You are here

New update 0.73

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

123 posts / 0 new
Last post
Master Shuriken's picture
Offline

Please, Geert...

 

Before u make these new updates consider what the differences between old and new are. You claim that this new update makes it faster. If it is then this is the only reason why:

1. We don't have to wait for players to press the ready button before launching game.

This speeds launching into the game by about 5 seconds which are wasted in the count down. The new problems that this system makes:

1. Players can now troll by being unready. They now have an additional 5 seconds in which to troll by leaving or being unready.

2. People who've joined and have gone away from the keyboard for a while can't do anything about being ready or unready, which means they're afk for the first few rounds.

It also doesn't solve the main problem in which I find in most rooms which is that hosts sometimes are afk which forces everyone to wait for 5 mins before the game begins.

 

A few improvements to this system I can suggest is:

1. There is now an unready button instead of a ready button. When you join a room, you are automatically ready. You can press the unready button if you have to leave for a few mins.

2. The host doesn't start the game. Like the rest of the players he/she has the ready/unready option as soon as they make the room. The game starts automatically if everyone is ready.

3. When a player cancels the launch for a game, then that player is unready, whilst everyone else is unaffected.

OMG!!! It's Over 9000!!! (ms lag)

Offline
Clan: LOVE

Nice idea, bad realization, here's how to solve it

I understand the reason for this, but as someone has already said this new start behavior just increase the time needed to start (trolls, accidental clicks, whatsover). Here's three simple solution

1- the players are all automatically ready once joined the room, but they can put themselves in UNREADY if they want (max 1 min, 1 min delay before they can UNREADY again)

2- same behavior as before (players need to become READY after joining the room), but once the player is READY he cannot go back to be UNREADY for 2 min

3- same beaviour as now, but the countdown can be stopped ONLY for the first 3 seconds. After that, the countdown will continue till the end, and it is just a way to let the players get ready even if unprepared for the start. Furthermore, the countdown can be stopped only ONCE per player (if you can stop the countdown, you are ready, so it should be an exceptional instance the stop)

 

EDIT: you've updated the behavior as I was writing, wonderful... Still, take into consideration the 3 seconds (or slightly more) window time - with 8 players the game could theoretically be stopped for a whole minute (and more) otherwise

Master Shuriken's picture
Offline

Nobsyde:

The 3rd suggestion seems pointless to me. Countdown stopped after 3 secs? Whats the point of the other 2/7 secs, then?

OMG!!! It's Over 9000!!! (ms lag)

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

we made it now so that you can only cancel the countdown once. I think an option for people who just want to observe is all that is missing right now. Over a week we will evaluate the situation.


 

Offline
Clan: LOVE

Master Shuriken wrote:

Nobsyde:

The 3rd suggestion seems pointless to me. Countdown stopped after 3 secs? Whats the point of the other 2/7 secs, then?

let's say I'm surfing the web in another tab, I hear the sound of the game starting, but I need to close some background application / put on the headphone / finish my coffee / reach my PC / whatever, I need some other seconds to just be ready to play (and avoid a first round with me as a leaver :) ).
 

If I'm REALLY not ready I leave the game (and I shouldn't have been in the room to start with)

EDIT: @Geert: Thank you very much!
Still, I would really appreciate the possibility to be UNREADY for 1 minute, let's say once per room or another relatively long cooldown. Maybe I'm playing with a team, I need to go to the bathroom, but I can't because the game could start without me...

Offline
Clan: GEIT

Geert wrote:

You can now cancel the countdown only once. Making it more difficult for trollers.

Good fix to the trolling problem that comes with the update, but that doesn't make the update good tbh.  I guess the update is supposed to make games start faster, which it probably does since ppl now can't troll anymore.  
The problem with the whole update though, is that when people are afk, they don't have a way to say they don't want to play, as mentioned above especially common with observers or people who have to go to the toilet.  Really just read Hurt's and Jason's post and everything is in there...

Good job in fixing the half screen bugs, gotta say something positive in this topic once in a while too.  Chatbugs occur when people switch accounts ingame btw, might have something to do with friends list changing.

