You are here

New update 0.73

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

123 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD
New update 0.73

Dear players,

Today a small update with 3 changes:

1. Host can immediately start countdown. Players can cancel the countdown if they don't agree
  2. Some icons were displayed incorrectly. We fixed that. Like the pizza icon
  3. We fixed the half screen bug (Thanks to Fire and Jezevec10 who were able to reproduce it)

I want to say a little bit more why we changed the ready mehanism. I understand that it must be annoying, when you are so used to one way of playing, and then all of a sudden it changes. I think most people should get aquainted with it. But when you do, you will notice that games will start way more quickly. It is more easier to start a game.

Best regards,

Geert

Vodan4's picture
Clan: 1uno

THIS UPDATE SUCK AS WELL, I WANT OLD  BACK, PLAYERS CANT BE UNREADY JUST READY AUTOMATICLY AND ITS SUX.. sry but it destroyed game:(

SLOVENIAAAA!

ffa america nr. 7
team america nr. 70

Very bad update geert 

host can immediately start countdown ? really ? remove it

only chaos in rooms now

Vodan4's picture

yes + ready-unready button .. -.-

SLOVENIAAAA!

DrizzyDrake's picture
Clan: oVo

I like it

DrizzyDrake's picture

Btw geert, it is funny for you to destroy the server always on Tournament days? WTF why u always update the new updates that days and not 1 week before or after the tournament? you are really crazy in your head!

Champion

I hate it

Champion

Glad to see updates are done, but this is a really bad function. Players just joke around with this and stop the countdown right before the game starts. I think the purpose of this was to reduce the waiting time, but really, it will just take longer now.

Also, imagine this scenario: A player watches a game. Then he goes afk for a while. The game ends while he still is afk. A player who played the game leaves, so there is a free spot in the game. The afk player gets in that spot. The host starts the game, the player is still afk. While in ffa this is just bad for the afk player, in team the whole team has a big disadvantage. You'd have to ask every player before you start the game to see if everybody is ready. The ready buttons were far better.

you could have it all

my empire of dirt

i will let you down 

i will make you hurt

DrizzyDrake's picture

Agreed hurt!

rizx's picture
Clan: Dzik

No offense Geert but this update just sucks ,and I hope you'll soon bring back the ready/unready buttons .

Siemaneczko sportowe świry

Clan: Sexy

WHY GEERT

Bitch Please

Vodan4's picture

ahahahahah krizz ahahahah

SLOVENIAAAA!

Clan: Web

Yes, that's very true Hurt!

ColorCurve's picture

Nice update. If you like trolls...

ColorCurve's profile on curvefever

i like it too, now please activate it when the room is full, inactive hosts are very annoying.

padder's picture

Bring back old way to start game or let choose moderators in room settings!

You Are What You Think You Are:)

The worst update so far . I don't understand how can you enjoy this new countdown system...

BTW why don't you take care of half screen bugs and air death bugs instead of doing useless updates?

Clan: PWN

Very bad update :(

Clan: left

FIX FAKING SCREEN BUGS.... what kind of improvement is this update....

podpli's picture

Hello Geert,

I apriciate things that you do for this game but with this update you really "hit into the wall". Players are joking around and you can't go on WC or for smth to drink...

You got full forum of suggestions => http://curvefever.com/forums/suggestions

Why did you choose to do that update? Can you explain?

Regards, Podpli

Searching for clan Smile

Pa si malo reko

Incred's picture
Champion
ffa america top 23%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 22%

:O

freakout †'s picture

doing this nice game worse and worse with every update...

gj geert omfg 

Jasonm7's picture
Clan: YES

[Deleted by moderator: 7/09/2013]

Incred's picture
Champion
ffa america top 23%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 22%

Well said Jason.

DrizzyDrake's picture

Jasonm7 best comment ever! LIKE U !!!

DrizzyDrake's picture

Velu_ will soon be 1200

Incred's picture
Champion
ffa america top 23%
1v1 america top 14%
team america top 22%

Hurt wrote:

Glad to see updates are done, but this is a really bad function. Players just joke around with this and stop the countdown right before the game starts. I think the purpose of this was to reduce the waiting time, but really, it will just take longer now.

