You are here

The Curve Olympics 2015 - Introduction, Rules and Date-Schedule

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
ffa eu top 1.4%
team eu top 40%
Clan: Rock
The Curve Olympics 2015 - Introduction, Rules and Date-Schedule

Hello everybody!

Round 1 results/schedule

Round 2 results/schedule

Round 3 results/schedule

Round 4 results/schedule

Round 5 results/schedule

Round 6 results/schedule

Final leaderboard

This year we will have a second edition of The Curve Olympics! WOEOEEEHOEHEH! *Screaming girls everywhere*

I hope you guys all remember this awesome competition from last year, but for those who don't I will clear some stuff up and tell the rules for this year.

RULES 

Spoiler: Highlight to view

• 6 tournaments for you to earn points in each, between November 15 - December 6.
  • You don't have to play in every tournament.
  • The top 3 with the most points will win a prize!
  • This is for premium members ONLY!
  • You are not allowed to play with the same partner in both 2v2 and 4v4. So if I play with Tranquillity. in 2v2 I cannot be with him in the 4v4. (this includes second accs)
  • General rules are the same as normal tournaments (e.g. here - under RULES

TOURNAMENT FORMAT 

Tournament #1: 2 vs 2, Items: Thin, 15th of November 2015, 20:00 CEST

Tournament #2: FFA, Items: Red Speed, 21st of November, 20:00 CEST

Tournament #3: 1 vs 1, Items: Green Speed, 22nd of November 2015, 20:00 CET

Tournament #4: 4 vs 4, Items: Corner, 28th of November 2015, 20:00 CET

Tournament #5: 1 vs 1, Items: None, 2nd of December 2015, 20:00 CET

Tournament #6: FFA, Items: Special, 6th of December 2015, 20:00 CET

These days have been chosen according to the available moderators. 

Your task is to collect as much points as possible. For winning a tournament you (and your teammates) will receive an amount of points. 

FFA Tournaments

1st Place: 10 Points, 2nd Place: 8 Points, 3rd Place: 6 Poins, 4th Place: 4 Points, 5th - 8th Place: 2 Points, 9th - 16 th Place: 1 Point

1v1 Tournaments

1st Place: 10 Points, 2nd Place: 8 Points, 3rd Place: 6 Points, 4th Place: 4 Points, 5th-8th Place: 2 Points, 9th-16th Place: 1 Point

2v2 Tournament

1st Place: 10 Points, 2nd Place: 7 Points, 3rd Place: 4 Points, 4th Place: 2 Points, Quarter-Finalist losers: 1 Point

4v4 Tournament

1st Place: 10 Points, 2nd Place: 7 Points, 3rd Place: 4 Points, 4th Place: 1 Point

The player, which has collected the most points after the six tournaments, will receive a special exclusive title and one year Premium. The second and third placed will also receive Prizes.

So everyone get ready for some fun and compete to win the Curve Olympic Gold!!

Regards,

Marloesvr

Clan: SKT

4v4 thin and 2v2 corner :p no 3v3?

Champion

The tournaments look very nice. I would have put corner to 2v2 and thin to 4v4 though. But this is also good because there are all kind of game types.

Champion

Nice tournament, but I would suggest to start off with a 1v1 tourney because last tourney was team 2v2. :)

So the 2 1v1 tourneys won't be so close together. -> switch tourney #1 with tourney #2

and I think it's also more popular to play 2v2 corner than 4v4 ...

and I think the rule with "blabla you can't play with same team mate" is bad...

Regards, Anna / Yellow.'

Champion

* edit

I meant: switch tourney #1 with tourney #3 not #2 =)

Haru. †'s picture
Champion
Clan: Sora

Why did you remove 3vs3 for one more 1vs1? Imo it would make more sense to include every mode that is available to play (1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4 and FFA).

I would suggest: 3vs3 Green Speed for 1vs1 Green Speed.

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

@Haru.: Because there are going to be 2 1v1 events, 2 FFA events and 2 team events. This way team experts are not going to run away with the tournament. It also allows simple introduction of the no 2v2 and 4v4 rule. 

There has been a very mixed opinion of the exact format, both positive and negative. We can't please everyone so things will remain as they are for now. We shall see where things stand closer to the first tournament date.

ffa eu top 1.2%
team eu top 20%
Clan: KOLL

theRealMadridcf wrote:

The tournaments look very nice. I would have put corner to 2v2 and thin to 4v4 though. But this is also good because there are all kind of game types.

