You are here

Tournaments 2015

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

101 posts / 0 new
Last post
Depp's picture
Offline
Tournaments 2015

Good morning

Since Usain BoIt gave us his plan about the tournaments and everybody agreed with it, here is our new plan for the Tournaments 2015

January 2015: 4v4, Items: Thin
February 2015: FFA, Items: Red Speed
March 2015: 1v1 Month, Items: Green Speed (Saturday, 14.3.15), None (Saturday, 28.3.15)
April 2015: 2v2, Items: None
May 2015: FFA, Items: Thin
June 2015: 4v4, Items: Item-Selection
July 2015: FFA, Items: Corner
August 2015: 3v3, Items: Thin
September 2015: FFA, Items: Special
October 2015: 2v2, Items: Green Speed
November 2015: The Curve Olympics+FFA (Top 16 Olympics), Items: Thin
December 2015: Allround Tournament, Items: None

I think, it is for everyone something in it. If you still have some improvement suggestions, don't hesitate to tell us!

Offline
ffa eu top 6%

Good job!

 

 

 

chinox's picture
Offline
Clan: LvLy

Is this "big turn" item the red one that you have to buy?
Now if someone wants to play the tournament must be premium and have 1000 coins for buying a powerup. Organizing a tournamet out of a purchasable item will be very hard because at least 1 room will not have the powerup.

Depp's picture
Offline

Good point, chinox! We are going to find a solution for it

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

Atlas.'_IAmDeleted0's picture
Offline
Clan: Iogo

What not a 4 vs 4 team thin ?

:(

Depp's picture
Offline

changed, made a little mistake!

Edited by: 
Depp on 21 December, 2014 - 12:11

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

Atlas.'_IAmDeleted0's picture
Offline
Clan: Iogo

oh ok :)

Looking foreward! Hope i win one of them ;)

"Your life is yours alone, rise up and live it"

Pjush's picture
Offline
Champion
Clan: HC

Im looking forward! :-)

Calmy's picture
Offline
team eu top 13%

What about, thin + corner ? :- )
or only reverse 

Edited by: 
Calmy on 21 December, 2014 - 16:51

~Keep Calm & Relax

Offline
Clan: Ruby

gj

patstel's picture
Offline
1v1 eu top 5.5%
team eu top 11%

Dear CurveFever Moderators,

a lot of players are waiting for first Corner Tournament.

I'm with them too.

So please, make only one, maybe March, maybe September - Corner Tournament.

Literally many players will play in this.

But in my opinion it should be a voting for: Corner and thin or only Corner ;)

And once again, please try to do The First CurveFever Corner Tournament.

Team - FFA? It doesn't matter.

Regards,

Patstel.

 

Edited by: 
patstel on 21 December, 2014 - 18:59
Pv0
Pv0's picture
Offline
Clan: sC

Tournament with Big Turn item, good job! :)
I waited on that, good information for me 8)

Edited by: 
Pv0 on 21 December, 2014 - 18:32
Offline
Champion
Clan: 5

Hmm.. In my opinion there is too many FFA tournaments and just one 4vs4 team tournament.I think you should replace one FFA tournament with 4vs4 team tournament.:) So we get two 4vs4 team tournaments. Would be nice.:)

Edited by: 
simka121 on 21 December, 2014 - 20:52
Offline
Champion

Hey,

I don't like the fact that speed games are getting such a huge hype. If you did a poll (is it the right word? -> where people vote), you wouldn't get so many votes on it.

Two speed tournaments are way too much if you consider we already had one this year. Since we had a team speed tournament, you can make a ffa speed tournament.

I would suggest following item settings:

green speed, green turtle, reverse, blue walls, bubbles, thin, corner red, corner green, maccaroni (little turns) & the "3 arm item"

-> with this kind of settings, you have to show more skill by being able to handle a few of items & you most likely won't get "owned" by some random luck item like red turtle, which means mostly an insta death.

Greets, Anna

PS: I'm sure someone will say now: This item settings are too complicated, BUT: There will be like at least 4 players (maybe in first round in a ffa tourney many won't show up) and I'm sure that ONE person will be smart enough to be able to check the right item settings!

