You are here

Dev blog: Plans for upcoming 2 weeks: Rankings

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geert's picture
Developer
ffa eu top 46%
team eu top 55%
Clan: MOD
Dev blog: Plans for upcoming 2 weeks: Rankings

Good news from the developers. We will work the upcoming 2 weeks on one of the most anticipated feature for Curve Fever 3: Rankings!

The rankings of Curve Fever 3 will be quite similar to Curve Fever 2, however, with some changes.

First of all, there will be seasons in Curve Fever 3. This means you can try to reach a top position each season, making it a fun battle every 2 months.

Secondly, is that we will work with bonus points. Every day you will get some bonus points, that you can only convert to rank points if you play games. This gives a positive reason to play.

Thirdly, we will have seven leagues. You can fight yourself to the top from Bronze to Grand Masters. Grand Masters will only have place for 100 players, so lets see if you can make it to there.

We start working on it now, and if everything goes well, you will be able to play with rankings in 3 weeks!

gandalfx's picture

I look forward to playing ranked games again! Something with leagues sounds dope.

I have a question about the time based rankings: How will this impact players who don't play that regularly, i.e. who only play one or two days per week or even less. Since there will only be a few games before a rank reset I'm afraid it will become a lot harder for these players to reach a high rank, causing them to play a lot of underranked (smurf) games. I'm just wondering if this could be an issue.

Or is that where leagues come into play? I.e. is your league persistent across rank resets?

Geert's picture
Developer
ffa eu top 46%
team eu top 55%
Clan: MOD

hi gandalfx,

Leagues is something you can achieve by playing a lot and by having the right skills. However, we will matchmake people based on their strength. So, lets say you never play the game. and are in gold league, you might actually have the skills of a masters league, and will be matched against master players. If you play often, you would get into the masters league yourself

Incred's picture
ffa eu top 0.9%
team eu top 35%

Rankings is still in the progress. However there is a temporary leaderboard up at the moment. If you are interested - click here.

HHedyHH's picture

only top 100 on leaderboard ?