You are here

Olympics 2015 ideas? - closed

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Clan: Rock
Olympics 2015 ideas? - closed

Hey everybody!

I don't know if you guys remember it, but last year around this time there were the Curve Olympics!

I would like to do this again this year, but i would like to have some input, because there were some complains.

So there will be 6 rounds which will be propably something like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournament #1: 1 vs 1, Items: None,

Tournament #2: 2 vs 2, Items: Thin

Tournament #3: FFA, Items: Mixed

Tournament #4: 3 vs 3, Items: Speed

Tournament #5: 4 vs 4, Items: Special

Tournament #6: FFA, Items: Thin

This was how it looked like last year, so tell me if you would like to have it changed. I heard some people saying it would be better to do only FFA or only TEAM. If you agree with this also tell me. Than there were some complains about the point system, how many people were getting through to the next round and how the winner was being decided (take a look at the posts of last year) So please let me know how you guys would like to have it, so that i can make an olympics which is in favour of (almost) everybody.

Kind regards,

Marloesvr

Champion

Items:Mixed should be replaced with Corner, there is none, 2xthin , speed , special ,so there should be place for corner.. ty :) 

I think that the last FFA is only for the top 16 in the olympic ranking, so maybe 1 more FFA in the rounds before, instead of 3 team and 1 FFA we could do 2 team and 2 FFA.

1v1 none

FFA red/green speed

2v2 thin

FFA special

3v3 speed

(Final Round) FFA thin

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

I agree with Scary' (but with different powerups). Also what most annoyed me last time was that points were kept for the final FFA comp (for the last 16). I think the rounds before should be qualifiers and then the final should start from 0 again. Basically Gilnash won it because he was able to play in every competition...(ofc he did very well in most of them anyway and probably deserved it but you should still have to win the 'final' imo)

Pjush's picture
Champion
ffa america top 60%
team america top 9.2%
Clan: HC

That is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard Alan. There are very few ''pro'' players that still plays this game, so being qualified to the big final is not hard, and the final is based on only one item (thin). The winner wouldnt be a olympicchampion anymore, but a thin champ. It would have been very unfair for a player that leads big-time in the olympics and then gets his/her points resetted at the final. If the only argument u have for this is that not everyone has time to play every tournament, then that is not the competition's problem. Maybe you should choose to stay home the 3 weekends during the olympics instead?

Furthermore, i dont agree to Scary's statement. There are 5 different modes you can play (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and FFA), and they should all be included in an olympics. Why would you drop out 4v4 just to put in another FFA? I like the consept we had in 2014, and i think it should stay the same this year.

Haru. †'s picture
Champion
Clan: Sora

4vs4 thin is probably the most played set up and you don't think about inculding it? Makes no sense imo. 

Miao.-. †'s picture

Last round shouldn’t restart from 0 points because the winner should be the overall best player in CF, and as Pjush said, it shouldn’t be a thin champ. The one who has earned the points before deserve to have more advantage in the final round. So I also agree with Kizza’s idea for having Corner FFA in third round so the items are more equally diversified. 

In fact, I actually think that everyone should be able to join the last round, Thin FFA (so each player gets 2 FFA rounds and we don’t swap out the 4v4.) I don’t see a reason why only 16 people get to play Thin FFA who were qualified from different game modes. Thin FFA is a popular game mode and many would want to play it for fun. Plus having a few rounds before the grand finale sets up the mood of a tournament.  

Here’s my opinion for items:

• Nov 14 - 1v1 none
  • Nov 15 - 4v4 thin
  • Nov 21 - FFA corner
  • Nov 22 - 3v3 special
  • Nov 28 - 2v2 speed 
  • Nov 29 - FFA thin
Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

Let the dramas beginn

Pju ♥

Tranquility. †'s picture

All valid points, including yours Pjush. But I don't think anyone can deny...for everyone else except the top 5 or so players the final 2/3 tournaments were pretty boring and meaningless. I would rather it was exciting from start to finish instead of having the Olympics won with 2 tournaments still left to play :s

