You are here

People who stop playing fair when they start losing

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Destin.'s picture
Offline
Champion
Moderator
ffa eu nr. 1
1v1 eu nr. 11
team eu top 1.9%
People who stop playing fair when they start losing

Hello,

What do you think when people stop playing fair when they lose ? Do you think it's normal behavior ?
We were winning 9 - 7. From this score they stopped to play fair (Kanches - Ypsilan - katchup - Cynosure)

Destin.

Offline
Clan: daup

I demand instant bans for all players from team hot. 

Offline

As in another post already said by someone, Curve Fever is the only game that i know where people are making fair in case someone has to go or is having a disconnect or what ever. In games like League of Legends, dota or any other game i know, no one doesnt give a single f*ck about making fair if anyone disconnects or anything like that. By that i just wanna say, stop doing fair in Curve Fever aswell. I mean it is nice and really kind of some people to do it but if you start a game you either end the game before you have to go or you just simply dont even start a game if you know that you dont have enough time to play one more game. And in case you got a disconnect or crash on your computer or what ever, then it is just simply your own fault, sad but it is just in every game like that.

Offline
ffa eu nr. 18
1v1 eu top 0.8%
team eu nr. 51
Clan: 9

There are no rules against not making fair = do fair if you wanna be nice, but don't complain if others wont. 

Offline
ffa eu top 2.8%
1v1 eu top 21%
team eu top 5.5%

stop making topics about it, no1 cares

Offline
Clan: SKT

I am saying this since 4 years  Gilnash Wink

R4W1L's picture
Offline
ffa eu nr. 56
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu nr. 31
Clan: Nina

Destin. wrote:

What do you think when people stop playing fair when they lose ? Do you think it's normal behavior ?

How is this forum post gonna help you? Just remember it or just don't play another time with them you clown

Gilnash wrote:

In games like League of Legends, dota or any other game i know, no one doesnt give a single f*ck about making fair if anyone disconnects or anything like that. By that i just wanna say, stop doing fair in Curve Fever aswell.

lmao that's the dumbest comparision I heard in a long time
Obv cf is different from LoL with 30million monthly players or dota with over one million monthly players.
CFs community is tiny af, and you keep seeing the same stupid faces everyday.

If you don't fair for me, I won't start crying or make a post on the forums. There is nothing holding me back from kicking people who don't fair since cf doesn't got any matchmaking (unlike the games you mentioned above). If not that I will just remember it and not fair for you when you once need it. or how the cf nerds call it: cf karma

 

_____________________________________________________________________
my guide for improving cf performance  

Offline

No idea why you call it dumb, it is just the truth. I dont even care about this, i just wanted to tell this guy that he shouldnt complain about others not doing fair, no one asked you to give such a dumb answer.

R4W1L's picture
Offline
ffa eu nr. 56
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu nr. 31
Clan: Nina

Gilnash wrote:

No idea why you call it dumb, it is just the truth. I dont even care about this, i just wanted to tell this guy that he shouldnt complain about others not doing fair, no one asked you to give such a dumb answer.

if you got "no idea why I call it dumb" maybe you should read my dumb comment you genius, I made it pretty clear. Apperently you still care enough about it to comment here.

_____________________________________________________________________
my guide for improving cf performance  

Offline

In game idiots... in forum idiots, why did i start this game again :'D

Destin.'s picture
Offline
Champion
Moderator
ffa eu nr. 1
1v1 eu nr. 11
team eu top 1.9%

Gilnash wrote:

As in another post already said by someone, Curve Fever is the only game that i know where people are making fair in case someone has to go or is having a disconnect or what ever. In games like League of Legends, dota or any other game i know, no one doesnt give a single f*ck about making fair if anyone disconnects or anything like that. By that i just wanna say, stop doing fair in Curve Fever aswell. I mean it is nice and really kind of some people to do it but if you start a game you either end the game before you have to go or you just simply dont even start a game if you know that you dont have enough time to play one more game. And in case you got a disconnect or crash on your computer or what ever, then it is just simply your own fault, sad but it is just in every game like that.

Ninaballerina wrote:

There are no rules against not making fair = do fair if you wanna be nice, but don't complain if others wont. 

volpex wrote:

I am saying this since 4 years  Gilnash  [Wink]

=> Ok. To be honest I prefer people who don't fair since the begining so we know we will have to play like that until the end, compared to people who start playing fair and then suddenly stop when losing. It's like I want to be a fair player if I win for looking nice, but I stop fair when I lose because I care too much about rank. And no, I'm not complaining. I got your point of view, so it's ok. In conclusion, I'll try to convince myself it doesn't bother anybody that people change their mind about playing fair during a game.

neusaap. wrote:

stop making topics about it, no1 cares

=> It seems like you care about answering

R4W1L wrote:

How is this forum post gonna help you? Just remember it or just don't play another time with them you clown

Irrelevant answer. I was asking a question to get an answer. I think you didn't get it. 

-------
Forum Moderator

Offline
Clan: daup

I like players which intentionally go afk when their team is losing. They realize they can't win 4v4, 3v3 or 2v2 and start pretending to be unable to play in order to get a "fair game". Most often the game gets chaotic then and the chance to make a comeback is quite substantial.

Somehow they never have problems to play when their team is stomping the game. Very strange...

Human Bomb †'s picture
Offline
Champion

Making fair should be disallowed. Crying about it should be bannable.

onCocaine's picture
Offline
team eu top 13%
Clan: fm

This is funny how people wont do fair, find every possible excuse to not do so, pretend they dont see yet they are first to whine about fairing when their team is lack of one of the players.

