoIt's picture

VERY NICE, that the 1v1 none scaling tourney is now in march already!

I don't think limits.
Usain Bolt

Obsolete's picture
Clan: nO

Add big turn plz :c

Incred's picture
Champion

Yes you should put the curve olympics in the least busiest month because it is a total of 6 tournaments, and not everyone can make them in a month as busy as November.

Teaa's picture
ffa eu top 1.4%
1v1 eu top 17%
team eu top 23%

Ah 1v1 green speed, nice one :D

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

-Andrea-'s picture
Clan: S

2v2 green speeed? :(( awh

Clan: LvLy

-Andrea- wrote:

2v2 green speeed? :(( awh

maybe for olympics ;)

Champion
1v1 eu top 6.7%
team eu top 5.1%
Clan: cery

fack speeds !!!! :D :D :D 

FFA-2186 _ 3.November 2014
TEAM-2255 _ 12.November 2014

Mew_two's picture

Yhow about in one tournament do a mix to make it fair?

for example

round 1 4v4 green speed

round 2 red speed. Ffa

round 3 red finger ffa

quarter final 4v4 corner

semi ffa green speed

final none

eveninglight's picture
Clan: LFCs

I wish I was premium so I could play. xd

the great noob eveninglight has joined ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

purple is the best color

420blazeit

Thx for adding the 2v2 corner tournament ;). Now I'm even more exited! 

"Your life is yours alone, rise up and live it"

Clan: LA

Why is there no cheese tournament?

GameRich's picture

For that at least one player in each room must have earned that achievement. This said, i dont think every battle in every room is gonna have a finger battle. Besides that point, finger is an OP powerup. If people get finger-combo'd often, how much fun do you think they have? It doesn't seem like a good idea.

CF2 > CF3

~ Part of the Flappy Curve Testing Team~

Clan: LvLy

maybe create a poll to sort 2v2 (corner or special) and 3v3 (corner or special)

slotz_-_-_'s picture
Clan: izzi

why not an 2v2 non premium tourney? :D

items: none

Edited by: 
slotz_-_-_ on 2 January, 2015 - 08:42

self procaimed mr lags :O

Does anybody know when exactly the January tournament will start?

Depp's picture
ffa eu top 52%

31st of January!

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

NoSlayer's picture

theRealMadridcf wrote:

The FFA green speed tournament is not good. If you make green speed it should always be team tournament (or 1v1). In green speed it is all about killing other players and in FFA green speed people team up with friends a lot and it gives them a big advantage. With every other popular item settings players can't team so much in FFA because FFA is mostly about surviving as long as a player can. In green speed FFA it is not about that, there it is about killing other players which gives people a big chance to team up. In almost every green speed game which I have seen some people team and don't kill eachother which makes the game 3v2v1v1v1 or some other non-fair game mode.

Pawian asked good question why no red speed? Red speed, none and special were the first game modes which were played a lot in FFA since it was possible to choose the items. There still hasn't been any official red speed tournaments. Depp said it is too much luck but that's not true at all. If we say thin is 0% luck then red speed is max 5% luck. The best red speed players like Doctor Who, Kristianboy and some others won more than 90% of their red speed FFA games. It looks like luck for a player who hasn't played it much or is not good in it but in fact it needs very much skill. Have to have good plan and to be able to survive as long as possible with speeds with no much space. Best red speed players can get almost 2400 FFA rank by playing it. I understand why people might think it's luck but I also know they don't much about the tactic for red speed games.

I also think 2 green speed tournaments are too much for a custom power up settings. If there is one custom power up tournament then there should be as as many of them with settings like corner, red speed, green speed, big turn and other settings which people want. I don't find thin a custom setting anymore because it's more like a standard setting nowadays but that's just my opinion.

But yeah, green speed in FFA is a bad mode for tournaments. It's better in team and 1v1. Otherwise these tournaments look good.

EDIT: I see now the team green speed tournament is taken out. I suggest to make the other green speed tournament to be 1v1 or 2v2. 2v2 would give only 1 champion more than FFA so the champion amount would still be rare. 1v1 would give the same amount as FFA.

