You are here

CF Pro turns into CF2 Remastered?!

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tell why me's picture
Offline
ffa eu nr. 58
1v1 eu top 23%
team eu nr. 34
Clan: ASAP
CF Pro turns into CF2 Remastered?!

Hey

two days ago Geert joined a custom room in curve fever 2 and asked about the "magic of curve fever 2" because he wants to bring that into CF Pro. 

I told him that the competitive part of cf2 is an essential part that makes us addicts play this game 4/20.  But that's by far not all the "magic" of cf2. 

That's why I create this topic, Im gonna collect the best suggestions and post them at the curve fever pro forum (geert doesnt read CF2 forum anymore). So feel free to leave a comment about the essentials of curve fever 2. Im sure they might add them into CF Pro! ;))))))))))

Offline
ffa eu top 27%
team eu top 66%

well he finally admit it that cf 2 is his only succes xd well we basically wanted a curve fever 2 with stuff like new skins and some addition not totally different gameplay tbh why changing sth that is good :O simplicity... its the best and well being fair 700 guy can beat some 2 year old nerd who spents money just by being better not because his ship is stronger Blum 3 not confusing menu, just sell cf 2 to epic games or riot or blizzard pls x)

Offline
ffa eu top 0.6%
1v1 eu top 13%
team eu top 7.6%
Clan: McK

Ok, so first I would like to reply to the title. No, cf pro does not turn into cf2 remastered. It's funny that Geert, the one who created cf2, does not understand the magic of this game at all. He still thinks that there is something in cf2 that he can just add to cf pro. But he can't. The best part of cf2, equal players is already ruined in cf pro.

Now replying to your post, there were many comments which explain pretty well the magic of cf2 here's one of them.

Ultralight Beam wrote:

(Sorry in advance for this messy format. I hope it's not too exhausting to read through.)

It's been 2 years since CF3 came out and it's dead. CFPro is also dead. CF2 has been around for 5 years and still has the biggest playerbase. I think it's time for Geert to swallow his pride and agree that the last two years have been full of mistakes.

Mistakes aren't necessarily bad. Mistakes can be very impactfull once you acknowledge them and learn from it. Now is the time to learn from it.

The most important thing for a game is the community, obviously. The core of players that play alot, come back, invest and really care about the game. In order to get such a core you need to have a innovative and fun game mechanic, which cf2 and cfpro both have.

Next thing is replayability. CF2 does a great job at that because of the high skill ceiling: You play more because you get better, you have more and more "pro" moments which just feel good and give you a sense of progress. Additionally, CF2 is super versatile: You have so many gamemodes you can choose from, so many item combinations etc. The costumization options you can buy with coins are a very nice bonus that will add even more playtime to invested players.

Now what does CFPro have to offer regarding replayability? To be honest it is a mess: Remember that nice bonus i mentioned in the last paragraph? Well CFPro takes this bonus, puts it at the center of the game and makes it so unfair that you are left between the choice to pay money or stop playing. It is a very superficial way to add replayability because unlike CF2 you don't get better out of your own merit, but because you unlock better ships and shots. It totally destroys the skill aspect AND makes new players want to stop playing before they even get to the good part of the game. CFPro had the potential for a skill ceiling but these powers and ships totally nullify it because either:

1. You're a newb and get matched against "pro" players which just make you want to close the game everytime they kill you because it feels so cheap and unfair.

or

2. "Pro" players who get bored because they are matched against newbs who don't stand a chance.

You get killed in CF2: You realize that the other player outsmarted you, made less unnecessary movements and had a plan in mind > you want to get better in order to be as good as them.

You get killed in CFPro: You feel like you haven't had a chance of winning to begin with because the other player has an advantage in every aspect. Even if there was skill involved you don't see it because, again, the other play has an advantage in every aspect.

I get the idea: you start with not much, play against others your rank and slowly get more powerful, get more shots and skills which add variety and fun. But CFPro is just too small of a game for this system. It works on mainstream games, not on niche ones like CF.

 

So, let's get to the point: You left you core of players behind, hoping to create a new core. Well it didn't work in CF3 and it didn't work in CFPro. You didn't have the money for publicity, you are a indie-team that made too many 180 turns these last years for players to want to stick around, you made the games more and more unfair and distanced yourself form you community.

But guess what: The core you left behind to rot in CF2? It's still here! This alone shows how great of a game CF2 is. Even tho it gets more and more bugs, even tho it lags alot, we still love it. And so many players that are gone right now will come back to it because it is a great game and they just need a break.

So I'll say it again: Swallow your pride, realize you did a mistake and come back to us. Just imagine how many players would come back once they heard of a CF2 on a new engine, without bugs and additional mechanics.

Open a crowdfounding account, ask the community to help with this, give everyone who donates some special icon or color once the game is out. Together we can do this! I'll be the first one to chip in.

