You are here

[February 2014] The following icons will be implemented:

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
O_Q
Offline
[February 2014] The following icons will be implemented:

[1st batch - OFFICIAL thread] | [1st batch - OFFICIAL announcement] - January 2014

---

Well, so this batch has been ready for a while now, but I was waiting for Geert to return from his vacation and update the game.
As soon as I realized we were about to hit 1,000,000 registered accounts (please note that I do realize that some accounts were removed, and there are multiple accounts for each users etc, but it doesn't change the fact that this is the official and valid count to date) I made a special icon espeically for that occasion. I was planning to implement this at the cost of 1 COIN so you guys can celebrate this event without having to spend much. As soon as I was done I tried to contact Geert, but sadly, it was impossible.
He will return soon enough, but I was worried that by then the 1,000,000 account milestone will be rather old news. Nevertheless, I decided to just go ahead and post all of the icons right now.

Let the fun begin!

  1. Clef - "Let the music begin"

     | Modified from: 

    Creator/Uploader: Ph1l1pp
    COINS: 800
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014
     

  2. Thin - "Thin for the win"

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS: 400
    Implemented: 
    February 20th, 2014
     

  3. Speed - "You should've gotten a speeding ticket by now"

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS: 400
    Implemented: 
    February 20th, 2014
     

  4. Corner - "I'm the old-school-snake kind of guy" 


    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS: 400
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014
     

  5. Arrow - "Your rank is always increasing"

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS: 500
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014
     

  6. Eye of Providence - "You see everything"

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS:  700
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014
     

  7. Umbrella - "You can stand under my umbrella.... ELLA, ELLA, EH. EH. EH."

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    Idea: vuiii
    COINS:  600
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014
     

  8. Kissy Lips - ":**"

    Creator/UploaderO_Q
    COINS: 900
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014
     

  9. Skull - "The remains of your enemies"

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS: 1,000
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014
     

  10. Panda Cub - "This panda cub is so fluffy I'm gonna die"

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    Idea: Hate.
    COINS:  1,000
    Implemented: February 20th, 2014

 

and lastly, the 1M (1million) accounts milestone icon event:

  • 1M - "Celebrate this special 1Million accounts milestone!"

    Creator/Uploader: O_Q
    COINS:  1
    Implemented: 
    February 20th, 2014
    AVAILABLE UNTIL: February 28th, 2014

 

- ENJOY!!

P.S
As you can see, I nearly made all of the icons of this batch. It's a shame you guys barely uploaded any suggestions/icons since the last batch.
I hope it will change in the future as you will participate and contribute as well. Don't forget that you get a free copy of an icon you make (in case it gets selected and implemented).

Offline
Champion

best icon maker ever *-*

Offline

יפה אחשלי

Incred's picture
Offline
Champion
team eu top 16%

You were saying that one of the icons in the batch would overtake the bunny in popularity. Please say it's not KISSY LIPS! XD

edit: nevermind. You were clearly talking about the panda! Awesome icon!

Offline
Champion

Incred wrote:

You were saying that one of the icons in the batch would overtake the bunny in popularity. Please say it's not KISSY LIPS! XD

edit: nevermind. You were clearly talking about the panda! Awesome icon!

XD!!

O_Q
Offline

Incred wrote:

You were saying that one of the icons in the batch would overtake the bunny in popularity. Please say it's not KISSY LIPS! XD

edit: nevermind. You were clearly talking about the panda! Awesome icon!

HAHA YESSS :DD

O.Cue,
 

Offline

Why did you not mention maxthebest and me on the clef icon, because we did some work too :s

Offline
Clan: xShe

So as a conclusion Curve Fever = Illuminati?! :|

Omg why do I even play this game!? :O

I will be gone, practicing my profession proudly, whereas you will continue noliving around.
I will be gone, but my songs will stay here, whereas you will be gone forever.