Cant tell you how much i agree with you regarding Red Speed FFA. It should defintely be implemented and its something thats been overlooked - sadly.

Let me quote myself regarding Red FFA tournaments:

"How can a tournament with speed involved consistently be denied every month? If people claim that "Speed is luck" they are clearly the sender of an ignorant statement. I acknowledge the fact that there needs to be thin tournaments, thin is a lot about camping skills and a lot about being creative and being well aware of the camp/attack risk etc. But speed on the other hand (if we talk ffa) is a lot about positioning, knowing when to attack in speed and when not to, knowing exactly when to take the speeds (as opposed to thin where there is no point in saving a thin and where taking a thin "too early" wont have consequences as it will have in a speed game. I dont think it should be a question of either speed or either thin, i think both should be implemented from time to time, and i think its sad to see speed being looked over as an option every time. Not gonna turn this into a discussion about thin vs speed, just think that the time has come to stop ignoring speeds from the tournament blackboard, as thin is one type of game and speed is another type of game, there should be room for everyone here and not just the thin players as i see it."

Curvestaff: Glad that youre planning ahead of time - thats good to see. Looking forward to the Curve 2015 season. 

Sincerely,

- NoSlayer

Usain BoIt's picture

So i decided to share as well my opinion with the community and made an own tournament plan, which would improve the already good tournament plan by Depp in my opinion and i try to show you how i developed it.

Its a long post but i think it is worth reading it. ;)

Depp's tournament plan for 2015: 

• January 2015: FFA, Items: Thin
  • February 2015: 2v2, Items: Corner
  • March 2015: 1v1, Items: None
  • April 2015: FFA, Items: Big Turn, Red Speed or Annas Suggestion (Poll)
  • May 2015: 3v3, Items: Special
  • June 2015: FFA, Items: None
  • July 2015: 4v4, Items: Thin
  • August 2015: 1v1, Items: Green Speed
  • September 2015: 2v2, Items: None
  • October 2015: FFA, Items: Special
  • November 2015: The Curve Olympics
  • December 2015: Allround, Items: None

So far ur list contends the curve fever olympics, the allround tournament, 5 ffa tournaments (Thin, Big Turn/Red Speed/A suggestion, None, Special, Thin[Top 16 Olympics]), 4 team tournaments (Corner|2v2, Special|3v3, Thin||4v4, None|2v2) and 2 1v1 tournaments (None, Speed).

In comparism, last years tournaments:

• January 2014 FFA torunament
  • February 2014 2v2 tournament
  • March 2014 FFA tournament
  • April 2014 4v4 tournament
  • May 2014 1v1 tournament
  • June 2014 4v4 tournament
  • July 2014 FFA tournament
  • August 2014 2v2 tournament
  • September 2014 FFA tournament
  • October/November 2014 FFA tournament
  • Curve Fever Olympics
  • November 2014 3v3 tournament
  • December 2014 allround tournament

= 1xCF Olympics, 1xAllround, 1x1v1, 4xTeam(2v2x1, 3v3x1, 4v4x2) and 4xFFA

My favourite tournament plan for 2015:

• January 2015: 4v4, Items: Thin
  • February 2015: FFA, Items: Red Speed
  • March 2015: 1v1 Month, Items: Green Speed (Saturday, 14.3.15), None (Saturday, 28.3.15)
  • April 2015: 2v2, Items: None
  • May 2015: FFA, Items: Thin
  • June 2015: 4v4, Items: Special or a Selection of 10+ items
  • July 2015: FFA, Items: Thin+Corner or only Corner
  • August 2015: 3v3, Items: Thin
  • September 2015: FFA, Items: Special or a Selection of 10+ items
  • October 2015: 2v2, Items: Green Speed
  • November 2015: The Curve Olympics+FFA (Top 16 Olympics), Items: Thin
  • December 2015: Allround Tournament, Items: None