There is already a 2vs2 corner clantournament this month. Maybe a bit weird to play 4vs4 corner instead of prefered thin, but 2 times 2vs2 corner within the same week would be worser imo.

~~signature~~

My time:

1v1 and ffa=u win alone so there should be more ffa ans 1v1 than teams games Haru.

Clan: miss

I will sign in, then I can focus some players

Maderator Alan joined the room

FFA : 2079 / TEAM : 2038 / 1v1 1700

Champion
ffa eu top 2.1%
1v1 eu nr. 63
team eu nr. 1
Clan: NO2

No thin ffa or 3v3 or 4v4= boring speed olympics ill pass

Champion
ffa eu top 2.1%
1v1 eu nr. 63
team eu nr. 1
Clan: NO2

Would be nice if I could edit my post, but since I cant ill post again.

If you want to show all around skill with this setup, it would be more optimal to make the thin and corner games ffa aswell, or make it 4v4 thin, 2v2/3v3 corner if you want to have 2 team tournaments at least make it 3v3 to involve some type of teamplay lol. There are 6 tournaments here, you cant ruin the pattern of the olympics because 1 tournament is coming in a few months lol.

InTheBlueSky's picture

Wednesday 2nd of December ? Why not Sunday of Saturday? 

InTheBlueSky's profile on curvefever

ffa eu top 23%

The Final FFA round should be thin 

Teaa's picture
ffa eu top 2.2%

@InTheBlueSky - there is something called like "sinterklaas" in Netherlands, i think because of it
Edit: it is on 5th of december which is saturday and yeah

Edited by: 
Teaa on 5 November, 2015 - 08:33

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Miao.-. †'s picture

the unconvential choice of setups is indeed quite interesting.. but why are the 1v1 items so normal?

?

less than 10% of the ffa n team games are played with such setup while more than 90%? of the 1v1 games r played with speed or none. Replace the 1v1 gspeed with something like 1v1 no border or 1v1 reverse would be more fair to the conventional ffa & team players (=majority of the community) :)

Haru. †'s picture
Champion

Tranquility. wrote:

@Haru.: Because there are going to be 2 1v1 events, 2 FFA events and 2 team events. This way team experts are not going to run away with the tournament. It also allows simple introduction of the no 2v2 and 4v4 rule. 

There has been a very mixed opinion of the exact format, both positive and negative. We can't please everyone so things will remain as they are for now. We shall see where things stand closer to the first tournament date.

And now the experts of weird items are running away. 4vs4 Corner (lol), Red Speed FFA, Green Speed 1vs1 (Speed is the only item which is 2x times in) and as a final a FFA Special. 

Tranquility. †'s picture

There is no final. It is 6 tournaments and the person with the most points wins.

Champion
ffa eu top 8.3%
1v1 eu top 8.1%

Just lol ... As Haru said .. ''4vs4 Corner (lol), Red Speed FFA, Green Speed 1vs1 (Speed is the only item which is 2x times in) and as a final a FFA Special. '' +1 ... epic ... Why can't we vote for items and for game type too..?This month is 2v2 corner clan tournament...so what..there are just 4 teams at clan tournament xd ... Change corner 4v4 and thin 2v2 OR corner 4v4 and special FFA...I think those tournaments are funny,on bad way.. you got 10+ suggestions on last post for tornaments , and you pick one what is not even suggested , and it ___ ohhh..

I'll post my suggestion here again..its not best suggestion..but its better and i think more players will agree with that .. and again , you should make topic about tournament suggestions..

Tour#1 – 1vs1, Items:None

Tour#2 – FFA,Items:Special

Tour#3 – 4vs4, Items:Thin

Tour#4 – FFA, Items:Corner

Tour#5 – 2vs2,Items:Speed

Tour#6 – FFA,Items:Thin

I'm still on that, there should be more FFA games! becouse most of us can't find team for olympics, and ffa we can play everytime... 

Skorch's picture
Clan: Ice

Kizza's idea is just the best idea. 

"

Tour#6 – FFA,Items:Thin "

Change the current games into  this one, please!

Champion

Tour#6 – FFA,Items:Basic

Skorch's picture

Yes, basic is also an option since it's in none of the games. 