No matter how many unpleasant choices you've made these last years, we love you for the great game you gave us.

And no matter how little hope your comments on CF2 give us, we are still here hoping.

You are nothing without us just as we are nothing without you, so please come back and let us build something great together.

Offline
Clan: cute

Glad to hear that he asked you I-m so happy

Simplicity and easy access to the game. Simplicity also lets the game run smoother with less lag and bugs, considering that most play on browsers.

Offline
ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 2.8%
team eu top 2.8%
Clan: pyr

I think apart from the competitive part the two most parts are those:

- the simplicity. Everyone understands within 5 seconds how this game is played. No special curves, no "shooting" from your curve, no other added sh it that nobody needs. Just the standard snake game. And added to that...

- the diversity. You can combine all the items to game modes you like. Those like Thin, GS were not created by the developers, they are created by the creativity of the community. There are so many options and still after thousands of games you can experience something new.

Those two aspects combined bring you a simple game with alot of possibilities. Its so simple and still so complex. I think thats what makes the magic of cf2.

 

And I agree with kawp - it says everything that Geert doesnt know that himself. And I also agree that it's not possible to involve that in cf pro. Thats not how the game is created. Everyone is saying it for ages now, a new game which is like cf2 remastered is the only way for Geert to get the "old" players back to this game (and more new players on the game as well).

Offline
ffa eu top 27%
team eu top 66%

change two things graphics and add new fun stuff, just update this game to keep it alive and dont let us play custom rankeds cos good player can win without friends Wink

Neon Dystopia's picture
Offline
ffa eu top 0.4%
1v1 eu top 1.3%
team eu top 1.6%
Clan: cybr

Custom rooms are important. The ability to choose which items spawn, and the ability to see what item it is. Currently, in CF PRO, all you see is dots.

I like the mechanic of each player being able to choose which "powerup" they recieve, however there should be a traditional mode in addition to the standard gamemode, in which all players get the same powerups.

Some of the most prominent powerups should be added to this traditional mode, including Speed, Thin and Corner. I think Geert is trying to avoid doing this, but this is truly the most appealing thing about CF PRO. Each player is on equal grounds, with no variables except skill.

high tech low life

Offline
ffa eu top 27%
team eu top 66%

ye keep custom games but not for ranked :o its fcked up u can choose ur team and be like never losing, doesnt make sense at all. Such team should face the other premade group not ppl randomly in the same team.

Offline
ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 2.8%
team eu top 2.8%
Clan: pyr

Cookie Monsters wrote:

ye keep custom games but not for ranked :o its fcked up u can choose ur team and be like never losing, doesnt make sense at all. Such team should face the other premade group not ppl randomly in the same team.

Still that didn't kill anything of cf2, so I don't think that should be a reason in this topic.

Offline
ffa eu top 57%
1v1 eu top 69%
team eu top 4.5%
Clan: L9

The maker doesn't know what makes his own creation any good. Tragic. CF2 in a nutshell.

unholy''s picture
Offline
ffa eu top 3.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 32%
Clan: 17

I agree with kwap and the quoted Ultralight Beam's post.

unholy''s picture
Offline
ffa eu top 3.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 32%
Clan: 17

I just found an old post from Geert, with the resons for abandoning cf2. It has some valid points, but y'all know I gotta give my two cents on a topic like this ;) 

This is what the post says, and I'm sure most of you have seen it already:

State of Curve Fever 2

We all love Curve Fever 2. It is a great and simple concept, that you can quickly play during a break on schools, or when you are at home. But the game also has some problems, which make the game less fun to immerse into, or to play for a long time. These are the problems we see in Curve Fever 2, that we want to improve in our next installment

1. Repetitive gameplay Let’s face it. Curve Fever is for many the same game, over and over again. Yes, there are powerups, but they are always almost the same set. And from the first time till the 100th time you played the game, the game offers you the same. There is no sense of progression. If you are not blessed with a fantastic index finger and ring finger, than there is no feasible goal you can reach in the long run. We want to give players the possibility to make meaningful long term choices and goals in Curve Fever 3. And we want to give casual players a reason to come back, an ever changing way Curve Fever is played.

2. Content locked away If you read point 1, you might think: “Hey, there is team games, and custom powerup settings, and friends. The game is not repetitive at all!” This is true, but you have to pay to make really use of them. We have met quite some people who love our game, but many don’t know that you can change powerup settings, or that you can play team games. The content is there, but you have to pay for it, making only a small group of people enjoy the most out of Curve Fever. This has to change!

3. Competitive play only interesting for top 200 I personally, love competitive gaming. Therefor we have the - seldomly seen - FFA rankings, and it actually works! But it is not interesting for 99% of our players. They are below 1400 rank, and don’t care what their rank is. Why should they, as they have none to compare with. We have great ideas on how to make ranking and competitive play more interesting for everyone.