​=1xCF Olympics, 1xAllround, 2x1v1, 5xTeam(2v2x2, 3v3x1, 4v4x2) and 5xFFA | Items: None, Thin, Special, Green Speed, Red Speed, [Selection of 10+ items, Thin+Corner/Corner]

Why? :

I tried to include as many opinions as possible in my plan (for sure wasnt possible to include all ^^):

• Chinox: "Against a big turn tournament + Arguments"
  • Atlas.': "Wants a 4v4 thin tournament."
  • Calmy: "What about thin+corner?", "4 none tournaments are a bit too much"
  • Patstel: "Wants a corner tournament"
  • Simka121: "Wants more team tournaments (especially 4v4)"
  • Yellow.': "Wants a new/different item setting with 10+ items"
  • Implex: "Wants speed tournaments"
  • Pawian: "Wants red speed" "Big turn is luck"
  • Racuine: "Big turn is luck"
  • Therealmadridcf: "Wants a red speed tournament"
  • Curvirine: "Wants 1v1 speed or 2v2 speed, thinks Yellow.''suggestion might be interesting"
  • Katinka: "Supports yellow.''s suggestion"
  • Pug: "2v2 thin and 4v4 special are better than 2v2 special and 4v4 thin"
  • Wilco: "Wants a 3v3 or 4v4 special, because special is a setting for a map with many players in it"
  • Teaa: "Wants 1v1 speed"
  • Andrea: "Wants 2v2 Speed"
  • Trust me i'm lying: "Likes the corner 2v2"
  • No Slayer: "Supports Red Speed"

And for sure a lot of my own subjective view:

• January: After more than half a year its simply time again for a 4v4 thin tournament since its the most played team game setting. Moreover the last tournament was the Allround tournament which ended with an FFA final so its time for team again. FFA thin like in your plan isnt a good idea in my opinion because the November tournament(TOP 16 Olympics) was already one and the december allround tournament ended with a FFA none game which is quite similar to FFA thin.
  • February: Red Speed was and is played by quite a lot players, it would be something completley new and i would expect a quite high participation. As well some players suggested it into this topic.
  • March: I suggest to make a 1v1 march if its possible for the 2 tournament moderators, because of the following reasons:
    • To promote the latley implemented 1v1 game mode/ranking ladder and make more players play those game modes
    • To make more space in the year for other tournaments by making those 2 tournaments in 1 month
    • To make a tournament for the huge amount of 1v1 speed players we have now (i play a lot of 1v1 None and i must admit that there are way more players playing 1v1 green Speed at the moment) and they shouldnt wait that long anymore for their own tournament
  • April: Last year the 2v2 none tournament was a very competitive and interesting tourney and theres at least 1 normal none tourney needed and in my opinion in team 2v2 none is way better than 3v3 none or 4v4 none.
  • May: In May its again time for the most played gamemode overall FFA thin.
  • June: 4v4 special was mentioned by many ppl in this topic as a gamemode they would like to play, alternativley if ppl want something completeley new u could use the item setting suggested by Yellow.'
  • July: This month is for the corner fans. I suggest this tourney to be ffa that more ppl will be able to use the first possibility to play a corner tournament, moreover out of my ingame-experience i can say that ppl use to play way more FFA with corner as setting than team.
    • My own favourite though would be a thin+corner tournament which would be a interesting modification of the most used gamemode thin. There has already been an unoffical thin+corner tournament by gilnash [settings have been thin+corner, 70 percent item drop if i remember right], which has been a big sucess.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvH9Cz9O6o#t=273 watch the last rounds! ;) ) I think there arent that many "only-corner" players so thin+corner should be okay for most ppl and would have a higher participation than a only corner tournament in my opinion.
  • August: The last 3v3 thin tourney is quite long ago (over a year, the "rematch-tourney") and i guess everyone can live with this. ;)
  • September: Like last year, the FFA special tournament in september :) . Again alternativley the 10+ items setting which is quite similar to special.
  • October: 2v2 green speed, because many ppl play it and because it was never a tourney setting b4 (to my great missunderstanding there were 2x3v3 green speed tourneys and not 1x3v3  and 1x2v2). Moreover to all the ppl that dont want to many green speed tournaments, im the last person who likes speed or ever played it, but i got to admit that its a quite often played gamemode so it deserves 2 tournaments in my opinion.
  • November: Not much to say about the Olympics, that will be done when its time. I only want to say that the last olympics tourney (TOP 16) should be again thin FFA, because its the most played game mode, so it deserves 2 tournaments and last year there really only participated the best of the best at the end which made it extremley competitive.
  • December: Like suggested by Depp this should be played with None as setting, because especially in my plan None isnt played that often. Moreover it makes the allround tourney quite fair with all its different game modes.

