You are here

New Update 0.54

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD
New Update 0.54

Dear players,

We have released a big update with a o lot of new features and a few new concerns.

New features:

- Friends! Chat with friends or join their rooms
 - Sounds in stereo
 - Cleaner design of the game

Some concerns:

- Huge performance issues (it has got our attention)

Jimjam (not verified)

I can't join any games, when I click absolutely nothing happens. I've tried to launch the game on different browsers and the same problem occurs.

Kurwin's picture

http://achtungdiekurve.net/content/new-update-03062012 ourr posts

and after 8/8 games when we finish, next games is 7/8 and no one can join... we need to create new room or play with 7 people

MINI R56's picture

Wooooooow... my game is completly laggy now, performance-wise... my pc is quite low-end (DualCore Intel Pentium E5200).. on high it's dropping to 5 fps.. well I can barely play on low.. :/

Hope you can optimize the game somehow.. I won't be playing like this any time soon...

mTes wrote:

Wooooooow... my game is completly laggy now, performance-wise... my pc is quite low-end (DualCore Intel Pentium E5200).. on high it's dropping to 5 fps.. well I can barely play on low.. :/

Hope you can optimize the game somehow.. I won't be playing like this any time soon...

Same problem here. It's laggy, most of the time when a lot of powerups spawn. I've tried to play on low quality and it helps! (Rightmouse-click on screen)

gandalfx's picture

'Huge performance issues' is a friendly way to put it. This should be dealt with asap and with top priority. A 'simple' game like this shouldn't make a dual core go nuts.

Also a bug occured: I joined a game but only saw an empty playing field. It was the same for other players, so I assume the snakes just drove strait into the walls without being seen.  Charmingly the game does not show up in my profile.
Here's a screenshot: http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2910/8z48uksz_png.htm
The unfocus warning only appeared because of the screenshot program. However thanks for adding that warning, it has already saved me on another occasion.

About design: Some things are better, some are worse. The background of the game field was way co0ler before. The new back-background for scaling fields is a nice idea but the stripes and thick border are a little heavy for the otherwise clean look.
Spectators and other buttons are nice but they shouldn't obscure the stats.
In team games the players list reaches into the chat: http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2910/blk6pkp4_png.htm

About friends: Finally! I still need to test this feature some more but I'm really glad about it. Good work!
I'd like to mention though, that the blue bar really doesn't fit with the design at all and actually causes some glitches (overlays the 'add player' field and has an ugly shadow). I assume, that this is provisional.

About sounds: Also very nice new feature. It actually helps during gameplay at times. However I think that there are too many sounds so you can't really concentrate and rely on them.
I suggest removing the sound of new power ups popping up, because it's really not such an important 'event' and it happens a lot.
It's good that there is a count down beeper for a new round, however the sound might be a little friendlier.
Also the sounds have some delay. They are always about half a second late which also makes them unrelyable.

And thanks for fixing the messages for entering and leaving people in the chat. It always bugged me when they didn't really make sense… :D
Maybe you could make the messages for leaving players (not watchers) in red or the player's color for more emphasis.

cheers

gandalfx's picture

edit : and here's a bug for the forum: if you accidently hit the 'save' button twice, the post gets postet twice. And I can not delete it. Please do. ;D

There exist a lot of bugs at moment, we cannot play second game after the first one have complated. Also, Game more laggy then before new update. Friend chat does not work.

Champion

You cant see much points you got each round ( +1 +3 )

and its laggggy!

Zupactis's picture

you can't chat with friends

Zli
Zli's picture

get us back 'points in the round'. cuz this is confusing a little bit. dont like changes :\

Jonke's picture

I like the observers thing! :)

And the friendlist.

But it will be better if the colors in the list while playing is bigger.(backround color behind your name instead of a small thing in front.)

Miip's picture

The sound makes me crazy... xD

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.... !!

Please go back to the old Achtung die Kurve. Don't destroy a simple game with this things. Noone likes it and you will soon lose a lot of players.

Anonymous (not verified)

bad update so far.
in team game you cant read names of players cuz the chat is to big.
and the sounds make me crazy, and how can you add friends?
bad update so far. just keep it simple and its nice!!

robinisslim (not verified)

Incredibly bad update.

After playing one round, my pc crashes and doesn't react, until I close my browser.
Tried it again on low settings, and the same thing happened.

Please, put back the old version or fix the performance issues FAST!

businessman's picture
Champion

Old design was way more professional and looked quite better than now. Especially the "point-bar" and player charts ingame. Sounds are disgusting in my line and absolutely useless. 

I'm excited about the buddylist and really appreciate it. 

I dont know if the developers care about my opinion but I hope they'll realize that the clean design in 0.53 was amazing and fitted perfect to the game. Noone needs new experimental designs which brings many bugs with it and its even more dissapointing if you don't feel comfortable with new fonts and colors.

Don't see it as an attack against changes in the game - these are just my thoughts

userious?

Clan: Baws

I hate this update.

I liked the lay-out of 0.53 much more, and my pc lags very much when I try to play a game, even on low resolution.