Edited by: 
Yellow.' on 21 December, 2014 - 21:29
Implex's picture
Offline
Clan: vS

I like it!

Specialy the Big Turn Tourney & the Speed Tournaments 

:)

celineam †'s picture
Offline
Clan: MISS

Maybe you could switch the 2 dates of the speed tourneys (ffa & 2v2)? Concidering we already had speed team tourney, maybe we could try FFA green speed now before doing team speed so soon again? =)

 

And i also agree with what simka suggested, more than only 1 4v4 tourney would be good!

Edited by: 
celineam on 21 December, 2014 - 23:15
ThereWillBeBlood †'s picture
Offline
Clan: sigh

I disagree with simka and blondie, there are enough team tournaments already, some people are used to play alone and can't have a competitive team for these..

FFA: 2015
Team: 1912

Depp's picture
Offline

Thank you all for your feedback!

  • There aren't too many FFA tournaments! We change between Team and FFA every month, to keep the champion amount rare.
  • We will probably do a corner team-tournament instead of the speed team-tournament, to make more varities of tournaments! What is your oppinion about that?

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

Offline

i will participate in 7 :3

Calmy's picture
Offline
team eu top 13%

In my opinion, 4 tournaments with none pu is may a bit too much, but that's personal!

~Keep Calm & Relax

patstel's picture
Offline
1v1 eu top 5.5%
team eu top 11%

Dear Depp,

it's good to hear about Corner Tournament.

Thank you for it. It's awesome news!

You will see that a lot of players will thank you for it.

It's your decision to make team or FFA. But probably more players prefer team.

So, you have thanks from all "Corner Players" - as always from me too :)

Please, tell when The First CurveFever Corner Tournament will be.

Kind regards,

Patstel

Edited by: 
patstel on 22 December, 2014 - 09:42
Offline
Clan: CHUJ

why no red speed? :C

Depp's picture
Offline

We don't do official red speed tournaments since we think, this is too much luck!

Calmy, but the four none tournaments are all different: 1v1, allround, team and ffa

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

Offline
Clan: CHUJ

mhm, big turn=100% skill.

Offline
Clan: miss

Big turn is luck too ... 

Maderator Alan joined the room

 

Spoiler: Highlight to view

 

FFA : 2079 / TEAM : 2038 / 1v1 1700

Offline
Champion

The FFA green speed tournament is not good. If you make green speed it should always be team tournament (or 1v1). In green speed it is all about killing other players and in FFA green speed people team up with friends a lot and it gives them a big advantage. With every other popular item settings players can't team so much in FFA because FFA is mostly about surviving as long as a player can. In green speed FFA it is not about that, there it is about killing other players which gives people a big chance to team up. In almost every green speed game which I have seen some people team and don't kill eachother which makes the game 3v2v1v1v1 or some other non-fair game mode.

Pawian asked good question why no red speed? Red speed, none and special were the first game modes which were played a lot in FFA since it was possible to choose the items. There still hasn't been any official red speed tournaments. Depp said it is too much luck but that's not true at all. If we say thin is 0% luck then red speed is max 5% luck. The best red speed players like Doctor Who, Kristianboy and some others won more than 90% of their red speed FFA games. It looks like luck for a player who hasn't played it much or is not good in it but in fact it needs very much skill. Have to have good plan and to be able to survive as long as possible with speeds with no much space. Best red speed players can get almost 2400 FFA rank by playing it. I understand why people might think it's luck but I also know they don't much about the tactic for red speed games.

I also think 2 green speed tournaments are too much for a custom power up settings. If there is one custom power up tournament then there should be as as many of them with settings like corner, red speed, green speed, big turn and other settings which people want. I don't find thin a custom setting anymore because it's more like a standard setting nowadays but that's just my opinion.

But yeah, green speed in FFA is a bad mode for tournaments. It's better in team and 1v1. Otherwise these tournaments look good.

