You are here

More teams for clantournaments

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
DerLangweiler's picture
Clan: DNVD
More teams for clantournaments

Hi Curvefeverplayers and Clanmembers,

some players of my Clan thought about the possibility to set more then one team for tournaments. I think everybody noticed that there aren't so much Clans anymore, which play clantournaments, so it would be nice if active Clans could set more then one team. For example we, the DNVD-Clan, could set at least 2 teams for the 4v4 touranment and if we ask some people i'm sure it could get 3 teams.

So what do you think about this idea? Should the tournament system be updated?

Greetings DerLangweiler

PianoKamil's picture
Clan: Fame

Hmm, maybe a lot of people support your idea :)

Wink BUD Clan Wink

Droplet's picture
ffa america top 34%
1v1 america top 71%
team america top 5.3%
Clan: Why

Hi! 

What would be your suggestion if a first team from DNVD would get the second team from DNVD for the opponent. 1. How to post the results. 2. How to know which players will play for which team....

My suggestion : Create a new clan for example "academy" of your DNVD clan for example DNVA and register them on tournament. Also you can create a match for example DNVD vs DNVA and you can use the match chat as a common chat between your clans.

Clan: KOLL

this would be theoretical a problem, but as we all could saw in normal official tournaments. at last rounds nobody enter results and mods search for it, so if they see that there is same clan against same clan they can search the results or we add a little rule that you have to send the resultlink to the mod in this case. so i don't see a big problem in this.

and if you play clantournament and nobody enter result, it can happen that the mods search and enter at tournaments and delete the match so the winning team don't get points, so it isn't a big deal too.

and to the point "create new clan", i can just say: "not everbody wants multiaccounts"

Edited by: 
NOWODNY2 on 11 December, 2014 - 16:33

~~signature~~

My time:

DerLangweiler's picture
Clan: DNVD

NOWODNY2 wrote:

this would be theoretical a problem, but as we all could saw in normal official tournaments. at last rounds nobody enter results and mods search for it, so if they see that there is same clan against same clan they can search the results or we add a little rule that you have to send the resultlink to the mod in this case. so i don't see a big problem in this.

and if you play clantournament and nobody enter result, it can happen that the mods search and enter at tournaments and delete the match so the winning team don't get points, so it isn't a big deal too.

and to the point "create new clan", i can just say: "not everbody wants multiaccounts"

Calmy †'s picture
Clan: dad

I don't think it's a good idea. Clan with two or more teams would have too many benefits and it would increase the cheating if a team is disqualified (some players may play for the other team).

Moreover, it would make a theorical problem indeed. It means we need to review the clan implementation for such a tournament, because the results are automated, so you have to enter a result from the clan website. That's why, if there is a match between two teams belong to a same clan, it would not be possible.

~Keep Calm & Relax