You are here

We need 2 more moderators, could it be you?

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub
We need 2 more moderators, could it be you?

Hi all,

So it's almost 2016 now, happy new year! The Curve Fever team is in need of 2 new moderators. A moderator is a volunteer who is assigned to do a role for the good of the gaming community. We need the following:

1. Tournament moderator - to help organise and run official Curve Fever tournaments.
  2. Cheater (forum) moderator - to help deal with cheaters and manage the forums.

Do any of these positions interest you? If so, you can apply by sending an email to supportatcurvefever.com before 21st January 2016. We will require:

• your account name.
  • your age.
  • which moderator role you are applying for.
  • a quick description of why you think you would make a good addition to our team.
    • e.g. What things make a good moderator?
    • e.g. What could you bring to the team to improve it?

Here are some details on what exactly these moderators do!

Tournament moderator 

Spoiler: Highlight to view

The tournament mod should have at least one day free per month to run an official tournament. This needs to be consistent throughout the year and involves getting players to sign-up, making a fair schedule and being in charge of the tournament on the day. You will also need:

• good English language skills
  • Skype - regular contact with the staff team
  • ability to cope with pressure and multi-tasking

Cheater (forum) moderator 

Spoiler: Highlight to view

The cheater mod is responsible for catching and dealing with players who make this game unfair. You will need:

• good English language skills
  • Skype - regular contact with the staff team
  • a strong understanding of the Curve Fever rules
  • a few hours free time every week 

We will also want this moderator to help with the forum in general if possible (keeping it clean).

We look forward to hearing from you all. Best regards,
The Curve Fever Team

PS: I'm sorry to those who applied for the previous tournament moderator vacancy. Unfortunately this process couldn't continue. If you still want to apply or know someone who has applied - please redirect to this topic. 

Hi, I want to be a moderator.

your account name: Sure.
your age: 14
which moderator role you are applying for: Cheater (forum) moderator.
a quick description of why you think you would make a good addition to our team:

I am playing this game a lot, and I want to make this community better and help with some cheaters :).

Clan: KOLL

@Sure.

Quote:

Do any of these positions interest you? If so, you can apply by sending an email to supportatcurvefever.com before 21st January 2016.

Don't write it here, send a mail.

~~signature~~

My time:

WNK
team america top 65%

No age limit? that's so bad. minimum 18+

Peace & Love

WNK
team america top 65%

or at least 16+ 

Peace & Love

Champion

your account name.

Im_Koso

your age.

which moderator role you are applying for.

I would happily go for either one of them. If I have to pick one Id go with tournament moderator but as stated before I would take any task.
a quick description of why you think you would make a good addition to our team.

I play Curve daily. I know how to behave and I'm very mature. I would be an active moderator that gets respect for his awesome work. I'm a simple person to work with and if I get a task i'll make sure to complete it. 

e.g. What things make a good moderator?

A moderator should be a role model. As of now I see lack of communication with the players and the moderators. Too be as useful as possible I feel like you need to understand the community.

e.g. What could you bring to the team to improve it

Personally I feel like I understand the players and what they want from a moderator. I love to work with different people (moderators for example).  I feel like I'm ready to set an example of how moderators should be and I'm ready to be a mod.

Best regards ~ Mod Koso

@Im_Koso

Also to you, read what I wrote to Sure. http://curvefever.com/comment/85989#comment-85989

The applications are send to supportatcurvefever.com and not posted here at the forum. tyvm

~~signature~~

My time:

Clan: Swek

Account name: CSSatan
I want to be a Cheater (forum) moderator.
Why do i want to be a moderator for the forum: I just wanna help people in the game if they got problems or when they stuck anywhere. I just need to relax some time and i thought that was a moment to relax. Anyway im just helpfull. I just need to help someone evryday. Im able to be online evry day for i think 3-4 hours. At saturday and sunday im able to be at least 8 hours online. I also got skype for the staff community.
Greetz Yoran
Clan: Swek

Account name: CSSatan
I want to be a Cheater (forum) moderator.
Why do i want to be a moderator for the forum: I just wanna help people in the game if they got problems or when they stuck anywhere. I just need to relax some time and i thought that was a moment to relax. Anyway im just helpfull. I just need to help someone evryday. Im able to be online evry day for i think 3-4 hours. At saturday and sunday im able to be at least 8 hours online. I also got skype for the staff community.
Greetz Yoran
Video Games †'s picture
Clan: Anet

@NOWODNY they can't read...

