You are here

[Official] The Last Battle 2017

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
Meechy Darko †'s picture
Clan: lip
[Official] The Last Battle 2017

Hey guys!

We are really glad to announce this years Last Battle!

What is the last battle?

• In 2016, the best two team players in EU Rankings (theRealMadridcf and oldghz) created their own teams (they chose friends, good players on their own) 
  • The Last Battle 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZYdLmoFCis
  • They played 3 games: Thin, Special and Green Speed.
  • Winner got a special title (best team player ... )

The Last Battle 2017

This year, we decided to change this competition a bit:

- Best 8 EU Rank FFA play against each other (3 matches with thin special and g speed)
  (Check current Leaderboard here: http://forum.curvefever.com/ranks/eu/ffa )

- Best 2 EU Team ranks create their teams and play against each other (same items as FFA)
   (Check current Leaderboard here: http://forum.curvefever.com/ranks/eu/team )

- Best 2 EU 1v1 Ranks play against each other (Same items as team and FFA)
   (Check current Leaderboard here: http://forum.curvefever.com/ranks/eu/1v1 )

- You dont have to be premium to join this competition!

Deadline: 18th of December, (5:30 CET)

That means: You basically have time, untill sunday night (monday already) 5:30 CET. If you play a game at 5:19, for example, from 2034 to 2050, and it ends 5:29 CET, and you're first in ranks, then you qualified for the next stage. If it ends at 5:31 (or later) you wont get the points which means you wont be first.

The General Curve Fever rules are to be observed. Anyone who has been given a place on an illegal way is disqualified and the following places will be re-nominated. The rank update will be at 5:30 (18th of december) Amsterdam time. 

Let the Battle begin!!

Questions? Comment below! 

Good luck and have fun

Meechy Darko

ffa eu nr. 32
1v1 eu nr. 2
team eu nr. 21
Clan: uSuk

I'm confused, does this mean there will be 3 seperate tourneys with 3 seperate titles awarded? I.E. Best FFA/Team/1v1 player?

Meechy Darko †'s picture

Team -> Best of 3 games 
FFA -> Most points in 3 games 
1v1 -> Best of 3 games

ffa eu top 1.5%
1v1 eu top 7%
team eu top 2.8%
Clan: KOLL

Question to field size:

1vs1 speed - full field, 1vs1 thin - scaled field, but whats about 1vs1 special? For special scaled and full field are both usual modes.

~~signature~~

My time:

ffa eu top 0.5%
team eu nr. 22
Clan: cute

I suggest to set a date for the FFA tournament. It's easy for example to compromise a date and time to do the 1v1 games since there are only 2 participants. A preliminary date could be set for the team tournament that can be changed if both teams agree to. But its much more difficult to do that with 8, and especially during holiday seasons.

Will the other teammates in the team receive titles too?

Meechy Darko †'s picture

@Nowo, i'd say it depends on the participants. if they want special 1v1 on full map and they both agree, then its fine for me aswell. I guess a coin flip or draw will decide if they can't agree.

@Miao the exact date will be released soon ;)

Edit* there will be 6 (new) titles. 

Edited by: 
Meechy Darko on 24 November, 2017 - 14:01
Meechy Darko †'s picture

Reminder

would be Dirol to win every title Biggrin

its like 3 titles and easier to achieve than olimpic one :d

maybe wall items as 3rd item set for 1v1? i can show its very playable

ffa eu nr. 32
1v1 eu nr. 2
team eu nr. 21

I would just like to say that I quite dislike how this tournament has been setup and I hope the tournament is done differently next year.

People with the highest ranks are not necessarily the best players; this is exceptionally true for the 1v1 ranking list: it's not very difficult to get to a T2 rank and duck the whole way until the deadline.

Not to mention that some of us simply don't have the time to grind hours trying to get these ranks, this is why I quite like normal tournaments where everyone (premium players*) can join and the best player on the current date claims a deserved victory.

Anyway, best of luck to those who qualify.

im in

Fluaz †'s picture
ffa eu top 5.4%
1v1 eu top 53%
team eu top 43%

Hibernica wrote:

im in

You need to be top 8 to be in The Last Battle

- Ivan

Record:

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA - 1662

Team - 1710

1v1 - 1558 

Fluaz †'s picture
ffa eu top 5.4%
1v1 eu top 53%
team eu top 43%

As in Teams, FFA, and 1vs1

- Ivan

Record:

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA - 1662

Team - 1710

1v1 - 1558 

Vito... †'s picture
ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu nr. 7
team eu nr. 32
Clan: Bye

"The claim that Vito never plays against the top 100 is false. He played against Darken (No.6) the last time Darken was online: http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38732201"

thx bax man, nice link of my match u found I-m so happy

Anyway not much high ranks is in 1v1 and nobody even try to play, only few  "higher" people do. When I make a room 1v1 80% time "low ranks" came I had very much chance to win and room  was open for everybody usuaally - no limit rank. Also when I played vs "low ranks" its too risk for +2 or -40, risk if someone would take "random acc" and try to play vs me undercover, I had situation like this too few times but I won, doesnt matter also if they are 1200 rank or 1400 rank its a different  idk 3-4 points in 1 match if i will a winner I tried this. I won enough games no lose even if players werent so high in rank but I played vs experienced players too some times I was better and if I refused few people to play its normal I think. I got this rank by winning all the time.

