You are here

Curve Fever 1on1 Spring Cup 2016

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Helios3210's picture
Clan: SLO
Curve Fever 1on1 Spring Cup 2016

HI,

I really hope I am not breaking any of your rules by posting this as ESL is hosting a cup there on the 11th April 2016 starting at 20:00 CET for Curve Fever. Make sure you signup and show us your skills! Top3 winners get premium on ESL which ofcourse requires an account, but making one is no big deal! ;)

See here: http://play.eslgaming.com/fungames/pc/curvefever/open/1on1-spring-cup-2016/

Game link: http://curvefever.com/play2.php

Regards,

exzz

team eu top 19%
Clan: Boss

I used to play CS 1.6 on ESL long time ago, but now is CS:GO famous which I don't play. Ehh nostalgic. 11th april (my bro's bday date) :D

I did register btw. GL HF :D 

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

Nope, no rules broken! You may proceed.

I may enter actually, I forgot about the ESL tournaments :D

Nice!

Is there a limit to how many people can signup?

Helios3210's picture

I'm happy to see some of you signing up for this cup. Never played csgo myself, but lets give curve fever a try again. Think 32 or more can play.

Clan: JSJP

I am in, but I don' t know where to play it! In this server or in ESL? And what is ESL?

Helios3210's picture

ESL is a league where people play games. Curve Fever is being played here: http://curvefever.com/play2.php

Tranquility. †'s picture

It's played normally on Curve Fever Jaan. You just post the results on the ESL website. You should read the rules though, as they are a bit weird :p

team eu top 14%

first who reaches 10 points wins the game.

I hope you know some games go over 10 points as you have to win the game with 2 points difference.

Place Premium & Award
 1. 3 months   Premium + Spring Cup Award*
 2. 2 months   Premium
 3. 1 month   Premium**

(*) at least 16 Players/Teams
(**) at least 8 Players/Teams 

Premium is only buyable with 3 months or 12 months if I am not mistaken.

The winner of the Spring tournaments will receive the Spring Award on his player or team profile.

Is this a on the ESL profile?

All players have to take a screenshot of the final result and save the replay. If any irregularities (like timeouts or disconnects) occur, a screenshot has to be taken.
It's enough if only one of the players uploads the matchmedia as long as in the end at least one correct screenshot is uploaded within 24 hours.

Why a screenshot? Isn't it way more easy to work with matchlinks of the match

Spectators are only allowed if both participants agree to this within the match comments.

Players can always join and spectate during the games. 

You have to check the settings before showing your opponent that you are ready. Once the game is running there is no way to protest for wrong match settings.

Does that mean we can play other settings when both players allow this?

4.1. Penalty Point Catalogue

In general, a player and the team can receive up to 6 penalty points per match, unless a single violation has a higher punishment. A team is only punished once per violation, regardless of how many players. Where a player or team receives penalty points for multiple violations, the penalty points are added together.

Rule violation Number of penalty points
General
No show Team: 3; Player: 2
Reject compulsory challenge Normal: 1 Intense (top 10): 2
Abort match Player / Team: 4
Use of ineligible player
Inactive barrage Player / Team: 3
Barraged Player / Team: 6
Unregistered player Player / Team: 3
Missing Premium (where required) Player / Team: 3
Missing Trusted (where required) Player / Team: 3
Ringer/Faker Player / Team: 6
Playing with wrong gameaccount Player / Team: 3
Playing without a registered gameaccount Player / Team: 3
Unsportsmanlike behaviour
Multiple/Fake accounts Warning / 1-3 penalty points
Faking country/nationality Warning / 1 / 2 / 3 penalty points
Deception Player / Team: 1 - 4
Fake result Player / Team: 4
Fake match media Player / Team: 6
Fake match Player / Team: 6
Cheating Player: 12 / Team: 6 

I have so many questions here like cheating, how can you cheat? And what will the penalty points do, where will they be used for? They seem useless.

I know you asked to write a support ticket for questions about the rules but this belongs to every player who might want to sign up.

team eu top 14%

ignore the premium part i thought this was about premium for curve fever.

Helios3210's picture

First player to 10 rounds = win. There are matches where you make it 12:10 or such, but sooner or later someone will win by two rounds. ;)

Yes you have to make an account and register your Curve Fever ingame name as the Gameaccount which shouldn't take long.

Score screenshot is one of the very few real reasons to prove the score.

Doubt there will be any spectators since you usually play 1v1, you can even pick up to 2 max players in room only ofcourse.

Main settings are: Field Size: Scaling | PowerUps: Basic

Premium is something ESL has for their special players.

Incred's picture
Champion
team eu top 16%

ESL tournaments are a joke - stop advertising here. Last time I played two 700's made it to the finals because they avoided everyone and had connections with the ESL moderators. Stupid. Never again. Waste of time.

Helios3210's picture

There is no way you can have so called connections with admins which you said as people do not involve into the cup. You enter score manually with a score screenshot ofcourse and both players have to agree to it or a protest is being open. But sure do as you wish.

team eu top 14%

First player to 10 rounds = win. There are matches where you make it 12:10 or such, but sooner or later someone will win by two rounds

I don't want to be that person but your rule clearly says, first who reaches 10 points wins the game. So if my opponent is winning 9-10 and I make it 12-10.my opponent should win according to your rules.