- Killuminati_

O_Q
Offline

explosive wrote:

Why did you not mention maxthebest and me on the clef icon, because we did some work too :s

?
Click the small Clef icon, it will lead you to the version by Ph1llip, which was submitted November 2012. It was his version I modified S:

Killuminati_ wrote:

So as a conclusion Curve Fever = Illuminati?! :|

Omg why do I even play this game!? :O

LOL xd Sali and Mimi told me about this illuminati thing, I hope you guys take it as a joke |: Most people will probably just see it as a nice pyramid icon 8D

O.Cue,
 

Hate.'s picture
Offline

So you just decide which icons are going to be in the game, their price, their explanation....without caring how many votes did they got and anything else and sh!t and stuff like that?....then mods should erase the voting system cause it is really stupid and a nonsense. Just like in real life.

And for this part...I cannot agree less:

"As you can see, I nearly made all of the icons of this batch. It's a shame you guys barely uploaded any suggestions/icons since the last batch.I hope it will change in the future as you will participate and contribute as well. Don't forget that you get a free copy of an icon you make (in case it gets selected and implemented)"

Yes, not a lot of icons since last Batch, but there are much other earlier Icons that are great or they have a bunch of votes, probably meaning that they should have been implemented. But I guess Achtung social scale is a bit vague. x)

Apart from that, I must say nice that's a nice batch of icons.

 

Offline

O_Q]</p>
<p>[quote=explosive
wrote:

Why did you not mention maxthebest and me on the clef icon, because we did some work too :s

?
Click the small Clef icon, it will lead you to the version by Ph1llip, which was submitted November 2012. It was his version I modified S:
 

why did you no take ours. i mean it got much more positive votes and is much more fine. anyways thats just my opinion. furthermore there are allready several icons by Ph1llip, why dont you give others a chance? i agrre with hate, whats the sense of a voting system anymore.. :(

Offline
Clan: xShe

O_Q wrote:

LOL xd Sali and Mimi told me about this illuminati thing, I hope you guys take it as a joke |: Most people will probably just see it as a nice pyramid icon 8D

Ofc I'm not serious about it either, don't worry ^^

But O_Q you encourage illuminati like this :( You should have put a cross over it! :( Illuminati is badddd! :'(

I will be gone, practicing my profession proudly, whereas you will continue noliving around.
I will be gone, but my songs will stay here, whereas you will be gone forever.

- Killuminati_

O_Q
Offline

@Hate.

You asked what was the point of the vote system, so let me quote (or refer you) to a post of mine from the 1st batch announcement:

O_Q wrote:

TODDEMFCB wrote:

you only put icons ingame which got a lot of good votes.

I don't, so the rest of your argument is pretty pointless

The votes don't hold have a say on which icon will be implemented... Maybe The Architect did that (I'm only assuming, seeing how he picked thet Full Enegry icon and the Galaxy icon which in my eyes wouldn't have been purchased by anyone, but they had a lot of positive votes).
I don't agree with this method due to the simple reason that it's not accurate and misleading; A lot of friends are asking one another to vote for their own icon, and further more, you can create as many account as you see fit and multi-vote on your own icon. That is no way to determine which icon will be implemented.

Yes. I don't believe in the voting system. Not only can a user ask his friends to up-vote his icons, but he can also do it manually himself, by creating countless accounts and boosting the rank of his own icons. 
Let me be more clear, and show you a couple examples. If I'm not mistaken, as of today, this is the highest ranked icon in this forum section. "Full Energy":

Can you honestly say that in your opinion this icon would sell? I highly doubt that.
On the other hand, you have the Bunny icon. Let me show you the stats of this icon:

VERY average. Can you argue this is (as of today, because I hope the Panda icon will beat it ^_^) the highest selling icon in-game?

You see what I mean? The voting system is not accurate to say the least, and this is why I don't like to depend on it.
You should see it as a good thing and not the other way around, cause at the end of the day I would like to add icons you guys will end up buying, and not based on how many friends an icon-uploader had to help him boost the score, and I'm sure you would like to see icons in-game that actually appeal to you, and not those which got a high score but no one intends to purchase.

@Explosive

I don't think the uploader of a certain icon should be a factor as to whether it should be selected or not. I like to be fair, and not only did Ph1llip upload the Clef concept in November 2012, but his version was also the closest to the ideal shape and form of the modified icon by me, which means that I had to mess MUCH less with his icon than I would have to twich and mess with yours.
Here is a little comparision.
Ph1llips icon:

Your icon:

My modified icon:

Don't you agree it looks much more like Ph1llip's icon? It's because I had his icon as the base. Basically I only twiched it and refined the lines etc, didn't have to mess with it much.
Second of all, it was uploaded a year+ prior to yours.

