You are here

Premium & Friends

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Premium & Friends

Every day i got as premium so many people who asked ADD ME ADD ME ADD ME,

It is not normal, they want all free games, but i hate it, when i say no, they gonna attack only me.

When i say yes, i got so many friends, that i can't see my real friends anymore.

I want in my options a button to put it off : add people.

Or you can;t add people in a room.

Then premiums got also a normal game, now the premium's are unlucky about it

 

 

Daniël's picture
Offline
team eu top 15%

That would be an awesome feature!

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Offline

I agree with Hater .
 

 

United Arab Emirates -  الامارات العربية المتحدة

 

Leck88's picture
Offline
ffa eu top 34%

and if u have the possibility to invit ur friends to come in ur room its more good

AKRAM

IDEEKAY's picture
Offline
Clan: cunt

I know dat feel.

Moops's picture
Offline

It's great idea.

BeerMaker's picture
Offline

Or an option that friend can play free game after being added for certain period of time (30 minutes/ 1 hour/ 24h)

The Maker of Beer has joined the game!

Offline

Also good, but the add me add me must be history, if not i must gonna think about i wanna be premium. i hate it.

Offline

What about giving another oppportunity to sell your stuff and as you sell all your icons (including gold star), no1 sees that you are premium, therefore not adding you?

 

 

Offline

It is a idea, when nobody comes with add me, that will be really good, so the color of member, can go away like normal players..

Skatefun's picture
Offline
Clan: kgs

Yes ! Too much players are on us because we are premium...

Offline

Time for action Geert!

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

Hey guys, I think the problem is ill phrased:

At the moment all request are deleted automatically after a week. So the list can't be full of requests. Only of people you added.

So teh problem is that you add to many people.

 

One option could be, that you non prems can't send you a request when you are both in the same room (or only when it is password protected):

But this would mean they will still screaam add me, add me, in the chat

Another option could be, to remove the playing for friend with a friend feature all together

However this will make the premium feature less powerfull

 

 


 

Daniël's picture
Offline
team eu top 15%

Or there should come a feature for premium players,
That they have a button in their friends list to make friend requests available or unavailable.

So premium users can decide by them self when/wheter they want to add free users or not.

Or there should come an extra list (like friends list), called freeplayers.
So users don't get their friendlist full with fake friends.

But in both situations will non premium users still scream for a free game like Geert said.

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Offline

A idea,

When one person add you and you put no.

Then he can't add you for the full day?

Now he can send a friend request again and again.

 

Or when you add a premium player, you pay for the game the first hour. ( and after the first 60 minuts for free )

Then they not gonna add you so much because, they know, much time off the game you don't play 5 games ( 1 hour ) with the same players.

 

Mayby we can't fixed th full problem, but a big part must be possible!

 

Daniël's picture
Offline
team eu top 15%

Awesome suggestion, hater!

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Offline

Thanks :) i Hope Geert think it also

Daniël's picture
Offline
team eu top 15%

I hope it either.

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Offline

Geert,

you can give some information about it?

off something can be updated..

Greets

 

New Spectatpr's picture
Offline

Hater wrote:

A idea,

When one person add you and you put no.

Then he can't add you for the full day?

Now he can send a friend request again and again.

 

Or when you add a premium player, you pay for the game the first hour. ( and after the first 60 minuts for free )

Then they not gonna add you so much because, they know, much time off the game you don't play 5 games ( 1 hour ) with the same players.

 

Mayby we can't fixed th full problem, but a big part must be possible!

 

*GOOD*

New CurveFever Cop

Offline

Geert,

you can give some information about it?

off something can be updated..

Greets

Flash.''s picture
Offline
Clan: The

Hater.add.me.pls.Im.low.on.coins.

 

 

 

Offline

I make a game with the title, no add, or add=kick.

but got many bad reactions.

 

Offline

1 month ago i start it, but  still the same problem, add me add me add me every day.

not a good feeling that curvefever team not really active is to make the game better

BeerMaker's picture
Offline

Ive come up to a conclusion that good idea would be that:
1. Nonpremiums can add nonpremiums
2. Nonpremiums cant add premiums
3. Premiums can add both nonpremiums and premiums
Think it through.

Ofc there will be screaming for add, but I often find myself in a situation that when a player add me i reject him, but when he asks me kindly to add me (not like ADD ME NEWB I HAVE RIGHT TO FREE GAME = 100% reject and kick and suggestion to buy premium) i send an invite to this player.

So imo, best thing would be that premium players are "untouchable" for nonpremiums in adding matter, but when a premium decides to add someone he does it on his own and if nonpremium will be added only depends on him accepting the invite.

The Maker of Beer has joined the game!

