You are here

New update 0.63

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

115 posts / 0 new
Last post
PwnYeAll's picture
Clan: ADK
New update 0.63

Curve Fever 0.63 (beta) 

What's new?

• An East Asian server
  • The game room and lobby are redesigned
  • Colours are no longer bound to the teams
  • You can now put a clan tag in front of your name containing a maximum of 4 letters. (the tag can't contain any characters)
  • A new easy-to-use menu
  • A variation of 4 songs ingame
  • The automatic room name changed from "Unavailable Name" to "[player]'s game" (when leaving the room name blank)
  • A credit system, making it more fair to everyone.
  • Achievements will reward you credits when unlocked and the description is updated in a more clear way
  • You are now able to reset your stats! (Resets your rank, plays and win%)
  • The "Find player" option is back in the lobby
  • For new player, it is far more easier to join a right game, or to know who they are
  • A credit shop with the following items:

- 2 new powerups

No Draw Powerup Create an area where nobody can paint

Darkness Powerup Bind everybody into darkness

- 2 new colours to play with

- A lot of icons to choose from which will be put in front of your name.

Premium players get yellow icons.

Credits are obtained by playing games or by getting 2.000, 5.000 or 15.000 credits in the ingame shop. (credits are only gained if you finish the game)

Non-premium players don't gain credits in a premium room.

There are some measures against cheating credits, so don't be surprised when you get 0 credits after a round.

As what to do with credits look at this topic

Regards,

Mod&Dev Team

Clan: WLK

Terrible, it looks so strange and too much options... Let us simply play, please..........

PwnYeAll's picture
Clan: ADK

qbajax wrote:

Terrible, it looks so strange and too much options... Let us simply play, please..........

It's just a matter of getting used to it, give it a chance.

Pandemic's picture

Does the 'GlobeTrotter' achievement work now?

Btw, how much does it cost to play a 'Premium game'? I guess you guys just took the fun out of playing premium games, since only premium members will play it now...

-Edit: as I understand it now, creating/playing a premium game costs 100 credits plus 100 for team game, plus, if I want premium powerups while creating the game another 100 credits and if i want 8 players in the room another 100, plus 100 for setting it to ranked plus 100 for minimum rank plus 100 for maximum rank, so 700 in total? But if I win my own 'premium' game, I don't receive any credits for it?-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic

Zulu's picture
ffa america top 34%

But one BUG you didnt fix it... when u're in room and u press leave, it shows friend menu.

No, I want a normal game, not with coins etcetera, bleh.

Are you f*****g kidding me? 

"Premium games cost 100 credits to join/create for non-premiums."

Since today playing this game makes no sense for non-premiums. Congratulations ADK, you ruined a wonderful game just for getting more profit.

Clan: BOT

Lol another game people love for its simplicity destroyed. I just wish there was one game these days that wasn't all about the money. Like really. I've played almost 2k games and I've got 2.15k credits. That means that if I want the 2 new power-ups, which make no sence, and the new colors, I have to play another 6k games. Cya in a few months. Probably even more, since I probably got most of them with my achievements.

Mixing colors in teams? Really, why? It's only confusing that you don't know right away who is in your team, and for what? If people want another color, they have to go to the other team. Don't really know why we need the two new colors. It doesn't matter that much.

100 coins for a premium game? The only ones who play unranked, are the people who play 5 games and leave. Everyone who cares a bit about this game and his rank, only plays ranked. Nobody cares if they loose 1-3 points. Means nobody will play serious anymore or will be able to change his rank. Not even to speak about the fact that it will be nearly impossible to create ranked games (with your friends).

The looks are kinda ridiculous. Like a bad 3d try. It was perfect as simple as it was.

Also, the menu was easy to use. The only problem was that it didn't work, not the way it looked. 

Also, funny how all this gets updated, but you forget to ban rank #1 (the cheater), where you didn't even respond to. Good that you make sure they won't get credits, but of course it is allowed for them to be rank 1!

The stuff for clans and resetting stats seems alright. Saves people making more than 1 account.

Some wise words ''don't fix it if it ain't broken''. Good job on probably loosing most of your members and players, who appreciate and enjoy(ed) this game.

Mallard wrote:

Are you f*****g kidding me? 

"Premium games cost 100 credits to join/create for non-premiums."

Since today playing this game makes no sense for non-premiums. Congratulations ADK, you ruined a wonderful game just for getting more profit.

Exactly. PLEASE remove this, at least don't remove coins for joining...