Just my two cents really. Maybe there is another way :o

Champion

Tour#1 – 1vs1, Items:None

Tour#2 – FFA,Items:Special

Tour#3 – 4vs4, Items:Thin

Tour#4 – FFA, Items:Corner

Tour#5 – 2vs2,Items:Speed

Tour#6 – FFA,Items:Thin

I think there should be 3 FFA games, becouse most of players can't find team,and it will be unfair becouse of points given on team games, if you get hard opponent in 4v4 tour in first round, your whole team won't get any chance to win that olympics ...Also I wanna know how you will point players in all games, in 1v1 tour it will be unfair if just first 3 players get points(if in 4v4 team first 3 teams get points like in 1v1..) and how do players get points in FFA games,when will we play that games(which days..) ...rip english but I need some help here :p

Video Games †'s picture
Clan: Anet

Hi.

i suggest that one Mod starts a Straw Poll. This is way more easier and we can include all Suggestions. 

Peace

Champion
1v1 america nr. 26
team america nr. 10
Clan: NO2

Tournament #1: 1 vs 1, Items: None

Tournament #2: FFA Items: Corner

Tournament #3: 2 vs 2, Items: None

Tournament #4: FFA, Items: Green speed

Tournament #5: 3 vs 3, Items: None

Tournament #6: FFA, Items: Special

Tournament #7: 4 vs 4, Items: None

Tournament #8; FFA, Items: Thin

Haru. †'s picture
Champion

I had the same idea as Nitrogen Dioxide. This set up means that everyone can show their item skill in the individual FFA rounds and their level of pure tactical team play in the Team rounds. 

Tranquility. †'s picture

Had another idea! So we can scrap the idea of starting the final from 0 - clearly it was rubbish! 

So Marloes asked about randomizing teams and people don't like that either. I'm not a fan either really. But I think there is another fun way (fair!) so that teams are not random (based on luck) or just all pros together (based on who you know).

IDEA

We could run 2 separate things over the next 2-4 months. 

• Olympics - 6x FFA competitions (maybe thin, gspeed, rspeed, corner, special and 1v1 none?).
  • World cup - 6x Team competitions based on what country you are from.

So one will be for FFA, meaning you can't be carried to the finals by your team mates :x, while the other is teams (but not just choose anyone, they must be from your country!). Maybe as one part of the world cup there could be a competition where you can pick your own team mates but idk about that.

Let me know what you guys think! Is this something people would like or do you want it to be the same style as last year?

Champion
ffa america top 17%
Clan: cery

So, we have 2 options :

• -Olympics - 6x FFA competitions (maybe thin, gspeed, rspeed, corner, special and 1v1 none?).
  • -World cup - 6x Team competitions based on what country you are from.​
    OR
  • ​- The same style as last year. 

Tranquility. †'s picture

Those aren't the only options. We're just asking what people want ;) 

Ofc pros wanna play with pros but that's not fun for less skilled players. But making things for only less skilled users isn't fair on the pros either! That's the reason for my latest idea :3

sam_pum's picture
Champion
ffa america nr. 37
1v1 america nr. 39
team america nr. 41
Clan: Jeff

And a curve fever league like last 2 years?

My name is Jeff.

Haru. †'s picture
Champion

Your idea to set up a rule like "based on what country you are from" could be problematic for players from countries which aren't represented in high numbers. Players from Germany for example will benefit from this since they have more options to chose from. We also should keep in mind that you are only "supposed" to win if you're highly skilled. That's unfortunately a part of these tournaments. It obviously sucks to have no chances whatsoever... but forcing pro players to play with less skilled players is a very drastic approach to stop them from winning. 

Miao.-. †'s picture

I vote for Nitrogen Dioxide’s tournament game plans to be held for olympics!!

Choosing your team based on your own country seems like a really fresh idea and could be fun since it becomes more competitive when the highest level is brought down. However, to me it just allows the problems from randomizing team and choosing your own team to form a mix. Some pros will end up luckier to have better lower ranked players from their own country and you get to choose those better players. 

So I think its better to choose your own teams if you want a deserved champion or... make the curve olympics completely like a real olympic! lol. You choose your team based on the same country but you also play the FFA for your own country. In the end having the team nominating someone for a title of something like “The MVP of Curve Olympics 2015 winner Germany is here.” XD

InTheBlueSky's picture

Nitrogen Dioxide wrote:

Tournament #1: 1 vs 1, Items: None

Tournament #2: FFA Items: Corner

Tournament #3: 2 vs 2, Items: None

Tournament #4: FFA, Items: Green speed

Tournament #5: 3 vs 3, Items: None

Tournament #6: FFA, Items: Special

Tournament #7: 4 vs 4, Items: None

Tournament #8; FFA, Items: Thin

Perfect.