Offline
Clan: GAIN

I actually like it. Sometimes you had to join 15 different games before being able to play. Maybe people will stop being afk and just go on the site to play. It's not that complicated to NOT CLICK ON THE JOIN BUTTON. Bad habit won't be missed.

padder's picture
Offline

Just let creators of room choose wich system they prefer, old or new;)

You Are What You Think You Are:)

Offline
Clan: ART

geert

just fck you man

this is shiit

i see no advantage at all

about rank reset discussion is totally open, people with different opinion..

but this?

this is just sh!t

 

but http://www.curveradio.com/ is good :)

 

but fak you man bring it back!!

Offline
Clan: ART

Master Shuriken wrote:

 

A few improvements to this system I can suggest is:

1. There is now an unready button instead of a ready button. When you join a room, you are automatically ready. You can press the unready button if you have to leave for a few mins.

2. The host doesn't start the game. Like the rest of the players he/she has the ready/unready option as soon as they make the room. The game starts automatically if everyone is ready.

3. When a player cancels the launch for a game, then that player is unready, whilst everyone else is unaffected.

 

GEERT LISTEN TO THIS SHIIT !!!

THIS IS REALLY GOOD IDEA I L.O.V.E THIS!!!!!!!

PLEASE APPLY

 

Offline
Clan: BOT

Geert wrote:

we made it now so that you can only cancel the countdown once. I think an option for people who just want to observe is all that is missing right now. Over a week we will evaluate the situation.

Can you explain me how this update of host being able to start right away makes it better? Please. Because I don't get it. I truly don't. If I join a room, I would have no time to see who I am playing with or against. I have no idea what items are on. I can cancel, then he starts again. Then what? I just leave? Then they won't let me play again if I come back or they just start again right away. You have no time to do your saying or check the game out. Hosts decide how long they wanna wait. That's why we have ready/unready. You can kick right away or wait a bit. You expect that everyone is from the second they join the room always ready? Does the host have to ask every player every time if they are ready, if they don't want to screw people? Ask if they are okay with the settings/teams? Normally people were unready if they weren't ready yet or had something to say. The host can chose to listen or kick, but at least the host knows that the player wasn't agreeing to sometihng. Plus 5 seconds was more than enough. Why 10? Why do you always focus on the unimportant things? Why do you wanna push your own idea's per se. We appreciate that you made the game and we would appreciate if you would make the things that the players want. What is in it for you to do this? You make the game worse and people hate you for it. You want to make money right? Listen to the players. The key to succes. Don't be so arrogant and think if you know best. You don't play very often yourself, so I think that people who play a lot know it a little better in this case. 

Offline
Clan: ART

Also I have another good argument:

When you are noob player, (below 1300), rooms are filled within 10 seconds. If you become a pro player (1800+), you often, especially in evenings CET, it's very standard to wait 15 minutes for players to come. YOU THINK THAT ALL THIS TIME I AM ZOMBY AND JUST STARE TO MY SCREEN ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Imagine you join team room ok? It says 1500+, you join, choose a team and you have to wait for lets say 4 more players.
You go on forum and decide to make some more posts like this or read someone else opinion or go on facebook or whatever!
Then, host changes settings:

  • he changes to items you don't like (for me would be for example special itemset or something stupid like only reverse and grandma turns)
  • he change 1500+ to +0 and let noobs in your team with rank of 500, 300, 800 ?

And at that time i am still on facebook, he start game, I have 10 seconds to finish the conversation with my facebook friend and check items, whether or not I am ok with my team ...

 

you think this idea is really, like really really good idea?

 

 

Just so you know, I am same player as JasonM7.
I love you too x3

Offline

I agree with blackarrow/jason and hurt, this new update sucks and we wont ask for it, I have a lot of coins too and I have nothing to spend them, Geert please we want new colours, new items and new icons, work on that please.

Regards

Cold as Ice.

TaNy's picture
Offline
ffa america nr. 15
1v1 america top 15%
team america nr. 7

Hello,

I don't like this update too. You can't know when people are ready or not. U have to ask them. And wait for answer, so it isn't that faster than before (one click is faster than typing an answer)

There are too much risks to start a game with some one afk. Imagine, u were observer, the host kick some people, then start. I was not going to play, just watching, and the game started.. Bad at all.

This is my opinion.