These 2 facts made the decision very easy for me. Maybe I would have taken yours and twiched it had your icon been uploaded first, but when both these facts are in Ph1llip's favor, I think there is no doubt as to who should be credited for the work. sorry :(

@Killuminati_

I changed the name of the icon to Eye of Providence, which has a different meaning and is probably the source and adopted idea for the Illuminati symbol as-well (I think? I'm not too familiar with these 2 terms lol)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence

O.Cue,
 

Offline
Clan: xShe

O_Q wrote:

@Killuminati_

I changed the name of the icon to Eye of Providence, which has a different meaning and is probably the source and adopted idea for the Illuminati symbol as-well (I think? I'm not too familiar with these 2 terms lol)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence

It's the same sweetyy, it's the sameeeee :(

Look look!! I know a better icon that is similar but this is more beautiful and it's meaning is more meaningfull (you know what I mean? :P ) 

The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus

 

Maybe you should add more things like this.. Things that has a special meaning and is something historical in it. Support history and sth good, not the bad things :(

I will be gone, practicing my profession proudly, whereas you will continue noliving around.
I will be gone, but my songs will stay here, whereas you will be gone forever.

- Killuminati_

O_Q
Offline

LOL Sali suggested a very similar icon (I think the same) and I tried it and it didn't look as good when little, but sure, I can try to twich it and have it for the 3rd batch

What I don't understand though is why you don't submit icons that appeal to you, you're asking me why I haven't added this one (or icons of these kind) and forget that I had to come up with 10 icon ideas (and then make them) out of 11 :( It would be cool if you submit these things, you also end up getting a free copy of it, so why not 8D

O.Cue,
 

Daniël's picture
Offline

Awesome!

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Yes! c: cant wait dat umbrela ;p

lala *-*

Hate.'s picture
Offline

O_Q, it was a rhetorical question, but thanks for your time! :)

O_Q
Offline

Hate. wrote:

O_Q, it was a rhetorical question, but thanks for your time! :)

I wasn't answering your question, I was commenting on your remark, that gave me the vibe that you are rather angry with the fact I don't consider the votings to be the highest factor as to whether an icon will be implemented or not... otherwise I can't see why you would suggest it's as corrupted as realife democracy

Hate. wrote:

So you just decide which icons are going to be in the game, their price, their explanation....without caring how many votes did they got and anything else and sh!t and stuff like that?....then mods should erase the voting system cause it is really stupid and a nonsense. Just like in real life.

----

Guys I just want to remind you that the implemention of the 1M icon is not guarenteed (seeing as, like I said, I couldn't get in touch with Geert). It may be up for sale at the cost of 1COIN and be available for everyone at all times, or for a certain period of time, and it may as well not get implemented at all.

O.Cue,
 

Hate.'s picture
Offline

I did a statemenet saying voting system is not working...and you just replied saying the same and why you are the one that decides everything, nothing against it, but I didn't need your reply to clear my doubts.

Btw, I don't know if that is up to you to decide, but can I have the panda bear for free cause the idea?

 

 

O_Q
Offline

Hate. wrote:

I did a statemenet saying voting system is not working...and you just replied saying the same and why you are the one that decides everything, nothing against it, but I didn't need your reply to clear my doubts.

Btw, I don't know if that is up to you to decide, but can I have the panda bear for free cause the idea?

It would be unfair towards the rest of the players who have contributed with ideas and were not given a free copy of the implemented icon, so I'm afraid it won't happen :( I always credit the uploaders for the entire work even if I have to twitch their icon, modify and edit it etc, but it's not the case when I make an entirely new icon.

O.Cue,
 

Hate.'s picture
Offline

Yes that's true you should give a lot of free icons then! :P

O_Q
Offline

All icons have been implemented. The 1M icon will be available until Febreuary 28th (a week-ish), so grab it while you can.

ENJOY

O.Cue,
 

YoRy's picture
Offline

They are beautiful, thanks for worked them Ö_Q ! :)

             @YoryFX
~ fBt 
↔ #FunBoxTEAM.

InfinityMonkeys's picture
Offline
Clan: IMOG

none of my icons :C