You are here

Icons update

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

60 posts / 0 new
Last post
HeLiX WaVe's picture
Offline
Clan: DEV
Icons update

Hey Curvers!

Today we have a small update for you. Nevertheless it might bring some big changes on how you use icons. 

We felt that icons had very little meaning in the game, since they are only visible next to your name in the scoreboard. This is a bit unfair, since some icons cost a lot. We wanted to give the icons a small buff, therefore we implemented a new feature.

Icons now drop on the field as tombstones when you die! It is placed slightly above your Curve head. It is also placed on top on the lines. It doesn't affect the gameplay; if you touch it, you will not die.

So go ahead play a game. Be sure to die a soon as possible so you can show off your icon!

 

Nawl's picture
Offline

Thx to you game started permanent lag.
omg, these incompetent devs -.-

Even if you repair lags i still dont like this update. These tombstones will screen off the way so gl with thin games. Even more, it looks ugly. DELETE IT PLS!! these smart ideas -.-... 1/10

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life

Offline
Clan: Her

Bad update, server are totally laggy and if the icons pop up after you died it destroys some ways you could go...

zeroZshadow's picture
Offline

Hiya Nawl,

As you hopefully saw in the announcement earlyer, http://curvefever.com/content/connection-problems , we are having lag because of a problem at our server provider.

This is sadly not something we can fix ourself, but we are in contact with them to get the issue resolved as quick as possible.

As for the icons, we are still working on tweaking them, so i could for example show them underneath the lines, would this improve the situation for you in thin games?

And please be a little more constructive with your feedback, we are doing our best!

Regards,

zeroZshadow

 

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Offline
Champion
Clan: big

Lol the icons above the lines? Sure put them underneath the lines.... 

But it is the update atm what makes ppl lagg 

zeroZshadow's picture
Offline

wilco wrote:

But it is the update atm what makes ppl lagg 

No its not, the has been there since early this morning, the update was posted just now.

And again, it is not something we can fix right now. As it is the host provider causing the lag, not Curve Fever.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Offline
Clan: Her

Please remove this update.. thats really annoying if the icons pop up above the died line because it would destroy some ways sometimes....

onCocaine's picture
Offline
Clan: fm

I dont want to be rude but i see it keeps happening every single time when a new update is being released. My question is - who asked you for this update? Why do you update things that completely nobody asks for?

And I can say this is the worst update so far, totally useless. Why would i need to see someone's icon on the map? Icon is icon and it had the best place to be but no, now all people have to see how great icon I have by showing it on the map. On the map where a match is played.........

Good job...

Edited by: 
onCocaine on 21 November, 2014 - 19:32
sam_pum's picture
Offline
Champion
team eu top 12%
Clan: Jeff

Stop making those ridiculous updates please

My name is Jeff.

MissCurver †'s picture
Offline

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then He made the world round... and laughed... and laughed and laughed and laughed...

Offline
Clan: Her

Please remove this...

Nawl's picture
Offline

I want see map clearly , without irrelevant things like this, which will only distract me.

Mby i was wrong about lags but they started directly with update :d

Remove it pls

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life

Offline

What about if the ICON would disapear after 2.. 3 seconds after you die? That way we could see the icon and players wouldnt have the problem not seeing the line underneath. What do you think?

Offline

pathetic

lol

Offline
Clan: vPro

Guys!!! When bunny icon die its so sweet!!! I love this update!!! :333 *-*

Offline
Clan: vPro

Guys!!! When bunny icon die its so sweet!!! I love this update!!! :333 *-*

Offline

Well, it's a shame people are commenting so rude and bold in this thread. The developers are, as said before, doing their best and they are doing it to improve the game. I think the fact that they are updating the game with new features so often is something we all should be happy about. 

Nevertheless, I don't like the update in this form either, because it's affecting the gameplay in a negative way. The main problem I have with it is that the icons are getting in the way in various ways, when I curve through or past it's harder for me to see other curvelines or make a good turn. Furthermore it can be a distraction and it takes up space, especially in a scaled field.

