You are here

a secret

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Momo's picture
Clan: OFF
a secret

Why would people's rank become secret? This would just encourage people to create second accounts.

I'm sorry but I don't like to play with noobs and I won't change my behavior, many people wouldn't actually.

If anything this would just make people play in smaller communities where they know each and every player, and those who have no friends would be kicked no matter how pro they are.

Thanks for the christmas gift :/

You can just view a user profile to see his rank on page

zeroZshadow's picture

The unranked team matches are now seperately ranked from the ranked team matches.

The "a secret" part is something we forgot to remove, it has been deleted right away ;)

Unranked team matches now have no rankings (as they should). We are still discussing if we should do the same for FFA and 1V1.

Regards,

zeroZshadow

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Nawl's picture
zeroZshadow wrote:

We are still discussing if we should do the same for FFA and 1V1.

Sure... Delete ranks at all ;x

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life

gumbo's picture
ffa america top 4.4%
1v1 america top 35%
team america top 51%
Clan: OFF

It will be annoying when people want to play a fair game in unranked. How will we know what are fair teams without rank as a reference? The teams could end up like this: 900, 800, 800, 1600 vs. 1600 1700 1300 1400. Just an example but no one would know that the teams weren't fair before the game started. And looking up the user and looking at their rank on the website would just take too long. One more thing. I think ranks should be displayed on forum comments. I don't have high ranks but I dont really care, I still like it to be displayed.

Thanks for the christmas gift :/

Edited by: 
gumbo on 4 December, 2014 - 21:35

Why would a ranked team game give any ranks. this is iust stupid. people are using the unranked function for fun gamed with friendd etc. don't do unranked teamgames ranked. for thoee who need rank will turn on rank others just play and enjoy for fun try items or train a bit. alao 1-1team unranked should not be counted as a 1-1 ranked game. again here some are using it just to practice and so on. rank is RANK ON. unrank is RANK OFF i don't understand why you are mixing it up ao much.

ffa unranked was counted but only to give non premium users to play those.

unranked team game*

HeLiX WaVe's picture
Clan: DEV

Hey 89989,

I think you misunderstood us. We introduced a hidden rank for unranked team games, because it helps us to find opponents that play unranked at the same level as you do! Finding worthy opponents is very important, because this is what makes matches interesting. The hidden rank is especially usefull for players that never play ranked team games, because this is the best way to tell how good the player is.

NB: This hidden team rank has nothing to do with your real team rank. By playing unranked team matches your real team rank will not change.

Nawl's picture
HeLiX WaVe wrote:

We introduced a hidden rank for unranked team games, because it helps us to find opponents that play unranked at the same level as you do! Finding worthy opponents is very important, because this is what makes matches interesting.

Really this is your thinking? how da fak can it work in your opinion? Before, when we playerd unranked, we was making teams fair as possible to do good match, now it is ruined. Now teams will be total random instead of total fair.

Sometimes i think that your thinking, devs, is like "will I like this change?" instead of right thinking "do people will like this change?"
I bet you will not find even 3% players who like this change. it's like going backwards in terms of updates instead of forwards. Shame on you for ruining good things -.-

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life

zeroZshadow's picture

Nawl, for the unranked matches there is still matchmaking as allways (we do actually show you rooms as close to your rank as possible). It is just that the rank we sort on, the rank you gain and lose, is no longer visible to you. We think this will work well in the end.

Just give it a try for a week ;) If we notice from the stats that indeed players do not like this new method of unranked teaming, we will improve it untill it works well. This was simply our take on reducing boosters, and improving fun.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever