You are here

In-game Report Function

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Meechanpie's picture
In-game Report Function

I am having a problem with a certain player ( theaucitron)  during my last game and many before he was hurling abuse at me, I don't even want to repeat what he said here I found it that repulsive and shocking. I havn't reported anyone for ages as I usualy just brush it off and then kick them at the end of the game.

The report function on my standalone wasn't and hasn't worked for me for a long time. I also have no screenshots as was playing 2v4 at the time and didn't want to let my team mate down by not even trying.

My question is can a moderator check back the chat and sumbit a report in my name or can something else be done about it?  

Games link - http://curvefever.com/achtung/match/31944905

Thanks in advance for any help

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

Hi,

Unfortunately if you don't take a chat log then it is gone when you leave the room. There are no records. However I am aware of this user and his/her behaviour. Sooner or later the tribunal will get them and then when it is reviewed it is likely to be an extended global ban. But until that time (or until a moderator catches them in the act) I cannot do anything about it, sorry.

Meechanpie's picture

Well thats a shame, but atleast I now know I am not the only one who has been having aproblem with this player. 

On the other hand do you have any idea why the report function does not work for me? If I click it usually nothing happens, but occasionally I get a 505 bad gateway that loads up in my Opera browser.

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 26 February, 2016 - 10:02
Tranquility. †'s picture

Is your browser blocking pop-ups or something? 

Meechanpie's picture

No browser pop ups, not that I think of. I still get a bad gateway message sometimes but at the moment its not even opinging up in my browser

Still getting this stuff hurled at me though.

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Meechanpie's picture

Is there no way to use my evidence to do something about that player?

Without a tribunal I mean, if I or someone else complained about a player to a mod in-game or on forums and showed evidence by screenshots or whatever could a warning or a ban be issued without going through a tribunal?

team america top 23%
Clan: KOLL

Meechanpie wrote:

Is there no way to use my evidence to do something about that player?

Without a tribunal I mean, if I or someone else complained about a player to a mod in-game or on forums and showed evidence by screenshots or whatever could a warning or a ban be issued without going through a tribunal?

http://curvefever.com/content/what-poor-behaviour-curve-fever ->

Quote:

The "Rude chatting" link will not work if you are using Flash Projector as your browser. In this case, please take screenshots and send to a moderator or supportatcurvefever.com directly.

I would suggest you to send the evidence to the cheatermods(gordon, boda, alan, luke) at pm here, so they get the proofs of the bad behaviour and can directly handle the report.

~~signature~~

My time:

Meechanpie's picture

Thanks Nowodny, that would make sense. 

Seems to contradict what Alan said to me already though....

Tranquility. wrote:

Sooner or later the tribunal will get them and then when it is reviewed it is likely to be an extended global ban. But until that time (or until a moderator catches them in the act) I cannot do anything about it, sorry.

Am I wasting my time with sending a report with proofs or should I rely on the tribunal function that never even caught him.....decisions decisions.

Tranquility. †'s picture

In extreme cases some form of action might be considered (so PMs are fine), but for trivial name calling or rude language it's not really worth sending us PMs because our inbox would then be filling up with such cases. My comment that you quoted was based on the fact that you had no evidence to back you up. Perhaps it was a bit misleading :)

Edited by: 
Tranquility. on 17 May, 2016 - 13:39
Meechanpie's picture

Post #5 has the evidence to back me up.

If thats not evidence then please explain to me what is?

Tranquility. †'s picture

Oopsie, didn't clock the spoiler. Apologies. Yes, send that stuff to us via PM. But definitely not on the forum :)

Meechanpie's picture

How convienant huh

You can just lock this thread, pointless discussion as its been almost 3 months since I posted the evidence and yet nothing was done about it. Why would you do anything do. 

Meechanpie's picture

anything now*

Tranquility. †'s picture

It was my mistake. I read the post but missed the spoiler, so I apologise for that. I can confirm though that the user was actually banned shortly after you posted the screenshots (by Gordon). It's a pretty notorious person for this sort of behaviour. So in the end, this was a communication error but the person got their just desserts.

Meechanpie's picture

Banning one of his accounts was clearly not enough for this person, as not long after I posted this thread he came with another account and told me who he was during the game, talking the same crap to me as he had done before. You claim he got his just desserts, but he simply moved his abusive behaviour to another account. 

The problem isn't solved, it just moved to another account and was left to continue his enslaught of abuse.

Tranquility. †'s picture

Only so much we can do!

Meechanpie's picture

That is true, but I took your advice as the Lead Moderator I thought that advice would be sound, but unfortunatly not only did it not help my situation with this player is only seemed to encourage him to do it again. 

Like I can you just close this thread, pointless talking about it. Nothing was done then and probably will never be.

Meechanpie's picture

Like I said can you*

Thanks