You are here

2015 Curve Fever Prep Talk!

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
Incred's picture
Champion
ffa eu top 15%
team eu top 22%
2015 Curve Fever Prep Talk!

Welcome to my 2015 Curve Fever Prep Talk!

The lag in this game is a very serious problem!  No one can deny this. This is so sad because Curve Fever is such a great idea! Unfortunately, Geert and the new developer, zeroZshadow, do not understand the extreme extent of this problem! My focus is NOT on connection lag! I'm talking about the GAME LAG that turns Curve Fever into a piece of crap. Everyone can agree that it's extremely hard to move your curve in this game -The FPS lags, the key lags and all the other crap that cause you to fail every single time. Plus, the way your curve moves is so unsteady and so unnatural that it turns the game into complete garbage. I've seen games similar to this where it's 3 times easier to move your curve/line! Why hasn't the movement of the curve been improved so it's more fluid and smooth, like it should be? We are 3 years into Curve Fever 2, and the game is still unplayable. It's time for an upgrade to Curve Fever  and a change for the better as we approach 2015!

Geert and zeroZshadow, you guys are awesome, but you barely play this game. You play about 20 games per month. You never became pros in the game. No offense, but you are not that great at this game. You never got past 1500 rank. This is a cold truth! We need a third developer who is really good at this game and plays at least 100 games per month. If you guys aren't pro yourselves, then how are you going to understand the game lag that corrupts the game on a daily basis? It doesn't matter if you have 10 ping or a super computer. The game lag is constantly there. There is no denying this! Come on Developers - make defeating game lag your main goal in 2015. This game lag issue has been wreaking havoc on Curve Fever for 3 years! Let me explain. :)

It's literally impossible to get better at the game when you don't have full control over your curve/line/snake, etc. The line/curve you control is so unpredictable! It moves different every single time you press it. Sometimes further then you wanted, sometimes shorter than you wanted. Never consistent! There is an illusion also which makes it seem like your curve is constantly slowing down and speeding up, like a never-ending stop-go motion. A change in how the curve moves is drastically needed! It's insanely unpredictable, for most people and a bit more predictable for the top pros - but still very unpredictable! I understand Geert that you made this game for friends to have fun and stuff but do you want people to continue to play? Do you want more people to purchase premium? Do you want this game to grow faster than it has ever done before? Because right now this game is ONE&DONE. People aren't going to want to keep playing this game with the key lags, FPS lags, and all the other garbage that results in unnecessary fail, after fail, after fail! It's frustrating as hell. It's so sad because the concept of the game is so great, it just runs horribly. If it just ran better, maybe this game would be extremely more competitive, ten times as popular, and way more fun. There would then be 1,000+ joining every tournament, compared to the familiar, same 100 people. Maybe it'd get so popular it'd become popular on Gamebattles.com(very, very popular competitive gaming site) and you can compete for thousand-dollar prizes. Trust me! There are videos on of famous YouTube gamers playing Curve Fever  with 100,000+ views which gets us new players, but the game is ONE&DONE right now so we lose all the new players anyway. Geert - If you want to grow the game stop focusing on the ONE&DONE FUN CONCEPT and more on the COMPETITIVE CONCEPT which drive the game just like it does for League of Legends and World of Warcraft - which make billions in sales. This game will be more competitive if it runs much more efficiently than it does at the moment. Curve Fever is a great concept but it's not even close to its FULL POTENTIAL sadly. Call me insane, but I think you can become MILLIONARES off this game somehow! If there is no way Curve Fever can run well on flash player, ABORT IT and try something else. You already have a very strong, loyal fanbase to make a risky, but very rewarding move like this. There are over one million registered accounts! Trust me! DON'T GIVE UP! Make a change for the better in 2015! :D

Now unfortunately,  I got to get back to explaining why the game performs very poorly. Let me prove my case. When I'm bored I go into random free for all games with 700-1200 ranks and I just observe them. Have any of you ever done this? Well, if you have, you'll understand the true reason this game never grows. I watch these new players and their fails are absolutely horrible! They run into the walls for no reason, they fail to go through spaces with a huge 3 inch gap, and lastly, they run into their own lines over and over again. It's like the entire room is drunk! But it's sad because they are not drunk. It's just incredibly hard to control your curve. Honestly, every new player room I see is like this over and over again and inside, it drives me nuts and makes me sad. Why? Because Curve Fever is losing potential players and potential premium buyers due to this problem. Why are newcomers to Curve Fever going to want to play the game if it's impossible to play properly? Yup, as I said before, ONE AND DONE and they quit. Boo hoo! If all new players are experiencing this problem, then maybe it's something wrong with THE CODING OF THE GAME and not the players fault? Just throwing that out there.