I tried to change between FFA and TEAM every month and as well make well mixed items for every month (4xthin, 3xNone, 2xspecial or a Selection of 10+ items, 2xgreen Speed, Red Speed, Thin+Corner/Corner). It might be a problem for some ppl if there would be only 2 special tournaments, so here would be an alternative with only 3 thin tournaments, but 3 special tournaments instead:

• January 2015: 4v4, Items: Thin
  • February 2015: FFA, Items: Red Speed
  • March 2015: 1v1 Month, Items: Green Speed (Saturday, 14.3.15), None (Saturday, 28.3.15)
  • April 2015: 3v3, Items: Special (changed)
  • May 2015: FFA, Items: Thin
  • June 2015: 4v4, Items: Special or a Selection of 10+ items
  • July 2015: FFA, Items: Thin+Corner or only Corner
  • August 2015: 2v2, Items: None (changed)
  • September 2015: FFA, Items: Special or a Selection of 10+ items
  • October 2015: 2v2, Items: Green Speed
  • November 2015: The Curve Olympics+FFA (Top 16 Olympics), Items: Thin
  • December 2015: Allround Tournament, Items: None

I think this plan is quite close to "perfection" and i spent quite a lot time to develop it, think about everything and make it as fair as possible for ALL curve fever players.

The argument that we are going to have too many champions and that being a champion wont be rare anymore with this tourney plan is not valid for me. Last year we had only 6 real new champions (Shinkansen, Haru, Incred, Shibzel, Pug. and Oldghz) other new champions were already champs on other accounts, so we can say that its still very hard to get champ. There would be exactly 23 new champs with this tourney plan if everytime someone else and new would win, with yours it would be 19 new champs which isnt a big difference in my opinion and last year there couldve possibly been 22 new champs and like i said there are only 6 new champs now.

Only thing i admit is that it could be too much work for the tourney moderators, but only difference to last year when its about the amount of work would be the 1 more 1v1 tourney.

So if u like this plan as much as i do pls write ur support, and if u have problems with it/dont agree with it, share ur constructive critism with me!

:)

Edited by: 
Usain BoIt on 3 January, 2015 - 21:20

I don't think limits.
Usain Bolt

Clan: miss

Hi, I like your plan,

Just for the 4v4 team in January, it's won't be too short to organize it ?

Edited by: 
RaCuiNe on 4 January, 2015 - 00:16

Maderator Alan joined the room

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA : 2079 / TEAM : 2038 / 1v1 1700

Clan: miss

(sry double post)

Edited by: 
RaCuiNe on 4 January, 2015 - 00:10

Maderator Alan joined the room

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA : 2079 / TEAM : 2038 / 1v1 1700

Usain BoIt's picture

Yes, i hope depp will give an answer soon

Edited by: 
Usain BoIt on 5 January, 2015 - 23:36

I don't think limits.
Usain Bolt

Clan: Ruby

i think two tournaments so weaker players can win something i guess

ffa corner is better :)

Champion

Hey, really nice plan, but I wanted to say something:

June 2015: 4v4, Items: Special or a Selection of 10+ items
July 2015: FFA, Items: Thin+Corner or only Corner
August 2015: 3v3, Items: Thin
September 2015: FFA, Items: Special or a Selection of 10+ items

On Usain's plan it wasn't sure on which tourn special and in which selected items.