4. Social interactions are average at best The friendslist is not a friends list, but a beggars list. People who want to play team games because you bought a premium account. And there is no clear way to solidify your friends group, no group chat or clan chat. In a game that wants to be about social connections, this can be done way better.

 

I'm currently at work right now, so I don't have enough time to comment on this, but I'll do so in my free time later, so stay posted Biggrin

(Edit: I did a bad job with copying the post from the original site, so I went back to fix it. My apologies.)

Tell why me's picture
Offline
ffa eu nr. 58
1v1 eu top 23%
team eu nr. 34
Clan: ASAP

Thank you all for the response. I collected your opinions/suggestions, like I mentioned above and added them into a curve fever pro forum thread...

https://forum.curvefever.pro/t/cf-pro-turns-into-cf2-remastered/2425

 

Sum up

Pros/Cons of CF2

Curve Fever 2 Pro’s (Essential parts of the game)

Simple Layout -> Good Overview for beginners but also simple design that gets likely appreciated by the pro players
Simple Game Mechanics (left, right)
Exact lines that make touching the other line possible, but also taking small gaps or passing thight ways
Competitive Play (-> Progess to get better /Replayability)
Team/1v1/FFA individuality
-> Super Versatile: Many Gamemodes, items
No buyable ingame advantage
Tournaments

Curve Fever 2 Contra’s

Bugs (randomly dying in the “air” caused by the fat item, friendlist bugs, server kicks, etc)
Weak social features (no team chat, no benefits for clans (since clan tournaments stopped) and a bad working in game private chat.
No Support/Updates since 2015 (?) or even longer.
No Benefit for high ranked players
But the most important Contra is, that you have nothing to archieve in this game. Playing against friends/others is basically all you can do.

CFPro Pro’s and Con’s (coming soon)

Offline
ffa eu top 0.6%
1v1 eu top 13%
team eu top 7.6%
Clan: McK

Lol I strongly disagree with your most important Contra. There are pleanty of things that you can achive in this game. Every single win is your achivement, but there are more, you can achive to be high-ranked player, to be in top100, to win torunament, to beat champion. These are the real achivements that counts. Also there are these icons achivements which I've unlocked all except of the world one. But they do not matter. I want to be pro, not to have some fancy achivements. The way you're thinking made devs create these stupid cf3 and cfpro. But what really is needed is to fix bugs and lags on cf2.

Tell why me's picture
Offline
ffa eu nr. 58
1v1 eu top 23%
team eu nr. 34
Clan: ASAP

kwap wrote:

Lol I strongly disagree with your most important Contra. There are pleanty of things that you can achive in this game. Every single win is your achivement, but there are more, you can achive to be high-ranked player, to be in top100, to win torunament, to beat champion. These are the real achivements that counts. Also there are these icons achivements which I've unlocked all except of the world one. But they do not matter. I want to be pro, not to have some fancy achivements. The way you're thinking made devs create these stupid cf3 and cfpro. But what really is needed is to fix bugs and lags on cf2.

Are you a new player in this game? No offense, but for me it seems so.

Why do you think do people leave this game? The bad support? Yea for sure. No more updates? Also, for sure. But most of them left because there is literally nothing to achieve anymore. What you mentioned above are things they've already done. These players won thousand of games already, they have been high ranked for years, which also leads to your next point being in top 100. They also won tournaments, were champions / or clan tournament winners. They've also beaten champions many many times.... What you say are real archievements indeed, but it's just boring if you've done them for hundred times already and those players start to think about why do they always do the same again, when they could just (e.g.) start to play another game?

The players that remain now (in 2018) are the players that like to be high ranked, or like to be champion and still like it after the years. In other words, it's those who always played the game for being just a freaking awesome game, not those who come online for drama, tournaments.. etc. 

Offline
ffa eu top 0.6%
1v1 eu top 13%
team eu top 7.6%
Clan: McK

Lol again.

First If you click on my profile, you will find I out that I'm member in this game for 6 years and 4 months. So I'm not a new player at all. 

Second, most of the champions are still playing, they changed accounts, but are still in the game. And I'm sure that these who decided to leave, wouldn't have stayed because of some fancy achivements. That's pretty obvious. We play for win, and for fun, not to unlock something.

 

Offline
ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 2.8%
team eu top 2.8%
Clan: pyr

Tell why me wrote:

kwap wrote:

Lol I strongly disagree with your most important Contra. There are pleanty of things that you can achive in this game. Every single win is your achivement, but there are more, you can achive to be high-ranked player, to be in top100, to win torunament, to beat champion. These are the real achivements that counts. Also there are these icons achivements which I've unlocked all except of the world one. But they do not matter. I want to be pro, not to have some fancy achivements. The way you're thinking made devs create these stupid cf3 and cfpro. But what really is needed is to fix bugs and lags on cf2.

