You are here

new update 0.66

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD
new update 0.66

Hey guys and girls,

Today again an update this time:

• Creating a premium room (or being host) costs 100 credits
  • Joining a premim room costs only 20 credits
  • Improved the general performance of the game
  • Fixed some bugs with achievements not gaining credits

Thus it should now be far easier to fill up the premium rooms, while there is also a bigger incentive to buy a premium account. I hope you all will like it!

If you find any bugs please post themin this topic: http://curvefever.com/content/066-bugs

As for other ways to earn credits see this topic: http://curvefever.com/content/other-ways-earning-credits

Best regards,

Geert

-Jack-'s picture

No, we all still do not like it.  here is my solution what i already wrote in "credits and premium accounts": 

compromise: Keep the credits system to buy icons and power ups and colours. But remove , that non prems cannot play premium rooms anymore. OK GEERT? pls answer, i think its a nice solution ( and maybe remove the different colours system in playing team games.. are  colours, hot are hot colours!) PS: old design was better

Wer zuletzt lacht, hat den höchsten Ping

-Jack-'s picture

cool are cool*

Wer zuletzt lacht, hat den höchsten Ping

KacperNFS's picture
Clan: PONY

It's good enough for now...

BUT

The game extremely lags for me when someone goes through borders. Do you know what could be the problem?

Clan: Hope

Good idea with decreasing amount of point needed to join a premium room, if only you implemented the old teams (colors) too... Would be amazing :D. Keep on the good work.

uhu

ColorCurve's picture

-Jack- wrote:

But remove , that non prems cannot play premium rooms anymore.

That would be pretty stupid. "Non prems" can play in premium rooms. Maybe you thought they could not, because of the people who wrote that, but I guess they just meant that it is too expensive for a longer time for the normal users to join premium games. - What was true.

But now, when it's finally lowered to an acceptable price, also we non-premium users can play premium games again.

Great update. :)

ColorCurve's profile on curvefever

Pandemic's picture

Well, we are going in the right direction now. :)

However, I already spend quite some credits on premium games for 100 credits each. Wouldn't it be possible to reset the credits or give 5-10 credits for every played game before the credit system game active, just to reward loyal players? I guess 95% of the people will love this update then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic

dinocrash's picture

20 credits is fair enough

Sounds a lot better.

But... since you've released the initial update, you've released 3 further updates in as many days. Just sayin'... Why don't you announce stuff like that in advance and then do it properly on the first attempt? Also I can't believe it's taken so long to tell, for example, how the amount of gained coins is calculated... do we really need to find those things out on our own?

Clan: 8HD

I think it's simply ridicolous.. I'm premium, but as free user i will never use 20 coins to join a room... All the things you can buy with them cost a lot and if we use them to PLAY, we will never be able to buy them. I can understand the coins to create a premium/team room (100 are too much but ok), but i can't understand why to spend coins to play.... Same argument of the friends limit...

This is your game, but in my opinion and also a lot of other users, you are choosing the wrong way to push to buy buy premium...

earning coins to create a team game as a non premium sounds interesting and might get some new premium accs. but paying just to play a round, nah thats bad. and hot and cool mixed, completly brainlagged system now. thought about buying a premium acc earlier, but as it looks now, no sorry. wont spend money for it. the team rooms are decreasing.

Fire's picture
Champion
ffa america top 37%
1v1 america top 66%
team america top 26%
Clan: SW

TheMistery wrote:

This is your game, but in my opinion and also a lot of other users, you are choosing the wrong way to push to buy buy premium...

You are not forced to buy premium and the stuff in the credits shop are not needed..

~.~

i was really on the tip of the cliff for buying premium, untill i saw this new shitty uppdate, now there is no way in hell ill buy premium....

I want to play now and I can't.

I loged in to game , I was in main window with all games , than I clicked one of games or created myself and this couldnt start!

Page is crashed! Cant clicked any games or sth...

I tried to opened new one and it looked like the same.

I am premium and I play frequently. Since the updates almost noone joins my server anymore while previously my server was full all the time. When someone joins, he begs to be friends with me. It's not fun to be premium anymore.

Clan: SSJ

joining to premium rooms cost 20 credits?! hahahahhah .... this game fell . OMG .... destroy this game to end  ... maybe you dont can see but there are fewer players much .
@Up .it's obvious ... For what users may joint to paid rooms . Great Job , Only so on ! 

Zli
Zli's picture

i hosted 2 games but got only coins after game?!?

Clan: BOT

Please bind the colors to the teams again. Then place white on cool and purple on hot. 