You decided to make selected items on ffa, and special on team. I would prefer having it the other way around. Losing by luck (special items) in a team tournament "hurts" way more than losing by luck in a ffa tourn (in my opinion).

that's why this selected items include no luck items (red turtle etc.) & in ffa if ONE guy gets luck -> all "suffer". in team if luck -> whole team suffers and its actually almost always a point for the team who got the item (for example red turtle -> all dead). if you have a huge camp in team game, which all players worked for, and then the opponnents team gets a superman item, then it's such a huge chance to lose although all team fought for huge camp.

sry for my bad english but i think u got my point

greets

Champion

I would also think team is better with those 11 items. Earlier those 11 items were almost always the items for high team games. In FFA people often played with almost all items if they didn't play red speed. I think special is good for team and for FFA so what would others think about changing those items in those 2 tournaments? So it would be like this:

June 2015: 4v4, Items: Item-Selection
September 2015: FFA, Items: Special

I see now the suggestion was:
green speed, green turtle, reverse, blue walls, bubbles, thin, corner red, corner green, maccaroni (little turns) & the "3 arm item".
There are 10 items but earlier every one played in high games with red speed included to these items.

Depp's picture
ffa eu top 52%

I changed it!

About the correct item-selection we are going to talk when time has come

Social Media Leader

GameRich's picture

I would like to join a tournament if I had less keylag. Nothing else to say.

CF2 > CF3

~ Part of the Flappy Curve Testing Team~

Hello, 

Although I am pretty new to the community I would enjoy participating in several tournaments. But (noobology incoming) how do I sign up for the tournaments?

I'd like to know how this is done, and how/whether this differs from FFA as opposed to team games.

Thank you in advance and I hope you have a fantastic day,

OhYesPinkElephants

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

OhYesPinkElephants,

There will be a topic created in the tournament section dedicated to tournament sign-up sometime close to the tournament date. Moderators will be able to tell you when exactly the tournaments are planned, should you ask one. Usually FFA tournaments are a sign-up sheet with the link provided. Team tournaments are usually entering all your teammates as a reply to the topic.

Tranquility.

Depp's picture
ffa eu top 52%

Hello,

We start with the sign-up next wednesday, the 21st of January. We will test something completely new: a sign up form for team tournaments which was made to stop those who sign up random players. The tournament will be played on the Saturday the 31st of January.

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 12 January, 2015 - 09:52

Social Media Leader

Hello again,

Thanks for your swift reply Tranquility. and Depp, I will look out for the post and see you at the finals xP

But honestly thanks for helping me out, can't wait to get into a tourny :)

Good evening

patstel's picture
ffa eu top 4.6%
1v1 eu top 6.9%
team eu top 19%
Clan: BBB

Dear Depp,

why you changed Corner Tournament on FFA - why you changed Corner Tournament date?
Firstly, i want to say that you really don't know how angry are "Corner Players". They made their own 2v2 teams - all Corner Players which I know, had completed their team. Now all these teams are broken.

Secondly, Why the date was changed? Febuary was the best, in my opinion, date for Corner Tournament. But why you decided to put Corner Tourney while the time of holidays.

At the end, i had huge request to you to change the date and the type of Corner Tournament. What about 4v4 team Corner Tournament in August?

I am waiting for your answer.

Kind regards,

Patstel.

Obsolete's picture
Clan: nO

why you changed the big turn to red speed? Red speed is so much more luck than big turn. -.-

Pjush's picture
Champion
Clan: HC

In my opinion both of these red speed and big turn tournaments are luck, so now for this year its red speed. Maybe next year big turns.

halftime2's picture
ffa eu top 6.3%
1v1 eu top 6.7%
team eu top 34%

July corner Tournament....

i am on holiday in the last part of july... so i cannot participate to that corner fun :(

halftime2's profile on curvefever

Singapur's picture

L o L just bad

To be, or not to be: that is the question.

