You are here

New icons have been selected! 14/12/13 UPDATE

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

82 posts / 0 new
Last post
PwnYeAll's picture
Offline
Clan: ADK

Haha Geert implemented the icons right before he went to sleep, I believe he forgot the part where he has to implement the icons in the lobby and game. It will be fixed tomorrow, don't worry ;)

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

they are implemented now, and the creators got their credits. Only we didn;t implement yet are the scream mask, vendetta and pokeball because of copyrights


 

Confruggy's picture
Offline

It isn't a pokeball, it's just a circle with dot in the middle :D

padder's picture
Offline

Why no new icons? This subforum is useless

You Are What You Think You Are:)

Momo's picture
Offline
Clan: OFF

Where's the Vendetta mask icon??? We need that u biatches --_--

Momo's profile on curvefever

The Architect's picture
Offline
Clan: TED

Hi,

After several months of problems with my computer, I am finally back. Next week I'll focus on new icons to put ingame. I will select 5-10 more icons. I'll keep you up to date!

Greetings

_________________

EX-MOD

'Your creativity' Forum Moderator and 'Head Of The Icons' / Publisher

Offline
Clan: xShe

Archiii, please make this icon: 

But you can make it simple just triangle with eye on top and then red cross over it :P

And don't forget the musicnote!! ^^

I will be gone, practicing my profession proudly, whereas you will continue noliving around.
I will be gone, but my songs will stay here, whereas you will be gone forever.

- Killuminati_

NoSlayer's picture
Offline

Ah, ur name all of a sudden makes sense to me. :D

The Architect's picture
Offline
Clan: TED

Killu, if you would like your icon being implemented in game, please make one like all the others have to do (much easier for us). And maybe, your item will be added ingame!

Greetings,

_________________

EX-MOD

'Your creativity' Forum Moderator and 'Head Of The Icons' / Publisher

The Architect's picture
Offline
Clan: TED

NoSlayer wrote:

Ah, ur name all of a sudden makes sense to me. :D

Hehe :-) 

xoxo

_________________

EX-MOD

'Your creativity' Forum Moderator and 'Head Of The Icons' / Publisher

The Architect's picture
Offline
Clan: TED

New icons have been selected!

_________________

EX-MOD

'Your creativity' Forum Moderator and 'Head Of The Icons' / Publisher

MaxTheBest's picture
Offline

Yay 4 icons from me !, thx!!

Ideas for new icons? Post it here!

O_Q
Offline

The Architect wrote:

New icons have been selected!

8D glad to see an icon of mine was chosen, but please correct my IGN, because you mispelled it (it's O_Q and not Q_Q)

 

BTW, if you liked the football, I can't see why not implement the basketball as well. I don't know the elements you look at when choosing an icon, but it looks really good on a premium user, and people seemed to like it.

O.Cue,
 

Momo's picture
Offline
Clan: OFF

Which ones? When are we gonna see them ingame??

Can we please have the Vendetta mask?

Momo's profile on curvefever

padder's picture
Offline

lol vendetta mask is copyrighted

you can see new icons on 1st site of topic

why only 11, many more good ideas are here

You Are What You Think You Are:)

WranDon's picture
Offline

Like this one for example: http://curvefever.com/content/my-ady-gil.

WranDon - the forum slut

Offline
Champion

half of the chosen icons are really weird..
there are sooo many nice icons and you choose such bad ones (not all..) :(

O_Q
Offline

I agree with Yellow.' big time, but another thing bothers me;

I ran into MaxTheBest in-game and I got to tell him how I find it odd that I have found an identical match of his "fist" icon, which is a known icon. He claimed to have created it himself.

Later on, I was playing with Mister X in-game, and he brought up the icons subjest, mentioning the copyright issue. He said that he has Googled several icons by MaxTheBest and found identical results, of copyrighted icons, just like I did, though I didn't think to tie it with copyrights.. but he has a good point.

Take a look at the Fist for example, here is the source (there are other copies of black, but converting colors is not the point here):
http://www.gonzotimes.com/2011/02/power-to-the-people-vector-image/

You can do that with the rest of his icons, but I haven't gone thorugh that trouble of doing so and just picked a few of his chosen ones (by The Architect). As Mister X said, if you are using Chrome, simply go to the big icon pic, right click on it, and choose:

(if you're not a Chrome user, simply drag and drop the image onto Google)

Music note:
https://www.google.co.il/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZisDSWyxDczY9DsawuRZ52KH57Bv...

Burger:
https://www.google.co.il/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZivUdnY1z73WtO_18BMFkfyV6EBC...

These are clearly NOT his work. Let's put that aside and assume that he DID infact 'recreate' them. it is still a blunt copyrights violation, and still doesn't make it okay to use, just like you are not eligible to recreate the Air-Jordan logo or any other copyrighted symbols, and then use them.

I don't understand how come you picked some of his icons that are clearly not ORIGINAL, but stolen. I hope you aren't making a huge mistake implementing them in-game.

But all in all, thanks for your effort The Architect ^_^

O.Cue,
 

The Architect's picture
Offline
Clan: TED

Hi,

Thank you, O_Q and Yellow for your response. I hope you guys understand I haven't a lot of time (university, social life, work, ...). I appreciate your response and advice. Because of you, I can make sure everything is done correctly. 

I will take a look at the icons of Max. i'll keep you up to date.

 

_________________

EX-MOD

'Your creativity' Forum Moderator and 'Head Of The Icons' / Publisher

MaxTheBest's picture
Offline

Dear Q_O
About the fist: go the website and read the text arouns the images, and the comments.
It says that you are free to use this pictures. So no copyright

About the hamburger, i got this picture from http://www.clker.com/clipart-267227.html
This is a site where u can download this pictures for free so; no copyright

And about the music note, killuminati sent me that example picture and i edites and used it

What about you? Did u maked that football just with a pencil

Ideas for new icons? Post it here!

MaxTheBest's picture
Offline

Dear Q_O
About the fist: go the website and read the text around the images, and the comments.
It says that you are free to use this pictures. So no copyright

About the hamburger, i got this picture from http://www.clker.com/clipart-267227.html
This is a site where u can download this pictures for free so; no copyright

And about the music note, killuminati sent me that example picture and i edited and used it

What about you? Did u make that football just with a pencil

Ideas for new icons? Post it here!

O_Q
Offline

MaxTheBest wrote:

Dear Q_O About the fist: go the website and read the text around the images, and the comments. It says that you are free to use this pictures. So no copyright About the hamburger, i got this picture from http://www.clker.com/clipart-267227.html This is a site where u can download this pictures for free so; no copyright And about the music note, killuminati sent me that example picture and i edited and used it What about you? Did u make that football just with a pencil

 

Haha so first you claimed to have created them with your "legit Photoshop CS6" copy, and now you admit to have 'downloaded' them, because they are "free"?

It doesn't change the fact you TOOK CREDIT and basically stole a person's hard work (as easy as it might have been), and then tried to get it implemented into a commercial game. That is wrong, and I'm not even sure legit, seeing how people PAY for this game and coins, whether the icons are free or not.
I'm sure you can find many known symbols and icons, such as the Air-Jordans on site like these. Does it mean you get to steal them and claim their rights? 

You have stooped low, and it's funny how you partially admit now, after getting caught.

I not entered another random icon by you, "Phone". I googled it, and this time I wasn't surprised to find out that you have done the exact same thing for this as well:

https://www.google.co.il/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZisaDeRe99uSZyJATqwr1p3RZFz5...

And it's just a random one. I'm sure 95% of your icons were obtained using the same method.. but I'm not going to go 1 by 1 and prove it because you have published way too many icons, and they weren't chosen anyway, so it's pointless.

You want to aim it back at me, so go ahead. 
I googled the subject I wanted to make an icon for, for example, for my Gecko icon, this was my reference photo (Google the word 'gecko'):

I dragged it to Photoshop and ILLUSTRATED IT, using Pentool (Vector).
So to your question: Yes. "I did make that football just with a pencil"

You won't find another identical football icon, or a gecko one, etc.

This is how I have created the rest of the icons (Football & Basketball), and this is how you should have. Funny how you claim to have paid for Photoshop when you don't know such basic things. I doubt if anything you've said is true at all.

O.Cue,
 

MaxTheBest's picture
Offline

About the phone; someone sent me an example picture which i used Lol u are making the icons from a picture, i can do that too, and i did that with the tennisball, hat, santa hat, dynamite, ferris wheel etc And i maked a few icons just with a 'pencil'; adk, anti camp letters, christmas tree, anti camp, gym, weights, anti illuminati etc. U are lying if u say that u are taking the icons randomly

All the underlined names of icons, you can't find any results on google

Ideas for new icons? Post it here!

MaxTheBest's picture
Offline

O_Q wrote:

I dragged it to Photoshop and ILLUSTRATED IT, using Pentool (Vector).
So to your question: Yes. "I did make that football just with a pencil"

You won't find another identical football icon, or a gecko one, etc.

This is how I have created the rest of the icons (Football & Basketball), and this is how you should have.

Hmm O_Q:

 

And the football the same:

Ideas for new icons? Post it here!

O_Q
Offline

MaxTheBest wrote:

-BS-

 

LOL. And yet again you prove to stoop so low. Don't you dare comparing me with you cause I've been working with Photoshop for ages and I know how annoying that is when people steal your work. I have NOT re-created, nor downloaded an existing icon.
Obviously most footballs and basketballs look alike, and STILL, if you looked at your "framing football screenshot", I fail to see an identical one, do you? No. So what exactly were you trying to prove? Don't make a fool out of yourself please |:

I have done the exact same thing as with the Gecko icon, which I already elaborated about in my previous post, so I will only summerize; Take a photo, and illustrate using Pentool.

My photoshop screenshots to prove it;

Basketball:

 

Football:

 

Gecko:

Anything else you would like to add?

Nice try.

Rather than try to take me down with you, realize that what you have done is wrong and regret it. And if you choose not to, atleast have enough brains to check your facts straight before accusing me of doing the exact same thing.

