You are here

Testing new timer arcs

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD
Testing new timer arcs

Hi guys,

For Curve Fever 3 we have different ideas for the new timer arcs. To see which one is best, we will do some testing in CF2 to see what you guys like best.

Yesterday we put the timer that ends on the snake, so that it opens up in front of you, and it should be easier to go through holes. You didn't like that, so we won't implement that.

Today we will test the opposite of it, that the timer will end in front of you, and start on your snake. This way it is very clear when the timer will end.

Tomorrow we will test it with the timers fixed, statically, to the field, so that it doesn't turn with the field.

Please let us know what you think of the changes!

Clan: Uni

Geert I somewhat liked the idea u implemented yesterday (though the old was better) but what you did now is even worse. Its very annoying to constatly have the circles in front because you can't see where you are going with thin. But really, why was it necessary to change this in the first place? You are trying to change things that nobody every complained about, because they were fine. I understand you want to test features for CF3, but don't change a winning team. I see you asking the opinion of the public on the most useless things (where should we put the curveselector, as an example). Really? Can't you use the feedback of your players on more important things, things that are actually changing CF? For instance the fact that you now want to make holes with a standard interval, seems like a gamechanger to me. I for one, think that's a terrible idea. Isn't it way more usefull to know the public opinion on things like this? Because frankly, I don't think anyone gives a beep about where you put that curveselector.

0verranked™'s picture

Today is better than yesterday because its not that laggy and weird smooth.. but the old settings are best. So i'm for the old normal settings!

0verranked™'s profile on curvefever

markin0's picture
team america top 47%
Clan: b0st

You can also try , always with the old timers , when for example you have 4-5 thin to gradually change the color of the timer -line rather than putting 4-5 circles . I said try because maybe it sucks.

Master Shuriken's picture
team america top 52%

It's still kinda disorientating with the new changes today, but I guess if we played for a long time with either, we'll get used to it. I still disagree with this one because it definitely gets in the way of vision.

OMG!!! It's Over 9000!!! (ms lag)

Clan: 23

Today its much better because no laggs. Just need to get used to the new cooldown :)

Clan: Panz

so everything u did last 3 months should be deleted and the data should be backed up coz all of the changes suck.

If you gotta do something, do it with a lot of drugs.

" I je li ljubav nešto poput dječje bolesti? jer što sam stariji, to mogu rjeđe voljeti "

Clan: 23

katharinaa wrote:

Today its much better because no laggs. Just need to get used to the new cooldown :)

OK FAIL! it still laggs like yesterday. Snake feel really heavy to control. Nice ideas tho :3

Clan: Misa

Geert when I first tested the new timer with Volpex, I was horrified. I even said (quote):

"Feels like someone's taking my heart out".

But after playing for a bit, I started to like it! I felt like I was playing Quidditch in harry potter and the timer for me looked like the Golden Snith. Playing with this different timer actually helps me control 3 speeds in ffa. But when I was playing thin, it was so bad because when the timer ends, I lag a bit. So when I turn, there's more emphasis on the turn and I just hit someone. It's difficult to go through holes too.

constant despair. 18:15 11/3/17 19:15 20/12/16

Forever yours... Mela ❤

Clan: SCAR

I agree with Forthright

Champion

I don't like the placement of the timer at all. 

Anyways, who has a problem with knowing when his items run out? By playing this game more often you will get a feeling for the game mechanics. You will know without thinking after what amount of time your items disappear, just like everyone feels at the flying start when they will start drawing their line. I think no one even thought about the timer before and everyone was just fine with it... because the old timer was just perfectly fine. Useless change in my opinion and you can just copy & paste the old timer of CF2 to CF3.

Clan: SKT

Isn't Beta test about testing new stuff??? Give us open beta and dont ruin cf 2 with ur ideas,srsly its nice but on high lvl unplayable whole day -.-

Invidious's picture
ffa america top 1.4%
1v1 america top 4.7%
team america top 8.4%

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days...

Invidious's profile on curvefever

Implex's picture
Clan: vS

old timer is the best.

ffa america top 2.1%
1v1 america nr. 64
team america top 27%
Clan: EZ

Invidious wrote:

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY

trueeeeeeeee <3

Master Shuriken's picture
team america top 52%

I think of the 3 new timer arcs you've tried out, I prefer yesterday (start back, end front) for non-thin games, and today (static relative to field) otherwise. But I think I still prefer old timer (although it's hard to tell since I've played with it so long)

OMG!!! It's Over 9000!!! (ms lag)

Bjavi9's picture
ffa america top 2.3%
team america top 3.9%
Clan: cek

so did you get a beta game? 
stop trying things that are useless and improve things that we asking for years 

Invidious's picture
ffa america top 1.4%
1v1 america top 4.7%
team america top 8.4%

Thanks for the old timer back. It's really better like this!

Invidious's profile on curvefever