 

EDIT: I see now the team green speed tournament is taken out. I suggest to make the other green speed tournament to be 1v1 or 2v2. 2v2 would give only 1 champion more than FFA so the champion amount would still be rare. 1v1 would give the same amount as FFA.

Edited by: 
theRealMadridcf on 22 December, 2014 - 13:01
Depp's picture
Offline

Hello and thank you for your suggestion.

I agree with you, that 1v1 would be a good idea since 1v1 got his own ranking system, so 2 tournaments per year are a good solution. Also i added a Corner tournament (maybe +Thin). So I tried now, to include as much suggestions as possible and hope you are all happy with it!

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

patstel's picture
Offline
1v1 eu top 5.5%
team eu top 11%

Dear Depp,

I saw that you wrote:

"April( now May) tournament: 2v2 Corner (+thin)"

I think Corner Tournament ought to be a "only Corner".

Why? Because, on CurveFever there are many great thin players. Their skills are incredible, you know.

But, Corner+thin "tourney" will be very easy, most players ( who don't play corner but they are Pro in thin item ) probably will take only thin, then they will win all round easy. So, in my shy opinion, this tournament should be Only Corner. It will be very hard, very intresting to watch and very funny ;)

Waiting for your move, Patstel.

Edited by: 
patstel on 22 December, 2014 - 12:24
Depp's picture
Offline

Hey!

You are right, the thin item was only an alternative but since you are not the only one, who wants a corner tournament, i deleted the Thin item out and it will be a corner-only-tournament!

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

patstel's picture
Offline
1v1 eu top 5.5%
team eu top 11%

Depp,
I asked a few corner players about that:
Would you prefer to play 2v2 or 4v4 Corner tournament.
Most of them said- 3v3.
I'm with them. In my opinion 3v3 is more better and more funny than 2v2.
So i'm waiting for your answer.
Patstel

Depp's picture
Offline

What we can do is, to play Special 2v2 instead of 3v3 and therefore corner 3v3

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

patstel's picture
Offline
1v1 eu top 5.5%
team eu top 11%

Ok, Thank you Depp.

For all.

3v3 corner Tournament is coming :)

Once again, thank you.

Patstel

Offline
ffa eu top 6%

I think 1v1 speed is a good idea itself, but as some of us already know, those games can be very long (I've seen many longer matches than 20 minutes like it's usually scheduled for a single game (I still think 2v2 may be a better idea)).

Second thing, Yellow.'s powerup set could be very interesting in Curve Olympics as the olympic champion should be versatile and good in any situation.

Last but not least, I think that we have to know about the last tournament of the olympics because this October, no one expected that there would be more than one champion crowned.

 

 

chinox's picture
Offline
Clan: LvLy

and if you try a mixed powerup allround tournament?

celineam †'s picture
Offline
Clan: MISS

 

Someone said green speed ffa shouldnt have a place in the tourney plan, because green speed isnt fair and/or only teaming, no skill, i would like to say that that is wrong. Green speed includes alot of tactics at the same amount as for example red speed does, which real mentioned as a better idea for ffa8. He also said that in red speed ffa almost 90% of the matches there is the same players who wins. Well, this also counts for green speed, as far as i know (i play green speed ffa alot), there is not random persons winning, there is usually the same good players, who plays green speed alot. This is because green speed ffa8 includes tactic exactly like thin, red speed, red turns etc. Just all of the itemsetting i just mentioned has different tactics.

Thats all i wanted to say, so that u mods dont judge the case based on 1 argument.

EDIT: when it comes to teaming pointing out green speed as more teaming than other itemsettings is totally weird, there is not more teaming in green speed than other items

Edited by: 
celineam on 23 December, 2014 - 16:52
Offline
Champion
ffa eu nr. 72
team eu top 2.1%
Clan: RovU

theRealMadridcf wrote:

The FFA green speed tournament is not good. If you make green speed it should always be team tournament (or 1v1). In green speed it is all about killing other players and in FFA green speed people team up with friends a lot and it gives them a big advantage. With every other popular item settings players can't team so much in FFA because FFA is mostly about surviving as long as a player can. In green speed FFA it is not about that, there it is about killing other players which gives people a big chance to team up. In almost every green speed game which I have seen some people team and don't kill eachother which makes the game 3v2v1v1v1 or some other non-fair game mode.