The Godfather <3

team eu top 23%
Clan: DNVD

Dear Baxuid,

thank you for your input.
The system is indeed not perfect, and cases like this are always pretty hard to decide. The main point why my decision was like this is following: By far the biggest amount of games were games against new accounts or very low ranked ones. There were just a few (like 5) games which had a opponent above 1250 out of many games (if you want me to count them I will). But some games, especially against new accounts, are even more suspicious, especially when they are against own accounts like this one: http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38534768, and there were some other games lasting not so long as you would expect for a green speed game. So I would like to keep this topic clean now with an "exploiting"-case like this. Feel free to contact me if you have more input. For me, a reduce seems suitable.

Kind regards

clans.curvefever.com - the battleground for clans

Destin.'s picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 16
1v1 eu top 2.5%
team eu nr. 38

Hello,

Guys, keep in minds this topic has been created to announce a new competition : The Last Battle 2017. Some people will think it encourages boosters, some other will think it encourages people to be active. If you any questions about the schedule, progress, conditions..., post it below.

If you don't like the competition, or don't agree with a decision, do create a seperate topic with recommendations for this current competition or the next competitions. The section « Suggestions » has been created for that. Don't derail the topic :-)

Best regards,
Destin.

-------
Forum Moderator

ffa eu nr. 32
1v1 eu nr. 2
team eu nr. 21

TheGordon wrote:

Dear Baxuid,

thank you for your input.
The system is indeed not perfect, and cases like this are always pretty hard to decide. The main point why my decision was like this is following: By far the biggest amount of games were games against new accounts or very low ranked ones. There were just a few (like 5) games which had a opponent above 1250 out of many games (if you want me to count them I will). But some games, especially against new accounts, are even more suspicious, especially when they are against own accounts like this one: http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38534768, and there were some other games lasting not so long as you would expect for a green speed game. So I would like to keep this topic clean now with an "exploiting"-case like this. Feel free to contact me if you have more input. For me, a reduce seems suitable.

Kind regards

Hmm, yes that is quite suspicious; I was unaware of games such as that. I was under the impression that he just liked playing against lower ranked players to guarantee a victory; there are many other users in addition to Vito who have abused this and yet they get free passes. I don't think manipulating the system is wrong; I think it's actually quite intelligent for users who seek rank. The fact that manipulating the system is inevitable and abusers can only be punished if people "snitch" is the reason why access to tournaments should not depend on rank at all; this is the reason why I'm resentful about this year's Last Battle system. 

Like I've mentioned previously, those users will remain unknown because I'm not in the habit of creating conflicts.

Destin. wrote:

If you don't like the competition, or don't agree with a decision, do create a seperate topic with recommendations for this current competition or the next competitions. The section « Suggestions » has been created for that. Don't derail the topic Smile

Best regards,
Destin.

To me that seems unnecessary and simply strange: in other forums it is completely acceptable to post anything in a thread that is related to a topic. It seems things here are different. I apologise. This will be my lost post on the matter.

Clan: 3001

Baxuid, they had the same rules last year :o two highest of team ranks make team and battle? Also you forget that everyone has same chances to gain rank

see don is top 2, nt

Congratulations to those who qualified.

Bloodred(aka Real) vs sam_pum in 1v1  Bloodred, Ninaballerina, oldghz, Bjavi9, Nick, slovakpro, Kizza00232jera and simka121 in FFA and Bloodred's team vs Velin Valentine's team! Good Luck! This event is so nice finally after many years i saw many pro games high rooms on Curve Fever it was alive! <3

Velin Valentine aka haru ofc :d

Champion
ffa eu nr. 1
1v1 eu nr. 11
team eu nr. 1
Clan: sus

The last battle for FFA is a total joke and should be cancelled. 5 or 6 of the top 8 in the leaderboard were boosted to above 2000 rank and players who fairly ranked up were kicked out.

That ffa battle can't be played with the top 8 from the leaderboard. If it is played it is the biggest disgrace in this game for what it comes to tournaments.

Either there should be some other ffa event or a normal ffa tournament, but continuing like this would be just wrong. The initial idea was good but the outcome was a failure.