Robotrobbie wrote:

Lol another game people love for its simplicity destroyed. I just wish there was one game these days that wasn't all about the money. Like really. I've played almost 2k games and I've got 2.15k credits. That means that if I want the 2 new power-ups, which make no sence, and the new colors, I have to play another 6k games. Cya in a few months. Probably even more, since I probably got most of them with my achievements.

Mixing colors in teams? Really, why? It's only confusing that you don't know right away who is in your team, and for what? If people want another color, they have to go to the other team. Don't really know why we need the two new colors. It doesn't matter that much.

100 coins for a premium game? The only ones who play unranked, are the people who play 5 games and leave. Everyone who cares a bit about this game and his rank, only plays ranked. Nobody cares if they loose 1-3 points. Means nobody will play serious anymore or will be able to change his rank. Not even to speak about the fact that it will be nearly impossible to create ranked games (with your friends).

The looks are kinda ridiculous. Like a bad 3d try. It was perfect as simple as it was.

Also, the menu was easy to use. The only problem was that it didn't work, not the way it looked. 

Also, funny how all this gets updated, but you forget to ban rank #1 (the cheater), where you didn't even respond to. Good that you make sure they won't get credits, but of course it is allowed for them to be rank 1!

The stuff for clans and resetting stats seems alright. Saves people making more than 1 account.

Some wise words ''don't fix it if it ain't broken''. Good job on probably loosing most of your members and players, who appreciate and enjoy(ed) this game.

100% agree.

Gunslinger's picture
Clan: sove

bullshit

my pyramids

Auf Wiedersehen. ;)

All about the money, fail.

Dear developers, you killed this game... Too much options and paid play and you will lost the most of loyal players (like me).

Earning on ads is not enough?
More players on website => bigger income from ads
less players on website => lower income from ads

Since today this game starts to go in wrong direction...

Edit: I play in teams, we lost 7-10, and everybody earned a lot of points... Our lost team earned +56, they won and ther earned +24... Aprox. rank in team was 1400. How it is possible? Bug? http://www.curvefever.com/achtung/match/4642243

Clan: BOT

Robotrobbie wrote:

Totally agreed, all you did with this update, is make alot of people quit playing the game.

Clan: HC

Wow.

...not good at all...

mat1984 wrote:

Dear developers, you killed this game... Too much options and paid play and you will lost the most of loyal players (like me).

Earning on ads is not enough?
More players on website => bigger income from ads
less players on website => lower income from ads

Since today this game starts to go in wrong direction...

to pay credits for playing f ucks me up. he is totally right!!!

Apokalipsa's picture

All that changed was a disaster. The game has been destroyed, that is my opinion.

*bad* ►Hammer◄ *bad*  is a stupid kid, who don't know game and bans users without giving any reason, because most often there is not any...

Pandemic's picture

haha frollo nice :p easy points like that!

Clan: left
Pandemic's picture

http://curvefever.com/achtung/match/4642288
one guy get +215 points haha!

Is there a chance, to turn this update back?

Zulu's picture
ffa america top 34%

Yeah i hate somethings on this update... but somethings its cool (NOT EVERYTHING).

But the worse is that free members are nothing. You can't do almost all only if u have premium its cool.

That is just a game for fun its do unfair for free play.

Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD

I think the game is ALOT of fun to play for free. And to be honest. If you are a new payer (and not top ranked) you can easily play a premium game now. Or play it easily with your friends. We made it such that playing with friends does not cost you credits, and I think that that is in the spirit of the game. People who want to play it for free, still have a great time.

Geert wrote:

I think the game is ALOT of fun to play for free. And to be honest. If you are a new payer (and not top ranked) you can easily play a premium game now. Or play it easily with your friends. We made it such that playing with friends does not cost you credits, and I think that that is in the spirit of the game. People who want to play it for free, still have a great time.

It's still fun, because it's the same principle. You just removed the competitiveness which means most regular players that don't have premium will be gone in a few days. And I guess the regular, non-premium players make up pretty much the biggest bulk of players. Not really smart if you ask me...

Geert wrote:

Sorry Geert but in this case what you think doesn't matter as long as it's not what the majority of players thinks. What made this game fun to play and what made this game attractive was that you could achieve a high rank even without paying for premium.

Buying a premium account had its advantages, everything was okay as it was. Now as a non-premium, you are 1) dependent on friends with premium or 2) only able to play non-ranked matches which makes playing senseless because you can't earn many rankpoints in a quite fast time.

What this update does is to make non-premiums stop playing. And you should know as well as I do that most players are non-premiums. And when they're gone, who will keep this game alive?

