You are here

[June 2014] The following icons will be implemented:

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
O_Q
[June 2014] The following icons will be implemented:

[2nd batch - OFFICIAL thread] | [2nt batch - OFFICIAL announcement] - February 2014
[1st batch - OFFICIAL thread] | [1st batch - OFFICIAL announcement] - January 2014
---

Like I promised earlier this week - I started the batch this weekend. My schedule kind of got screwed following what happened, so I didn't go to bed in order to be able to finish it quickly and get back to my HW and stuff.

Without further ado, I present you the new batch in a chronological order:

1. Paper Clip - "Clip playing CurveFever!"

Creator/Uploader: Little Fred
    COINS: 500
    Implemented: June 26th, 2014

2. Impossible Triangle - "Impossibru triangle"

COINS: 700
    Implemented: 
    June 26th, 2014

3. Linked - "Linked to CurveFever"

COINS: 400
    Implemented: 
    June 26th, 2014

4. Eye of Horus - "Get Curve protection and royal power with the Eye of Horus

Creator/Uploader: p0llux
    COINS: 800
    Implemented: June 26th, 2014

5. [email protected]- "@ last"

Creator/Uploader: p0llux
    COINS: 500

6. GL HF - "Good Luck, Have Fun"

Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS:  2,300

7. Shuriken - "Sharp like a Shuriken"

COINS:  2,000

8. Countdown - "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO"

Creator/UploaderO_Q
    COINS: 2,500

9. ROFLOL XD - "Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud XD"

COINS: 2,500

10. GG - "Good Game!"

COINS:  2,300

[album: http://ocue.imgur.com/]

As you can see, for the first time in CurveFever, animated icons are introduced. I tried to make it as a surprise, but I already spoiled it and mentioned that in Fred's thread about a week ago. I know they seem pretty expensive, but had they been cheaper, that would basically make all static icons obsolete, because who would choose to buy a static icon when they could have an animated one within their hand's reach?

Have Fun ^_^

O.Cue,

Nice :D GJ O_Q ^^

United Arab Emirates -  الامارات العربية المتحدة

but 2,500 coins for icon :s 

Champion

Awesome icons

but now somehow the crown of champs is less worth :'(

Yellow.' wrote:

Awesome icons but now somehow the crown of champs is less worth :'(

Yea xD , 

but until now i don't understand why did Wallyson did fired you , You are awesome O_Q ^^ :)

Champion

Hey I dont mind moving icons but will this make more laggy if everyone has them cos, atm my internet really sucks.

O_Q

mish3al 55 wrote:

Like I explained, would you buy a static icon if you could afford an animated one at around the same price?
They have to be more expensive, otherwise all the static icons will become obsolete and not get purchased D:

DeclanR wrote:

Hey I dont mind moving icons but will this make more laggy if everyone has them cos, atm my internet really sucks.

I didn't want to bring this up and cause unnecessary speculations, but since you already brought it up - you don't have to worry, These icons, black and white, short animation and at such small size, barely weight a few K's. There is no way in hell it would affect your in-game experience. It isn't similar to the large GIF files you'd find on 9GAG and similar sites, where the GIF would weight a dozen MB's.

O.Cue,

O_Q wrote:

mish3al 55 wrote:

Like I explained, would you buy a static icon if you could afford an animated one at around the same price?
They have to be more expensive, otherwise all the static icons will become obsolete and not get purchased D:

ok  *GOOD* 

Champion

The GG one looks really cool aha

Daniël's picture
team eu top 16%

Wuuut pro icons!!!

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Nindro's picture
Clan: PWN

O_Q you're the best :)

UŽ LIETUVĄ, VYRAI !!!

Clan: iZzl

make them 1500 but not 2500 man!!

Nice icons! :D

Little Fred's picture
Clan: TIGE

hmm, the font of the moving icons isn't really matching with the Curve Fever font. But other than that they so cool* :) Shuriken is my favorite moving icon haha. When do we get them in-game?

Designer and front-end web developer www.mitchdesign.net

BeerMaker's picture

Dont make them cheap. Make them expensive so they really have to be earned

The Maker of Beer has joined the game!