Even in the pro rooms (1600+ FFA/TEAM), where the players are better, I still see a bunch of nonsense going on. Every single game I still see people making stupid fails. These guys and girls have 500+ Plays and HOURS UPON HOURS of time spent into the game. They fail their full camps and easy half camps. Sometimes they have good moves, but most of the time they make stupid ones, and it's sad because they can't help it. Why are they making these stupid fails? Because key lags, fps lags, a very unsteady curve, and so on. If I didn't play Curve Fever and I watched them play a few rounds, I'd probably think they were a bit bad at the game  It's not until you get to the elite 2000+ rooms where the stupid fails are finally minimized. But, even in those rooms you still see people fail easy camps and basic moves and these guys have 1000's of plays.

Unfortunately, you won't see a lot of pros in this game because it's too hard to become one due to the fact people must have a lot of patience to keep playing this game every day through this crippling crappy lag. Rarely do you see a new player enter the 2000+ ranking club! In my opinion, everyone maxes out their skill depending on how bad their game lag is. That's why you barely see any new pros and the same champions winning month after month (ex. theRealMadridcf, who is a fantastic player by the way). For 95% of all active players, game lag will make it impossible to join the 2000+ ranking club, and for all the registered users on Curve Fever, which is over 1.5 MILLION, 95% will stop playing after their first game due to the fact that the game is just UNPLAYABLE and too FRUSTRATING! It's time to flip the statistics and percentages around in 2015 and make 2000+ rank possible for every dedicated Curve Fever player.

As I said in paragraph 1, there are many games like Curve Fever where your line/curve is much more smooth and fluid. One example is Zatacka Online on the iPhone. Seriously, try it out Geert. The way the line moves is just so FLUID AND SMOOTH. I'm so jealous that it can't be like this for Curve Fever. The funny thing is that Zatacka Online is very buggy and not that popular but for some reason the curve runs smoother than Curve Fever, even in multiplayer mode. Maybe it's just programmed better? Being able to control a smooth and fluid curve is so important to the growth of this game. Things like this are so fundamental, so BASIC! And if Zatacka Online, some random game on the app store, can create a curve that runs smoothly, Curve Fever can as well! Maybe you just got to tweak the way the line moves. Maybe you have to make the curve travel a bit slower. Maybe you need to make the shape a little thinner or thicker. Or, maybe you need to tweak the turning mechanisms. Learn through trial and error. Inform the community of your progress. Curve Fever is over 3 years in since the birth of the game, and important change is needed! Whether it's getting Curve Fever on something besides flash or improving the way the curve works, a change is necessary in order for this game to excel in the upcoming year of 2015 :D

There are many well-known Curve Fever players who've practically quit this game for good or play a lot less just because of the god darn awful instability of the game. Champs included! Some legendary examples include:

Doctor Who(2.3k ffa player, made it to many FFA tournament finals and came in 2nd a few times, but never won crown),

Maikkon(First champion on Curve Fever - January 2012),

Royal (June 2012 past FFA champion, very old player),

velu_(October 2012 champion, and one of my good friends/teammates)

businessman(January 2013 champion, very old player)

kristianboy (easily a 2.2k ffa player)

Anubis(very well-known, entertaining, and helpful player with great 1v1 skill)

As you can see, we have lost many great curve fever players and past champions to this game lag problem and it's really sad. Sorry if I forgot a few! Rest in peace past pros we lost due to diagnosed Terminal Curve Fever Lag(TCFL) :( Also, rest in peace to all the potential curve players who never became pro because the game lag was too much for them to handle. :( Dear Lord, let us not lose any more of the greats in 2015! Let the developers fix the game lag issue that has plagued the game for so long and launch this game into wealthy success.