But I think the concept of showing the icons is pretty neat so I don't want it removed completely. Here's my feedback:

-make the icon invisible for a while when you're cuving close to it and/or going through it;

-make the curveline invisible when you're close to it and/or going through it;

-only show (when you're still alive) in the first few seconds of each round and/or 

-in the end of a round.

Or this:

cat reflex wrote:

What about if the ICON would disapear after 2.. 3 seconds after you die? That way we could see the icon and players wouldnt have the problem not seeing the line underneath. What do you think?

 

Edited by: 
kesef on 21 November, 2014 - 19:23
onCocaine's picture
Offline
Clan: fm

I know they do their best and God bless them but seriously - a few updates that have been released so far are really those who nobody asked for, that are useless and that bring nothing to the game. People asked for so many things but only a small part of them have been improved. People are not mad without a reason.

Edited by: 
onCocaine on 21 November, 2014 - 19:35
Offline

these icons when you die are pretty useless

#Salouté.Power

Offline

onCocaine wrote:

I know they do their best and God bless them but seriously - a few updates that have been released so far are really those who nobody asked for, that are useless and that bring nothing to the game.

That's as subjective as it gets, I pretty much like the latest updates and im sure im not alone.

Quote:

People asked for so many things but only a small part of them have been improved. People are not mad without a reason.

I agree, they should listen more to the players.

Offline
Clan: sfp

worst update ever

Offline
Clan: GiBo

OFFICIALLY the worst update in any game in the history of the world. 

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened - inge

210615 ♡

zeroZshadow's picture
Offline

onCocaine wrote:
People asked for so many things but only a small part of them have been improved.

You do realize we are only a team of 3 developers? Of which currently only 1 is working on the game itself.

The last few weeks we have mostely updated things behind the scenes, making it possible to implement new things and find bugs better. We have some hard needed changes in the works (including fixing the friends panel).

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Offline

zeroZshadow wrote:

onCocaine wrote:

People asked for so many things but only a small part of them have been improved.

You do realize we are only a team of 3 developers? Of which currently only 1 is working on the game itself.

The last few weeks we have mostely updated things behind the scenes, making it possible to implement new things and find bugs better. We have some hard needed changes in the works (including fixing the friends panel).

Weren't you searching for new developers recently?

Offline
Clan: Herz

-

Edited by: 
Katinka· on 22 November, 2014 - 14:03

Smile :) Smile

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

The excessive lag is gone, this was the reason:

There was a fiber cut over there that gave us major issues with that datacenter. 
We believe the issue is resolved now.
Edited by: 
Geert on 21 November, 2014 - 21:47

 

zeroZshadow's picture
Offline

kesef wrote:

Weren't you searching for new developers recently?

I am the new developer ;) Untill now it was just 2 developers maintaining CF.

zeroZshadow's profile on curvefever

Offline
Clan: sexy

It's sad to see that the devs didn't think of the fact that the "dead icons" would be a bad idea. I mean, do you guys really play your game? Because any random with 1300 rank would have guessed that these icons would disturb the game...

Bgz`

Offline
Champion
ffa eu top 12%
team eu top 13%
Clan: Jedi

probably the first time ever I wanna switch off my crown icon..... dislike..... Very Big dislike!

kontra's picture
Offline
ffa eu top 15%
Clan: GEJ

I like updates, but I'm sorry to say - this icon update is terrible. Please, please turn it off! Why?

- Icons are distracting during the game
- It often happens that they show in some tight passage, making it much harder or impossible to pass
- Not to mention white icons appearing on trail of white player - insanity
- Last, but not least - it just looks bad. Really bad.

Icons are looking great next to player list and they should stay there. On playing arena there should be nothing more than players and bonuses - any other things are distracting and making game less fun to play, especially when I die because icon covered a hole and made it impossible to pass.