The sound effects are also a bad addition, they aren't important at all.

The only thing I like is the friend list, that is a nice addition.

I hope the developer will put version 0.53 back, or at least the lay-out.

Fire's picture
Champion
ffa america top 37%
1v1 america top 65%
team america top 25%
Clan: SW

I'm sure they won't put 0.53 back, instead they will fix the bugs (which I hope will be as soon as possible)

~.~

I also don't think thet will, but I liked the lay-out of 0.53 much more, so I hope they fix the bugs AND use the lay-out of 0.53 in update 0.55.

Juan Mata1 (not verified)

DO NOT ADD ANY NEW FEATURES !!! THEY LAGGY EVERYTHING
MOREOVER
YOU DELETE POINTS OF ROUND
CHAT FROM ROOM GOES ON PLAYERS
THE BETTER TEAM IN GAME DO NOT GO ON THE TOP JUST STAY WHERE IT WERE

ALL FEATURES MAKES THIS GAME LAGG SO PLS DELETE EVERYTHING UNNECESSERY - THE BEST WAY WAS GAME IN MARCH

Try to understa... (not verified)

The friends option - nice feature
Sounds - Some may like it, but thanks for the turn off option
New design - I think before the update, the game stood more in focus, now the screen is too overloaded
- the points we score in each round should be brought back please

Greets

-

who want to play achtung die lagg? it was a good game before i dont get the updates its good to see the +1 or +2 but now u cant see, lagg is not normal (never had lagg)

Mangolo's picture
Clan: LGS

First the things i like:

Friendlist

Mute sound

Thinks i dont like:

Ingame design

sound

lagg!! i never lagg normaly....

score each round

cant chat with friends

I hope you can use this information :)

Fire's picture
Champion
ffa america top 37%
1v1 america top 65%
team america top 25%
Clan: SW

They are fixing it right now! Keep your complains coming

~.~

businessman's picture
Champion

Just gimme my money back, I dont want to pay for bugs and idiotic sounds

userious?

New version is really bad:

Biggest problem - lags - fps isnt steady, there's a delay after pressing a key = unplayable.

than - doesn't show round points, after finishing 8 players game it reverts to 6 players and can't change it with options, scaling bars are too distracting.

I hate this updat, 0.53 was much much better.

Why when i stop turning it is turning still?Sometimes this happens to me and i really hate it.

Nice and easy Smile

inx (not verified)

now it doesn't work at all, am I the only one having this problem? The Lobby won't open

Flotter Otto (not verified)

Uh, i can't even get into the lobby...

I can't even go into the lobby. When I log in and click continue after the advertising nothing happens, there's only a grey screen.

Lama Loco1 (not verified)

I cant even get into the lobby too..

Flotter Otto (not verified)

Man, you really fucked shit up there xD Good job ;) 

Alias's picture

aw I can't get into the lobby either, I just get an empty screen when it's finished logging in.

buanane (not verified)

I have the same problem... i treid different browsers but nothing happened... Whats the problem? help?!

CopyRight (not verified)

lol  Its, not working for me either, And i got a esl open match :C 

No lobby enter (not verified)

They are maybe fixing something right now, and because of that we can't even get into the lobby probably...

adk  doesn't work ..

Whyyyyyy? Not working since some time

jifade's picture

i cant even play if i login and the serverlist should appear nothing happens?

only premiums can play :)

why only premiums..

Zupactis's picture
bab

Every single update till now was total fail... but this is the worst of the worst. Give back previous version pls and let it be. Do only 3 things and it will be perfect:

1) Make a lobby to make it possible for players to agree on some new room. Now there are often 10 online players over 1800 and every single one would like to play with someone but just have to go in some room to discuss it.

2) Make it possible for host to turn on some entrance limit based on ranking as it is in almost all ranking online games. For example that you can choose that only players 1500+ can enter the room.

3) Make it possible to play friendly game without ranks. Especially if there are 20 bugs and you dont know which one will kill you now.

I reccomend you Geert to see for example site www.playok.com where are many online games like chess, card games and so on and it is ranked - how there the room and lobby is done. The players in lobby are sorted by the ranks, you can invite each player to the game, send private message and so on. Your work will be much more useful if you will be working on this than always to change some details in design and make terrible sounds in the game and as a side product create 20 new bugs...

Colonel's picture

And for freaks sake if someone leaves room make him join game again when he is back!! Not like this that someone left game because of accident and he cant come back! This S U C K :)

Hope you fix it soon, have a nice day.

Bab, there are worse games.In one which i play, every update has horrible bugs and game is almost unplayable for players

Nice and easy Smile

agree with Johniemein!

The thing they do wrong is that they don't test their new versions for bugs, so with every update there are many bugs in the game.

This takes some time to fix, but it is much smarter to first test it, and to prevent things like what happened now.

Feyenoord Rotterda. (not verified)

I must play Sad

Kurwin's picture

just give us 0.53 layout and stay with friend list, and observers :) thats all

Pages