Conclusion:

May you all have a great 2015 Curve Fever players. This was my prep talk for 2015! Thanks for reading.  I am very passionate about this game as you can see. I want to see this game get much more competitive and significantly more easier to play. I want to play a game without people complaining about their key lags. I want to see tournaments with over 1,000+ people in them. I want to see Curve Fever transform for the better, both the game and community. I see so much potential in this game. I want to be able to move my curve anywhere on the map with no fails! I want a better working line/curve.To me it's not just a flash game like many may think, but  to me it's different. It's a game that can become a huge worldwide, competitive game - the developers making millions, and the players competing for thousand-dollar prizes. The best I can do is motivate Geert and zeroZshadow. Their primary focus must be game mechanics, and lag reducement, not new colors, gamemodes, or powerups. Curve Fever won't expand without a STRONG BASE, trust me I know from experience.You may call me insane and absolutely ridiculous over getting so hyped about a game with two keys and a bunch of colorful lines, but I don't care because without leaps of imagination or dreaming we lose the excitement of new possibilities. This is just the beginning.

edit: typos, spelling errors

gumbo's picture

*clapping*

Champion
ffa eu top 18%
team eu top 23%
Clan: HC

Well said incred, respect. 

I also left curve for 6-7 months, becuase the game was unplayable at that time. You have my support. :)

lex legis's profile on curvefever

Man, good job.I dont know what to say.I like that 2000+ FFA champion made this.And its true, its not just a normal flash game like many may think, its different!!! (Incred for the president) *BRAVO*

Edited by: 
rooney on 30 December, 2014 - 11:17
miroirs's picture

Anubis's picture
Clan: tySt

Very well written! If I could like this post I'd do it a hundred times.

I've lost multiple semifinals/finals (Also a final where I was sure to win) due to the key lagg and Fps drop. I was participating in the 1v1 tournament to give it a last try to get a crown, but failed. In the quarter final I key lagged in 3 rounds. I also got a fps drop which resulted in my screen freezing in 2 rounds. This totally cost me a sure win to advance to the semi-finals. At almost every game from the time that I started playing Curvefever until the day I took I break, I experienced key laggs in atleast 1 round. 1 round might not seem to be that important, but it really is when playing against other proffesional players because you usually win with a very small margin.

I know that I've used a kinda shity PC, but this problem does not only occur for me as you can see, and it's causing a lot of problem and frustration to the game

The key lagg issue needs to be fixed. Here I am today with a brand new gaming laptop, and it doesn't matter what kind of connection that I've gotten (Tried playing on several places where one had a 1000mbit broadband)

But I still key lagg

Edited by: 
Anubis on 30 December, 2014 - 12:00
pleiades's picture
Champion
team eu nr. 67

You are my hero Incred,gj!

But I think rank has nothing to do with skill..you can't say someone with 2000 rank is good or better than someone with 1600 or 1700 :-)

Cut
1v1 eu top 14%
team eu top 3.4%

Well said Incred, big respect for ya!

Well..

As you can see on the (Rankings page) there are  full off second accounters that is placed on top 100, I haven't seen any new players that could improve himself to reach a high rank with a high rank i mean (2000+), just some few on my entire 2 years playing this game, I would really expect more of this.. but what we can see why they cannot improve themselves is that sadly because of this annoying keylags etc just like Incred mentioned. actually there is many players who is low but are very skilled but I always hear that they blame about their lags and keylags, and this is just sad. Geert or Zerozshadow you should really analyze the game and avoid these keylags etc. Anyways  you really improved this game much by designing the site, implementing stuff during these months and things have been changed and the game is more famous compared to before, and this is a good beginning. 

My FFA Record: 2570

My accounts:
Rami95 - Main account
ELF
I'm sexy And I know it

GameRich's picture

I've seen this as well. Sometimes I try an amazing rescue, but it rarely succeeds because the server reacts a fraction of a second too late. It's so annoying! And that is not the only problem, they are working on air crashes as well. I've seen lines crashing on literally nothing, lines hitting themself because of key lag... There are a lot of problems with CurveFever atm. It's a fun game nevertheless and I'll keep playing it and get better, but on uncommon occasions this sucks a bit of the fun out of it.

