You are here

CFPro - November 2018 Tournament -

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 26%
team eu top 4.9%
Clan: Nub
CFPro - November 2018 Tournament -

Hey there CF2 community,

As some of you may know I am the Curve Fever Pro Tournament Moderator. Some of you will have seen me around in CF2 (usually trolling) and some might have seen me in CFPro under the username "OwI".

This month the official CFPro tournament is something a little more like CF2 and CF3. There is no stealing allowed so it will allow players to show off their control of their curve. The requirements for the tournament are at least 2 non-attacking powerups (which you can get after literally 1 or 2 games xD) or if you wanted to try playing with "thin" you might want to get a lvl 7 ship (about 20 matches and a couple of days of crates).

If anyone from CF2 is interested in participating in this tournament, please do, it would be awesome to see how cf2 players play vs cfpro players in this month's gamemode which kinda fits in between the 2 games' styles - its all about survival - no stealing points and random -50 points in the last round - but you have different graphics, a different sized gamefield, and a different way of using powerups to your normal cf2 tournament.

Don't worry if you think this is going to replace your normal monthly CF2 tour - its not! It will be on Sunday 25th November.

Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://forum.curvefever.pro/t/official-stealing-is-illegal-5-player-ffa-november-25th-20-00-cest/2639?u=owl
BrokenBowl Smile

ffa eu top 2.7%
1v1 eu top 38%
team eu top 56%
Clan: Vito

Interesting, but this is a CF2 forum, but good luck Biggrin (not judging you btw)

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 26%
team eu top 4.9%

I know. Just thought that since it was a couple of cf2 players who suggested this gamemode to me, I would post about it here as well as on the cfpro forum as there might be a couple of players who are interested. Who knows? Maybe noone is? Maybe loads are?

ffa eu top 2.7%
1v1 eu top 38%
team eu top 56%
Clan: Vito

Ah, sorry. Did not know players that came from CF2 suggested the game mode. My apology. 

ffa eu nr. 65
1v1 eu top 4.9%
team eu top 2.1%
Clan: pyr

You're a moderator? lmao. Geert knows even less what he is doing than I thought.

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 26%
team eu top 4.9%
Daresco wrote:

You're a moderator? lmao. Geert knows even less what he is doing than I thought.

Yes, moderators need to be able to ignore at least 3 sarcastic comments before they start targeting their teammates in game, making their team lose. Blum 3

Champion
ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu top 5.2%
team eu nr. 17
Clan: NO2

Please do not post about other games on our forums. The big button that says "try our new version" ingame is more than enough, we don't need CFPoop spam on our forums aswell.

ffa eu top 0.7%
team eu nr. 50
Clan: KOLL

BrokenBowl wrote:

Yes, moderators need to be able to ignore at least 3 sarcastic comments before they start targeting their teammates in game, making their team lose. Blum 3

Worth quoting, nice statement Biggrin

Nitrogen Dioxide wrote:

Please do not post about other games on our forums. The big button that says "try our new version" ingame is more than enough, we don't need CFPoop spam on our forums aswell.

Now back to the topic, I have to say that this is the first acceptable cfpro advertisement I've seen so far. Not trying to convince the players to completly leave this game and switch or an annoying ingame banner(even tho it's the same gamegroup, doesn't this count as advertisement = should be deleted for premiums?!!). It's just an invitation to play this one tournament and I think thats ok.

Wish you good luck with the tournament, maybe some plays show interest.

~~signature~~

My time:

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 26%
team eu top 4.9%

Its not an ad, its an invitation. If you don't want to come then fine.

I play both CFP and CF2 and I enjoy both games. I personally want CFPro to include more elements of cf2 such as pure survival modes and if this month's tournament is a success it will hopefully help the devs to see the need to diversify gamemode options such as games where you don't steal points so pathfinding and curve control are key. Since the beginning of the game, there have been many changes and it no longer looks at all like it did at the beginning - there is potential to change the game further.

If you don't want to have that impact, try to influence the way the new CF game turns out or even try out the new game, then fine. I'm not fussed. I am still gonna offer that opportunity to other CF2 players who have accepted that CF2 will die out with Flash and still want to play Curve Fever in the future.

TY Nowodny :) 

ffa eu top 2.3%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 4.7%
Clan: inge

im out - thank you

ffa eu top 2.3%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 4.7%

[/quote]

Now back to the topic, I have to say that this is the first acceptable cfpro advertisement I've seen so far. Not trying to convince the players to completly leave this game and switch or an annoying ingame banner(even tho it's the same gamegroup, doesn't this count as advertisement = should be deleted for premiums?!!). It's just an invitation to play this one tournament and I think thats ok.

Wish you good luck with the tournament, maybe some plays show interest.

[/quote]

nobody will show interest

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 26%
team eu top 4.9%

2 pms about the tournament so far Smile

For real though, if you aren't interested just don't comment xD

Champion
ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu top 5.2%
team eu nr. 17

BrokenBowl wrote:

I am still gonna offer that opportunity to other CF2 players who have accepted that CF2 will die out with Flash and still want to play Curve Fever in the future.

Pretty negative thing to say when you are trying to convince others to play your game. I am finding it hard to believe you actually enjoy CF2 with this comment in combination with the way you talked negatively about CF2 on your own moderator introduction topic. 

I also don't think deleteing other's posts is necessary, but appreciate you guys restoring my post. We want as many people on our version of the game as we can, and it is only fair for us to be able to express it on our version of the game's forum. If curvefever pro is the future why are you being so desperate here?

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 26%
team eu top 4.9%

I enjoy playing CF2 for the game itself and for the competition. There are things I like about the cf2 community too, however its hard to love it when for the first couple of months of playing the game, I was kicked out of almost every room I tried to enter since noone knew me, and I was targetted and sworn at for "greeding" while I tried to figure out the game mechanics and strategy. Like I get it and when I'm not trolling I don't play like that any more, but it still leaves a bitter taste.

As for the comment about CF2 dying out, yes it was harsh. It is also true. Believe me when I say I'm also kinda sad about that.

I also think that its fine to want people to stay playing CF2. I also think its sad that so many of the best cf2 players are leaving the game, so I completely understand you expressing that. I'm not being desperate - I'm just offering the CF2 community the opportunity to try something new. I don't mind if you want people to continue playing cf2, but please don't actively discourage players from trying out a new game for a couple of hours. 

And if you insist on calling it desperation, then consider it as such: I want cfpro to be a game that any cf player, be that someone from CF2, CF3 or Cfpro, can enjoy. I know that there's things like the graphics which a lot of cf2 players can't get behind, but that's all that's left. Turn radius is the same for all curves, holes are random, walls are closed and in the upcoming tournament, there won't be any points stealing meaning that the points are done similar to cf2 as well. I know this still isn't enough for a lot of you who love cf2 as it is (minus server lag), but maybe for some this is enough. When the CF2 community as a whole actively discourages this it prevents that from happening. And that sucks.

ffa eu top 2.1%
1v1 eu top 6.5%
team eu top 32%
Clan: Boss

i will play

MEOW

Champion
ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu top 5.2%
team eu nr. 17

I called the deleting of posts agreeing with me desperation, but yes the "invitation" is also desperate. Geert comes into random games asking how he can make CFP better, and sticks a giant button to go to CFP? CF3 died because it's a bad copy of an established game, and CFP is no different. CF2 is the better game, and as long as it's here it will have more players online than the copies even with no promotion for years. Devs would have been better off trying to create something new and unique for their new company. If CF2 dies before HMG bankrupts, a few will move to CFP but the majority will just find a better game and HMG will never break even on Curvefever 3+ Curvefever Pro, this is also harsh but true.

Champion
team eu nr. 2

+1

Champion
team eu nr. 2

Nitrogen Dioxide wrote:

+1

ffa eu top 2.3%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 4.7%

Geert fucked it all up for himself. I've set up numerous topics relating to setting up CF2 ReMastered. It is his last chance for success. Once flash dies, Geerts 7 years of Curve Fever are gone. Curve Fever pro will never succeed, the initial excitement for kids shooting lasers at each other will die out to most people and it certainly is not like CF2. 

I am going to be brutally honest here. It is game over for Geert if he doesnt make CF2 ReMastered. Geert, do you truly want to waste what you have created? Stop now and think... think for a moment.. why is my community telling me for years that this is the best game ever?... because IT IS the best game ever. YOU HAVE TO CREATE CF2 on a new engine. YOU HAVE TO GEERT. 

Stop CFPRO IT WONT WORK. 

patrick_0707's picture
ffa eu nr. 16
1v1 eu top 2%
team eu nr. 37
Clan: Mr

BrokenBowl wrote:

Its not an ad, its an invitation. If you don't want to come then fine.

An advertisment is a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy. I'd say this huge banner at the start screen makes a good advertisment.

BrokenBowl wrote:

If you don't want to have that impact, try to influence the way the new CF game turns out or even try out the new game, then fine. I'm not fussed. I am still gonna offer that opportunity to other CF2 players who have accepted that CF2 will die out with Flash and still want to play Curve Fever in the future.

There's nothing to influence really. CFP has different core mechanics than CF2. Geert wants lines to shoot projectiles, steal points, vague modules as a monetizing system, and fancy graphics. CF2 is all about basic lines with simple mechanics and basic graphics. Now I could tell Geert on behalf of most CF2 players to delete all the fancy stuff and the shooting, stealing, etc. But we all know it's not going to happen, thus it's really pointless. 

If we talk about potential I think it's obvious that CF2 has the most potency to become a big game again (that it once already was). From the moment that there was announced that flash player doesn't get supported anymore in 2021 (this was announced in July 2017), Geert decided to stop working on bugfixes and was working on CF3, which was gonna be a html5 game. Most of us got really excited and hoped that CF3 would have all the plus sides of CF2, and lags from the client side would be reduced. CF3 had very big expectations and when it was released it honestly felt like Geert was joking with us. He somehow found it necessary to make weird snakeheads (pumpkin, jets, etc.) on the lines which made collisions with other lines feel unfair. Also depending on what line you were using you had different velocities, widths and last the walls were open. I don't know if Geert and his team analysed what made CF2 such a big success, but if they did what a terrible analysis this must have been. It is no surprise that this game didn't meet the expectations of the CF2 players and thus cf3 now no longer exists. Then Geert and his HMG started working on cfpro. You might think it would make sense if you'd listen to the CF2 community and recreate CF2, because it gives you a certain safety if you consider game potential, and then start working from there. In this new CF, there is still enough bugfixes to be done, you could think of a whole new tournament system, and there were a lot of good suggestions on the forum. What I'm trying to point out here is that CF2 was and is not a game that's "completed". CFPro now has higher retention rates compared to CF2, but is that weird? CF2 is a game that's left for dead and CFP receives all promotion. Even this huge banner (and this topic also contributes to that) is trying to get players to play CFP. 

I'd describe CF3 as a "cute attempt" on a new and better Curve Fever and I would describe CFP as a total different game. CF2 and CFP are nonalike, and thus a feeling of being abandonded by the Curve Fever Developer Team dominates for me.

"In a world where everyone wears a mask, it's a privilege to see a soul"