Champion
Clan: sC

ranking system facked up. this game is turning to a shit game because of those updates

<p>The RoadRunner has spoken.</p>

The problem are the ranks. I had 1830 today...and now, after 4 or 5 games i have 2040. A bit strange...

As you can see, it's a terrible update, no one (except the premiums of course) likes it. GO BACK TO THE OLD, PLEASE! Or I & many others go away.

Geert wrote:

Kom op zeg Geert, wees een vent en erken dat het niet in de smaak valt. Waarom niet een optie voor het wel of niet willen van de update? Ranking-systeem is raar geworden, je moet 100 coins betalen om een premiumgame te kunnen spelen... Waar gaat het heen?!

Geert's picture
Developer

Ranking system is bugged, I agree

Apokalipsa's picture

Now what? Cancel all team matches after the update? Now that's unfair ...

*bad* ►Hammer◄ *bad*  is a stupid kid, who don't know game and bans users without giving any reason, because most often there is not any...

not sure about this new update. . . .  some things r ok, but mostly they suck, sorry.

that´s what I had to say.

Dont start like Facebook and other Social Networks with buying coins for new powerups or something like that. Ok I see that new colours are very nice and new items too, but why to pay for it? I dont think that players, who are playing adk for a long time, are going to pay for coins. 

As I said, you cant look now who is good or not because of the ranks. +70, +50, and other like that, there is no fun. If you lose, you get +50 too. 

"Colour are not bouned longer to the teams". Why? Now all the people are more irritated. 

CEM_Phycone's picture
Champion
Clan: HC

This update is a total fail! And im one of the players who played this game for a long time.

The way you force the players to buy either PREMIUM or CREDITS is pathetic...especially higher ranked players (1600+ ) will stop playing this game.  the rank system is the main point that makes this game being fun and now you make that costing money.

Another point is that you cancelled the good idea of seperating the teams with hot colours and cold colours....WHAT BRAIN VIRUS made you think that changing this would be better!?!?!?!this is just stupid.

this clantag is a joke i hope that there is more coming with clan leagues or else.

If that is all you did the last 6 month without informing the players about the status of the update, then this is a certificate of your incompetence.

your CEM_Phycone

PS: like i know you, you will ignore all the negative posts and continue with you making money shiit....good job  

Zulu's picture
ffa america top 34%

geert can u tell me how can free player  join for free in friend's room?

kontra's picture
Clan: GEJ

I wanna tell you something guys. Something, that I consider pretty important.

I am a premium user, i like to play everyday with my friends. Some of them are also premium, but some not. And here is my question - now, when non-premium users have to pay 100 coins (what is pretty big amount), what is my profit from being premium? I won't play premium games, because my friends have no coins (well, they have about 1000, but it will by gone after only ten games). If I wanna play with them, it have to be in standard room. So if I would like to use some premium features, i'll have to stop playing with my friends, and play with random rich od premium players, what TOTALLY misses whole idea of game.
So now I am a premium user, but it makes no sense to use premium features. I have to play standard games, even if I'm host. So, premium account is pretty much useless. And don't tell me about choosing colours or yellow mark beside my nick - that is nice, but makes absolutely  no diferrence for gameplay.

I know, I TOTALLY understand that you want to earn money on your game. It's ok! You made great game, many people enjoy it, but now you made some shitty changes (sorry, but that's true), and you tell people to pay for that. People won't pay for shitty changes. Sorry.
New design? Who the fuck cares about design?!
Remove bugs. Add scrollbar in lobby. Add feature to switch between player/observer. Remove bug that make rooms not appear in lobby. Remove server lags (what is strange, today after update game slightly lag for all the players, all "dots" are shaking a little and it's hard to maneuvre in tight, narrow areas). There is long list of important stuff to do, and sadly, in todays update none of that was done. Instead of game important fixes you put coins and made premium accounts useless. People won't pay for premium accounts, when it's pretty much useless.

Is that your marketing strategy? Trying to earn money by make changes, that made payable features useless? Well, i have to admit, it's pretty strange strategy. I'll repeat, people won't pay for useless stuff.

And no, this isn't only what I think. Today I played two games, and i heard from nearly all players: "I won't ever, EVER pay for that", "Lol i wanted to buy premium soon, but there's no point of buying that", "Shit Ill never pay them".
True story guys, I didn't made it up. Wrong way.

Robotrobbie wrote:

he is absolutely rigth, i agree with him.. and cos of those new uptades this game will lose too many players.. cos many people dont like it as i see in the room conversations.

For a player like me who wasn't premium but cared about the ranking the fun is gone. Before I realised those coin games cost you 100 coins to join(?!!), I was out of coins. Then I played and won 3 games in the non-coin-games and only got about  30 coins and 10 points.. 