CF2 > CF3

~ Part of the Flappy Curve Testing Team~

Champion
ffa eu nr. 38
1v1 eu top 7%
team eu nr. 52
Clan: gurl

When I started play this game, I had much less laggs it was better because not icons and special colors!

no key laggs!

Achtung die Kurve

Champion
ffa eu nr. 38
1v1 eu top 7%
team eu nr. 52
Implex's picture
Clan: vS

I agree with you!

Very well said.This lags are sometimes so crazy you cant see where the opponents goes or you get a input and die in the wall...

We want a better Curve Fever for 2015!

Gilnash †'s picture
Champion

WoW Incred, respect. I totally agree with you. I also quited this game for some months because of the unplayable gameplay. Incred 4 president!

As Implex already said: We want a better and lagfree game in the year 2015!

Pju ♥

_Earth_'s picture
ffa eu top 3.9%
team eu top 19%

Slovakpro, look what Pinkey34 says at 13:32  :P

(But well said Incred)

Edited by: 
_Earth_ on 30 December, 2014 - 20:14

_Earth_'s profile on curvefever

Pv0
Pv0's picture
Clan: sC

I agree with Incred in 100%.
A few days ago I had 2000 FFA, but now I have many key lags and game is unplayable, so I decided stopped to play in Curve Fever.

It's sad for me, because I played long time in this game and I have good skills, ehh :/

I hope Geert and Staff kill lags in New Year 2015...

P.S. Incred on president!

Curve Fever = Banana Republic????

Edited by: 
Pv0 on 30 December, 2014 - 21:36
Clan: LvLy

There is an exclusive 2000+ ranking club? :o                  @ '' For 95% of all active players, game lag will make it impossible to join the 2000+ ranking club, ''

Champion
ffa eu nr. 38
1v1 eu top 7%
team eu nr. 52

_Earth_ wrote:

(But well said Incred)

oh , u are so attentive :D 

'it is so laggy' , but I think it's still beter than now

Haru. †'s picture
Champion
Clan: Sora

I have to agree with Incred. Since a very long period of time I barely saw anyone new entering the 2k+ ranks in ffa/team and establish himself there. In the high ranked rooms are always the same players and the only thing which changes are some names because they make from time to time new accounts. 

tl;dr

uncle_bernie's picture

IN 2015 I WILL PWN NOOBS

_Earth_'s picture
ffa eu top 3.9%
team eu top 19%

slovakpro wrote:

_Earth_ wrote:

(But well said Incred)

oh , u are so attentive :D 

'it is so laggy' , but I think it's still beter than now

It was indeed better at the beginning, you're right at that :)

GameRich's picture

I used to play this game from time to time as guest before I had an account and it did seem pretty lag-free by that time. Odd thing is that I was then playing on a computer that was SLOWER as the one I use now! Also the lagg seem to occur less when everyone is playing with a plain color. Makes you think, right? Tthere should be a solution for this!

CF2 > CF3

~ Part of the Flappy Curve Testing Team~

Ferrari 07 †'s picture

Yes please fix the lags !!

I'm in love with the Ferrari Ferrari
I got it for the Lol lol Lol lol
But sometimes im very locko locko
I need to tank some fuel fuel
To kill another people people

I got this for 2 days now:

Geert wrote:

​Our server is bad: Only the green points go up significantly, the red points stay on the same level.

I guess it is same if you switch colours?

Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD

No it is not the same, as red is the reference room, and green is your actual room. Your ping is as flat as a pancake.

Oh, my bad.

I got some wrong informations about those lines, but still:

What does this mean? 

I mean in the times I really lagged, the stats were not like this, plus today I didn't have any lags in games other than CF.

Clan: buny

true dat

Question: Does this game use Hardware Acceleration? That's incredible useful.

Incred's picture
Champion
ffa eu top 15%
team eu top 22%

Thanks for all the support and boss memes guys! I really appreciate it. As you can see, we all want to see Curve Fever grow and become much more competitive and popular in 2015. The purpose of this topic was to inform Geert and Martijn that strong improvements need to be made to fix the lag in the game or else it will be much harder for Curve Fever to expand. From past experiences, games that don't run well eventually stagnate in growth and it's very sad when this happens. I don't want to see this happen to Curve Fever because it's better than all games I've ever played and it deserves better. Unfortunately, the leveling off in growth may be near(or could be happening already) if upgrades in game playability are not made. Making the game easier to play and having full control over a smooth (not choppy and inconsistent) curve/line  (like Zatacka Online) is essential. I already said a lot in my first post but I want to take the time to reply to some of those who took the time to read my original post. 