Champion

I entirely agree entirely with  Real. But who are the 5 boosters. FFA is a joke generally anyway. Should be cancelled

Champion

Side note though http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38910210 this game did seem edgy too, i would understand if you wanted oldghz to stay in for the final 8 though.

Meechy Darko †'s picture

Hello,

we also noticed that a few players got their place on a unfair/illegal way and we will discuss this today / in the next days. I saved the top 15 of all ranks, so they wont get lost (team, ffa and 1v1)

Anyone who has been given a place on an illegal way is disqualified and the following places will be re-nominated. The players knew that before, so it wont make sense to start any discussion if we might take you out of the top 8. 

Meechy Darko †'s picture

Edit* the team players are fixed, Bloodred and Velin Valentine got their ranks both by hard work during the last days / month. My deepest respect for that.

1v1 and ffa is not fixed yet, since players like sam_pum and Ninaballerina and a few other ffa players played games against the rules, which really grinds my gears.

We also have to take care of the circumstances, I don't think that is was easy for sam_pum, to find high ranked players in 1v1, since nobody wants to lose against him to increase his rank. Unfortunately, it looks like some players lost on purpose against him... As i said, we will discuss this intern and let you know, who will be in for the Last Battle matches.

Kind Regards,

Meechy Darko

Champion
ffa eu nr. 1
1v1 eu nr. 11
team eu nr. 1

You won't fix the FFA like it should be fixed because you can't find out how some players boosted. Some hid the boosting in the way that you can't see it anymore, you should have been there and record all the games to be able to do anything. There are maximum of 3 players in top 8 who reached 2k in a fair way. If you let more than 3 players of those in top 8 to play the battle, it will be a failure because then you let some of the boosters to play and disqualify others.

If you could see replays of all the games of the players, you could fix it. However, it is not possible in this game so you can't fix it. If you disqualify less than 5 of the ffa players, it is a failure. Thus, because you don't know everyone who boosted, the only way to fix it is to cancel the FFA battle.

sam_pum's picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 84
1v1 eu nr. 50
team eu top 1.4%
Clan: sim

Hi there!

I am bothered that I see my name mentioned in this post and in another report.

All these games mentioned in that report were played in a normal and serious way, even the 10-0 game although that looks strange :D. Some of my games of last night were even a close call, I almost lost a few games. Of course I asked some players from my friendlist to play 1vs1 with me, since I needed to get rank and some players wanted to remain their (higher) rank, which I understand. But I never asked someone to play an unfair game versus me, and nobody did "lose on purpose". There were even several players, even randoms, spectating my games, and I am sure they saw an interesting and serious game!

I really feel offended by this, because I try to be a fair player in any circumstances and this totally claims the opposite. Nevertheless, I support fairness a lot, so I will just let this nonsense accusation pass and I will respect the decision of the moderator team. And a good luck to everyone in the battles! :) 

Lots of love, sam_pum <3

#Jeff

My name is Jeff.

ffa eu nr. 25
1v1 eu nr. 61
team eu nr. 11

Very interesting accusations from both Meechy and Bloodred. 

Especially considering the fact I let you play in my FFA room yesterday, to prove I'm not afraid of losing my rank and that I'm not "boosting". 

A game which I still won, even with people focusing me. (http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/389074859

Just because I usually don't care about my FFA rank and only play for fun, doesn't mean it's less legit if I play safe for a couple of days to collect higher rank. 

Champion

It sounds like you saw all these games. Since you talk about a maximum of 3 players that didn't boost, who are those 3 players (including yourself I assume)?

ffa eu nr. 25
1v1 eu nr. 61
team eu nr. 11

Ups, here's the link: http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38907485

I will of course also respect whatever choice the moderator team makes, but I hope it's based on the rules, and not the pressure of their highest ranked player in all 3 categories. 

Champion
ffa eu nr. 1
1v1 eu nr. 11
team eu nr. 1

Ninaballerina wrote:

http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38907485

I never said you boosted, and that game was good. Only Meechy talked about you. You could be one of those who I didn't see boosting, I'm just not saying the players here. In general the event just became a failure.

Champion

The funny thing is you only think yourself and oldghz got your ranks fair, you played so many ffa games with Death Note. Oldghz played with snakeysa and at 4:20 in the morning you decided to boost oldghz so he could play in the final 8. Although it could be deemed fair, it still goes against the rules. If you're saying only 3 people didn't boost then i would presume you think i boosted, in what way did i boost at all? I earned my rank in Red speed ffa games and won two thin games and a special game. But if we look at it overall, you probably have the highest amount of ffa games played with Death Note (your friend) than anyone else here, not that you needed to be boosted but it's just interesting to see you making presumptions that i boosted when i probably played the most legit. ( Dont know about Kizza, although i think he played fairly. And simka whom i wasn't in many of her ffa rooms when she ranked up to get her rank)

Champion

Also clearly there's a flaw in the new ranking system (team) as the ranks state clearly.

