You are here

corner 180° angles

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
corner 180° angles

Some people can make really sharp corners (without spaces in between), while other people make corners with a little spacing in it. Why is this? It gives a significant advantage to people who can make sharp corners.

Clan: Fra

depends on how fast u tap

Sladey wrote:

depends on how fast u tap

No, thats the reason i made this topic. It doesn't.

sam_pum's picture
Champion
1v1 america top 5.7%
team america top 5.3%
Clan: Jeff

Just practice a bit, you don't have to smash your keys ^^

Try to find the right power and you will succeed ;)

My name is Jeff.

ffa america top 1.7%
1v1 america top 29%
team america top 23%
Clan: Saki

You should pracise it a lot! Playing with 2 hands make it also faster!!!

Clan: KOLL

I have to say it is depending on you and partly on your computer.

Depending on you: Practise pushing the keys fast(isn't the same as 'smashing' them) and the gap between you lines will get smaler and smaler. If you see new players, pros would stay alive twice as long with same space, because they do it faster with better technique.
Depending on your computer: As example, if I play with my laptop, I barely get perfect 180° turn, but if I use my comuputer(almost never do that for CurveFever :P) or the laptop of my uncle, I can even get perfect turn with 1 thin sometimes.

~~signature~~

My time:

NOWODNY2 wrote:

I have to say it is depending on you and partly on your computer.

Depending on you: Practise pushing the keys fast(isn't the same as 'smashing' them) and the gap between you lines will get smaler and smaler. If you see new players, pros would stay alive twice as long with same space, because they do it faster with better technique.
Depending on your computer: As example, if I play with my laptop, I barely get perfect 180° turn, but if I use my comuputer(almost never do that for CurveFever :P) or the laptop of my uncle, I can even get perfect turn with 1 thin sometimes.

I can tap a single key around 5 to 6 times per second. That IS fast enough and I still get much spacing. How can you explain this?

I'm sry, but the difference between you and people who can do this "trick" is called "skill"...

stop searching for other excuses, try to learn clicking fast, doing perfect turns with corner is possible with every ping/keyboard/pc. 

It might sounds harsh, but there is a reason why u are 1,3k, and not 2k.

sound*

nayendq wrote:

I'm sry, but the difference between you and people who can do this "trick" is called "skill"...

stop searching for other excuses, try to learn clicking fast, doing perfect turns with corner is possible with every ping/keyboard/pc.

It is funny how you avoid the question. I'm sure you can't tap faster than 6 times per second, so you just avoided the question and gave a mooh answer instead.

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 16 August, 2016 - 10:17
Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

I am pretty sure that it is not fully reliant on how fast you can tap your keys, although mostly it will. You also have to consider how stable your framerate is. An unstable framerate could cause an imperfect 180 degree turn.

Though I must say, having experienced over 10k games on CF I can tell you that if you are pressing those keys fast enough you can definitely consistently do a super fast 180 degree turn for an entire match.

(One final thing....some of the colours are deceiving. Rendering is different)

180°?

Pff, I can make 360° so fast you barely notice it. Even the game doesn't.

Champion
team america nr. 28
Clan: MISS

It's only about your connection, dont worry, i played on my gf's laptop and i have done 180 degrees without any space like 9/10 times. On my normal computer i do more 1/10

Champion

Pug. wrote:

It's only about your connection, dont worry, i played on my gf's laptop and i have done 180 degrees without any space like 9/10 times. On my normal computer i do more 1/10

You gotta upgrade your computer pug m8, windows 98 aint cutting it no more lool

Incred's picture
Champion

The debate is furious. But ultimately, I think it comes down to a combination of how well your computer (and browser) runs the game and how much of a trigger finger you are gifted with. It's the same for other skills in the game as well. Take camping for example. How are some people able to make a tight camp without ever failing while other players can't seem to finish a camp 9/10 times? You can't 100% rule out that the person is a bad camper; perhaps he can't run the game as well as the other player. The same applies for corner.

But, if you want some tips there are some insane corner players on this game. Kizza and patsel come to the top of my head. 

R4W1L's picture
Champion
Clan: r4

Funny how no one talks here about corner macros/hacks like its no problem at all.

I played in the past 3 months 5 corner ffa matches (all average ~1.6k rooms).
In 3 of these 5 matches were people using scripts.

Do I get now another warning/ban for just talking about it?

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

@R4W1L: We are aware that this exists. Proving it is the difficult part. You can always report it to the cheater section as it is clearly written in our rules that macros are not allowed. 

Champion
team america nr. 28
Clan: MISS

Im_Koso wrote:

Pug. wrote:

You gotta upgrade your computer pug m8, windows 98 aint cutting it no more lool

my gf has 98 or XP i dont remember.. ahah i use windows 10:(