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE

When people are like "ADD ME ADD ME ADD ME" = Ignore or even kick!
When people are like "Could you please add me?" = Accept and play!

Offline

And when i ignore i need to kick him?

Because i said long ago here, when i don't add, he only gonna attack me, beceause he hate me..

its a problem, thats unfair for premium.

when i need tot kick all add people the game never started.

 

i think one off this is better

 

When one person add you and you put no.

Then he can't add you for the full day?

Now he can send a friend request again and again.

 

Or when you add a premium player, you pay for the game the first hour. ( and after the first 60 minuts for free )

Then they not gonna add you so much because, they know, much time off the game you don't play 5 games ( 1 hour ) with the same players.

Reechi's picture
Offline
Clan: K40S

I'm not a premium player but I can see how annoying it is for you all this ADD ME nonsense.

One easy solution to this would be the "hide premium" option in the icon selection. If you take this your icons become white, like for nonpremiums.

And while we're at it, add a "None" option to the icons, so we can turm them off too.

Offline

Yes, i hope the curvefever team, will take some action..

there are so many options, but in this 6 weeks, only a really small update about it..

Offline

6 weeks later, still not a good result. thanks geert and mods, that you don't wanna make the game better.

I gonna think about it or i take a membership again. because add me add me, every time, also in this 6 weeks, is hatefully

InfinityMonkeys's picture
Offline
Clan: IMOG

They are too busy with banning people without reason

Jasonm7's picture
Offline
Clan: YES

Hater wrote:

6 weeks later, still not a good result. thanks geert and mods, that you don't wanna make the game better.

I gonna think about it or i take a membership again. because add me add me, every time, also in this 6 weeks, is hatefully

 

hm i went to see if there is a mod for suggestions forum

and guess what.. there is one

PwnYeAll ...

 

I have never seen this guy doing something?

I bet there are some people playing this game who are smart, professional, mature & educated who would wanna become a suggestions moderator.

 

but no no says wallyson or geert whoever takes care of that

no changes! thats what the mods, manager and geert wants

#nochangesincf

Offline
Clan: GirL

Jasonm7 wrote:

Hater wrote:

6 weeks later, still not a good result. thanks geert and mods, that you don't wanna make the game better.

I gonna think about it or i take a membership again. because add me add me, every time, also in this 6 weeks, is hatefully

 

hm i went to see if there is a mod for suggestions forum

and guess what.. there is one

PwnYeAll ...

 

I have never seen this guy doing something?

I bet there are some people playing this game who are smart, professional, mature & educated who would wanna become a suggestions moderator.

 

but no no says wallyson or geert whoever takes care of that

no changes! thats what the mods, manager and geert wants

#nochangesincf

Hey Jason,

I can tell you what PwnYeAll is doing whole day!!! His work is only to close, delete or edit my topics, that's it!

#cfdictatorship

Greets, Anna =)

Offline

Without helping this problems they make a topic: Focus on the positivity

The first stap must come from curve fever.

Make it good then, listen and make the game better.

If you do nothing as game, dont think, aah when we say, think positiv because it can, it's enough.

 

Zulu's picture
Offline
ffa eu top 15%
team eu top 60%

This would be realy good to set off friends.

Offline
Clan: 69

I always add nonpremiums cuz i love have new friends, now i have over 400 friends:D

Offline

Geert still sleeping.

Add me add me every day.

 

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

Hater wrote:

A idea,

When one person add you and you put no.

Then he can't add you for the full day?

Now he can send a friend request again and again.

 

Or when you add a premium player, you pay for the game the first hour. (and after the first 60 minuts for free )

Then they not gonna add you so much because, they know, much time off the game you don't play 5 games ( 1 hour ) with the same players.

 

Mayby we can't fixed th full problem, but a big part must be possible!

Geert wrote:

One option could be, that you non prems can't send you a request when you are both in the same room (or only when it is password protected):

But this would mean they will still screaam add me, add me, in the chat

Another option could be, to remove the playing for friend with a friend feature all together

However this will make the premium feature less powerfull

 

Hi, I am considering things.

What I like thus far, is that the restristions are not true for password protected rooms. In password portected rooms you are always with your friends. (assumption)

Maybe make a delay on the time people can send an invite to a premium player (like once every hour)... still screaming...

Paying for the first hour would obviously solve it, but it would be hard to explain, and not nice to real friends

 

They scream because you need to do an action, so they get a benefit.

The reason they spam request, is because they can indefenitely invite you. (however, you could just ignore the request right? I believe all requests are deleted automagically after every week?