That's so true, everyone (YES EVEN ME (-: ) teams a lot in green speed, because it's way easier to team in FFA speed in my opinion *-* 1v1 or team is mucho better

Offline
Champion
celineam wrote:

 

Someone said green speed ffa shouldnt have a place in the tourney plan, because green speed isnt fair and/or only teaming, no skill, i would like to say that that is wrong. Green speed includes alot of tactics at the same amount as for example red speed does, which real mentioned as a better idea for ffa8. He also said that in red speed ffa almost 90% of the matches there is the same players who wins. Well, this also counts for green speed, as far as i know (i play green speed ffa alot), there is not random persons winning, there is usually the same good players, who plays green speed alot. This is because green speed ffa8 includes tactic exactly like thin, red speed, red turns etc. Just all of the itemsetting i just mentioned has different tactics.

Thats all i wanted to say, so that u mods dont judge the case based on 1 argument.

EDIT: when it comes to teaming pointing out green speed as more teaming than other itemsettings is totally weird, there is not more teaming in green speed than other items

Exactly YOU should not protect the "green speed ffa teaming" since you're like on first place to team up with your buddies.

Anyway, why did my idea get ignored? I would atleast like to here a "no" or something, but hmm.. somehow I don't see any answer...

So: I'm also against green ffa speed.

I don't even know why this item got so popular and only because like five people are FOR it, we gonna play now this kind of settings so often?? :/

I would then suggest a vote topic again with many different kinds of settings, so people could vote for one tournament.

EDIT: @celineam: You most likely play 2v1 in every round if you get last together with your speed buddies. I also already experiences this myself. I often told you to stop teaming & in games like "big turn" you almost cannot team with a friend since everyone who takes the item gives an disadvantage to all other players. Of course, in every type of game is somehow a teaming possible, and NO ONE will completely stop this & go on his/her friends, but green speed is the HIGHEST chance to team, IMO - based on seeing games.

Edited by: 
Yellow.' on 23 December, 2014 - 17:55
celineam †'s picture
Offline
Clan: MISS

Yellow.' wrote:
celineam wrote:

 

Someone said green speed ffa shouldnt have a place in the tourney plan, because green speed isnt fair and/or only teaming, no skill, i would like to say that that is wrong. Green speed includes alot of tactics at the same amount as for example red speed does, which real mentioned as a better idea for ffa8. He also said that in red speed ffa almost 90% of the matches there is the same players who wins. Well, this also counts for green speed, as far as i know (i play green speed ffa alot), there is not random persons winning, there is usually the same good players, who plays green speed alot. This is because green speed ffa8 includes tactic exactly like thin, red speed, red turns etc. Just all of the itemsetting i just mentioned has different tactics.

Thats all i wanted to say, so that u mods dont judge the case based on 1 argument.

EDIT: when it comes to teaming pointing out green speed as more teaming than other itemsettings is totally weird, there is not more teaming in green speed than other items

Exactly YOU should not protect the "green speed ffa teaming" since you're like on first place to team up with your buddies. Anyway, why did my idea get ignored? I would atleast like to here a "no" or something, but hmm.. somehow I don't see any answer... So: I'm also against green ffa speed. I don't even know why this item got so popular and only because like five people are FOR it, we gonna play now this kind of settings so often?? :/ I would then suggest a vote topic again with many different kinds of settings, so people could vote for one tournament. EDIT: @celineam: You most likely play 2v1 in every round if you get last together with your speed buddies. I also already experiences this myself. I often told you to stop teaming & in games like "big turn" you almost cannot team with a friend since everyone who takes the item gives an disadvantage to all other players. Of course, in every type of game is somehow a teaming possible, and NO ONE will completely stop this & go on his/her friends, but green speed is the HIGHEST chance to team, IMO - based on seeing games.