Daniël's picture
team eu top 16%

Yes, expensive is nice.
And the shuriken is my favorite also :D

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Clan: xShe

O_Q, could you read my comment about that 'eye of Horus' in order to make this icon more meaningful please? The caption is not really meaningful.

The comment: http://curvefever.com/comment/44157#comment-44157

I will be gone, practicing my profession proudly, whereas you will continue noliving around.
I will be gone, but my songs will stay here, whereas you will be gone forever.

- Killuminati_

So excited to see them in game! :)

@Killuminati_ things don't have to be meaningful around here, they have to be FUN! :P

and if it means something, than a silly phrase won't change that :) 

O_Q

Little Fred wrote:

hmm, the font of the moving icons isn't really matching with the Curve Fever font. But other than that they so cool* :) Shuriken is my favorite moving icon haha. When do we get them in-game?

I don't see a reason why the font should match lol o-o As of the implementation itself, I need Geert to get going, so I couldn't really tell you.

Killuminati_ wrote:

O_Q, could you read my comment about that 'eye of Horus' in order to make this icon more meaningful please? The caption is not really meaningful. The comment: http://curvefever.com/comment/44157#comment-44157

I needed help with the sentence on that one too, lol
I searched it up on Wiki and that lame sentence is all I could come up with, so I  do appreciate any other suggestions ^_^

Is "Get Curve protection and royal power with the Eye of Horus" okay?

O.Cue,

Calmy's picture

wow nice job O.Cue ! It'll make some change we all wanted :- )

~Keep Calm & Relax

Champion

Calmy wrote:

wow nice job O.Cue ! It'll make some change we all wanted :- )

well ye, many people wanted new icons. but the sad truth is: the one who changes something into positive gets fired.

awesome job o_q as i already said, but to be honest on your place i wouldn't do anything for cf anymore because you are treatet total unfair by wallyson

p0llux wrote:

@Killuminati_ things don't have to be meaningful around here, they have to be FUN! :P

and if it means something, than a silly phrase won't change that :) 

Okay it's a game and fun, but I didn't really get the reason why it shouldn't be meaningful. Could you explain?

O_Q wrote:

Killuminati_ wrote:

O_Q, could you read my comment about that 'eye of Horus' in order to make this icon more meaningful please? The caption is not really meaningful. The comment: http://curvefever.com/comment/44157#comment-44157

I needed help with the sentence on that one too, lol
I searched it up on Wiki and that lame sentence is all I could come up with, so I  do appreciate any other suggestions ^_^

Is "Get Curve protection and royal power with the Eye of Horus" okay?

Yes!! It's perfect :) thanks for taking it into account and for not feeling attacked, cause nowadays we really have to be careful when we say sth cause people might get it wrong or act rude cause they can't take critic. -_- I really appreciate it Oh Cuee ^^

I will be gone, practicing my profession proudly, whereas you will continue noliving around.

- Killuminati_

idk "Get Curve protection and royal power with the Eye of Horus" doesn't sound good if you ask me... I like the first one, because the point is that it's not meaningful, but anyhow I couldn't care less :D Whatever is fine with me...just sayin' :)

p0llux wrote:

idk "Get Curve protection and royal power with the Eye of Horus" doesn't sound good if you ask me... I like the first one, because the point is that it's not meaningful, but anyhow I couldn't care less :D Whatever is fine with me...just sayin' :)

Did someone say that the point is that it shouldn't be meaningful? I didn't read that then sorry...
Anyway some will like it, some won't. :)

- Killuminati_

O_Q

It doesn't really matter guys, it's just a sentence that appears in the icon shop, so it might as well explain and contain the name of the symbol fro those who wonder what that might be, cause I for example had no clue.

O.Cue,

O_Q if i won premium onhttp://curvefever.com/content/free-premium-1-year-giveaway i will give that to u,u re the best,i forgot how awesome u are!
Beautiful icons,nice work! *-*

lala *-*

sam_pum's picture
Champion
1v1 eu top 7.2%
team eu top 19%
Clan: Jeff

Wp.

My name is Jeff.