Champion

OR

Tour#4 – 1v1, Items:Corner / funny 1v1

Tour#6 – FFA,Items:Basic

Champion

ok guys nvm my first comments:

take THIS:

Tour#1 – 1vs1, Items: NONE

Tour#2 – FFA,Items: RED SPEED

Tour#3 – 4vs4, Items: THIN

Tour#4 – 1v1, Items: GREEN SPEED

Tour#5 – 2vs2,Items: CORNER

Tour#6 – FFA,Items: BASIC

Tranquility. †'s picture

Guys everybody has a different opinion. Unfortunately we can't do them all. It was decided the Olympics will be 3 game modes (2 tournaments for each) with 6 varied powerup settings. No 2 games are the same.

Marloes will spend A LOT of her time organising this. Please don't make things harder than they should be. We hope you all can play :)

Btw just for a heads up...I might do a World Cup and a "Powerup carnage" competition at the start of 2016 :o but more details will follow after the Olympics ;)

Skorch's picture

Hey Tranquility., 

May I know who picked these current items?

Champion

Making 3 FFA tournaments would mean the winner doesn't have to have any 1v1 skills. The current plan has the best game modes as it has all 6 most played items and 2 of each game type: 1v1, ffa and team.

It could be 2v2 corner and 4v4 thin, but otherwise it is almost as good as possible. Or corner could be 1v1 and green speed 2v2.

Red speed ffa and green speed 1v1/team are so much different that it's good to have them both. Corner, none and thin are at least as much same. If one says that green speed and red speed are speed games, it can be said that there are 3 surviving items, 2 speed items and 1 special. So it is pretty good as it is now. This would probably the best to determine the winner:

Tour#1 – 1vs1, Items: GREEN SPEED

Tour#2 – 2vs2,Items: CORNER

Tour#3 – FFA, Items: RED SPEED

Tour#4 – 1v1, Items: NONE

Tour#5 – 4vs4, Items: THIN

Tour#6 – FFA,Items: SPECIAL

This is almost same as the current plan. So the current plan is very good. It shows skills of every game type and all items. It would be worse if there was some item more times because then it would benefit players who are good only with that item. The winner has to be good with all items.

Tranquility. †'s picture

@Skorch - the system (format, points, rules) were designed by Marloes and I (with feedback from the other mods). Marloes made the final decisions as it is her tournament.

Haru. †'s picture
Champion

Let's just play how it is now. 2vs2 Corner is worse than 4vs4 Corner, I'm pretty sure. 

Video Games †'s picture
Clan: Anet

Where can i sign up?

Tranquility. †'s picture

Each tournament will have a sign-up topic - see the dates in the first post.

Skorch's picture

But, I'm sure marloes won't even play (nothing bad against her), we (players of curve fever) will play it. So wouldn't it be better to let us decide? Maybe ask for people their opinions, making a poll with everyone's opinion, and the best one with the most votes will be choosen. I think it's better than this, and I know its marloes her tournament and she maybe wants it like this, but its for our joy. 

Tranquility. †'s picture

As you can see above and in other topics, pretty much everyone has a different opinion because they like different things. Someone needs to step in and make the format and say this is what it will be. This is the role of tournament moderators! 

Let's not go off-topic too much though. Feel free to send me a private message if you wanna discuss more :)

ffa eu top 1.4%
team eu top 40%
Clan: Rock

Guys,

I understand that there are complains, but i can't make an tournament that will be in favour of everybody.

I've made a schedule according to what i saw in the topic in which i asked for suggestions. Everytime that i make a schedule or something else will there  be complains and people who will be happy with it. I try to make the best of it, but i cant keep everybody happy and people will always be mad. So i understand that you might not like the schedule etc this time, but i cant keep everybody happy, im sorry, but i this is how the olympics of 2015 are gonna be played.  I've also had a lot of compliments for this schedule, so its not like nobody is unhappy with this.

I know its not personal (or maybe it is), but it's just impossible to make something that every single player will like. And yes i will play the tournament myself and i didnt even make it the way i would like to see. Ive made it according to what other people said and not how i would like to see it.

If you have suggestions for how i can organize tournaments (and olympics) in a better way, just send me a private message, i'm always open for suggestions as i've said a lot of times before.

Champion

marloesvr wrote:

Guys,

I understand that there are complains, but i can't make an tournament that will be in favour of everybody.

I've made a schedule according to what i saw in the topic in which i asked for suggestions. Everytime that i make a schedule or something else will there  be complains and people who will be happy with it. I try to make the best of it, but i cant keep everybody happy and people will always be mad. So i understand that you might not like the schedule etc this time, but i cant keep everybody happy, im sorry, but i this is how the olympics of 2015 are gonna be played.  I've also had a lot of compliments for this schedule, so its not like nobody is unhappy with this.