The game will now be played only by hardcore premiums and nooby guests. Fun bigtime

Geert's picture
Developer

If a non premium friend (from your friendslist) joins a room, where you are in, he shouldn;t see the yellow pay button (but normal purple one) and he won't pay 100 credits to play with you. We don't want people to not play with their friends! If that is the case right now, we will fix it as soon as possible. As for the team ranking bug. Clearly that isnot right too. we will fix that as soon as possible too. In the mean time, right this topic about credits: http://curvefever.com/content/credits-and-premium-accounts

KacperNFS's picture
Clan: PONY

The game room and lobby are redesigned - No one cares, it was good, ugh.

Colours are no longer bound to the teams - Worst thing added in this update. I accidentaly killed my team friend because i thought he is playing in other team.

You can now put a clan tag in front of your name containing a maximum of 4 letters. (the tag can't contain any characters) - I don't care, but i have a SWAG tag now.

A new easy-to-use menu - I would not say.

A variation of 4 songs ingame - While i have my songs, I don't care.

The automatic room name changed from "Unavailable Name" to "[player]'s game" (when leaving the room name blank) - I don't care.

A credit system, making it more fair to everyone. - Yeah, like taking 100 coins for joining PREMIUM GAME. How is this fair.

Achievements will reward you credits when unlocked and the description is updated in a more clear way - I'm still using Achievements FAQ, so I don't care.

You are now able to reset your stats! (Resets your rank, plays and win% ) - Meh.

The "Find player" option is back in the lobby - Meh.

For new player, it is far more easier to join a right game, or to know who they are - Meh.

Non-premium players don't gain credits in a premium room. - So what's the point of paying 100 credits for joining it? Dafuq?

My comments in bold.

KacperNFS wrote:

A credit system, making it more fair to everyone. - Yeah, like taking 100 coins for joining PREMIUM GAME. How is this fair.

Non-premium players don't gain credits in a premium room. - So what's the point of paying 100 credits for joining it? Dafuq?

Haha, I didn't think about it this way yet. You are completely right, just nonsense and ridiculous.

ColorCurve's picture

Game's ruined and unfair for all non-premiums. I always thought this game would get better and better, but now I don't know if I still want to play.

At first the update looked pretty good with the new stuff, but there is almost no possible way to earn credits if you don't buy it with money.

Why do you give non-premium users 1,000 starting credits anyway? To troll them, that they have to buy premium?

As you can see, almost everyone thinks this is not fair. Please remove it or change it or you will probably lose the majority of players on this site.

ColorCurve's profile on curvefever

Clan: Sexy

Geert, thank you for ruin game ;/

Bitch Please

Hello to all curvefever crew,

I'm pretty sad, that you have absolutely ruined this game by adding this stupid update. You had so many supporters, who were glad, that there is so simply game with so nice gameplay. But this was the WORST MOVE YOU COULD DO. I still can't believe, that this is true. I loved this game for its simplicity, but now it's SCREWED UP. I was about buying premium, but now I'm about leaving this game and never comeback (untill it comes back to the original version).

Non-premium players can't earn coins. - Stupid

Non-premium players can't play in premium games if they exhaust their coins - Stupid

Teams arent divided in hot colours and cold colours. - I don't understand this step, but it's was like "how to screw this game more up? make it CONFUSED!

Game lags more than anytime before.

Non-premium players won't stay anymore, if they won't be able to play team games or normal games with normal players.

Premiums will leave, because there won't be people to play with them, because just one or 2 games from 100 are full of premiums, and people who exhaust their coins, wont stay anymore, because playing with non-premium games is boring and not interesting.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

You finished your work, you screwed up this game.

I asked many people, and no-one said - It's cool, I like it!.

I'm closing curvefever and I hope it will return back to past!

freedy

Champion
Clan: big

Lol, in this new update i have to try to lose instead of winning :o

further i have just enough Coins to play 13 more premium games. They told me i could get new points by playing some boring unranked non premium games i just got 12 Coins for it. That means i have to play 8 boring games for 1 fun game :(

i think when this wont change the game Will lose About 80% of the players, as some other people said in this way the game Will lose Much money from advertisement...

KacperNFS's picture

Funniest thing is that they worked 4 months on this update.

KacperNFS's picture

Mallard wrote:

KacperNFS wrote:

Haha, I didn't think about it this way yet. You are completely right, just nonsense and ridiculous.

Actually i got 100 coins back when i won premium team game so it may be fixed.

Pages