 

Anna you are the definition of a hypocrit lmao

And if you think i team then come play a ffa green speed with me now without any of us bringing our friends, and lets see who wins :-)

Offline
Clan: Herz

The item setting which Yelow suggested I also already did that..only ignored. You should not concentrate only on speed and thin. This is getting boring try something new. But I also think that tournaments with only a red item are stupid. There is no fun at all to play a tournament with one big turn or red speed. Especially for this 4v4 team i would suggetst something new and not always thin. We play thin all the time 4v4 and really so boring now. try something new !!! 

 

p.s

celine and yellow stop fighting on forums. Thanks. :)

Edited by: 
Katinka· on 23 December, 2014 - 18:44

Smile :) Smile

Offline
Clan: GG

I was looking forward to 8 player green speed FFA.

 

And you change it because one argument. In a Tournament it is hard to Team, cause you wont be in one room with your friends.

 

+ many player suggested this setting for 8 FFA and almost no one 1vs1

Xamuel's profile on curvefever

Offline
Champion
ffa eu nr. 72
team eu top 2.1%
Clan: RovU

Depp wrote:

  • May 2015: 2v2, Items: Special
  • July 2015: 4v4, Items: Thin

what :( 4v4 thin and 2v2 special? :( 2v2 is 100% teamwork, not much luck and stuff, making special in 2v2 ruins it :( i suggest 2v2 thin and 4v4 special:3

Offline
Champion
celineam wrote:

Yellow.' wrote:
celineam wrote:

 

Someone said green speed ffa shouldnt have a place in the tourney plan, because green speed isnt fair and/or only teaming, no skill, i would like to say that that is wrong. Green speed includes alot of tactics at the same amount as for example red speed does, which real mentioned as a better idea for ffa8. He also said that in red speed ffa almost 90% of the matches there is the same players who wins. Well, this also counts for green speed, as far as i know (i play green speed ffa alot), there is not random persons winning, there is usually the same good players, who plays green speed alot. This is because green speed ffa8 includes tactic exactly like thin, red speed, red turns etc. Just all of the itemsetting i just mentioned has different tactics.

Thats all i wanted to say, so that u mods dont judge the case based on 1 argument.

EDIT: when it comes to teaming pointing out green speed as more teaming than other itemsettings is totally weird, there is not more teaming in green speed than other items

Exactly YOU should not protect the "green speed ffa teaming" since you're like on first place to team up with your buddies. Anyway, why did my idea get ignored? I would atleast like to here a "no" or something, but hmm.. somehow I don't see any answer... So: I'm also against green ffa speed. I don't even know why this item got so popular and only because like five people are FOR it, we gonna play now this kind of settings so often?? :/ I would then suggest a vote topic again with many different kinds of settings, so people could vote for one tournament. EDIT: @celineam: You most likely play 2v1 in every round if you get last together with your speed buddies. I also already experiences this myself. I often told you to stop teaming & in games like "big turn" you almost cannot team with a friend since everyone who takes the item gives an disadvantage to all other players. Of course, in every type of game is somehow a teaming possible, and NO ONE will completely stop this & go on his/her friends, but green speed is the HIGHEST chance to team, IMO - based on seeing games.

 

Anna you are the definition of a hypocrit lmao

And if you think i team then come play a ffa green speed with me now without any of us bringing our friends, and lets see who wins :-)

Hi celineam, I find your comment really offensive. Please don't insult me.

I don't need to compare myself to you, but thanks for the offer! :)

Offline
Champion
ffa eu nr. 72
team eu top 2.1%
Clan: RovU

OK MY COMMENT WAS USELESS BECAUSE THERE'S ALREADY A 2v2 NONE.......