 

Momo's picture
Offline
Clan: OFF

Maybe just a setting where you say "Disable friend requests". But what we really need in the text bar ON TOP of the friend list, and not at the bottom, cuz I have too many friends in curve fever, and I have to scroll down all the friendlist to get to the text bar so I can add friends :(

Momo's profile on curvefever

CurveFeverTv's picture
Offline

Like Momo said, the best option is a settings window where you simple choose to accept friendrequest or not (can be broken down in accepting only from premium or non premium) and here is why:

Settings > people can choose the option they prefer and it's not Fixed

In tournaments too happens often that players send friend requests to the players in the final or to the recorders , it makes the players lags, and ennoying for people who will watch the video, hearing the friend request sound.

Also it's nice to have a option to disable incoming messages. This is easy for players in tournaments who play an important match and don't want to be spammed, same for recorders. And you can check the setting at any time on or off.. ;)

Also it's nice to have a option to lower the sounds volume, for me the countdowns are to loud (speaking for myself) when I listen to music, the countdown goes I press the Mute key on my keyboard because its too loud. Also it's nice to lower other sounds like the effect sounds, for some people it's too loud too. A general option for all sounds is good too.

The box to add a player can be on the top, or maybe smth like Rightclick and the box pops up to add a player ... ? ;)

 Overall, a settings window will be awesome and I think the best ;)

 

Offline

Hater wrote:

A idea,

When one person add you and you put no.

Then he can't add you for the full day?

Now he can send a friend request again and again.

Or  a decide option, you can putt add me off, so premium people dont get invites when they want, so people by a reqeust see, aah he dont see it, becease he choose for this.  when a non premium some one add, and he got max friends, you see also, friendlist is full.

and i dont wait a full week to delete the request, wann a real friend me wanna add or something i can search the person, in 50 request then..

 

 

Offline

Great :

Like Momo said, the best option is a settings window where you simple choose to accept friendrequest or not (can be broken down in accepting only from premium or non premium) and here is why:

Settings > people can choose the option they prefer and it's not Fixed

Droplet's picture
Offline
team eu top 16%
Clan: Why

CURVEFEVER TV wrote:

In tournaments too happens often that players send friend requests to the players in the final or to the recorders , it makes the players lags, and ennoying for people who will watch the video, hearing the friend request sound.

I already suggested once that even if your friend is in password protected room, you still need a password to join. That means if he really wants you to join he can still tell you the password. Nowadays friend of a player who is playing can join but hey look at this every friend of a friend .... is also avaible to join.

Another thing are the friend requests. Maybe change it back that unpremium player can have max. 5-10 unpremium friends all the others ( unlimited ) can be premiums ( but the premium guy must add you ) 

And the last thing is no inviting and adding during the game becouse it can be annoying.

Offline

So Geert, is that a option?
 

Or must we wait 4 months again for a answer..

 

Like Momo said, the best option is a settings window where you simple choose to accept friendrequest or not (can be broken down in accepting only from premium or non premium) and here is why:

Settings > people can choose the option they prefer and it's not Fixed

Master Shuriken's picture
Offline
Clan: ATK

Reading through this thread, I’m pretty surprised that all of you have only come up with the suggestions which restrict the non-premium players. All suggestions that I see in this thread are also ones which would be quite complicated to implement, as well as ones which not everyone would agree on.

I understand that this game cannot run without the money, of course - but really? Is it so much harder to implement a solution that will benefit everyone instead of one which only restricts non-premiums? Especially if that solution is a lot simpler and a lot less problematic?

I think one of the best times when I was playing this game was the couple of months which came before Credits were introduced into the game. If I remember correctly, the players in the forums who suggested the Credits system in the first place never intended the system to be anywhere near like the current one we have had for about a year. The suggestions in the forums at that time were made so that everyone in the game could benefit from the credits.

Instead, no. Curve Fever have to take a new angle and perspective to it, and see in what way premiums could benefit the most out of this system. How? Instead of everyone being able to play as many games (of any type) as they liked, Curve Fever decided to make non-premiums pay 20 credits to play in a premium room. Buy premium, or pay 20 credits for every game.

When this system was implemented, I hated it. You had to keep track of your coins, and instead of playing in the rooms that you had the most fun in (ie. Teams, Thin, Corner for me), you had to play in a standard ffa room once every 4 games. No one of any remarkable skill plays in those rooms, so it was no fun, and it was either no items, or all items, including the items which made making a camp pointless.

I’m sure that the people who suggested Credits in the game in the first place also probably regretted making the suggestion after this new system was implemented. It sucked, and still does suck. I’d rather the credits system only be exclusive to the premium players only to “benefit” them instead of making the game suck for us non-premium members.