I know its not personal (or maybe it is), but it's just impossible to make something that every single player will like. And yes i will play the tournament myself and i didnt even make it the way i would like to see. Ive made it according to what other people said and not how i would like to see it.

If you have suggestions for how i can organize tournaments (and olympics) in a better way, just send me a private message, i'm always open for suggestions as i've said a lot of times before.

ok but, why does it start with 2v2? we just had 2v2 tourney.........

should be at least

1v1

2v2

ffa

4v4

1v1

ffa

so its more mixed up.. and not so fast 1v1 again (2 weeks after o.o)

Pjush's picture
Champion
Clan: HC

Why does the moderators always decide things themselves? I thought the players opinion are a lot more important than the staffs. Why cant there be a poll, as last year, for which items pr. mode? You see there are a lot of complains about your choise of setup, why dont you do anything about it? I also see that you are very convinced about the fact that you want different powerups for each tournament, but why dont you make different modes too? Why twice 1v1, when under 20% of the players plays this regularly? Just add 3v3 instead of another 1v1, that is just soooo incredibly unnecessary.

The best set-up in my opinion would be this:

Tour#1 – 1vs1, Items: GREEN SPEED

Tour#2 – 2vs2,Items: NONE

Tour#3 – FFA, Items: RED SPEED

Tour#4 – 3v3, Items: CORNER

Tour#5 – 4vs4, Items: THIN

Tour#6 – FFA,Items: SPECIAL

Furthermore, try to listen to your players and not your own egoism in future decisions.

Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

Omg pls just stop complaing once about what the moderators are doing. Be happy they even make a big tourny like this and dont complain about everything they do. I dont see any Problem in this tourny. Stop this stupid complains now and enjoy the olympics

Pju ♥

pjush  players opinions aren't same everyone want sth diffrent :D Dont listen to ppl moderators,because if u will olympics will be probably broken...

Pjush's picture
Champion

Why dont you take this tournament ''Tournament #5: 1 vs 1, Items: None, 2nd of December 2015, 20:00 CET'' on 29th November or 5th December instead?

Video Games †'s picture
Clan: Anet

volpex wrote:

pjush  players opinions aren't same everyone want sth diffrent :D Dont listen to ppl moderators,because if u will olympics will be probably broken...

If Moderators would make a Straw Poll and the majority votes the same, how is it "everyone sth different"?

Skorch's picture

Pjush wrote:

Why dont you take this tournament ''Tournament #5: 1 vs 1, Items: None, 2nd of December 2015, 20:00 CET'' on 29th November or 5th December instead?

ON 5 december they have to celebrate something in the netherlands, idk it isn't something that the whole world does, thats what i heard, something like santa

sam_pum's picture
Champion
team eu top 9.6%
Clan: Jeff

Belgium also does it, but here it is for kids who are max 10 years old. It is very cute :)

My name is Jeff.

Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

For kids max 10, expect sam he is special *o*

Pju ♥

Pjush's picture
Champion

So why dont you move the tournament to 29th November?

Tranquility. †'s picture

We do not want 2 consecutive FULL weekends of Curve Fever tournaments. It is too stressful for moderators and it's not fair on players who want to do things at the weekend.

The dates and format are set, please plan for these dates if you wish to play!

could you please make better prizes. Better icon is needed :d

Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

The last tournament Special FFA is Special yea, ill suggest 20/25 without the last row because i saw some player getting a lot of framelags with closing walls, cheese etc.

Pju ♥

Champion

It would be better if the red speed tournament was 100% item drop. Red speed players always play it like that because it shows more speed skills. With 100% a couple of red speeds spawn early in the round and there is more strategy to try to pick them or not to pick, and also more space to survive with red speeds, which makes it more skillful game than with lower percent. With lower percent its more about making a big space in the beginning and there is less space left when the red speeds are picked. Then it's more about the luck who gets the speeds. If it is 100% then it doesn't matter much if you don't get speeds in a round because you can easily survive 2 speeds or survive long with 3 speeds and get even 7 points. If the speeds come later then there isn't so good chance to survive. Even with 100% it is rare that there come 4+ speeds at the same time and even in those rounds it's still about skill to get more points than others who also don't get speeds.

For people who don't know much about red speed strategies smaller percent might look better. But if you ask red speed players, they would say they prefer 100%