You are here

Curve Fever World Cup - Introduction

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

131 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mopseli's picture
ffa eu top 18%
Clan: cunt

I agree with sundus(LLight.). Norway has very few players(as i know of). We should be able to unite Denmark, Iceland and Finland as a Northern team, imo. The reason i dont mention Sweden is because there are many players from Sweden and they are enough people to complete a full team:) Are you sure this cant be done? Otherwise im not sure we even have a possibility at participating..

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

There are more than 5 CF players from Norway, I'm sure of that. Countries cannot play together as this will not be a world cup then. If your country doesn't have enough good players to win then you are not the best country :)

I'm sure there are plenty of inexperienced players who would be delighted at the chance to represent their country. Win or lose, national pride is very cool. This is not limited to 'pros' only! 

Champion
ffa eu top 14%
1v1 eu top 2.9%
team eu top 100%

pssst, they all want to play with realmadrid :P

Bjavi9's picture
ffa eu top 1.3%
1v1 eu top 19%
team eu top 9.7%
Clan: Sir

I see there are a few wanting to nationalize to USA

Champion

If your country doesn't have enough pro players then it's just not the best. There are enough players from denmark, norway etc. to participate. They might not be pros but they still can play for their country. I mean in sports or other games it's not allowed aswell. No countries are uniting with others just because they don't have any chance to win with their own strength. It wouldn't be a world cup anymore.

Clan: 7

Can you explain to me how ffa-tourney will work.

I thought everyone could join the FFA. But if a room contains 5 polish  players, 2 belgians, 1 spaniard. The polish players will team for sure. There is also no way u will be able to let 1 player of each country in 1 room. So it will end up like a team game imo.

Good job that many of you identified many problems because it's good we can solve them now rather than later on and it's nice to see such enthusiasm from many of you.

Alan just made this post to introduce the world cup so you all knew it was happening. The exact settings or dates have not been confirmed. But I'll try to help out a bit.

Rawr - 1/16 Russian? Yes I do believe you however it would be a lot safer to go for Germany now. You would usually be asked for documentation but it's an online game so just go for Germany.

Countries should represent the country they are from. This makes it FAIR.

Tell why me - Geert has every ip log in recorded but if you were to change ip then it would be suspicious and you probably wouldn't be allowed to play. It's very unlikely this will happen. And Nigeria? I think Geert could do something to see if there any players from Nigeria and compare it to your activities?

So as to not look suspicious play with the account you play on the most and don't lie about your country. This will only ruin the tournament for yourself and others.

The exact date is unconfirmed. But I think ffa will be basic items (I am NOT sure) and it will PROBABLY take place on the last saturday of June. HOWEVER, those who want to become team captains you should message Alan NOW as he has created this really cool spreadsheet. The final team captains (could be 1 or 2 I believe) will be decided by MODERATORS. However, don't think this will limit your chances. If you really want to be team captain, sign up. You just have to manage your team and make sure you are active during the tournament.

Lepelke - This is still being worked out. It COULD be possible to have everyone participating but at the same time making teaming almost impossible. Moderators are working on this and FULL DETAILS of the tournaments will be released well before the tournament.

Don't panic. It's supposed to be FUN!

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

coool*

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

Tranquility. †'s picture

It will work as any FFA tournament - totally random. It's also the monthly tournament, so the winner will get title + coins etc. If the mods see anything which is ruining the spirit of the tournament then they will deal with it.

It is FFA. The best FFA'er on the day must win. So if, for example, we see 2 people from country A in the semi final or final, and 1 player just helps the other win...they will be disqualified and lose all the points they would have earned for their country.

We will have it under control, trust me! Just focus on having fun guys :) 

Tranquility. †'s picture

@the Detective

Indeed, it is pretty obvious when something is wrong. If we see 4 random new accounts registered for Jamaica - alarms are sounding xD 

Btw, the FFA tournament is actually already decided. It will be Thursday 23rd of June (During the break of the Euro Championship Football). I'll be putting the sign-up for that online some time next week :)

And yes, it will be basic powerups.

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 2 June, 2016 - 15:20

If you introduce an incentive such as getting TITLE or COINS people will be less likely to team because THEY want those titles. Why let anyone else win? This is a very good solution :o 

Can't wait for signing up. Also Alan, because now EVERYONE can participate (which I've always wanted check first post on Blomster) is it an official or unofficial?