What do you think people are going to do if they can add Premium players to play for free? They’re going to try to add them, and play for free as much as possible in premium rooms, of course, so they don’t have to play in rooms which are less fun. This ends up in premium players being annoyed all the time in rooms, which in the end, means that the credits system which forced non-premiums to pay credits actually affects the premium players badly too. This also means that the friend system is so messed up that the list on the bottom left is no longer an actual friend list, but a list of random players among which, a few are your friends.

So, some simple solutions to this mess:

1. Get rid of the credits system or change it completely - Extreme, of course, probably not going to happen.

2. Non-premium players do not pay for premium rooms except 100 coins when hosting one - Personally, I think it’s the best solution. Of course, if CF decides that if this 1 advantage of being Premium being lost is 1 too many, then this won’t be implemented.

3. The credits system only affects premium players, or non-premium players have to play 0 coins for a game, but have to pay much more for everything that costs credits (maybe triple the price) - This will mean that non-prems can’t buy or have play many more games to buy icons, colours, items, etc etc any more, but on the other hand, non-prems don’t have to pay credits for rooms. Some people will hate this, but I think it’s better than having to pay 20 credits every game and having to keep track of your coins and adding premiums.

I think any of these 3 solutions will be better than disabling or limiting the friend system in any way, since premium players will still be peskered to add players. (solution 2 is the easiest to implement, though, and also the one which players will probably agree on)

It will solve the problem of premiums being peskered to be added, and will sort the friend list problem out.

Surely there are better things CF can implement instead of the 20 coins cost which will attract people to buy premium. Special exclusive icons and colours, etc for premiums, etc etc. Maybe a free 5000 credit boost every time you buy premium for a year… Things which make people want to buy premium instead of things which restrict non-premiums and pressurize them to buy premium.

Edited by: 
Master Shuriken on 23 September, 2014 - 22:02

OMG!!! It's Over 9000!!! (ms lag)

Hunter491's picture
Offline

Wow Well said to be honest

Metta&Peace

moneyboy.'s picture
Offline
Clan: swag

easy den fullen nachmittag für cf was writen das calle ich mal yolo

swig swag lel #fitemeirlpvp1on1 #noscope #swigswag #yolo #moneyboy

This user is warned for this post because of:
Use any other language than English

Warned by Calmy

Edited by: 
Calmy on 23 September, 2014 - 23:52
Offline
Clan: 69

moneyboy. wrote:

easy den fullen nachmittag für cf was writen das calle ich mal yolo

swig swag lel #fitemeirlpvp1on1 #noscope #swigswag #yolo #moneyboy


This user is warned because using other language :P

This user is warned for this post because of:
Derail a thread's topic

Warned by Calmy

Edited by: 
Calmy on 24 September, 2014 - 00:31
Laura19's picture
Offline
Clan: ois

wow too much "drama" for a game. First, if someone ask you to add him/her as a "friend" and definitely you don't know the person, yeah they want to play without to pay and earn some credits for future games. Of course some, probably few, of those players would become in your "friends" because they will play regulary with you. But don't think they want to add you cause you are someone special to become their friends... If they dont like the NO well mute them and that's it... if they send you the friend request just decline it... gosh it is not that complicated and so dramatic or exhausting. Also if you want to play with only your "real" friends well set a password on your room and your friends will come to your game and of course if you have added some people that you don't want to see on your game kick them (or ask them to leave) and delete them. God it looks so simple to me than ask to Geert to implement something different. And yeah probably you are thinking "of course she is not premium that's why she deffend them" well yeah im not premium, neither ask to add but not afraid to do it. When I have played with them several games they ask me or I ask for it. Also I bet the majority of the people that are agree with it are premium but still you, the premiums, are willing to add or not someone that dont know. NO ONE is pushing you to add someone that you don't want, and again if you tired to read it "add me add me add me" MUTE them.

Edited by: 
Laura19 on 24 September, 2014 - 01:44
Offline

Laura the first part is not a free room, with password, that is not so problem offcourse.

But when you read the full topic, the story was, in a game without password, people are gonna add and and add again, when im host or not.

When i dont accept, they only attack me, because im bad because i dont accept it, and that is unfair.

What you thinking about geert or about me and not premium is your part, but not importmant for this topic.

 

Laura19's picture
Offline
Clan: ois

Well that is my point even without a closed room you can take my advise of decline, mute and/or kick them and your "problem" is fixed. 

Also I haven't said anything about thinking something (good or bad) about geert, you or any premium player. First cause I don't know you and second cause I have friends with and without premium and I treat them equally.

Again, I understand your point and complaints but what I said was that there was a simple solution for it than just implement more stuff or features to the game. Or make it easy ask to geert to quit the advantages that a non premium have when they add a premium player and no one will bother you again ;)

Edited by: 
Laura19 on 24 September, 2014 - 11:46

Pages

Topic locked