Cincerely,

Tany

Excistinces's picture
Offline
Clan: Sage

Ready Button was much better. I played with alot more afk ppl today. I played team today where somebody joined the game on my team. Then left their laptop or computer station. The host started the match not knowing that the afk player wasnt there which he would know because the ready button is disabled. I went through that whole match in a 3v4 where we ended up losing and losing 26 rank. Although he did lose 68 rank, we also lost rank unfairly.

All Excistince on earth will be crushed. By The Hands Of. Me

Offline
ffa america top 92%
Clan: TR

I cant call this an upgrade This is a downgrade

You waited so long with the upgrade and finally you came up with this?

5 sec countdown was ok, now its 10sec? wooooow what an update, the more seconds, the better ?

The half screen bug is fixed, nice.

There are so many suggestions from players. You dont listen to them, but you add something what nobody asked for

Listen to the client

CEM_Phycone's picture
Offline
Champion
Clan: HC

I like the new option, especially with the new feature that you can only stop the countdown once. Because i hate waiting all day for a game to start because noone readies up, this is annoying as fuck so i say: GJ Geert  its a sensefull new Option.

And people wtf is wrong with you????Its a facking game and you get crazy like retarded idiots because of one simple change?
And maybe you should realize that Geert is a human, who maybe likes to chillout with his friends or family and like watchin football games or etc.

Its his Hobby dont give him all your hate because you are frustrated of your own life!! 

Offline
Clan: GEIT

Geert wrote:

we made it now so that you can only cancel the countdown once. I think an option for people who just want to observe is all that is missing right now. Over a week we will evaluate the situation.

The option to stay an observer is basically a ready/unready button, but way better.  This would've fixed games not starting in the old system just by itself.  So I think that option is a great idea, doesn't matter if the rest of the update stays or goes, because this option should make the game better than it used to be :)

Some things I would like to see in that option, to prevent problems:
- Make sure people stay observer until they want to play (and not until a game ends)

- make some kind of "stay observer for next game" button
and/or
- Give people the possibility to join as observer

Why:
If people observe and later go afk, but the game doesn't remember they want to observe, they might still become an afk player.  I'm pretty sure you thought of this as well.  But there's more to it.

For example, someone joins a game while it is being played (so he's an observer) and goes afk near the end.  This person would need a way of saying he wants to stay observer without seeing the game lobby.

One minor problem is still left:
If I wanted to play, I joined, checked the items, checked the teams and then pushed ready.  Now the host launches and while 10 seconds should be enough, if I don't agree with items or teams or if i'm too slow to see everything, I'm gonna annoy people by aborting the launching sequence.  
If I want to observe, the host might launch as well before I've clicked the observer button.  Therefore I would like to be able to join as an observer.

Suggestions 2 and 3 might look like they do the same, but at least one exception here as well: I join a game because I would like to play in it, so I  join in a normal way (instead of using suggestion 3).  I then go afk and become an afk player in the next game, unless suggestion 2 is implemented in some way as well.

Please note that only suggestion 2 doesn't work either, because of the minor problem above, but I think it is much more important than option 3.

Also, suggestion 3 is only necessary in the new system, because the ready/unready button is gone, but I think overall the observer function wouldn't be used nearly as much in the old system because of the ready/unready button.  Together with the observer button the host launching the game makes the game better, but it's quite frustrating (just read this topic if you don't know what I mean :P) that these two updates got implemented in the wrong order.

 

This post  is just my two cents; there might be other problems I missed and there might be better solutions to the given problems, but those problems need to be fixed anyhow.

Keep up the work, Geert, the next update will be much more appreciated.

[Deleted by moderator: 7/09/2013]

benniegek's picture
Offline

WranDon wrote:

Geert wrote:

Dear players,

Today a small update with 3 changes:

  1. Host can immediately start countdown. Players can cancel the countdown if they don't agree
  2. Some icons were displayed incorrectly. We fixed that. Like the pizza icon
  3. We fixed the half screen bug (Thanks to Fire and Jezevec10 who were able to reproduce it)

I want to say a little bit more why we changed the ready mehanism. I understand that it must be annoying, when you are so used to one way of playing, and then all of a sudden it changes. I think most people should get aquainted with it. But when you do, you will notice that games will start way more quickly. It is more easier to start a game.