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

Nice date alan xD

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

podpli's picture

Searching for clan Smile

Pa si malo reko

team eu top 27%

INDIAAAAAAAAAAA

INDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hydro. †'s picture
Clan: TRMP

merica

1v1 eu top 21%
team eu top 14%

I am half Belgian, half Cypriote. So I guess I can choose what country I represent.

Tranquility. †'s picture

Yes Papillon.!

Ok guys, I've been playing around with some numbers for a points system. This is just my very first draft (and it will also depend on exactly how many nations have team captains etc.), so any feedback would be good. I'm trying to make it such that everyone can help their country in the FFA to give them a little boost, with most points still being earned by the country "elite".

See the spoiler for my very rough system draft:

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA one day event (basic) - Thursday 23rd of June

1st 40, 2nd 32, 3rd 25, 4th 20, 5th 16, 6th 12 (final)
7th 10, 8th 8, 9th 6, 10th 5, 11th 4, 12th 3 (semi-final)
13th-24th 1 (quarter finals)

A country may get a maximum of 60 points in total from the FFA tournament.

Team and 1v1 events (combined)

These will be scheduled at specific times. Let's say for example that 16 countries are represented:

2 groups of 8 - league system.

Against each country you will have 2 team matches. This will be either 2v2 + 3v3 played at the same time (3 points available for each), or it will be 2x 4v4, played consecutively. In the case of 4v4 matches, you will be asked to make 2 team changes between each match. If so, you can get 3 points from the 2nd match. If you can only sub 1 player then you can get 2 points from the 2nd match. If you can't sub any, you forfeit the 2nd match.

So it will be recommended that each country has a minimum of 5 players to be successful. Captains are advised to get as many as they can so that substitutes are available in case someone is busy and can't attend a match.

Against each country, you will also have 3 1v1 matches played at the same time (but this will not be at the same time as the team matches). There will be 2 points available for each match.

So in total, you can theoretically achieve 84 points from the league system.

The top 4 from each group then go to a knockout, and the bottom 4 go also to their own separate knockout. Each game will have a 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 played at the same time. If you win 2 or more of those matches, you proceed. If you lose, there will be a playoff thing to proceed as far as you can until you have a defined place from 1st to 8th (or 9th to 16th).

1st 60, 2nd 50, 3rd 40, 4th 30, 5th 25, 6th 20, 7th 18, 8th 16
9th 14, 10th 12, 11th 10, 12th 8, 13th 6, 14th 4, 15th 2, 16th 1

The above points will be added to the points you achieved in the league system. (Little note, if for example a country withdraws or just doesn't show up for loads of matches then the other league will also be compensated for - meaning that for example the games against the team who finished last place won't be counted in the points total. Similar to the football world cup qualifiers when there are some groups with 7 and some with 6.)

The country with the most total points at the end will be the winners.

What do you guys think? If there is someone really good with maths and statistics who can give me a mathematically efficient distribution then that would also be really cool! 

Regards,
Alan

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 3 June, 2016 - 10:35
Tranquility. †'s picture

Or as a small change, I could make the FFA winner 60 points (the maximum), so that nobody can actually get more points than the champion FFA nation. In my head that works better, do you agree? :)

ffa eu top 0.7%
team eu top 3.4%
Clan: KOLL

Another suggestion for FFA:

Limit: 60

case 1: No country has more than 60 points

-> all will keep their points.

case 2: Country with most points is above 60

-> their points will be reduced to the limit of 60 and all other countrys will lose the same percentage of points(uneven results will be rounded)

Example for case 2:

1. Poland 80 points

2. Netherlands 72 points

3. Germany 36 points

4. Spain 5 points

--> First place Poland has more than 60 points, so their points get reduced to 60: from 80 to 60 = 25% lose

---> 1. Poland 60 points, 2. Netherlands 54 points, 3. Germany 27 points, 4. Spain 4 points(3,75 rounded)

With this system it is still possible with a good team+1vs1 result to win the whole tournament, without success at the FFA tournament. But even with the reduce of points, the best FFA country receives a little advantage towards the other countries, if they break the limit.

~~signature~~

My time:

ffa eu top 2.6%
1v1 eu top 14%
team eu top 25%
Clan: SWEG

So you don't need to be premium for the whole tournament?

I have no idea what I'm doing

Tranquility. †'s picture

Nope! 

Clan: Fra

This CF world cup is a good idea, especially as all players can play, and not only premium players. So, I will play for France !

