You are here

Lava & Arctic Colors

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Champion
Lava & Arctic Colors

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if there's already a topic about this bug, but if yes - I'm sorry and I didn't find it.

Anyway, my topic is about the two new colors "arctic" and "lava". These two colors are total cheater colors. With them you can touch other lines so hard and that's simply unfair. All the time people can kind of go through holes which are really not do-able to pass.

Here I have a huge proof:

http://i59.tinypic.com/295a8o9.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/1s12ra.jpg

LAVA is totally IN the arctic color. This is just unfair, isn't it?

On the right side she kind of jumped but on the left side she is just IN the arctic color.

Of course, I understand you want that people buy your colors but making such a disadvantage to colors like yellow or green for example, is extremely unfair.

Well, I guess this proof is enough, isn't it? Many people saw this "bug" and it would be really great if you fix it so the games become fair again.

Greets, Anna

Laura19's picture
Clan: ois

I might be wrong or the picture has not a good quality but what I see is that Lava made a hole in exactly the same and short part of Artic's line (the curve-line). Actually if you see the hole to the left near to the "bug" both holes have the same size, so apparently it might not be bug just it seems Lava jumped-made hole at the right time in the right place... in other words Lava was lucky...

Still, I'm talking about that picture if people have more pictures with the same bugs it would be nice to see so they can fix if there is a bug with the colors.

Edited by: 
Laura19 on 14 January, 2015 - 03:07

on your picture lava simply jumped so he could pass there. i can show you a screen of the blue color with same insane touch.

Clan: n1

i agree lava and artic is kind unfair color " cheat color " 

i had many times " luck " with extrem touch and didnt die 

something weird its abouts this 2 color 

team america top 74%

I think the problem is that when for exemple white has 2 thins, he is way more thin than when arctic/lava has 2 thins, maybe for moderators it is harder to make these coulours very thin, and thats why arctic/lava can touch more.

celineam †'s picture
Clan: MISS

That is exactly what i have Been saying also^

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

Personally from my experience, I also think there is something wrong with arctic and lava. I mean yes, I've survived insane touches with all colours. But with arctic and lava it is so much more obvious and common. I think there is some sort of bug with the outer lines of the "colour". I meant to create a topic before about this but simply forgot, so thank you for posting this.

Additional information for you: I managed to pass a hole 3 times with arctic when just playing by myself. No jumping! Unfortunately I couldn't screenshot as I was so busy laughing at myself (sad right?), would have been nice to have one. But that isn't possible with regular colours. So I think there is a definite issue here. You can also notice this issue much more when playing 1v1.

Finally, I would like to quote Pug. who said to me "double thin with arctic makes you invincible *.*". Oh how true that is! The white outer lines seem to be able to touch without dying, so with double thin it's almost all white line (as far as the eye can see). Maybe people could do some testing of arctic and lava and give better examples of their MEGATOUCHES! ;)

Tranquility.

Singapur's picture
Tranquility. wrote:

Additional information for you: I managed to pass a hole 3 times with arctic when just playing by myself. No jumping!

Tranquility.

Haha, i doubt that! RLY? 3 times 1 hole? No Thin? No jump?

To be, or not to be: that is the question.

Pjush's picture
Champion
Clan: HC

Lava  = Pjush = Luck

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

Champion
ffa america nr. 15
1v1 america top 15%
team america nr. 36

Omg i didnt comment this? Q_Q bugged forum.

I fully agree with Anna and alan *-* while using arctic/lava with no thins you can touch as much as rasta/rainbow, but not that much, but thins for arctic/lava you are almost immortal, because the white's outer lines seem to be able to touch without dying really too much xD So it's pretty unfair for other colors :c

Champion
Edited by: 
Yellow.' on 14 January, 2015 - 17:34
Champion
ffa america nr. 15
1v1 america top 15%
team america nr. 36

Yellow.' wrote:

this isn't anymore fun to play http://i60.tinypic.com/29uq6a0.jpg http://i62.tinypic.com/j7f1jr.jpg[/quote]

Mmmm second is totally normal, it was speed, and first is "normal" it happens with all colors, but with these colors it happens 9/10 others 3/10 xD

Laura19's picture

Well I don't know anything about programming but to be honest the color it is just another property of the line that has nothing to do with the zize of the line, in other words they say this line is 5 milimiters with this color shape but the 5 milimiters are the same for any color. Of course you see that lava, artic, rain or rasta are better to camp because you think it seems to be more close to each line, but it is an optical illusion. For example you go to Microsoft Word, you pick a size of font and you start changing the style of  the font... some styles make the font to look bigger or smaller but the size is exactly the same...

Again i dont know about programming but it seems logic to me that those settings do not depend of the color... the line has the size and the color only fill that line...

