You are here

Serious Decline in Players Right Before CF3...

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
qing3905's picture
Serious Decline in Players Right Before CF3...

As I'm sure everyone has noticed consciously but inexpressively by now, what's up with the serious decline of players and gameplay in CF2? Now it's gotten boring just about everywhere; there are hardly any fun rooms, and the one's that seem worth it are full of noobs. Everyone sticks to the same games - speed, thin, corner, rspeed, etc., and now everyone's more or less bored of it. Those noob rooms sometimes are also filled with trolls; it's as if CF2 isn't even a fair game anymore, but a trolling site. Not just this decline among the lower ranks, but the morale of the higher-ups is practically corrupted as h***. Seriously, I hope CF3 brings back some of the good players and fun, and create more challenges or goals to accomplish.

+ Why not play some new items for a change? For example, if you added the big turn powerup to a speed game, you'd probably find it much easier to play for yourself and others. No one ever even bothers with split; anyone actually tried split + switch? If it comes down to a 1v1, You'll have a more heated time trying to stay alive while trying to kill your opponent rather than worrying about your one snake. If that's time consuming, throw in a red speed or remove the erasers, or both ffs. I prefer to play the games that aren't the major 3. Cuz I'm BOOOOORED of them.

zeroZshadow's picture

So what you are saying is, that instead of a decline in players, there is a decline is players you want to play with?

While a slight decline in players is very normal after the holidays, we're still above the 30 thousand players a day (40k on fridays).

I'm a big fan of the combination: Player swap, Controls swap, Extra Powerups.

Makes the game pure chaos :D

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

ffa eu nr. 92
team eu top 3.5%
Clan: KOLL

qing3905 wrote:

+ Why not play some new items for a change? For example, if you added the big turn powerup to a speed game, you'd probably find it much easier to play for yourself and others.

I play now since about one year the itemset gspeed+rspeed+blue ereaser+bubbles+big turn. Sadly the most highranked players(>95% of 1,8k+ players) just leave after they see the items or stop countdown and leave when I tell them that the items are correct. It's quite hard to get enough people together who want to play new gamemodes.

Note: Thx to patat for always playing with me NOWOSTYLE <3

~~signature~~

My time:

Pv0
Pv0's picture
Clan: sC

Speed is love, Speed is life :D

So what's the point of this topic? The author wants to complain that no one plays the items he likes (which just don't go well together)..

ffa eu top 26%
team eu top 40%

funghi wrote:

So what's the point of this topic? The author wants to complain that no one plays the items he likes (which just don't go well together)..

Think the point is, people should be more opened minded, get out of your comfortzone and try new stuffs. You never know, until you try it out! 

"Stupid is as stupid does" Forrest Gump

Mopseli's picture
ffa eu top 18%
Clan: cunt

zeroZshadow wrote:

we're still above the 30 thousand players a day (40k on fridays).

hhhhhehe lol

goatplayer's picture
team eu top 25%

Bodalee wrote:

funghi wrote:

Think the point is, people should be more opened minded, get out of your comfortzone and try new stuffs. You never know, until you try it out! 

You tell them!

nayenda †'s picture

zeroZshadow wrote:

While a slight decline in players is very normal after the holidays, we're still above the 30 thousand players a day (40k on fridays).

You sure?

Champion
ffa eu top 2.9%
1v1 eu nr. 15
team eu nr. 3
Clan: NO2

zeroZshadow wrote:

If you'd stop looking at statistics and actually played the game, you'd realize it's pretty dead lol.

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

Maybe some pros left, but the game is probably still just as popular in schools. To call a game dead because some of the top 0.1% of the rankings are not here any more is quite a bold comment xD