Please remove the star from the 5 premium power-ups and the coins from the buyable power-ups

Please make the 5 achievementpower-ups the same size as the other power-ups again

Please let the server lagg less. Still very laggy and not fun to play (lagg is maybe one of the most important things/points). Also, you made something new if someone laggs, but if someone is under the lagg button, he has a big disadvantage. 

Also, 20 is already better, but still. Most games give you around 12-13 credits. That means you can't even keep playing, not to even think about buying items. Why not only credits for the 2 colors, the 2 items, the icons and HOSTING a game, not joining.

kristianboy's picture
Clan: NUM1

This game is totaly destroit is my opinion. Geert, fire, sali, you want to make more profit??????? So bad idea, the prices are still to high. 20 coins for joining a premium room? Thats ridicioules. That is only make more profit. Because if u always join a premium room, you lost coins and you had to play then in a non premium room, or buying premium for yours profit! I stop with playing this game, this is so unfair to everybody. 5000 coins for 5 euro? This shitty update is only good for the developers, SO MAKE PROFIT AND I AM AWAY.
GREETINGS KRISTIAN, I SEE YOU THE NEXT GOOD UPDATE, OTHERWISE THIS GAME IS DESTROYD AND NO ONE PLAY THIS GAME EVER, EVER, EVER
SEE YOU ALL NEXT GOOD UPDATE.

Clan: abcd

The 20 coins price is a bad idea.

All of you who were satisfied with this change (which is indeed much better than the ridiculous 100 coins price, but yet...), think about it again:
It doesn't let you play in prem rooms constantly for a long time as a non-prem user. Each game we gain something like 11 to 13 coins. That means that for each 3 rounds in a prem room, we need to play 2 more games in a non-prem room in order to get back the used coins. And that's not fun.

I'm not even talking about using the coins for other purposes, which is impossible if you want to play in prem rooms.

In addition, because people are much more pucky about joining prem rooms, right now it takes ever for the prem rooms to get full.

The solution is easy: JOINING rooms SHOULD NOT cost coins.
And... change back the colors of the teams :-)
I think that this small change can make most of the users happy with the new update.

In any case, In the last few days there were a lot of negative comments, and maybe some of the users forgot that you owe them nothings. So I want to say -  thank you for this wonderful game! I hope you could take our comments as constructive criticism.

benniegek's picture

YEAH

Saturday CurveFever!!!!   (saturday night fever)

Clan: Fire

I have bought with a premium account with a friend. I see that the rooms aren't full anymore because of this update.

benniegek's picture

?

My curve looks like this :

http://prntscr.com/vgzgf

The page is crashed and the game didn't want to start!

I clicked "Create Game" then I couldnt do nothing(I could only refresh page and the history was the same)

I can only log in and that's all , Can't join to games and Can't create game.

Can someone help me?

Fire's picture
Champion
ffa america top 37%
1v1 america top 66%
team america top 26%

Vulcano, please name your OS and flash version and attempt to update this flash player.

~.~

Clan: DTL

It smells of capitalism : D

There is going to be more and more guests ...

Clan: 8HD

As you can see, i'm not the only one who think what i said in the previous post... Sure, i'm not forced to buy premium, but this isn't an extra famous game with 45486421 players online, now to fill a room it takes so so so long time....

Put non-invasive advertisements, do offers, organize events but don't abuse coins to block free users from playing...

Clan: BOT

SQUARE HEADS?!

One week later, i came back to see for a update but unfortunately this is still the truth:

"It doesn't let you play in prem rooms constantly for a long time as a non-prem user. Each game we gain something like 11 to 13 coins. That means that for each 3 rounds in a prem room, we need to play 2 more games in a non-prem room in order to get back the used coins. And that's not fun."

As long as this not change, you will lose users inclusive me.

benniegek's picture

;) Everyone comes back to curve. I've seen more people say they were about to leave, 2 weeks later they came back. Believe me.

Fire's picture
Champion
ffa america top 37%
1v1 america top 66%
team america top 26%

We're going to discuss in the weekend about some new idea I gave to Geert :P

~.~

PwnYeAll's picture
Clan: ADK

-Jack- wrote:

No, we all still do not like it.  here is my solution what i already wrote in "credits and premium accounts": 

compromise: Keep the credits system to buy icons and power ups and colours. But remove , that non prems cannot play premium rooms anymore. OK GEERT? pls answer, i think its a nice solution ( and maybe remove the different colours system in playing team games.. are  colours, hot are hot colours!) PS: old design was better

I don't believe you are in the position to demand a compromise and why would that be a solution, since there's no problem?