InTheBlueSky's profile on curvefever

Clan: SKT

1vs1 none and speed 2vs2 speed 3vs3 corner 4vs4 thin and special ffa special and thin.I would like to add for example one finger ffa but ppl doesnt like it :d

sundus. †'s picture
Clan: bai

"Choosing players from your country"

There's literally under 5 active players I know who's from Denmark, and 1 of them even stopped playing

.-. 

Spoiler: Highlight to view
Thx all, luv u QT's <3 

sundus. †'s picture
Clan: bai

Nitrogen Dioxide wrote:

Tournament #1: 1 vs 1, Items: None Tournament #2: FFA Items: Corner Tournament #3: 2 vs 2, Items: None Tournament #4: FFA, Items: Green speed Tournament #5: 3 vs 3, Items: None Tournament #6: FFA, Items: Special Tournament #7: 4 vs 4, Items: None Tournament #8; FFA, Items: Thin

+1

Spoiler: Highlight to view
Thx all, luv u QT's <3 

Teaa's picture

I like Alans idea. It doesnt have to be strictly like he wrote, changes are always possible ^^

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Champion
1v1 america top 45%
team america top 7.2%

The system isn't really good because a player has to play all tournaments to win but everybody don't have time for all of them. Last year I couldn't have had chance to win because I couldn't have played all of them and that will happen to many players also this year.

Just 1 final tournament which decides all isn't good either. There could be some qualification for top 8 (or 16) players who then play a few tournaments in 1 day, FFA and 1v1. The problem would be that it's hard to make good qualification system for that. That's why it's maybe better just to make a few tournaments and players get points from them.

Alan's idea is pretty good. There could be 3 tournaments of FFA and 3 of 1v1 with different items. It's better if all game types are played same amount of times because if there were for example 4 FFA and 2 1v1, it would help FFA players over 1v1 players. For example 1v1 speed, FFA special, 1v1 thin, FFA corner/red speed, 1v1 none, FFA thin.

Then in world cup would be team tournaments and players should play every tournament with same team. Or all players should be from same country in a team and then could change players in those tournaments.

If that won't be made, best tournament settings should have all game modes as many times.

For example 1v1 none, 4v4 thin, ffa special, 1v1 speed, 2v2 corner (or 3v3) and final ffa thin.

If speed would be in team it could 1v1 thin, 2v2 speed, ffa red speed/corner, 1v1 none, 4v4 special, ffa thin.

If there were 8 tournaments, it could be 1v1 thin, 2v2 speed, ffa red speed, 1v1 none, 4v4 thin, ffa special, 3v3 corner and ffa thin

Clan: KOLL

I like the idea of Nitrogen Dioxide too(#12), but I also liked the way it was handled last year. My thought would be, to mix up several ideas.

1. Tournament plan which was suggested by Nitrogen Dioxide

2. Same system as last year with winners(Grand final -> Champ, most points -> olympic champ)

3. players with less time -> Winner of each FFA and the 1vs1 tournament receives directly a place at Grand Final(+ winners of teamtournaments??) and the left free places at top 16 final will be filled up with the people who have the most points

4. For the aspect of competition(so olympic winner is decided later) the Grand final could count like 3 FFA tournaments(all given points *3) -> better chance for comeback at the end against the best players, but also advantage for people who received more points at the normal 8 tournaments.

What do you think about this?

Edited by: 
NOWODNY2 on 2 November, 2015 - 21:32

~~signature~~

My time:

snssays †'s picture
Clan: LvLy

"Based on what country you are from"

Being Indian,I can only laugh thinking how easily I can be a champion now,in teams :p

Alternative,divide the entire world  into regions like 5-6 that could help tho

0 Expectations = ∞ Happiness Drinks

Video Games †'s picture
Clan: Anet

i made a little powerpoints presentation with all ideas, and suggestionts... maybe you like it.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1B00ckObzVYjNziY-ij-zy4dF4s7O4huD...

Topic locked