You are here

[Cancelled] [Official] Region Cup of 2019!

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu nr. 39
team eu top 17%
Clan: Cali
[Cancelled] [Official] Region Cup of 2019!

Hey curvers!

We have been listening to all feedback we got from the Region Cup 2019. We noticed that after some notices of players it had a few problems and was not perfectly suited for this community. We closed the topic to review the entire event and evaluate it. The plan was to bring a more simple, clear and fun version of this concept. We concluded that shaping this event into a more simple version was too confusing and too much work which would simply make no sense.

That is why myself and noflavor concluded to cancel this event. We tried to rework the event into a better version but it seemed like the best option to cancel it. We want to create events which our community supports and likes to join. That's why we came up with this decision. We will followup on bigger events in the future and these will be reviewed too to avoid any mistakes like this.

Thanks for your attention! ~ Averazon

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu nr. 39
team eu top 17%

I'm in for Northern Europe as a captain. I'm from Estonia

ffa eu top 1%
team eu top 8.2%

Why is Germany not allowed in this tournament?

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu nr. 39
team eu top 17%

My bad, accidentally forgot it! Germany is in Western Europe!

ffa eu top 1.3%
1v1 eu top 40%
team eu top 13%
Clan: RusH

I'm in for Northern Europe. Im from ireland

SnajpeK-'s picture
ffa eu top 1.4%
1v1 eu top 20%
team eu top 7.1%
Clan: Dzik

I'm in for Eastern Europe as a captain. I'm from Poland 

SnajpeK- 

ffa eu top 2.6%
1v1 eu top 49%
team eu top 1.3%
Clan: rekt

Im in for western europe im from germany

ffa eu top 3%
1v1 eu top 59%
team eu top 2.3%

I'm in for USA from USA. Captain only if no one else will.

MrPiter's picture
ffa eu nr. 34
1v1 eu nr. 19
team eu nr. 17

I'm in for Eastern Europe as a captain. I'm from Poland

ffa eu top 7.6%
1v1 eu top 22%
team eu top 28%
Clan: d1

I'm in for Northern Europe. I'm from United Kingdom.

ffa eu top 7.6%
1v1 eu top 22%
team eu top 28%
Clan: d1

Captain if needed. 

Dare Devil's picture
ffa eu top 2.4%
1v1 eu top 7.3%
team eu top 1.4%
Clan: pWn

In for worldwide 2 

I'm daredevil.

Not even god can stop it now...

Efx
ffa eu top 3.8%
1v1 eu nr. 5
team eu top 4.8%

I'm in for Eastern Europe. i'm from Poland

ffa eu top 9.9%
team eu top 45%

I'm in for Eastern Europe. I'm from Russia.

Edited by: 
Misaki Mei on 11 February, 2019 - 21:02
Champion
ffa eu nr. 84
1v1 eu nr. 13
team eu top 5.3%

I'm in for Eastern Europe. Poland

R4W1L's picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 71
1v1 eu nr. 95
team eu nr. 27

This is the most stupid idea for a tour ever. Don't let it end like the last trash experimental tournaments.

Stop this before it's too late.

ffa eu top 0.5%

I agree with the user above, This is a stupid tournament.

With that said, I'm in for Worldwide 2, Australia.

ffa eu top 1.1%
1v1 eu top 43%
team eu top 13%

im in for northern europe. i am from sweden

ffa eu top 3.8%
1v1 eu top 7.3%
team eu top 56%

I'd like to participate for Northern Europe. I am from United Kingdom.

ffa eu top 1.7%
1v1 eu top 36%
team eu top 17%
Clan: rot

I'm in for Eastern Europe. I'm from Czech Republic.

pleiades's picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 13
1v1 eu nr. 33
team eu nr. 2

R4W1L wrote:

This is the most stupid idea for a tour ever. Don't let it end like the last trash experimental tournaments.

Stop this before it's too late.

^

ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu nr. 82
team eu nr. 86
Clan: rOcK

Very nice idea Jaan, keep it up, don't listen to haters!

R4W1L's picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 71
1v1 eu nr. 95
team eu nr. 27

splitting up a game community in 8 parts for a tournament
of which 3 basically aren't existent at all and 2 others neglectable in terms of the amount of high skilled players (lets forget the time difference for now lul).
but all 8 get the same amount of games to play in the tournament

and those players in the groups don't have anything in common besides being located somewhat close to each other on the globe.
and those groups are supposed to decide in one way or the other for 1-4 people to represent and organize their games.
There is no possibility that those captains will be objective to think only for the win of their group or think about every player in their group having equal participation or fun at this event.
Those captains will be popular players who prefer their friends play over players they don't like or non-high skilled players.

This tour will be a shitshow.
West EU won't be able to agree on a captain who organizes the games properly (it's the biggest part of cf but with that also the most diverse one).
Jaan will push and beg people to play for North EU and do anything to make his region win. MrPiter will try his best with East.

This won't be anything besides a tour which only a very small group of people will be able to enjoy and lots of people will be excluded without having the chance to do anything about it.

And I don't even know over how many days Jaan will stretch this tour yet to make the possibility of his region winning even higher, after all he is probably the one who will gain the most in this tour.

This will be the worst tournament in history, anyone who dares to bet against me?

patrick_0707's picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 20
1v1 eu top 1.3%
team eu nr. 77
Clan: Gwen

I'm amazed how Jaan organised soo many tournaments and tried the odds to be in his favour multiple times yet he is not a champion yet. Just saying :). Oh and this is indeed a terrible idea. I already said this, but just stick with one official tournament per month. It is such a weird signal to give to organise more events on a game that is dying/dead. As long as these events are tests then sure, but giving actual champion titles for this.. smh

"In a world where everyone wears a mask, it's a privilege to see a soul"

ffa eu top 1.3%
team eu top 8%
Clan: KOLL

I also agree with the comments above. Worlwide 2, Worldwide 1 got no chance at all, USA and South America got a few good players, but there is absolutely no realistic chance for them to organize a pro-team for each matchday to join the semi-finals, so we are left with the eu-countries. There we got western eu, which collects probably about 50% or more of all (pro-)players, east and south with a solid amount of pros and north(depending how good they organize themself).

So keeping that in mind I just say ty for the free coins. I'll just send a pm to most of the users at my fl to sign-up for the ffa tournament and as it's 99% sure that western europe goes into semi, we receive coins or premium for just showing up. Support that logic :D

Going on to the next, also the players of the other eu countrys got a valid chance that their region goes to top 3, so you have to give prizes to the majority of the participants. And again we have the rule " You do not need to have premium." I love it! Seeing a event where you can win coins/premium every 2nd month, without being premium. It is the best way to tell the people: "Stop buying premium!" Sure we can ignore the fact that a big amount of the premium purchases comes shortly before the official tournaments, but well who cares? Just throw the premium and coins away and take an imporrtant reason to buy premium. Help destroying the lifeensurance of this game.

Well, I think I should stop complaining. My skills are bad, but when I see the structure of this tournament, there are some good chances for me to get a champtitle here. Got enough pros at france, netherlands, germany, austria ... and playing 10% of the games should be possible :D

So good luck and have fun to all players and let the games begin.

NOWODNY2

~~signature~~

My time:

Topic locked