Also if you go to see that topic where people posted pictures of players that passed through hard ways they all have not used lava or artic and touch the lines like that (look at incred with blue color in many pictures)...

the thread: http://curvefever.com/content/nice-ways

Edited by: 
Laura19 on 14 January, 2015 - 18:47
pleiades's picture
Champion
ffa america top 2.4%

First u all complain there is no new colour now there are new colours and u complain they would be cheater colours ...oh come on Geert and the other programers aren't perfect..

pleiades's picture
Champion
ffa america top 2.4%
Laura19 wrote:

Well I don't know anything about programming but to be honest the color it is just another property of the line that has nothing to do with the zize of the line, in other words they say this line is 5 milimiters with this color shape but the 5 milimiters are the same for any color. Of course you see that lava, artic, rain or rasta are better to camp because you think it seems to be more close to each line, but it is an optical illusion. For example you go to Microsoft Word, you pick a size of font and you start changing the style of  the font... some styles make the font to look bigger or smaller but the size is exactly the same...

Again i dont know about programming but it seems logic to me that those settings do not depend of the color... the line has the size and the color only fill that line...

Also if you go to see that topic where people posted pictures of players that passed through hard ways they all have not used lava or artic and touch the lines like that (look at incred with blue color in many pictures)...

the thread: http://curvefever.com/content/nice-ways

nice post btw

Champion
Portal Gun's picture

I agree with Laura in that the colour of the line should have no effect on the collision mechanism working/not working. However what does have to be considered is the method that is being used to implement this three-layered colour. (it is possible that this could affect collision in some way). Personally I believe that it is either a flawed method or perhaps just, as Laura said, an optical illusion. 

Either way I believe that the collision detection method needs to be improved dramatically so as to provide a sense of consistency that this game is in desperate need of; meaning that games will not be decided on the reliability of the hit-detection algorithm but instead on the skill of the players involved.

Edited by: 
Portal Gun on 14 January, 2015 - 23:20

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/03/1421286863-capture-d-ecran-2...

Can you do that with a regular colour ?

Not a rhetorical question. Just asking.

Anna I love you

snssays †'s picture
Clan: LvLy

pleiades wrote:

First u all complain there is no new colour now there are new colours and u complain they would be cheater colours ...oh come on Geert and the other programers aren't perfect..

I totally second this,imperfection is quite common as it is just a game.Be glad they are asking only 10 euros

0 Expectations = ∞ Happiness Drinks

zeroZshadow's picture

The collision checking on the server is exactly the same, no matter the equiped color. So it either is an optical illusion, or somehow the striped colors draw slightly thicker on the client.

Last time i checked the code this wasnt the case.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Clan: buny

Its not an illusion, I played a game today when Scrolly touched the line with 60% + of his line( I couldn't almost see his line cos he touched other color so hard) and its 100% not illusion, I saw at least 50 or more of these ˇbugsˇ

Tranquility. †'s picture
Clan: Blub

Detroit Pistons, 

I happen to know that you play a lot of speed games, as does Scrolly. The speed games are a lot more prone to bugging like that with all colours because of processing speed. 

Tranquility.

ivYlunatic †'s picture
Clan: brkn

Hi,

Those two colours definetely have a problem.

Actually, it's a "priority" case. Some colors win against some others, for further informations I suggest you to read this topic http://curvefever.com/content/quixys-and-viigoos-research-lab or the following quote :

Alfy wrote:

One month ago I did another experiment with help from ADKPro. We wanted to find out what determines the winner of a point if both players die at the exact same time. So we made a scaled room and at the start of every round both players went outside the screen before the lines settled. At the beginning we thought it was random who would win the point, but the result was 10-0 for me. We then changed colors and then ADKPro won 10-0. So we came with the hypothesis that the winner is determined by the colors. This means that some colors are better than others. We then tested it with every color and got these results.

1. blue        (beats 6 colors)
1. light green (beats 6 colors)
2. light blue  (beats 5 colors)
2. green       (beats 5 colors)
3. red         (beats 3 colors)
4. orange      (beats 2 colors)
5. yellow      (beats 1 colors)
6. pink        (beats 0 colors)

Now, this clearly is an old test, an interesting thing would be to try out the newest colours (Candy,Lava, Arctic) against each other and the "basic" ones. The more tests we get the closer we are getting to the truth !

Eshy's picture

agree 

Clan: miss

I agree too . I made some test by playing alone , and I tried to play with normal colors and after I tried lava color .
Result : I could touch a little bit my lines with lava color, but when I did the same with normal colors, I died .

Edited by: 
RaCuiNe on 16 January, 2015 - 15:39

Maderator Alan joined the room

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA : 2079 / TEAM : 2038 / 1v1 1700

team america top 74%

Arctic touched lava (not lava touched arctic)

screenshots od speedgames are invalid. there is much overdraw because if the speeds so thats another case.
Rainbow or dark blue can also touch. sometimes i touched with yellow so hard i coudlnt see half of my line and same with white.

Maybe thats why they cost more :D

Laura19's picture

6stijn6's picture

Red Speed Pro