You are here

Change of servers

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Change of servers

has the european server moved to ireland? 

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

The EU server has been in Ireland for a long while now. 

I live in london and i lag everytime i get on curvefever i have 15mbps, and i use the flash 18 standalone.

thats my download speed, and i hyave been getting slows every time eventho my internet is fine.

Rafa.'s picture
ffa america top 6.2%
1v1 america top 18%
team america top 44%

[url=http://postimg.org/image/9c7uzfrnn/][img]http://s13.postimg.org/9c7uzfrn...

it doesn't matter where the server is if the server can't handle so many connections at the same time. explain to me how I have this much speed into a server in Dublin and the game still isn't good.

and explain to me how other games can have almost a million players on at the same time without lags. =)

Rafa.'s picture
ffa america top 6.2%
1v1 america top 18%
team america top 44%

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

I live in Glasgow and I can play fine in both my flat and my work :\

Abdil as far as I remember, haven't you been having connection problems for a while now? Do you use wi-fi? If you use a wired connection then I would recommend consulting your ISP. Your download/upload speeds don't provide an accurate reflection of your CF performance.

zeroZshadow's picture

The server has no issues handling the amount of players that it is currently getting, which is below 5% capacity for both cpu and bandwidth.

This issues are that:

1. Flash networking goes over HTTP(s) connections, which is not optimal for a realtime game.

2. Curve Fever gameplay needs to be in perfect sync. This makes it harder to hide the lag.

An example of the second point would be to compare it with a good FPS game. If the enemy has bad internet, they do not teleport around, but slide from the position we though he was at, to the position he actually is.

This is fast and smooth, making it hard to see for the player.

However curve fever cannot do this as the player either goes straight, or makes a turn.

Point 1 will be greatly improved in the HTML5 remake, as we can use websockets for networking, which are faster and more robust. Point 2 is something inherit in the gameplay.

Below is an image of my speedtest from Breda, Netherlands, to the same server Rafa. tested against. I've NEVER had lag before unless something went wrong with the servers (Which really isnt that often). The most important statistic here is PING, not download speed.

Edited by: 
zeroZshadow on 15 September, 2015 - 16:14

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Rafa.'s picture
ffa america top 6.2%
1v1 america top 18%
team america top 44%

Where are the american and asian servers located?

I'm very curious.

zeroZshadow's picture

The American server is in chicago, and the asia server in singapour.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

ferma's picture

In one rooms there are lags, in other rooms - no lags. I think it depends on other players. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4667458703