@ Geert and Martijn

I'm not sure if you read my entire post. Maybe I sounded a bit harsh or unreasonable from your perspective and you ignored what I had to say. I just want to let you know that I have the same mindset as you guys and I want to see this game grow bigger and stronger in 2015. I think listening to my opinion and very informative post is worth your time. I have excellent and acute insight into the game. My account is almost three years old and I have thousands upon thousands of games played. I believe my post seems realistic and I hope you guys are more motivated and more educated from what I have to say regarding Curve Fever's potentially exciting future and the current lag and non-smooth line problem that destroys the game currently on a daily basis.

Anubis wrote:

Very well written! If I could like this post I'd do it a hundred times.

I've lost multiple semifinals/finals (Also a final where I was sure to win) due to the key lagg and Fps drop. I was participating in the 1v1 tournament to give it a last try to get a crown, but failed. In the quarter final I key lagged in 3 rounds. I also got a fps drop which resulted in my screen freezing in 2 rounds. This totally cost me a sure win to advance to the semi-finals. At almost every game from the time that I started playing Curvefever until the day I took I break, I experienced key laggs in atleast 1 round. 1 round might not seem to be that important, but it really is when playing against other proffesional players because you usually win with a very small margin.

I know that I've used a kinda shity PC, but this problem does not only occur for me as you can see, and it's causing a lot of problem and frustration to the game

The key lagg issue needs to be fixed. Here I am today with a brand new gaming laptop, and it doesn't matter what kind of connection that I've gotten (Tried playing on several places where one had a 1000mbit broadband)

But I still key lagg

@Anubis

I have a similar story actually. In the official 2v2 tourney of August 2014, me and Script were the runner-ups. We lost to Shivers and Shibzel in the finals. To my surprise, the quarterfinals and semifinals were not laggy at all. Me and Script played very well and we made it to the finals quite easily. When the final game started I knew I was doomed and I started to panic. My snake became increasingly uncontrollable and as Haru would say, it felt like it was shaking like a Brazilian dancer. Long story short, we lost the game after I failed a camp in the final round that was almost twice the size of Shiver's camp. It wasn't a very exciting final and it was just a huge letdown for the viewers that wanted something more intense but was not possible because of unbearable lags. 

You also said the game is hard to play on both computers - your crappy one and the expensive gaming one. This just shows that there is something wrong in flash player or maybe the fact that Curve Fever does not use GPU, only
CPU. I bet this game could be played more efficiently if Geert and Martijn looked into GPU accelerated computing. Since GPU power isn't even used, the specs on your
gaming laptop may be underutilized. I'm not sure because I'm not an expert but this might be one reason why many players lag on Curve Fever and not other games. Also, getting insanely fast broadband speed like that and still key lags is just ridiculous. From my experience, changes in ping hardly effect the movement of your line/curve. in Europe, it's hard to control my curve. If I want to play in America servers which lowers my ping by 60ms, it's still equally hard to control my snake. It's frustrating man; especially when you know you have the skills become a champ and rise to the top, but the game lags are being a pain in the ass.

Airplane wrote:

If we don't move on from the Flash Player there won't be a future.

@ Airplane

Yep. Flash player sucks for Curve Fever. Even Geert and Martijn said this themselves on the forum. There is a memory leak problem.There are definitely better things to run Curve Fever on! It's probably time consuming to get the game running on something else but it's worth it if it fixes key lags, fps lags, and the uncontrollable curve/line issue and thus grows the game. I recently played Zatacka Online on the iPhone, a copy off of Curve Fever. It runs so much smoother than Curve Fever. It's honestly awesome. And guess what? Zatacka Online doesn't even use Adobe flash player! It uses something else which is obviously better. :D

Haru. wrote:

I have to agree with Incred. Since a very long period of time I barely saw anyone new entering the 2k+ ranks in ffa/team and establish himself there. In the high ranked rooms are always the same players and the only thing which changes are some names because they make from time to time new accounts. 