Clan: fuck

ENGLAND 

BEEF BEEEF BEEF

Clan: fuck

when is the date?? :)

Clan: Btf4

Great!

_Crazy-J_'s picture
Clan: KOLL

I'm in as player for Germany

xpinguinx's picture
ffa eu top 4.4%
team eu top 6.4%
Clan: HOLA

hehe Crazy ♥

i play for germany too °\(*o*)/°

team eu top 13%
Clan: DNVD

In for Germany

clans.curvefever.com - the battleground for clans

I'd like to join the Sweden team!! Let's go!!

If you're willing to ghost an IP for this tournament, that just indicates poor character and a lack of admiration for your own national heritage.

Like the concept, might get a bit messy in terms of sorting out the points, etc. But either way it's a great way to integrate the cf community and it'll be a good change from seeing the same old clan tournaments and same old winners that are around.

Also, if there are players who don't have enough players for a certain country, or are limited in rich endowments, then that's the game. I see comments about Denmark, Finland not having "enough good players" to compete with powerhouses like Sweden but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Will GB be as a whole? Or would it be separated into England, Scotland, etc? I feel that we should emulate the traditional stance and keep it as GB

It will be as a whole Idrizzy and it'll be called United Kingdom. I KNOW GREAT BRITAIN HAS THIS GOOD RING TO IT. Like TEAM GB! But united kingdom

pm alan to join 

FFA 1726
Team 1570
1v1 1200

Jamespol's picture
Clan: Vito

is polish team signed? *I don't want to be capitan or represent, I'm only can inform my friends

Tranquility. †'s picture

Hi Jamespol,

We don't have a captain for Poland yet, but I'm expecting one sooner or later! I expect Poland will be competing :)

That's only for the team games though, where the best players will be chosen. You can all play in the FFA tournament on 23rd of June!

ffa eu top 15%
1v1 eu top 7.3%

I,m in for Hungary! :)

I am slovak, so if there is a team tell me 

driv4r's picture
Clan: JSJP

I would like to be part of Estonian team. Also, Boss' and me would like to be team captains :)

"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

Pv0
Pv0's picture
Clan: sC

I want to be a captain of Poland like Kim Dzong Un, k?

CEM_Phycone's picture
Champion
Clan: HC

I want to represent Germany!How can i be part of the team?

Tranquility. †'s picture

I will add you to the list, CEM. The team captain will be in contact if you are chosen for a team. I'm not fully sure how that will be done yet but it should come together in the next month :)

Champion
Clan: sooi

Hi!
I'd like to partecipate and also, if possible, to be the captian of the italian team :) but i'm not sure i will always be there for tours and stuff like that!

xoxo have fun

Tranquility. †'s picture

Hi Pug.,

Send me a PM if you want to be captain. The captain doesn't always have to be there. They just have to organise that a team will be there to play at the time given by mods. If you have an Italian friend who can help then 2 is better than 1. I think Markin0 was interested? Maybe you could team up :)

Contact me by PM.

Hey Alan,

In a previous comment you state that in the team and 1v1 events: "Each game will have a 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 played at the same time.". Does this mean that each team should have at least 6 players? If this is the case, this might need some tweaks since many people already seem to struggle with the amount of players needed for their country.

Hup Holland Hup! Oranje Boven!

Tranquility. †'s picture

All captains are told that they need a minimum of 5 or 6 players to avoid forfeiting games!

ffa eu top 12%
1v1 eu top 7.9%
team eu top 11%

In for France

There are at least 3 major game types in 1v1 that are too popular not to make different competitions for them. Namely 1v1 none, 1v1 thin and 1v1 speed. Please do not make a single type of 1v1 tournament with random items. It would ruin the game for the players good at a specific format.

Go Hungary :)

Tranquility. †'s picture

The world cup won't be focussed on specific power-ups. Since this event is a one-off, it will include all power-ups as that is what CF is all about! There will still be thin, speed and none events too though, of course.

I signed you up for Hungary!

pastakurve's picture
Clan: MIMA

I'm in for Germany... time to try my luck at the tournaments again,

pastakurve's profile on curvefever

Helios3210's picture
Clan: SLO

sounds cool ;)

Clan: HUN

Hi!
I'm from Hungary. Can I join for this cup?

Clan: oof

I would like to be part of Estonian teams. Also I would like to be the captain.

Regards

Boss.

Pages