Score screenshot is one of the very few real reasons to prove the score.

Here, I introduce you to the match link of a game --> http://curvefever.com/achtung/match/32946439

Doubt there will be any spectators since you usually play 1v1, you can even pick up to 2 max players in room only ofcourse.

What? i was just saying that players can join and spectate while the game has already been started, this means your rule about the spectotors is useless.

Main settings are: Field Size: Scaling | PowerUps: Basic

You clearly didn't answer my question. I asked if it was allowed to play other setting if both players agree to this. answer with yes or no plz.

Incred's picture
Champion
team eu top 16%

Well man, my experience with ESL tournaments has been horrible. If I remember correctly, both finalists reached the final round without playing a single game. I wish Florforian still frequented the forum. Me and him should've played in the finals. Instead some 700's avoided us and somehow got into the final round.

Tranquility. †'s picture

As far as I remember there were indeed problems with ESL tournaments. I foreseeen Incred's story actually. But nevertheless I'm gonna try and beat it! As a moderator here, if they screw me over then I will not be leaving a nice review for their tournaments - run it properly or not at all.

Papillon. their rules are very vague. They pretty much put all trust in the players, which is not really the best idea. If you get to 10-9 in front and take a screenshot then yes you should go through. But a fair person wouldn't do that. Also if the host selects a power-up setting and it is wrong, and the other user starts the game, then the host has the right to play it. They have no way of proving what power-ups were used if someone doesn't take screenshots.

Long story short - take all the evidence you can whether you play or don't play a match. 

Helios3210's picture

I'm not an admin there, just a regular player who wants to have some people playing the cup.

- First to 10 is the main thing, but ofcourse like in many other games you need 2rounds difference atleast.

- I know that we can see results via match link, but screenshot is a must apparently there.

- These game settings have to be followed I guess.

You cannot claim a win at 10-9 since the game itself will force you to play atleast another round and you have no time to take a picture meanwhile.

Implex's picture
Clan: vS

I hope it wont be a disaster

Will all games be played on the 11th April?

I think the people who created the rules forgot about the point that the game isnt over at 10 points if the opponent doesnt have 2 points difference

Helios3210's picture

Yes all matches have to be done on the 11th of April. Okay I don't get it a tiny bit why you people make this 10 points victory such big a deal out of it -.-

These curve fever matches take up to 5minutes max if you don't delay it for unknown reasons.

So do you need an account for posting results there?

So do you need an account for posting results there?

Tranquility. †'s picture

Hey Helios,

It's a general thing that some people will use anything they can to screw the system. We learned that in official CF tournaments ;) That's why all rules should be non-debatable! 

I know you're not the admin :D I hope the tournament is nice

Biatch3s's picture
Clan: 94

Winner of 2014 is in too :)

Helios3210's picture

Yes, you need an account for it.

oldghz †'s picture
Champion

lets rock n roll bby

Give up is not an option for me

Winner wins ESL premium, which is pretty useless unless you play ESL regularly with another game. More of an advertising for ESL.. 

Prefer the tournaments here, agree with Incred, many people abuse ESL because they know moderators, that used to happen alot back in my days too.

Helios3210's picture

As expected esl admins are inactive and not accepting scores where one of the players failed to accept the score or add any at all. This way cup got only delayed. gg

Voyager1's picture

That was good a opportunity :D

Voyager1

Helios3210's picture

There is a date set for each match till when it has to be played. If your opponent isn't showing up till then, add default win = 1:0.

I hate the fact admins aren't doing their job too. -.-''

Incred's picture
Champion
team eu top 16%

And this is why you shouldn't advertise any ESL tournaments here. Cuz they suck m8

Helios3210's picture

Yeah clearly, but I wanted to have as many people as possible since I like the game a lot 1v1.

well... one day i have win match on ESL 12:10

Calmy's picture

My opinion is exactly the same as Incred.

Don't join this competition, admin are not involved at all.

The only one tournament I played in ESL at curvefever, I reached the final by playing very hard games and then I have lost the final because my oponent never showed up, does it make sense? Just check my profil at ESL (Calmy), you will see by ourself (http://play.eslgaming.com/fungames/pc/curvefever/open/1on1-winter-cup-20... )

It's sad that one of the msot famous video game platform doesn't pay attention for some online game like Curve Fever and do real good job for CSS,...

~Keep Calm & Relax

Helios3210's picture

Well yeah I agree admins are terrible at their job, but then again you only won two matches with ingame score which is mooh to brag around here and probably noshowed the final match. Peace!

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 27 April, 2016 - 09:45

So did this tournament take place?

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

Helios3210's picture

Yeah it is being played right now.

team eu top 19%

Shame on you Helios3210...we made a deal that I will wait you till tuesday, because you'll be busy with your college, and you did this...dunno what you thought, but I'm not blind or stupid to see this BS.

I'm out, ESL is BS. kkbb

Helios3210 you lack organisational skills. Get a job

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

Helios3210's picture

I was telling the truth when I wanted to play it on Tuesday, but I mooh up. Sorry. The cup itself was kind of a joke.

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 9 June, 2016 - 10:03