You are here

Why People Dont Like CF3 .

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Clan: baja
Why People Dont Like CF3 .

I think most people dont like cf3 cuz of lagg (delay)

I had this issue on my laptop  (my game runs great on pc ) and alot of my friends have this delay issue ...

Delay in game is like 0.5 seconds what is very irritatingly..

I think issue is with players who are using wi-fi ( I am not sure) because when I am on my laptop delay is huge even tho my internet is fast using wi-fi and I am like 1m away from router and it shouldnt be any delay.

Like I said I am not sure is it delay beacause of wifi or not ..

Please Fix This Issue. Thanks

 

 

Offline
Clan: Tree

Wifi is not reliable to game on.

You better play the game using an ethernet cable.

 

I've had no issues so far while playing using ethernet cable.

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

the delay is not because of wifi, but I understand that on older PC's the game doesn't always perform to it's max. using FireFox instead of Chrome helps. Also, I was in a CF3 room yesterday and people said they actually prefer CF3, because it is more responsive. So it all depends on your machine.


 

Offline
Clan: SCAR

Its definitely not because of wifi (playing on wifi myself), but its because the specs of the particular computer. Cf2 was just a flash game using only your cpu, cf3 is a game that runs on webgl and therefor uses your cpu AND gpu. This is ofcourse much better if you have a decent pc at least. If you have a cheap gpu, or even use an apu (most laptops have this) it could result in these little lags or delays.

I can't speak for everyone ofcourse, but great job with cf3 Geert, in terms of lags. I have none!

Offline

The main problem with cf3 is the game physics itself. How can't you see that? This game requires no skill and you're not even able to achieve any. It's just too simple. The game is addressed to 4-5 year old's at best. Please just don't delete cf2 for old harcore players like myself.

Roojos's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: DEV

It's been said many times CF2 won't get updated because of several reasons.
But the main reason is that some bugs just can't be fixed because of Flash and that Flash will be gone soon.
Why would we waste our time working on a game that can't be played on browsers anymore in a few months?

We do listen to the community, if you look at the latest changelogs for CF3 a lot of these changes are based on community feedback.
Like thinner curves, classic mode, notifications on match found, sounds etc...

However, we obviously don't listen to all the feedback and you probably feel ignored if we don't listen to your feedback but it just doesn't work that way.
We make this game for thousands of people and not just for a few.

All the feedback is welcome but if we actually do something something with is that depends on the type of feedback and on our own opinions about it.
Also, if you give feedback it doesn't help if you just say CF3 is bad 10 times because we can't do much with that.

Then to reply to some of the specific feedback in this topic:

CF3 is non competetive
Rankings is one of the first new major features that we'll add.
We've also added a classic mode so if you wanna 1v1 someone with the same stats for example you can play classic mode.

open walls(biggest fail)
This is one of the major changes with CF2 and there are always gonna be people who don't like this new mode.
However, the majority of the feedback so far has been positive about the open walls feature and personally I think it's really nice to have open walls. Allows you to make a lot more neat plays.

Map feels to be too small
We have some plans to change the UI up a bit to make some more space for the field but it's already like 90% of the max size. We can probably add like 5% more.

too short matches
We have plans to change this so that higher arenas require more points.
The first arena will still be like this but the higher the arena the longer the matches will take.
For custom games we've already made it as long as cf2.

This game requires no skill
Not true at all, I'm pretty damn bad at the game and even with the 'best' curve I still lose every game.
Skill matters A LOT just a little less than CF2.

Please just don't delete cf2 for old harcore players like myself
We won't remove CF2 unless there is no demand for it anymore but I don't think that'll happen very soon.
I think at the end of the year when browsers drop Flash that most players will switch to CF3 but we'll see.
By that time CF3 will also have a lot of the missing features like rankings, teams etc...

 

Implex's picture
Offline
Clan: vS

Roojos wrote:

It's been said many times CF2 won't get updated because of several reasons.
But the main reason is that some bugs just can't be fixed because of Flash and that Flash will be gone soon.
Why would we waste our time working on a game that can't be played on browsers anymore in a few months?

We do listen to the community, if you look at the latest changelogs for CF3 a lot of these changes are based on community feedback.
Like thinner curves, classic mode, notifications on match found, sounds etc...

However, we obviously don't listen to all the feedback and you probably feel ignored if we don't listen to your feedback but it just doesn't work that way.
We make this game for thousands of people and not just for a few.