Bjavi9 got his place in a fair way. I checked all his games.

This game at 5:26 by oldghz seems suspicious. But decide for yourself.
Link: http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38910210

ffa eu top 2.5%
1v1 eu top 39%
team eu nr. 18

dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, yess *.*

ffa eu top 2.5%
1v1 eu top 39%
team eu nr. 18

dont close topic, tyy Smile

R4W1L's picture
ffa eu nr. 54
1v1 eu top 3.9%
team eu nr. 3
Clan: pyth

I get it that some sketchy games were played the past days especially yesterday and I think many people saw shady stuff happening themselves myself included. And being observing is good thing.

Meechy Darko wrote:

1v1 and ffa is not fixed yet, since players like sam_pum and Ninaballerina and a few other ffa players played games against the rules, which really grinds my gears.

But this isn't acceptable in my opinion. This way of calling people out with their names without any proof just generates unnecessary drama and hate.
I appreciate how real didn't do that on purpose with the potential drama it would bring in mind.

Nina never denied a high ranked player access into her rooms (to have a safe win). But that's the kind of stuff you don't see by just looking at match links.

Champion
ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu top 0.9%
team eu top 1.5%
Clan: lexi

Hello.

Real who are these 3 players? I played all my games in a fair way, over 30 ffa games to get into top8.

Champion

#drama

ffa eu nr. 32
1v1 eu nr. 2
team eu nr. 21

What's truly sad is how people complain only after the deadline.

I've been criticising The Last Battle's system from very early on because I foresaw this issue arising: "the fact that manipulating the system is inevitable and abusers can only be punished if people "snitch" is the reason why access to tournaments should not depend on rank at all." (This is a direct quote of mine, which is mentioned above.)

"The fact that manipulating the system is inevitable" can be comprehended as "boosting will happen". Although, I must mention that I did not anticipate there to be so many accusations (of boosting).

What's more interesting is that Bloodred is, essentially, criticising the FFA qualifiers because the following game will be 'too easy' for him. He instead wants to play against players who have earned their rank, those who are worthy of the 2k+ rank and will, undeniably, pose more of a challenge against him. If he does play against the original seven, he will, most likely, play against people who could only get to such high ranks through illegal/cheap means of boosting; these are also players who likely deserve lower ranks, as they are clearly incapable of reaching such ranks through individual skill.

One last issue, I'm quite offended that you only decide to change things when Real demands it: he hasn't provided evidence, in the slightest, showing how people have boosted, yet you take his word for it?  

I apologise if this offends you but I sometimes laugh at how the staff team chooses its members.

P.S @Meechy Darko, an 'intern' is a noun which can be defined as "a student/trainee who works in order to gain work experience or satisfy requirements for a qualification". What you're looking to say is "in turn" and even so it's unnecessary in the comment that you've made. 

Champion

The genius we all needed, BAXUID.

Champion
ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu top 0.9%
team eu top 1.5%
Clan: lexi

@Meechy Darko 5:26 game finished not started.

Sinnoh's picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 58
1v1 eu nr. 46
team eu top 4.1%

ffa eu nr. 32
1v1 eu nr. 2
team eu nr. 21

Nick wrote:

The genius we all needed, BAXUID.

I'm, exceptionally, far from that status. I will, however, criticise anything that deserves criticism. My criticism never intends to be offensive; it is, purely, constructive.

Champion

Humble

Bjavi9's picture
team eu top 30%

= Detectivexx1 wrote:

Bjavi9 obtuvo su lugar de una manera justa. Revisé todos sus juegos. Este juego a las 5:26 por oldghz parece sospechoso. Pero decide por ti mismo. Enlace: http://forum.curvefever.com/achtung/match/38910210[/quote]

we all play fair.

Meechy Darko †'s picture

Yeh anyways, the list of the players who are in for the last battle is online. this topic will be closed soon. 

PS: I thought it didn't sent my comment, noticed too late that it's the time were the match ends. ^^

Champion

If you accuse people of boosting their ffa rank, you should be able to back that up with evidence. Your word alone isn't enough proof to cancel a tournament that was planned well in advance. If you judge anyone of anything in general, you have to be sure that you can prove that your statement is correct. Otherwise your accusation is just a defamation. There are many ways to cheat in ffa games, and the way it happens can be so subtile that not many even take notice of it. In my experience most games consist of teaming and focussing. It's something that always existed in this game and a problem most players are aware of. 

Topic locked