But since there are A LOT of green speed players now, why do you make 1 green and 1 big turn/red speed (very few players play big turn/red speed guyz Q_Q)

Let's make one FFA8 green spid (since is the most played) and then let's vote if team or 1v1

xoxoxooxoxoxo

Offline
Champion

celineam wrote:

 

Someone said green speed ffa shouldnt have a place in the tourney plan, because green speed isnt fair and/or only teaming, no skill, i would like to say that that is wrong. Green speed includes alot of tactics at the same amount as for example red speed does, which real mentioned as a better idea for ffa8. He also said that in red speed ffa almost 90% of the matches there is the same players who wins. Well, this also counts for green speed, as far as i know (i play green speed ffa alot), there is not random persons winning, there is usually the same good players, who plays green speed alot. This is because green speed ffa8 includes tactic exactly like thin, red speed, red turns etc. Just all of the itemsetting i just mentioned has different tactics.

Thats all i wanted to say, so that u mods dont judge the case based on 1 argument.

EDIT: when it comes to teaming pointing out green speed as more teaming than other itemsettings is totally weird, there is not more teaming in green speed than other items

 

May I ask who said it's not fair, it's only teaming and not skill? If you mean me, then read my comment again. I said it isn't fair but I didn't say it's only teaming and no skill. Skill is big part of it and good plan and speed handling are needed for winning. However, teaming is very easy in it and it gives fair players almost no chance to win against same level players who team.

I already explained in other comment why teaming in it is so easy. Green speed games are only about killing other people, not about surviving as long as possible. If no one would kill anyone, the games would last very long because everyone would just pic erasers when no space. Almost all players don't kill their friends in FFA when they have a chance and that makes these games unfair. With other item settings killing other players is very rare and players die usually when they don't have space left anymore.

And well, I can't take your comments serious about this subject because I have seen you teaming in those games a lot like many others too. And other reason for not taking people's comments serious is when I see them insulting like you did in other comment in this topic:

celineam wrote:

Anna you are the definition of a hypocrit lmao

And if you think i team then come play a ffa green speed with me now without any of us bringing our friends, and lets see who wins :-)

And about that last sentence: of course better play would win more games when neither of them have friends there, but as you can see you yourself commented "without any of us bringing our friends". You said this to make the game fair without teaming.

 

 

Gerisch wrote:

I was looking forward to 8 player green speed FFA.

 

And you change it because one argument. In a Tournament it is hard to Team, cause you wont be in one room with your friends.

 

+ many player suggested this setting for 8 FFA and almost no one 1vs1

As you can see from other players' comments, I'm not the only one who thinks it's not good because of the teaming. For the part about not being in same room with friends in tournaments, it is true in first few rounds but in later rounds there are friends in same rooms. In quarter finals, semi finals and final there would be many friends in same rooms. This would just make the tournament not fun to play for players who want to play fair.

Almost all green speed players like also 1v1 speed. I'm pretty sure many of them who suggested FFA green speed would be fine also with 1v1 and they probably didn't even think about that option.

 

Myself I like green speed FFA games because they are fun. I just want tournaments to be fair for everyone.

Offline
Clan: Miss

i agree with the comment of the guy b4 my comment in mostly all points 

Offline
Champion
Clan: big

a 3v3 or 4v4 special should be so much better:)

In my opinion special is for a field with many players in it and not only 4

Edited by: 
wilco on 24 December, 2014 - 01:15
Atlas.'_IAmDeleted0's picture
Offline
Clan: Iogo

4vs4 Finger.

Depp's picture
Offline

Hello again and thanks for all the opinions. This plan you see in the first post is only a first idea which i will update day by day including the most of your ideas! But don't forget: It is not possible to include ALL of your ideas even they are great.

We now have a Special 3v3 Team-Tournament which more of you wanted.

Pug, we do only one Speed tournament because there are so much ideas and we want the most of them to get played.

Anna, i added your powerup-suggestion to the April tournament, so we will do a poll between those three tournaments.

About the FFA8 Green-Speed tournament: Maybe we will find a free spot, but for now we plan with only one speed tournament

Happy Christmas :)

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

Offline
Champion
ffa eu nr. 72
team eu top 2.1%
Clan: RovU

Oki thanks for you time xoxo

Atlas.'_IAmDeleted0's picture
Offline
Clan: Iogo

pug what about my idea 4 vs 4 finger ??

Pages