All the feedback is welcome but if we actually do something something with is that depends on the type of feedback and on our own opinions about it.
Also, if you give feedback it doesn't help if you just say CF3 is bad 10 times because we can't do much with that.

Then to reply to some of the specific feedback in this topic:

CF3 is non competetive
Rankings is one of the first new major features that we'll add.
We've also added a classic mode so if you wanna 1v1 someone with the same stats for example you can play classic mode.

open walls(biggest fail)
This is one of the major changes with CF2 and there are always gonna be people who don't like this new mode.
However, the majority of the feedback so far has been positive about the open walls feature and personally I think it's really nice to have open walls. Allows you to make a lot more neat plays.

Map feels to be too small
We have some plans to change the UI up a bit to make some more space for the field but it's already like 90% of the max size. We can probably add like 5% more.

too short matches
We have plans to change this so that higher arenas require more points.
The first arena will still be like this but the higher the arena the longer the matches will take.
For custom games we've already made it as long as cf2.

This game requires no skill
Not true at all, I'm pretty damn bad at the game and even with the 'best' curve I still lose every game.
Skill matters A LOT just a little less than CF2.

Please just don't delete cf2 for old harcore players like myself
We won't remove CF2 unless there is no demand for it anymore but I don't think that'll happen very soon.
I think at the end of the year when browsers drop Flash that most players will switch to CF3 but we'll see.
By that time CF3 will also have a lot of the missing features like rankings, teams etc...

 

It just cant be Competetive anymore... Its not about the Ranking System.

I know that it will be included soon. Please,try to compare CF2 with CF3.

Next to CF2 it looks like total trash. Also it feels like its just a baby version of it...

People like you who think open walls are great or other people who think this is a positive feature never really played CF2 very often. CF2 was an extremely nice multiplayer snake game which has just everything you need.I played some thousands of hours in Curvefever and i know what im speaking about. The walls always were closed and now you changed a whole concept. I could agree if you put the open walls item in it but like this? Just a total joke. Also you dont have the contact with the people you had in CF2..You cant play ranked together anymore with who you want - You cant chat with your friends outside of a match or anything. Where are the Team Matches? The map is totally too small and the lines too thick. I already have seen that you changed the thickness but its just too much. Look on the lines of CF2 and the map - BIG MAP with THIN LINES which is just perfect. You can camp properly - play longer - make awesome moves etc. it just makes more fun at all. You think people will even play until Arena 4 and 5? The most people just play in the free Arena 1 , maybe try Arena 2 and after that go offline because the game is different and doesnt make so much fun like CF2. You could say now : Yeah, but different doesnt mean bad. Check the feedback of the real players and you know it. We dont want your own ideas for a whole new game concept  - we want our ideas into this game. Most people want it like CF2 which you could redesign - refresh - make more attractive - give it a new hype - Following the feedback of the Community. Doesnt mean you have to do it on the dead flash soon but on the new system.

 

Follow our dreams and Curvefever wont die.

 

Tranquility. †'s picture
Offline
Clan: Blub

Implex, you are comparing a game that is less than one month old to a game that was developed for more than 4 years. It is simply unfair to say that. CF2 took a lot of time to develop it's core features which you all adore right now. To expect it IMMEDIATELY in CF3 is very unrealistic.

I think it's got great potential. It's not great yet or competitive, but it could be. The open walls mean more attacking and kills - entertaining to some. Not everyone likes the calm, slow camping. It's tedious after a while for some people. 

Also, why should you be able to play ranked games against who you want to? That's the main reason that CF2 had a lot of cheaters because it is easily exploitable because you can pick and choose your opposition - that's not true skill. True skill is playing vs. anyone and everyone and winning. Ofc, that's my opinion.

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 8 September, 2016 - 10:23
Offline
Champion

Tranquility. wrote:

 

Also, why should you be able to play ranked games against who you want to? That's the main reason that CF2 had a lot of cheaters because it is easily exploitable because you can pick and choose your opposition - that's not true skill. True skill is playing vs. anyone and everyone and winning. Ofc, that's my opinion.

As much as I agree with you on this part I still got to say if you don't get to play this game with your friends it'll ruin the fun. I'm speaking for myself when I say I wouldn't want to play with randoms when I can play competitive games with my boys + have fun doing it. A lot of cheating has been made that's true however you're taking away the last thing that's actually enjoyable on this game. I don't even think anyone cares about rank anymore. But being able to setup games where you know everyone in the lobby is experienced enough to clutch a round is literally what makes this game fun. Don't take that away from us. (If you're saying random teams are fun they are for a certain amount of time however they get boring real quick).