Pjush's picture
Champion

Whats the point of changing march and june just because one fella curve above here wanted it? I also want to play the 1v1 Speed, but oh... its in June :( Maybe im gone already :( :(((( WHAT YA DOING MODS

1v1 eu top 17%
Clan: CHUJ

its sad...:(

Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

Because 1 player is saying ....... u change that plan again? Isn't that a bit stupid dont you think? I mean also in my opinion it should be how Usain made it, always this changes...... grrrr really bad modteam.

Pju ♥

Usain BoIt's picture

First of all sorry for the harsh critism with my other account Singapur, but i was just a little disappointed.

I dont have much time, so just a few points:

• Literally noone plays corner in teamgames
  • Do whats best for the majority and not for single persons, u cant find a 100 percent perfect solution that fits for everyone. Try to find a solution which is the best compromise.
  • New plan has now 3v3 in march and then 2v2 in april, maybe changing between ffa and team every month would be better
  • Just cause alan and sonia want a 2v2 thin tournament we have now one, wow i thought as mod he shouldnt use his influence in such way
  • 1v1 tournaments in march could promote the new 1v1 ranking ladder and motivate more and more also lower ranked ppl to play 1v1 (i hope as well that the  1v1 ranking percentage will finally be added soon and that the bug that 1v1 full map gives more rank than 1v1 scaling will be removed soon as well)
  • Nowadays so many players play green speed 1v1 and they never had a tourney and this game setting is as well played since long time even b4 green speed team games of which we already had 2 offical tournaments and some clan tournaments. So why no green speed 1v1 soon?
  • And hmmm i always wondered why patstel always wrote of millions of ppl that want corner team tournaments, but i only saw him commenting...

Edited by: 
Usain BoIt on 15 February, 2015 - 17:15

I don't think limits.
Usain Bolt

Tranquility. †'s picture

Usain, your accusation is completely untrue and unfair. And for your information, I wouldn't even be playing a 2v2 tournament with Sonia usually - when is last time you even seen us playing 2v2?. So if you want to yet again accuse people of doing things that are not remotely true, then I don't even need to tell you where to go.

Tranquility.

Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

Just because one player says that he doesnt want to play for example the corner tournament or 1vs1 Speed.. WHAT EVER. That doesnt mean that u have to change everything again and again. That's just bullshit! Everyone agreed with Usain Bolt's tournament plan and it should stay like that. But ofc because one or 2 player's are saying that they dont want tournaments like this means u can change everything again. GG trollerz

Pju ♥

Depp's picture
ffa eu top 52%

I am afraid and still don't know why the plan was changed and by who. But i totally agreed with the plan and it isn't planned to change it again. therefore i changed it back

Social Media Leader

Incred's picture
Champion

For the July 2015 tourney, I find corner by itself to be very boring personally. Corner is better with thin. And plus, there has already been a thin+corner ffa tournament hosted by Gilnash (Sept. 2013) which was very fun.

Here's the final of this tournament. By the way, I believe this is the closest FFA final ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvH9Cz9O6o

Depp's picture
ffa eu top 52%

Good point! We will discuss this when the time has come :)

Social Media Leader

Kristyan's picture
Clan: Fair

Where is Green Speed FFA?
In my opinion there are too many team tournaments. Like in February Red Speed FFA (50% of the game depends on luck), there should be Green Speed FFA in June for example because it is not fully planned yet ("item selection")

Edited by: 
Kristyan on 28 February, 2015 - 22:46
Pjush's picture
Champion

Kristyan wrote:

Where is Green Speed FFA? In my opinion there are too many team tournaments. Like in February Red Speed FFA (50% of the game depends on luck), there should be Green Speed FFA in June for example because it is not fully planned yet ("item selection")

They tok the Green Speed FFA down, because it is too much teaming in this gamemode - we all know it.

Tranquility. †'s picture

@Kristyan: if it is primarily luck, then why were all the usual players in the latter rounds of the competition? And I also agree with Pjush. This gamemode is just full of teaming and hunting. I won't support it, can't speak for the tournament mods though.

Tranquility.

only one new item,i guess in 2016 we will se much more new items :$

Will there be a speed FFA tournament next year? 

Pages