Best regards,

Geert

 

I doubt the games will start faster, nevertheless I'm really curious about your explanation why they should do.

Something different: Why don't you thank benniegek?

benniegek wrote:

I know when this bug appears.

It appears for me all the time when I click 'Observers' while being a observer. So when i'm observer, and I click the OBSERVERS button, I get the half screen bug. I hope Geert finds this post useful, because im quite sure this is the reason the half screen bug appears.

Ty Wrandon, I think you're the only one that reads my posts. :P

 

Saturday CurveFever!!!!   (saturday night fever)

 

Fire's picture
Offline
Champion
ffa america top 36%
1v1 america top 65%
team america top 25%
Clan: SW

But when we were trying to figure things out, clicking observers only didn't trigger it.


~.~

Offline
Clan: LORD

Dear Gert,

I do  not like this update one bit, due to the fact it has increased the amount of people afk once the game has started , but the one aspect which is truly bad is the autostart sometimes its only 5 seconds, i was hosting a game waiting for more players on another screen but whn i come bck it has started , because me and another playere werent ready it was 2v4 for 4 quick rounds. My premium account is over in 5 days, i was definatley going to renew because i love this game , however now im not until at least the autostart function has been removed.

Offline
Clan: BOT

@CEM: you rather play teams with maybe 1-3 people AFK in your team than waiting? You know what we do with people who don't ready up? You kick them. That's the reason we have that option.

WranDon's picture
Offline

Maybe you want to tell us, Geert, why you actually think that this new feature is so much better?

WranDon - the forum slut

WranDon's picture
Offline

benniegek wrote:

WranDon wrote:

Geert wrote:

Dear players,

Today a small update with 3 changes:
1.Host can immediately start countdown. Players can cancel the countdown if they don't agree
2.Some icons were displayed incorrectly. We fixed that. Like the pizza icon
3.We fixed the half screen bug (Thanks to Fire and Jezevec10 who were able to reproduce it)

I want to say a little bit more why we changed the ready mehanism. I understand that it must be annoying, when you are so used to one way of playing, and then all of a sudden it changes. I think most people should get aquainted with it. But when you do, you will notice that games will start way more quickly. It is more easier to start a game.

Best regards,

Geert

I doubt the games will start faster, nevertheless I'm really curious about your explanation why they should do.

Something different: Why don't you thank benniegek?

benniegek wrote:

I know when this bug appears.

It appears for me all the time when I click 'Observers' while being a observer. So when i'm observer, and I click the OBSERVERS button, I get the half screen bug. I hope Geert finds this post useful, because im quite sure this is the reason the half screen bug appears.

Ty Wrandon, I think you're the only one that reads my posts. :P

You're welcome! ;-)

Fire wrote:

But when we were trying to figure things out, clicking observers only didn't trigger it.

I don't know ... the bug occurs every single time I do what benniegek has described.

WranDon - the forum slut

Incred's picture
Offline
Champion
ffa america top 23%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 22%

Do you guys remember when the host would change the powerups and we would always have to re-ready? Or wait....do you remember when the host added a non-premium member(coin issue) so we would all have to RE-READY? And don't even get me started about the people who left the game in the middle of the countdown so we all had to ready for the 5th or 6th time.

This 10 second countdown is noisy. If you have your sound enabled your're going to hear it. I've played 20+- games with this new update and no AFK's. Maybe I'm just lucky not to see any... but that's what I see people arguing the most about.

If you were spectacting the game game before though... I think the game should pick up on that and say something like "You were observing last match. Are you sure you want to play this game? YES OR NO". You know... something like that.

The trolls could've been messing up the countdown whether it was before or after the update(leaving at 1 second,etc.)... so I don't see what the rage is about. Hey, I feel like I can play games way quicker now. And sooner or later it will be a curve fever behavior to be expected to play when in your in the lobby. If you're going afk just be an observer(geert will enable this option)

Jasonm7's picture
Offline
Clan: YES

[Deleted by moderator: 7/09/2013]

Incred's picture
Offline
Champion
ffa america top 23%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 22%

Yes. I only played ffa games with this new update.