They just show it could NOT be them.

Account name: Developed Male
Which moderator role you are applying for: Torniment Modirater
a quick description of why you think you would make a good addition to our team:

Curve fever is my best game and I want to help make curve fever more best :)

Clan: VIP

I've sent my application. Wishing the best for everyone!

Arben1997's picture

Developed Male wrote:

Account name: Developed Male
Which moderator role you are applying for: Torniment Modirater

Curve fever is my best game and I want to help make curve fever more best :)

my fav :)

young talent

Allahu Akbar
Killuminati
be religious be awesome

Airatare's picture

i want to be moderator thx bye

Airatare's profile on curvefever

Clan: MWC

Sent my application a couple days ago, Good luck everyone!

Clan: MWC

Arent you a staff member already? :)

Niels1994's picture
Clan: ISIS

Well, I guess I'm giving it a shot as well! 
Good luck to all other applicants though :)

Kiss 2

FreshxKid's picture
ffa america top 21%
1v1 america top 15%
team america top 97%

hello, I want to be a moderator.

My name is FreshxKid

Age 15

I want to be a moderator. because i play 24/7 this game which moderator role you are applying for: Cheater (forum) moderator.

I am playing this game a lot, and I want to make this community better and help with some cheaters :).

Niels1994's picture

FreshxKid wrote:

hello, I want to be a moderator.

My name is FreshxKid

Age 15

I want to be a moderator. because i play 24/7 this game which moderator role you are applying for: Cheater (forum) moderator.

As has been posted a million times before, you should send your application to supportatcurvefever.com 

Kiss 2

Clan: blow

I am real fan ofthis game this is awesome , for moderator i want be cheater moderator i hate cheaters i want to help ! Ts i all goodbye

1v1 america top 51%

Totally posted in the wrong topic.

Applied. Good luck to everyone ;)

Video Games †'s picture
Clan: Anet

Don't let us wait so long!!! :P

Niels1994's picture

Video Games wrote:

Don't let us wait so long!!! :P

As said in the email, the questionnaires can be submitted until the end of January, meaning that it will at least take a few more days before anything can be concluded :)

Kiss 2

@Niels1994

Finally someone who can read. Yahoo!

~~signature~~

My time:

It would be nice to see who are the current moderators to see if people are doing their job, not just taking space for people who actually want to be a helpful member to the community (something which, ironically, people must've said in their resume when applying for moderating roles).

@Idrizzy

http://curvefever.com/content/our-team

We have for:

Cheater: TheGordon, LukePvM, (Tranquility.)

Forum: Tranquility., NOWODNY2

Clan: TheGordon, Teaa, jezevec10

Tournament: Depp, (Marloesvr)

Fun: Marloesvr, (Teaa)

Tribunal: jezevec10, Tranquility.

And in general the mods help out at other sections if help is needed.

Edited by: 
NOWODNY2 on 26 January, 2016 - 19:28

~~signature~~

My time:

@NOWODNY2 thanks for getting back to me so promptly. Although maybe the "Our Team" page needs to be updated ot add Luke there haha

Can I ask if you're happy with the current crop of moderators you have? And why do you need to expand with moderators on the cheater and tourney sections? 

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

Luke simply didn't update his personal profile. When he does he will be on the page.

The current mods are fine, however a couple are becoming a little inactive. The cheater section can always do with a helping hand and we need someone to run tournaments consistently. Recently it has been handed to whoever is available to do it, it shouldn't really be like this.

Excited!

Topic locked