@Killuminati_ no one said that...it's just me...i think that the phrases should come as funny. But no sense arguing over it :) it's just a silly sentence.  I see that you feel strongly about the symbol, so I understand your view and support your wish. :) 

The main thing is that we have the icon in store :P 

Cheers

BANANORPION - HALF-BANANA HALF-SCORPION †'s picture
Clan: sigh

BeerMaker wrote:

Dont make them cheap. Make them expensive so they really have to be earned

Agreed.

Spoiler: Highlight to view
If you read this you're a curious person.

nML
Clan: LvLy

Omg. Someone is making a good job, this is so damn rare :D

Nice icons!

O_Q

vuiii wrote:

O_Q if i won premium onhttp://curvefever.com/content/free-premium-1-year-giveaway i will give that to u,u re the best,i forgot how awesome u are!
Beautiful icons,nice work! *-*

haha thanks Xd

Glad you guys like em

O.Cue,

seim hsv's picture
Champion
1v1 eu top 18%
team eu top 12%
Clan: A

When they get implemented ?

1905 bist du geboren, hab mein Herz ganz allein an dich verloren!
Arminia Bielefeld bist mein Verein und du wirst niemals alleine sein!

Yubi Nashi_IAmDeleted0's picture
Clan: I

good question seim!

I want that shuriken 8)

O_Q

They were ready for implementation the second I posted this thread, but I need Geert in order to actually implement them in-game, and he said he was busy at that moment and still hasn't messaged me about it, so I can't really tell you guys. It's up to him now (unless he needs me to modify stuff in the files, but in this case he would first have to start working on it)

O.Cue,

ffa eu top 2.1%
1v1 eu top 20%
team eu top 8.1%

The icons are ready for more then 2 weeks, will it ever be in the game?

I think the moving icons should be around 2k and also you could always make the Champion icon maybe change colour, as this would be something you couldnt get just as a normal i con. Just a suggestion :)

O_Q

Unfortunately, guys, Geert has notified me today that he will be back next week, and so this is when the icons will be available in-game.

O.Cue,

Jasonm7's picture
ffa eu top 55%
1v1 eu top 25%
team eu top 41%
Clan: YES

c o o l

what about new colors?

O_Q

Jasonm7 wrote:

c o o l

what about new colors?

It's not up to me. I'm not in-charge of new colors (actually no one is, it's a pretty basic and simple procedure, so Geert doesn't really require any help in that matter)

If it were up to me I'd add some new ones

O.Cue,

O_Q

Icons are now in-game. [June 26th, 2014]

O.Cue,

ffa eu top 2.7%
team eu top 9.1%
Clan: KOLL

they are great! already buyed shuriken(i play since some time for rainbow, but this icons are sooo nice, so i had to buy one)

~~signature~~

My time:

Little Fred's picture
Clan: TIGE

Nice nicee, really nicee :D

+ The maker gets his icon for free :D

Good job too all who made the icons :D

Btw. Since when is this not featured on the homepage.. but nvm :D

Designer and front-end web developer www.mitchdesign.net

ffa eu top 2.7%
team eu top 9.1%

i think the person who created the normal shuriken should get this one for free, because it looks the same.

~~signature~~

My time:

Implex's picture
Clan: vS

3000-3500 for an icon?! -.-

please stay on 2000-2500..

ffa eu top 2.7%
team eu top 9.1%

they are special because they are moving, so it's ok if they cost more.

~~signature~~

My time:

Implex's picture
Clan: vS

but 3000-3500 is a high amount of coins for an icon!

it cost more than a colour :'D

its too much.

ffa eu top 2.7%
team eu top 9.1%

and? a colour and a icon effect the same: decoration. so on normal way you don't need them and if you want other decoration you have to buy for it. the moving icons are a lot better then the normal ones, so geert decided to make them more expensive

~~signature~~

My time:

O_Q

NOWODNY2 wrote:

and? a colour and a icon effect the same: decoration. so on normal way you don't need them and if you want other decoration you have to buy for it. the moving icons are a lot better then the normal ones, so geert decided to make them more expensive

+1, at first I thought 2K is enough, but you, the players, told me in-game that it is too cheapץ
Not only that, but a recently started thread suggested that these animated icons are too distracting in-game. Increasing the price addresses these two issues (the latter one by making them harder to obtain).

O.Cue,