Offline
Clan: Arch

that new upgrade with automaticlly rdy is shit plz fix it back

 

Offline
ffa america nr. 7
team america nr. 42

OMG i am host and the game starts but i dont click on start WTF ?

Jasonm7's picture
Offline
Clan: YES

[Deleted by moderator: 7/09/2013]

Update is actually ok. I hated it at the beginning, but it really is faster. Rarely seen afk player and less waiting.

Autostart option, i dont like.

Offline
Clan: LORD

DiracDeltaFunction wrote:

Update is actually ok. I hated it at the beginning, but it really is faster. Rarely seen afk player and less waiting.

Autostart option, i dont like.

 

AUTOSTART IS HORRENDOUS, remove it and i will renew my premium straight away

Offline
Clan: BOT

Incred wrote:

Do you guys remember when the host would change the powerups and we would always have to re-ready? Or wait....do you remember when the host added a non-premium member(coin issue) so we would all have to RE-READY? And don't even get me started about the people who left the game in the middle of the countdown so we all had to ready for the 5th or 6th time.

Geert should make it like this: if the power-up set-up is custom and someone joins with premium/bought power-ups, they shouldn't be added to the custom set-up. That way we don't have to re-ready. With this update you don't have to re-ready when someone accept a friend request, so he could've made that with the old system aswell. And you have more leavers now, because the host starts without everyone agreeing, since there is no ready buttom to press which shows you agree.

Sound isn't working for me, since I play without. I listen to music. And the reason you maybe had no AFKers yet, is because everyone is extremely careful, but you won't keep that up forever. I already paniced 5 times checking if I was in a game, because I forgot I was watching.

SuperGamer11's picture
Offline

Update: sh*t :( 

Offline

i got 150- i was observer, and go outside, when i came home i lost 150-200 points gg
sooo nice update cant belive it lol

WranDon's picture
Offline

Yes, in team games the autostart feature is really bad.

WranDon - the forum slut

Alodes's picture
Offline

I hate this new update too..

 

Alodes

Offline

Not the only problem, remove that update plz.

I just loose a teamgame cuz host lauch with an afk, we cant know if ppl are here or not, plz come back to ready/unready system !

WranDon's picture
Offline

Maybe only for team games? ;-)

WranDon - the forum slut

JackRaz's picture
Offline
Clan: SGC

WORST UPDATE EVER,THIS IS SHIT.

 

I WAS WATCHING A MATCH,SO I WENT AFK AND I CAME BACK AND I WAS PLAYING...I LOST A LOT OF POINTS,THIS IS SHIT.

Offline
Clan: BOT

Yep, -23 yesterday. I got lucky a friend told me when it was 7-6 and that we managed to win in the end. Else it would've been a lot more and my team would've lost because of me.

kontra's picture
Offline
Clan: GEJ

Hello Geert. I think I have an easy compromise, so we all can be happy. Let host can choose while creating room (not after it is created, that is important) if he wants to start game immediately (like it is now) or wait for all players to be ready (like it used to be).

Simple as hell. And it will work. Personally, I don't like new update. Now it takes much more time to start the game, and after it finally start, there are afk players much more often than it used to be. However, some people may like it - so you could satisfy both sides by adding host and players possibility to choose what kind of game their prefer.

Benz_Punanini's picture
Offline
Clan: NiP

agree with Hurt and jasonm7 pls take 2his backa nd bring the old start back thank you;)

Offline
Clan: zsm

this shit update makes me wanna quit this game, bring back ready button or i will never buy premium again

Offline

Only the host should be able to stop the countdown.

gandalfx's picture
Offline

I'll go ahead and say this: Very nice. I have played some games with the new system now and I really like it. Games start much quicker now, which I assume is the whole point.

Good one. Ignore the haters, they don't even care what changed as long as there is something to complain about.

WranDon's picture
Offline

In FFA games this is true, but I'm not sure about team games.

WranDon - the forum slut

-

Edited by: 
scherbatsky on 1 August, 2015 - 03:12
Vodan4's picture
Offline
Clan: 1uno

dear geert, its not the problem that you cant cancle but problem is that when you observering room and you went might take a pee and then u come back and you notice that you playing and afking for fucking sake! i lost -55 ffa rank bcos this.. this game would be nice again with ready/unready button

SLOVENIAAAA!

Pages