Tranquility. †'s picture
Offline
Clan: Blub

It's not taken away from you. You can play custom matches... xD

Offline
Clan: SCAR

@Implex @Im_Koso

These things you're talking about makes no sense! "No teamgames" No friends to play with" and so on.. All these tiny differences compared to cf2. They will be added guys, don't worry.

I have to admit that the first time I played cf3 it shocked me cause the big gameplay difference. But the funny thing is that I got kinda experienced with it and when I came back on cf2 yesterday it felt like totally weird to me. What im trying to say is that it depends on the game you started on. Players who have never played cf2 but just started playing cf3 may have the same critics about cf2 as you guys have about cf3.

Like Alan said, its not fair to judge this game at this point. Give it a try, if you dont like it, dont play it. Its as simple as that. I believe in its potential tho!

Offline
Champion
1v1 america nr. 17
team america nr. 55
Clan: NO2

I tried the classic mode, things I noticed:

-Line thickness is perfect.
-I like that you can touch corners of holes like oldschool cf2.
-Turning radius is huge and not similar at all to cf2.
-When you let go of your key, you should travel in a straight line, but occasionally it goes minutely crooked. (Drops 1 pixel every 30 in the direction of the last pressed key.)

What I would like to see implemented:
-1v1 scaled more similar to cf2
-Team mode

Offline
Champion
1v1 america nr. 17
team america nr. 55
Clan: NO2

As for the competitive aspect:

Will there be any way to incoorporate some type of ranking system for team mode, when it is developed? I personally don't like FFA at all, because there isn't much of a tactical aspect to it in my opinion, apart from using space efficiently.

And please, no borders is fine for FFA, but in teams where positioning matters, it is a very bad idea. If you like craziness stick to FFA.

R4W1L's picture
Offline
Champion
Clan: r4

Nitrogen Dioxide wrote:

I tried the classic mode, things I noticed: -Line thickness is perfect. -I like that you can touch corners of holes like oldschool cf2. -Turning radius is huge and not similar at all to cf2. -When you let go of your key, you should travel in a straight line, but occasionally it goes minutely crooked. (Drops 1 pixel every 30 in the direction of the last pressed key.) What I would like to see implemented: -1v1 scaled more similar to cf2 -Team mode

I agree 100%, a smaller turning radius would be great!

And please, no borders is fine for FFA, but in teams where positioning matters, it is a very bad idea. If you like craziness stick to FFA.

why not just add a switch in the custom match settings to enable/turn off walls^^ 

_____________________________________________________________________
Join my CF2 and CF2 remastered discord!

Tranquility. †'s picture
Offline
Clan: Blub

You can still position yourself with open walls, even in team games. It's just more challenging (like translating a 2D calculation into 3D). I wanna try it tbh! I think it might be difficult for casual players to learn any sort of worthwhile tactic though. 

Offline

To be neutral, I think I will continue to play both CF2 and CF3.

After the OMGWTF of 10 first CF3 games, I finally like it. And, as said many times, the game is still in development and I already noticed several positive updates. For the moment, with StandAlone version on W10, I have not seen any "cheating lags" as CF2 often have. Now, yes, the open walls are strange at beginning but they avoid pro campers that ruined sometimes CF2 games. And as oldschool curvers, we have access to a unique Shadow Beast that CF3 newbies can't have. So perhaps CF2 is more hardcore and CF3 more casual. But hey, I sometimes appreciate to have more fun and less focus :-) Losing rank on CF2 was sometimes very unfair. Even if all that is still very subjective, or course...

I like CF1. I like CF2. I like CF3. I like CF4.

Incred's picture
Offline
Champion

Im_Koso wrote:

Tranquility. wrote:

 

Also, why should you be able to play ranked games against who you want to? That's the main reason that CF2 had a lot of cheaters because it is easily exploitable because you can pick and choose your opposition - that's not true skill. True skill is playing vs. anyone and everyone and winning. Ofc, that's my opinion.

As much as I agree with you on this part I still got to say if you don't get to play this game with your friends it'll ruin the fun. I'm speaking for myself when I say I wouldn't want to play with randoms when I can play competitive games with my boys + have fun doing it. A lot of cheating has been made that's true however you're taking away the last thing that's actually enjoyable on this game. I don't even think anyone cares about rank anymore. But being able to setup games where you know everyone in the lobby is experienced enough to clutch a round is literally what makes this game fun. Don't take that away from us. (If you're saying random teams are fun they are for a certain amount of time however they get boring real quick).