Are you a new player in this game? No offense, but for me it seems so.

Why do you think do people leave this game? The bad support? Yea for sure. No more updates? Also, for sure. But most of them left because there is literally nothing to achieve anymore. What you mentioned above are things they've already done. These players won thousand of games already, they have been high ranked for years, which also leads to your next point being in top 100. They also won tournaments, were champions / or clan tournament winners. They've also beaten champions many many times.... What you say are real archievements indeed, but it's just boring if you've done them for hundred times already and those players start to think about why do they always do the same again, when they could just (e.g.) start to play another game?

The players that remain now (in 2018) are the players that like to be high ranked, or like to be champion and still like it after the years. In other words, it's those who always played the game for being just a freaking awesome game, not those who come online for drama, tournaments.. etc. 

I disagree. I also don't think that is the game's most contra. As there is an "unlimited" rank-system there is not really a point where you can say "I achieved it all". You can always reach a new rank record, you can always try to get a great win % (thats why so many people do 2nd accs). You can win tournaments ( on different items ). You can try to become pro at some items you aren't already. There are many options. So yeah, maybe some players might feel like that - but I'm sure that this is not the biggest part of the players, and I also think that it is not the biggest contra. The biggest contra imo are defenetely the bugs/lags in this game.

Offline
ffa eu top 0.6%
1v1 eu top 13%
team eu top 7.6%
Clan: McK

Thank you Daresco!

Also Tell why me if you want to know the real reason why ppl leave tha game, I can tell you, because I had a break from this game, and I know ppl who quit playing. The reason why we did this, is actually not related with the game. It wasn't bugs or lags or the boredom. No, we just didn't have time to play because of intence studying.

And yet another thing, when I finally had time to play, before I came back to cf2, I had tried different game with unlocking new levels, powers and so on. I got bored of unlocking after about 1 month, but I continued to play this other game on multiplayer mode, where I was matched to the players on same lvl. But there was another thing that was so frustraiting to me, even though the other players were on my lvl, they had different powers, features, figures and it wasn't equal at all. That was the time when I found out how great cf2 is, because every player is the same. Now I play cf2 again for a few months and I'm not bored at all, and I don't really think I will ever be.

patrick_0707's picture
Offline
ffa eu nr. 22
1v1 eu top 3.8%
team eu nr. 38
Clan: Mr

There is no way to have the magic of CF2 in CF Pro when you decide to change the basic mechanics. Why do lines suddenly have to shoot projectiles and able to steal points or whatsoever? The strength of CF2 is its simplicity. Everyone can play this game without having to follow several tutorials. When I played CF Pro for the first time i had no clue wtf all these lines do and I instantly felt like the players with the upgraded ships or whatever they are called are having a huge advantage. If CF2 got reworked, ofcourse it wont be instantly the cf2 as it is now, but the game has  much potential with the cleen sweep on champion titles etc. CF2 now is not a finished game either. There are a lot of bugs that can be fixed and I think a new tournament system would be a good idea. I don't get why they don't stick to the only succesfull plan, which CF2 was and is.

"In a world where everyone wears a mask, it's a privilege to see a soul"

Offline
ffa eu top 1.6%
1v1 eu top 1.1%
team eu top 5.7%
Clan: Vito

Cfpro more like cfno

White Privilege's picture
Offline
team eu top 33%

I personally think that Geert is a 'pay2win' person. By creating Curve Fever 2 (best version out of all Curve Fever games), Geert succeeded by grabbing player's attention to play the game but then he creates more Curve Fever versions (CF3 and CFP) which are like complete bullcrap. Although Geert is still learning how to develop and make games, I think he should also listen to what the communities of what they want and they gave feedback to Geert, but do they implement them features? No, they don't give a flying f*** about CF2 anymore and thriving CFP by advertising it on a CF2 game, which is bullcrap. So many feedback from players on this forum but no sh** happened since CF3 came out. CF3 and CFP are like the same version but weird, only CF2 has the best outcome of it. Players pay money to buy premium/coins if they really enjoy the game or not but Geert just accepts the money and never listens to the community to help him to implement the features that we want. 
 

I know this my explanation is definitely not true nor false, but it's what I think about the other versions of CF2 and Geert, and I'm sorry for the negativity in this post. 

White Privilege's picture
Offline
team eu top 33%

White Privilege wrote:

 

I know this my explanation is definitely not true nor false, but it's what I think about the other versions of CF2 and Geert, and I'm sorry for the negativity in this post. 

I meant "other versions of Curve Fever", not CF2. 

unholy''s picture
Offline
ffa eu top 3.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 32%
Clan: 17

White Privilege wrote:

Although Geert is still learning how to develop and make games,

You're a joke

White Privilege's picture
Offline
team eu top 33%

I did say my explanation is definitely not true nor false, and it's my opinion of what I think.