Your other questions will be fixed in a few days/weeks when you are getting used to it.

Zli
Zli's picture

we r w8ng for 15mins now to fill the room -.-

Yay! You guys followed up my advice (: What this means is that the non-premium: premium ratio is at least 1:2. Unless of course you have a premium friend who you can join and play with everyday/alot. But people can adhere to their addiction to teamgames, due to the credits they earn during games with their friend, and play when their friend goes off, due to all the credits they earned and the credits they earn by playing those premium games. Because it actually costs about 7 creds per game (depending on how much you earn during that game). Great stuff ^^

This however is not the case for those of us who are 1600+. Hopefully someone of us, or you, can come up with a better anti-cheating mechanism, rather than making premiumgames less available for those with 1600+ ranks than for those with 1600- ranks. 

By the way, those who say you should remove the costs on playing premium games, but leave the shops open are crazy. Who would ever buy premium if all they get is an unlimited friendlist and the ability to host premiumgames for free? And how would Geert get the money to maintain this game properly? If this were to ever be considered an option, the shop should be made premium at least for a big part and refund the items non-premiums can't buy.

KacperNFS's picture
Clan: PONY

Next time you could publish some beta version for players just to see their opinions before you release update.

Clan: FLES

Totally worthless.

- Lags more then ever!

- Pay coins to play in premium, OK, but you should be able to get back more.

- Remove stupid star in the powerups

- Host should be able to change the team colors

- Players in the team should have the same color

I understand why more people will stop playing, because updates changes to much. This game isnt the same anymore.

Proost aan alle nederlanders :)

Bierfles

Fire's picture
Champion
ffa america top 37%
1v1 america top 66%
team america top 26%

KacperNFS wrote:

Next time you could publish some beta version for players just to see their opinions before you release update.

This game is in open beta.

~.~

gandalfx's picture

KacperNFS wrote:

that made my day xD

Clan: STFU

Geert to much lagg in games,when i  resetted my stats i lost all my achievements and that new thing to find players is not even helping

Excistinces's picture
Clan: Sage

Okay. I cannot argue. I can tell you guys dont care half of a sh*t about what we want. Then at least do every one a favor and fix the bug. That when you play a regular non prem game, that it shows you the retrivieng results and give us the points. it doesnt give points or show the points. What i mean by points is the rank score going up by a certain number

All Excistince on earth will be crushed. By The Hands Of. Me

FuckSchool's picture
ffa america nr. 5
1v1 america top 60%
team america top 11%
Clan: tHC

Wait,wait. Same colours in team- blue,blue,blue,blue? Nonono , no way!

\_|_/ The Great Champion FuckSchooL has written something on forum!

FuckSchool's picture
ffa america nr. 5
1v1 america top 60%
team america top 11%

???

FuckSchool's picture
ffa america nr. 5
1v1 america top 60%
team america top 11%

We hope it will be better for all.! ;)

DominixPL's picture
Clan: KKK

We still don't like this update!!!
This uypdate is creating by idiots!!

Ted, my best friend...

Clan: FLES

@ FuckSchool,

No I mean; cyan, green, dark green, blue

vs red, pink, orange, yellow

NOT: cyan, orange, yellow, blue vs pink, red, green and dark green. Thats confusing 

Proost/ Cheers

this not good update

Clan: abcd

Capt Zork wrote:

By the way, those who say you should remove the costs on playing premium games, but leave the shops open are crazy. Who would ever buy premium if all they get is an unlimited friendlist and the ability to host premiumgames for free? And how would Geert get the money to maintain this game properly? If this were to ever be considered an option, the shop should be made premium at least for a big part and refund the items non-premiums can't buy.

Maybe you've already forgotten that, but this is roughly what premium meant just a week ago...

Fire's picture
Champion
ffa america top 37%
1v1 america top 66%
team america top 26%

Capt Zork wrote:

Exactly what I told Geert :)

Shop must be premium only.

~.~

Clan: GirL

what should be changed:
- colour system: team hot = hot colours, team cool = cool colours .. not this mixed shit ..
and new colours can be hot or cool, it's ok to remember those then
- the bugs during the WALL item
- the lags in general .. i never lagged and now i always have "slow connection" blabla input ..
- remove the squares in front of the opponents .. circles were better.. squares = mind f*ck
- when a player  joins a game, all sitting players change their seats .. kind of annoying .. but ok

but most import -> fix the laaaags

anyway the credit system is much better now  :)

Champion

Anna. wrote:

- remove the squares in front of the opponents .. circles were better.. squares = mind f*ck

Do u mean that u think that they have the square powerup?

Pages