 

Of course this is very debatable. A matchmaking system prefers fairness over community. A lobby system prefers community over fairness. There was(and still is!) a lot of community in CF2, which was awesome! However, I remember at the beginning of CF2, there was not much community. I played because I loved getting better at the game, now I stay because I still love the game - but the community as well. CF3 is obviously very arena-orientated which puts you in a group of random players with all different skill (since there are no ranks at the moment). Then you likely never see those players again unless you happen to queue at the same time right after the match finished. If team was put into an arena format it would still be likely that you can queue into arena with team mates of your choice - not randoms. Obviously in my opinion, it's a bit complicated because we don't know whether rank will be applied to custom games and arena (or both).

 

Offline

I have already seen several times same players on CF3. They are not friends for the moment (yet because there is no button to add friends). But I'm quite sure (let's say I hope) there will be friend abilities and so a new CF3 community in a near future... True ?

I like CF1. I like CF2. I like CF3. I like CF4.

Implex's picture
Offline
Clan: vS

If atleast the walls wont be closed I stop with this game.

Its just wrong to change the whole concept of the game just because you are so creative wowowow.

No one ever played games with the open walls item anytime and now you just implement it as forever open walls...

Could think of keep playing with a normal map but this crap?

Its just sad..

zeroZshadow's picture
Offline

Oke Implex, bye.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Offline

Geert doesn't make money because some guys pay for the awesome cf2 premium... advertisments are the main source of profit= he wants to create a game which looks good for occasion player 

it doesn't matter if 20 - 100 guys think it's "bad", just because it changed in like every aspect. As long as enough people watch the advertisments it's totally fine.

It maybe sounds aggressive and Alan aka Tranquility. will prob flag it as offensive, but cf3 looks like a mainstream game, without personality. It has several elements of other games like League of Legends (aka the queue system), Clash of Clans (the coin system) etc etc. 

 

 

 

in the end I can just suspect that cf3 will have a new community. The decision belongs to Geert, he decides if this is what he wants or not. He won't change his opinion just because guys like Implex say they would stop. Accept it

 

 

Implex's picture
Offline
Clan: vS

Everything I wrote is just my opinion. I expected from beginning on that CF3 will be trash and my thoughts came true. Almost no Community included even tho so many awesome suggestions were presented. Its just wrong how the stuff/mods act with the people at all, too. Looks like most of them have no knowledge of the things they do here. Roojos and Martini are very friendly and polite people not like many others. I dont see any development and a lot wrong decisions.

 

If someone feels offended already I am an Apache Helicopter, respect it.

*flies away*

zeroZshadow's picture
Offline

Implex wrote:

I dont see any development

Dude, how fast do you think 2 people can make changes to a multiplayer game?

Therer was a decision made to bring out a playable and functional version of the game as soon as possible, and to improve and add on this in monthly iterations afterwards.

Just seeing that in the tiny amount of time since release, they added:

2 colors, classic mode, fixed shit tons of crash bugs, added better nickname picking for new accounts, and even balanced curves and powerups based on COMMUNITY FEEDBACK.

So just because they arn't implementing anything that you want in 2 weeks, doesn't mean you should start complaining about it like a child not getting candy ;)

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Implex's picture
Offline
Clan: vS

zeroZshadow wrote:

Implex wrote:

I dont see any development

Dude, how fast do you think 2 people can make changes to a multiplayer game?

Therer was a decision made to bring out a playable and functional version of the game as soon as possible, and to improve and add on this in monthly iterations afterwards.

Just seeing that in the tiny amount of time since release, they added:

2 colors, classic mode, fixed shit tons of crash bugs, added better nickname picking for new accounts, and even balanced curves and powerups based on COMMUNITY FEEDBACK.

So just because they arn't implementing anything that you want in 2 weeks, doesn't mean you should start complaining about it like a child not getting candy ;)

I dont mean the bug fixes and simple feedback you get since 2 weeks but the feedback you got from the past year/s which no one cares of you. Most of the implementation ideas came from the developers.

I am a simple player here and just writing my opinion. If you cant deal with it as a mod/stuff then go out of this forum and dont write to me. Insulting is also a wrong way to interact with the Community.

Tranquility. †'s picture
Offline
Clan: Blub

Dear all,

Your feedback is noted and we thank you for it. This topic will be closed to prevent further aggressive/negative discussion. I feel like this has ran its course.

Regards,
Tranquility.