@Haru

Yup. There have not been any new Curve Fever pros or standouts in awhile now. Unfortunately, this is evidence of the stagnating growth of Curve Fever as I explained earlier.There are not a lot of new pros coming onto the scene and the pros that we have are playing less and less. This issue is easily fixable though. Improved game peformance will do wonders to Curve Fever. When the game runs easier the pros will multiply exponentially as well with the entire curve population. Cut even said himself that he has hardly seen any new pros arise in the 2 years that's he's been playing and I 100% agree. In my original post I listed a bunch of legendary players (Doctor Who, Anubis, velu_ etc.)who quit the game due to devastating game lags. If they didn't quit this game, Curve Fever would be much more competitive and popular than it is as of right now. Honestly, you improve the playability of the game, you grow the game. It's as simple as that. We want to be able to curve anywhere on the map with ease and without fail. If we can do this 99% of the time instead of the current 10% of the time, the game will suddenly become 10 times as fun and 10 times as popular! :D

Edited by: 
Incred on 31 December, 2014 - 20:23

Incred wrote:

There is an illusion also which makes it seem like your curve is constantly slowing down and speeding up, like a never-ending stop-go motion.

1 word, RESPECT. Respect for Incred, the man that takes the time and to make long topics, about the fact that CurveFever 2 comes with ALOT of bugs, and worst of all, Lag. Lag is the most annoying aspect at CurveFever 2.

I also experience a kind of illusion, just like Incred does, its very annoying and I hope that the devolepers can fix this. 

I wish you guys all a happy and peacefull 2015!

PS. Incred,

Edited by: 
Anaconda.' on 1 January, 2015 - 18:01

Edited by: 
PersephoneKyuubi on 3 January, 2015 - 14:07
Usain BoIt's picture

read it all, i agree a lot. lag can rly ruin the fun in this game, thats why i play only 1v1 its the least lagy gamemode.

if its possible to be fixed u should put ur focus on doing it.

I don't think limits.
Usain Bolt

Implex's picture

*dont forget it please*

Incred is right and i cant play atm because of lags..

If nothing happens i will stop in February 15th first of all...

_Earth_'s picture
ffa eu top 3.9%
team eu top 19%

Implex wrote:

*dont forget it please*

Incred is right and i cant play atm because of lags..

If nothing happens i will stop in February 15th first of all...

Why on the 15th of February ? Why not the 16th of February as example? I'm just curious :)

Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD

Curvirine wrote:

Oh, my bad.

I got some wrong informations about those lines, but still:

What does this mean? 

I mean in the times I really lagged, the stats were not like this, plus today I didn't have any lags in games other than CF.

Read here what your stats mean: http://curvefever.com/content/faq-lag

bickSNOR's picture
ffa eu top 16%

Well said! Curving without any (server) lag would be awesome.

Wa make G?

Implex's picture

its like 1 month and its enough continuing time to solve our problems in my mind...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

its not like they only have 1 month or smth im just tired of impossible playing.They have already time since cf started.. 

Why nothing happens? We get some tips ok it helps a little.. but if you dont know how to solve anything 100% make a topic for help from the players...

I think some here got good ideas to help us.

Also try to hire someone who is good at this stuff.

zeroZshadow's picture

Since so many people here think keylag is such a huge issue, im suggesting a LIVE chat with me on IRC.

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net?channel=#curvefever

Just use your forum name as your nickname to join in.

I'll be there to anwser your questions about the game and any bugs / problems we have, and this way i can also get a better feeling of the issues the game currently has. As you said, I do not play that many games, as i do not have the time to do so.

So, please join the irc today, ill try to be as active as possible, and inform me of your issues. I will also try and give advise on possible methods to work around them, or even be able to fix them for you.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Implex's picture

If you have problems with lags and stuff go to this website or contact him via support ticket.

He helped me with my problem and now i can play without freezes.

The lag isnt gone away but its now less laggy.

Thanks!

Edited by: 
Implex on 16 January, 2015 - 18:25
zeroZshadow's picture

I'll be in the chat channel for the rest of the week as well. Don't expect me to respond instantly however, I am working on the game while checking the chat every now and then.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever