You are here

New color released

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD
New color released

Yes, finally we have it! A great new color! Enjoy it.

Other changes are:

  • revamped drawing system
  • As a non premium user, you can't create premium games anymore. This is done, as the feature was not clear to the non premium users (why did I lose coins!), and because we wanted to buff the premium account.

We want to thank all the people who helped testing this great color. Without you, it would not be possible.

Spoiler: Highlight to view

As you all know, it did take a long time before we could release this version. This was because we wanted to revamp the event handling system, to make the game faster. However, we couldn't manage to make this bug free. There are like 4 optimizations, which we will bring in small steps into the game. To make this possible, we will open up a topic, were we will share a dev version of the game each day. You will need to tell if it runs stable, or not. This way we can see which optimizations do work, and which are bugged. We hope you want to participate in this and cooperate. More news will follow soon.

Hunter491's picture
Offline

"Winter is coming"

quote from Game of Throne, but seriously im happy thats its finnaly implented Blum 3

Metta&Peace

PotatoNL's picture
Offline

I'll gladly join the dev-nightlies if I'm eligible to do so. Congratulations on the new color by the way.

Pv0
Pv0's picture
Offline
Clan: sC

Good job!

NoSlayer's picture
Offline

It is indeed a nice colour. Great job creating this. Smile

 

Sincerely,

 

NoSlayer

 

 

Bat.King's picture
Offline

First win with new colour^^

http://hpics.li/fd40eae

Edited by: 
«ßąŤ•ĶīņĞ» on 15 October, 2014 - 17:16
Kodaline's picture
Offline
Clan: Perv

Quote:

As a non premium user, you can't create premium games anymore. This is done, as the feature was not clear to the non premium users (why did I loose coins!), and because we wanted to buff the premium account.

 

Hmm that's sucks :/ Non-premiums can't play or practice with friends, also unconvenient for cw with no premium user in it, for example.

 

The new colour is nice though.

Edited by: 
Kodaline on 15 October, 2014 - 17:35
Offline

Yep quate from game of thrones wonder where picture is copied from, worms3d or something? I was the one to name colour that way ( yes im boteng got banned) not even mentioned here *-* only thing curve administration is able to do is steal and lie (ops thats two things) to be that much unprofessionalism requires talent too. WEll done u did it again.

Edited by: 
nimdax on 15 October, 2014 - 18:51
fikocan's picture
Offline
Clan: Kuci

It is weird.

-Andrea-'s picture
Offline
ffa eu top 1.4%
1v1 eu top 17%
team eu nr. 100
Clan: S

I like it, it's nice looking color and it has vertical not horizontal lines (like rain) Smile

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Offline
Clan: C0lt

hold up hold up geert! i create premium games anymore??? i use them to practice bro can you bring it back?

Offline
Clan: Slav
fikocan's picture
Offline
Clan: Kuci

Btw it is significantly smoother.

sam_pum's picture
Offline
Champion
Moderator
ffa eu nr. 61
1v1 eu nr. 67
team eu nr. 36
Clan: sim

Is it possible that it moves a little bit different than the other lines?

My name is Jeff.

Offline

haha nice so they copied colour too pathetic people

Hunter491's picture
Offline

Still quote is very impressing... i just cannot find ned stark on the image Blum 3 "Winter is Coming"

Metta&Peace

Offline

Kodaline]</p>

<p>[quote wrote:

As a non premium user, you can't create premium games anymore. This is done, as the feature was not clear to the non premium users (why did I loose coins!), and because we wanted to buff the premium account.

 

Hmm that's sucks :/ Non-premiums can't play or practice with friends, also unconvenient for cw with no premium user in it, for example.

I agree with this, I'm a non-premium player and now to play (in example) with 8 my friends with special powerups I need do buy premium! And where is the logic here?!