What is even more funny is how some people who commented on this thread were complaining about not doing fair in the past. 

Comparing CF to another games about playing fair I find completely pointless - the maximum players on the field in this game is 8. That makes 4v4 teams (or 3v3, 2v2). Now, given of just one player who is missing in a team that gives 3v4, 2v3, 1v2 - which, because of low number of maximum players in a team, gives a tremendous advantage of one team ahead of another. That wont be visible much in football matches where there are 11 players on the pitch (10v11 will be noticeable but not that visible) or some other online games where there is bigger amount of players. The less players in a specific team, the more it will be visible for this team if they are missing of one player.

Also, CF shouldnt be compared to another games in this matter because it's kind of "tradition" here that people do fair, agree on fair and ask for it - possibly another online games were never considered so and nobody thinks about it.

There is no rule about playing fair but I do believe that if nobody did that, soon the community would go towards massive hate, chaos and even more unfair cases. What holds some respect among players and overall more professional competition is doing fair (as one of many things that provide that, not just the only one).

Offline
ffa eu top 0.3%
1v1 eu top 5.9%
team eu top 1.1%
Clan: KOLL

onCocaine wrote:

There is no rule about playing fair but I do believe that if nobody did that, soon the community would go towards massive hate, chaos and even more unfair cases. What holds some respect among players and overall more professional competition is doing fair (as one of many things that provide that, not just the only one).

The community already went down a lot. Every player who plays this game for several years can say this. When I started playing CurveFever 2, the people didn't even came close to the thought to not do fair. People who behaved bad at ingame chat, cheated or haven't done fair got flamed and were kicked out of almost every room. But as the community went down, the people don't fear consequences. The tribunal isn't working anymore since august and the people just flame and insult at every single room. Cheaters just do their stuff and if they get banned they just create another bunch of 2nd accounts. Most people gave it up to report toxic behaviour, because the community doesn't punish this. The cheatersection won't help anymore, as the ranks became meaningless and the people just create new accounts and continue(As Geert always advertised "It just takes 49 sec to create a new account"). The game went down for a long time, but the teamrankreset, the dead tribunal  and the start of CurveFever3 killed the community and this was also the deadline of the game.

Abotu fairplay, I already wrote my opinion in detail here: http://forum.curvefever.com/comment/95045#comment-95045

 

 

~~signature~~

My time:

Offline
Clan: daup

Rank is completely meaningless. So why should anyone make fair? Who cares if you lose some points or not? If you lose or win is irrelevant nowadays since the rank system is destroyed as fuck. Better make no fair and quickly finish the game instead of playing some 3v3 or 2v2 on big field which literally everyone hates. 

You make no sense.

Offline
ffa eu top 0.3%
1v1 eu top 5.9%
team eu top 1.1%
Clan: KOLL

Levit wrote:

Rank is completely meaningless. So why should anyone make fair? Who cares if you lose some points or not? If you lose or win is irrelevant nowadays since the rank system is destroyed as fuck. Better make no fair and quickly finish the game instead of playing some 3v3 or 2v2 on big field which literally everyone hates. 

You make no sense.

You just missunderstand something there. Yes rank became meaningless, because all the 2nd accounts and because many pros left the game or just don't try to get top ranks anymore, but fairplay isn't connected to this. Games are there to have fun and to enjoy them. It isn't fun to lose a game, because your team has less players and it is also no fun to get a free win, just because your team has more members. So yeah, fairplay wouldn't be needed if you just look at the ranks, but if you want to enjoy the game it is important.

 

~~signature~~

My time:

Offline
Clan: daup

Fairplay? Everyone signed up for the game at it was in the lobby. When someone leaves or can't play then it's not fair to die on purpose to make it easier for the other team. It's an act of mercy and you can be happy if you receive it because in any other game you would get smashed.

Team Account's picture
Offline

It's their way of how they play.

Team Account Biggrin

Offline

In that case it's better to punish those who leave the game, and not those who don't fair.

Ypsilan's picture
Offline
Clan: 187

Yep, ban me pls! ...

There is a reason why you get more rank points reduced when you leave the game.
I leave some games too sometimes, but i dont care about the rank and dont except others to do fair. Also when someone leaves in my team, i dont care about it, as long as i win...And it's also nice to see when the leaver gets more rank reduced, if thats not the case.

Also when i play.. i dont play for rank, i play because i want to win. As Levit already mentioned, other games are just the same.

Pls dont cry xoxo

Married to marijuana, addicted to cigarettes
Codeine's my concubine, cocaine confidant

Offline
Clan: SKT

most of people didn't think more than 5 min about what they are going to say, only nowodny but it's not about topic same to most of u, stay focused on topic Wink

Offline
ffa eu top 1.8%
team eu top 57%
Clan: fuck

Game's screwed up

y did CF3 have to come along

like if u had just kept cf2 it would have stayed decent but now its all screwed up

nice, nice work 

goooooooooooooood

Smile

 

Offline
Champion
team eu nr. 99

I honestly don't give a shit. It's nice when people do fair because it actually makes the game more competitive/interesting though.

 

But as much as I'd like to offer any suggestions to go about the topic, there's about 4 billion simple ass bugs that apparently can't be fixed so why bother.

Offline
ffa eu top 5.7%
team eu top 44%

No player should fair if someone from the other team left or had a bad connection. Whose fault is it ultimately? the person who got a bad connection needs to pay the price and his team members as well.