You are here

2015 Curve Fever Tournament Summary

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub
2015 Curve Fever Tournament Summary

Hello Curve Fever community,

Curve Fever hold official tournaments every month for its premium members to give the opportunity of prizes and the exclusive champion title/icon in-game. Year 2015 was an interesting year with as much as 11 new champions being crowned! More details on that towards the end though.

With lots of competition there were 2 stand-out players this year - theRealMadridcf and Gilnash. Their AMAZING skills (and rivalry) are definitely amongst the best Curve Fever has even seen. theRealMadridcf made a big effort in the close of the year to take the November Olympics and the December all-round tournament in dominating fashion. Both players won 4 tournaments in 2015, simply an incredible feat.

There can only be one player of the year though. And despite Real's late efforts that goes to Gilnash! 4 champion titles, 3 second places and 3 third places. theRealMadridcf had 4 wins, 1 second place and 1 third place. Well done Gilnash (and to both really)!

Congratulations to everyone and thank you very much for competing. And also a huge thanks to the tournament moderators who organise these things.

Full tournament summary:

Spoiler: Highlight to view

December all-round: 1st - theRealMadridcf, 2nd - Ascended, 3rd - Genius IQ

Olympics: 1st - theRealMadridcf, 2nd - Yossha, 3rd - Gilnash

October 2v2 speed: 1st - Nick + D-HERO, 2nd - theRealMadridcf + Hard Drop, 3rd - Michael Jackson + The Reality

September FFA special: 1st - Bantersaurus, 2nd - Gilnash, 3rd - Belsazar

August 3v3 thin: 1st - Adversity + Shibeh + Nitrogen Dioxide, 2nd - Haru. + simka121 + Superman., 3rd - Gilnash + Pjush + Implex

July FFA corner: 1st - Gilnash, 2nd - Kizza00232Jera + Pjush

June 4v4 basic: 1st - Script + slovakpro + sam_pum + lex legis, 2nd - Teaa + Pug. + Bantersaurus + Zen-aku19, 3rd - goatplayer + Laura19 + Landende + Katinka

May FFA thin: 1st - Wilco, 2nd - Script, 3rd - Gilnash

April 2v2 none: 1st - Pjush + Gilnash, 2nd - Shinkansen + czary1994, 3rd - Jorn' + Gamer_nickii_

March 1v1 none: 1st - theRealMadridcf, 2nd - Gilnash, 3rd - Perny

March 1v1 speed: 1st - Shinkansen, 2nd - Gilnash, 3rd - Pjush

February FFA red speed: 1st - Gilnash, 2nd - Xantiv, 3rd - theRealMadridcf + Pjush

January 4v4 thin: 1st - Gilnash + Pjush + theRealMadridcf + Yellow.', 2nd - slovakpro + Shinkansen + Inferno' + wilco, 3rd - Nickii' + Trails + olakaz5 + Gamer_Nickii_

The moderators wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year xoxoxoxo

Much love!

Congratulations Gilnash! Ty to mods for organising all these tournaments, we look forward to next year (and Cf3) ;)

Merry christmas!

A huge thanks to everyone for making this game so fun! You'll all be missed <3

Records:
FFA: 2059
Teams: 1963
1v1: 1761

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxFrld20eo one of my best cf moments ;3

Champion

what about camp competition?

Champion

oh and edit: 3rd in olympics is also someone else :)

Champion
1v1 america top 45%
team america top 7.2%

I had 5 official wins: January 4v4, March 1v1, Camp competition, Olympics and December all-round

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

I didn't really include this because it was one of the "fun competitions" and not an official tournament. It was really awesome though of course :) You had a great year.

@Hard Drop: Hmm? Why was it someone else?

Champion
1v1 america top 45%
team america top 7.2%

It wasn't a "fun competition". The fun competitions were introduced on 12th of September:
http://curvefever.com/content/bring-me-your-funny-ideas
and the first fun competition was on 7th of October:
http://curvefever.com/content/first-fun-activity-funny-selfie-contest

However, the camp tournament was much earlier, 1st of August:
http://curvefever.com/content/full-camp-competition

It was an official CF tournament, not a "fun competition". The prizes were like in normal official tournaments: 1 year premium and in-game title. It also had as many players as normal tournaments, or even more. And it was a competition showing curve fever skills, even more than what normal tournaments as it didn't include luck almost at all. Normal tournaments always have a bit luck. Organazing it was much harder and it was a larger event than normal tournaments. So it definitely should be counted.
I would rather win it than a normal tournament.

Furthermore, to define "the player of the year" you count Olympics only as a normal tournament even it included 6 normal tournaments. Last year all what was mentioned was Olympics winning and nothing mentioned about tournaments. Winning 6 tournaments last year was nothing so important to be mentioned. But this year it's the other way around and Olympics is nothing more than a regular tournament?

nayenda †'s picture

thats true real ... NAYENNDA FTW

Clan: GGrt

Hard Drop wrote:

oh and edit: 3rd in olympics is also someone else :)

Cutie. :*

Btw, I saw in the tournament topics that team "Star" was 2nd in the June 4vs4 basic tournament and team "BOOM" and "ZOO" just played for the 3rd place. Maybe you should correct this in your summary. And maybe the Clan Olympics does also belong in this summary.

oldghz †'s picture
Champion
Clan: Boss

my vote goes out to real, for me he is the real champion of 2015. The one who acts like a champion and a role model for all the other players in the game. He is stronger than ever. 

Respect !

Give up is not an option for me

Champion

summary: fail topic

best regards <3

Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

summary: all jealous

Pju ♥

Clan: SKT

i feel bad that yossha and nayenda aren't mentioned in this topic :s 1v1 and team record should be too :D + ffa/1v1 win>team win btw :D

nayenda †'s picture

Gilnash wrote:

summary: all jealous

summary: arrogant? xD 

imo there is only one guy/girl who deserves this title, and this is: theRealMadridcf, winning Olympics > winning 2 tournaments

Video Games †'s picture
Clan: Anet
oldghz wrote:

my vote goes out to real, for me he is the real champion of 2015. The one who acts like a champion and a role model for all the other players in the game. He is stronger than ever. 

Respect !

+1

Video Games wrote:
oldghz wrote:

Respect !

+1

+1 #2

bon