InfinityMonkeys's picture
Offline
Clan: IMOG

°†§ilen†_One†° wrote:

:p
http://curvefever.com/comment/39397#comment-39397

jep Beee

Offline

Hello guys. I don't comment often on the forum, so when I do I have my reasons. First, the new colour is really cool (in every ways :)), good job on that. What I don't like is the other change about the non-premium (from now on, n-p) users. I think the previous change was a huge hit too to the CF community, I mean having the coins system, which already limited the n-p users. Until then you were able to join to premium rooms at any time, now If you run out from coins you can't do that. (and we have to admit, playing non-premium rooms, isn't much fun) But that change at least had advantages, for example the one you are changing now (hosting prem. rooms without it). At this moment you place n-p players more inferior to premium players, and I think it's kind of unfair. You may think this change will higher the number of prem. users, but I think it will only lead to losing more players. (the previous change had it's bad effects too, like hosts raging about n-p players begging for adding, and a lot of players left the game, who find the coins based system bad, and felt the game is changing into bad directions. I know since I am an old member here, and I had plenty of friends who left CF.)

The most annoying thing behind this, the excuse you say:"This is done, as the feature was not clear to the non premium users" (I mean, if players are really interested in a game, they should know it's rules, so they shouldn't have any reasons to complain). At least you put there the main reason too, but it's still lame.

I understand that you need premium users too, to maintain the site, and therefore I used to be a premium too, but you have to realise, you ask for money and you don't provide enough. With the old system non-premium players could exist too in the game, not rely on premium users kindness. Then came the coin system, you reduced the rights of n-p players to play in premium rooms. Now you reduce their rights even more, making it almost impossible to play as n-p. The next step should be, that n-p players cant even join premium rooms... So this way, you expect more people to pay, but you still have plenty of problems (random kick outs, black screen, lagging problems, non-reacting keys even if game is in focus...etc) which aren't fixed. How you expect people to pay, if you don't give something in exchange? I mean colours and icons are nice, but they don't affect the gameplay. So don't you think you should provide better gaming conditions, if you expect people to pay more?

Sorry for the long comment, and the misstakes in the text (English is only my 3rd language), but this really pisses me off, and I am sure I am not alone with this.

PD95.

Offline

we know u are pd u dont need to write pd at the end

Master Shuriken's picture
Offline
Clan: ATK

@PD95: plz join the coins rebellion with me in the suggestions forum Blum 3

Many of the points you make there are the same/similar to mine...

Please take notice, creators of CF.

OMG!!! It's Over 9000!!! (ms lag)

EC3
Offline

"Why did I LOSE coins?" pls correct

This user is warned for this post because of:
Derail a thread's topic

Warned by Geert

Edited by: 
Geert on 18 October, 2014 - 18:40
Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

EC3 wrote:

"Why did I LOSE coins?" pls correct

this is not the correct place to ask this. Send us an email at supportatcurvefever.com or make a topic in Help&FAQ forum.


 

Offline

Are the edges on that color supposed to be blurr / not sharp ?

it's quite confusing when you're cornering

Momo's picture
Offline
ffa eu top 3.2%
team eu top 11%

NSanely wrote:

Are the edges on that color supposed to be blurr / not sharp ?

it's quite confusing when you're cornering

I would have preferred if the colors were vertically inclined just like rainbow and rasta. The way it's done is a bit confusing, and disturbs my eyes, I don't play with it anymore.

Momo's profile on curvefever

Pherryx's picture
Offline
Clan: Pher

Geert wrote:

Yes, finally we have it! A great new color! Enjoy it.

Other changes are:

  • revamped drawing system
  • As a non premium user, you can't create premium games anymore. This is done, as the feature was not clear to the non premium users (why did I lose coins!), and because we wanted to buff the premium account.

We want to thank all the people who helped testing this great color. Without you, it would not be possible.

Spoiler: Highlight to view

As you all know, it did take a long time before we could release this version. This was because we wanted to revamp the event handling system, to make the game faster. However, we couldn't manage to make this bug free. There are like 4 optimizations, which we will bring in small steps into the game. To make this possible, we will open up a topic, were we will share a dev version of the game each day. You will need to tell if it runs stable, or not. This way we can see which optimizations do work, and which are bugged. We hope you want to participate in this and cooperate. More news will follow soon.

Edited by: 
Pherryx on 2 January, 2015 - 04:19
Offline

best colour !