Also, imagine this scenario: A player watches a game. Then he goes afk for a while. The game ends while he still is afk. A player who played the game leaves, so there is a free spot in the game. The afk player gets in that spot. The host starts the game, the player is still afk. While in ffa this is just bad for the afk player, in team the whole team has a big disadvantage. You'd have to ask every player before you start the game to see if everybody is ready. The ready buttons were far better.

Wow... I agree 100%

Clan: YOLO

This update suuuucks!!! WeWantOldAchtung!

Clan: zsm

worst update in this game ever

Clan: 069

this update fucks all up geert

DrizzyDrake's picture

Geert i just can tell u : Remove this update and show us ur skills and update a fuuckinng good update but rly we wait now maybe 6 months? and we got surprised with this shiit? is that really not a joke?

benniegek's picture

Calm down everyone, you just have to get used to it.

Saturday CurveFever!!!!   (saturday night fever)

Clan: YOLO

Now the game looks like this:

Countdown was stopped by XXX
Countdown was stopped by YYY
Countdown was stopped by AAA
Countdown was stopped by AAA
Countdown was stopped by BBB

benniegek's picture

Maybe there should be a maximum for stops. Like for example only 2 stops per game.

Saturday CurveFever!!!!   (saturday night fever)

Clan: eter

The new sart is very bad.

Clan: 63

It's ''were'' and not ''where''.

Says it all.

VioletEvil's picture

THIS UPDATE IS WORST UPDATE EVER, GEERT!!
PLZ CHANGE IT

WranDon's picture

I completely support Hurt's and Josonm7's opinion and I don't like the update, too. But I also have to defend Geert, at least a bit: As far as I know, he and Brouns are focusing on the samrtphone / tablet version, that's why they don't take much care of the original game at the moment. I've also heard that they do all this in their spare time (of course I'd also like to know what else they do). But I nevertheless think there is a lot of space for improvement. It seems to me, for example, like there are more than enough players experienced in programmeing who would like to help them if they could. I hope that Geert listens to the players at least once and takes back this "countdown stopping".

WranDon - the forum slut

Clan: 069

benniegek u wrote shit

Clan: Sexy

what vodan ? xDD

Bitch Please

Jasonm7's picture
Clan: YES

[Deleted by moderator: 7/09/2013]

Clan: Riot

Pay some money for a better server Geert please, those updates are so useless imo.

greets

-Jack-'s picture

Geert. I am appalled why you did not anticipate the consequences of this new way to start a game. Peope like Hurt or Jason already described them.

Please, instead of such ideas you should just work on new colours, icons or power ups for instance. And less laggs + bugs.

I don't have to request you to remove the new system to start a game, because i am sure it is natural after the first reaction of the community.

Have a nice day!

Wer zuletzt lacht, hat den höchsten Ping

WranDon's picture

Geert wrote:

Dear players,

Today a small update with 3 changes:

1. Host can immediately start countdown. Players can cancel the countdown if they don't agree
  2. Some icons were displayed incorrectly. We fixed that. Like the pizza icon
  3. We fixed the half screen bug (Thanks to Fire and Jezevec10 who were able to reproduce it)

I want to say a little bit more why we changed the ready mehanism. I understand that it must be annoying, when you are so used to one way of playing, and then all of a sudden it changes. I think most people should get aquainted with it. But when you do, you will notice that games will start way more quickly. It is more easier to start a game.

Best regards,

Geert

I doubt the games will start faster, nevertheless I'm really curious about your explanation why they should do.

Something different: Why don't you thank benniegek?

benniegek wrote:

I know when this bug appears.

It appears for me all the time when I click 'Observers' while being a observer. So when i'm observer, and I click the OBSERVERS button, I get the half screen bug. I hope Geert finds this post useful, because im quite sure this is the reason the half screen bug appears.

WranDon - the forum slut

SuperGamer11's picture

Not so good Update please more Icons  ! !! :) This is better.....

jason for new president of curve total rapist post ... i see how geert cry now cry a river !!!!!!!111

Suzie Cute's picture
Clan: Cute

Doing really bad Geert. There is so much stuff to improve in the gane and you made it possible to make it even more worse.

bad programmer??

this f****** tournament doesnt even have a system#

a team cheated against me and nothin happens

they wrote the results down b4 we even played :'(

NOOB GAME NOOB PRGRAMMER

If the countdown was only 5 or 3 seconds it would be perfect !

Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD

You can now cancel the countdown only once. Making it more difficult for trollers.

Pages