O.Cue,
 

MaxTheBest's picture
Offline

Dude, don't be so hostile and don't humiliate me. I think we both want to make new icons for the game...

I love making icons, and i like to  gain some experience with photoshop.

 

U said this:

''And it's just a random one. I'm sure 95% of your icons were obtained using the same method..''

Are u kidding?, i did make all those icons just by myself and you can check that:

 

the tennisball

hat

santa hat

dynamite

ferris wheel

adk

anti camp letters

christmas tree

anti camp

gym

weights

anti illuminati

 

About the music note: I edited the music note by myself, u can't find excactly the same, and the results you can find are from people who edited those icons just like me. Besides that the resolution of my image is 100x bigger than u can find.

Why are u complaining at me, u also using pictures you found on Google. You only remove the colour?

 

I think if u edit the image enough the copyright isnt there and especially if the text around the image says u are free to use it. The copyright is mostly on logos, brands, pictures with a trademark on it and sites where u have to pay for the images.

 

Don't be so mean any more dude, we don't have to be enemys. :sorry:

 

BTW: Why are u using work paths. You can just use the selecting tools? I'ts much easier and faster.

 

 

 

Ideas for new icons? Post it here!

O_Q
Offline

MaxTheBest wrote:

---

Sorry, I didn't mean to be hostile and didn't intend to humiliate you (atleast not until you claimed I was doing the same), but it's a subject that is relatively close to me cause people do that with webdesigns and such and it's just annoying.. I realize now that it wasn't intentional when you did that, because judging by your comments (including the last one), you don't understand what you did wrong.. but I'll try to explain why it's not so ethical, especially when you don't give credits when credit is due

Basically what you and I did is not the same. I used a REAL photo, and illustrated it (made it a cartoon picture, or so), literally DREW IT (didn't 'remove color'), which means it is not the same item anymore. You can also see that I have changed the details (With the Gecko I changed the tail to fit the square, changed fingers etc etc, and with the football I changed the patches, but even if I wouldn't change anything, it would still be okay, because I only used the real photo as a reference, those are 2 different things. If you want to compare what an I did, it would be if I were to take the gecko pic and post it as my own, claiming I had taken this photograph. But turning it into an icon is just fine. Taking an existing icon is basically the same as making an identical copy of it, because then what would be the difference? S:

MaxTheBest wrote:

I think if u edit the image enough the copyright isnt there

Umm, don't get me wrong, working on an original icon and just modifying it is still not entirely cool, but yes. Maybe you could get away with it, if people don't recognize the source, although it's not cool because you did startoff with another persons work, but in your case, the icons are 1:1 the same, so it's irrelevant S: 
 
You're right about some of yoru other icons, I didn't bother checking the rest and so I was too quick to call out that they are all 'stolen', sorry

I didn't 'remove the color' maybe you just don't know what pentool is. I'll explain just in case, so if you do know, don't get offended.

Pentool is basically a tool in photoshop that helps you (among other things) to create shapes and such, and turn them into a vector. What is a vector? A vector is what CurveFever needs; a shape that no matter how much you strech/shrink it, it won't lose its quality, because it's not made of pixels. Basically like fonts. When you make your font bigger, the quality remains at its best, right? That's why the icons in CurveFever needsto be a Vector, because it's a browser flash game, and the site of the game viewed by players vary, because some have a larger/smaller screen than others, or play on a smaller browser window (and not full), etc. In order for The Architect to implement the icons, he firsts converts them to a vector, and only then does he implement them. He doesn't implement them the way we (the users) submit in this forum.

I hope you see the difference now, and maybe now you understand why what you just said is irrelevant:

MaxTheBest wrote:

Why are u using work paths. You can just use the selecting tools? I'ts much easier and faster.

Work paths are the paths made by pentool. Selecting tool just chooses the space you click on, you can't make a vector out of it. I guess for players here it doesn't matter, because the mod wants to turn it into a vector himself (I thought they would want a vector version and I could save them the trouble S: ), but I wouldn't be able to draw with a selection tool - I could only copy/duplicate some of the pic, and that's not what I intended to do.

O.Cue,
 

Daniël's picture
Offline

Omg Max,

I thought you made them by yourself :(

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Kizzy's picture
Offline
Clan: CHI

Dr architect
Thank you for choosing my icon! I would just like to know what will my rewards be and how much will the icon cost? Mostly when will the icons be published?
Many thx

I made the new icon called 'full energy'

O_Q
Offline

Kizzy wrote:

Dr architect Thank you for choosing my icon! I would just like to know what will my rewards be and how much will the icon cost? Mostly when will the icons be published? Many thx

You already have all this information in the main post;

Your reward (if you'd like to call that like that) is a free copy of your icon, free of pay. It will automatically be added to your account storage, once the icon will be implemented ofcourse.

gonna cost 1000 coins (Credits: 1000)

As for when it will be published... that's a good question which remains unanswered ^_^

O.Cue,
 

O_Q
Offline

This topic is no longer relevant, sorry for the inconvenience

O.Cue,
 

Pages

Topic locked