Online
ffa eu top 37%
team eu top 64%
Clan: YOLO

DELETHE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111ONENOENOENEONEOTWO

This user is warned for this post because of:
Post spam

Warned by zeroZshadow

Edited by: 
zeroZshadow on 21 November, 2014 - 23:41
Offline
ffa eu top 0.7%
team eu top 3.3%
Clan: KOLL

with my moving shuriken i must say it looks realy nice, buy it is true that it is going anoying after short time. you should spend your time on things which are needed and not on something like this!

 

~~signature~~

My time:

Offline
ffa eu top 21%
1v1 eu top 27%
team eu top 19%
Clan: GIMB

We felt that icons had very little meaning in the game, since they are only visible next to your name in the scoreboard. This is a bit unfair, since some icons cost a lot. We wanted to give the icons a small buff, therefore we implemented a new feature.

Then lower the price of icons, instead of making stupid updates. 

Online
ffa eu top 37%
team eu top 64%
Clan: YOLO

pathetic.

Yubi Nashi_IAmDeleted0's picture
Offline
Clan: I

Please, remove this feature...

DoubLe P's picture
Offline
ffa eu top 13%
1v1 eu top 12%
team eu top 14%
Clan: OFF

In my opinion, the update was not the best solution to "give the icons a small buff".

 actually,i see it just made the players angry about the icons huehue.

I guess if you want to change something about the icons, a good start is to make the " lag icon" appears on the side of the players icons, and not taking the space of the main icon... its not a big and great solution, but i think it works more than this new update ;]

Lag gives, Lag Takes . . . and it takes HARDER.

gumbo's picture
Offline

i think it should be more transparent. but really people not that big of a deal... only thing is it can cover holes, but so can items??

Hellbender_IAmDeleted0's picture
Offline
Clan: AtSN

the playing field is already a mess with all this items and stuff, and this icons on the field don't add anything. Please remove this update asap, it sucks...

FFA record 2118
TEAM record 1934

Offline
Clan: miss

Someone can explain me how this """update""" can improve the game ?? A joke ?

Maderator Alan joined the room

 

Spoiler: Highlight to view

 

FFA : 2079 / TEAM : 2038 / 1v1 1700

Offline
Clan: SHIT

This sucks

This user is warned for this post because of:
Post spam, Abusive language, including swearing

Warned by Calmy

Edited by: 
Calmy on 22 November, 2014 - 11:58
Calmy †'s picture
Offline
Clan: dad

Hello,

I'm on vacation for a short period but I would like to do a statement :

Since a long time ago, many of you expressed there is no change in the game. A new developper works in the team to bring these changes.

It's important for the developpers to get your feebacks. However, your way (95% of the time) to do it, is absolutely unprofessional and show a total irrespect for their work.

We have finally the chance that the developpers do many updates and bring many changes in the game. You may like some of them, and really dislike others. Nevertheless, if you want to help the developpers to make the updates more appropriate to your needs, post constructive comments (pros, cons, ..).

I hope you can understand that and you will contribute to improve the changes in the game, birstly by posting structured comments.

Best wishes,
Calmy

~Keep Calm & Relax

veverka's picture
Offline

Hi. PLEASE DELETE IT PLEASE. DELETE THIS UPDATE. PLEASE. THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE AND SOOOOOOO ANNOYING. I love u moderators and I know you have worked on this some time. But please turn it off. Let it be like before. :3 We will always love you, but please just turn it back :3 PLEASE ; _ ;

Nawl's picture
Offline
Calmy wrote:

It's important for the developpers to get your feebacks. However, your way (95% of the time) to do it, is absolutely unprofessional and show a total irrespect for their work.

We have finally the chance that the developpers do many updates and bring many changes in the game. You may like some of them, and really dislike others. Nevertheless, if you want to help the developpers to make the updates more appropriate to your needs, post constructive comments (pros, cons, ..).

So you say we have to like every change otherwise we show irrespect for their work and comments are not constructive?
The truth is, game and its improvements ale for people, and you should make ppl happy and also understand not every thing you made is good for us, even if you like it.
Ofc we respect you (I am at least ^^) and imo you will show irrespect for us if you wont remove this even if nobody like it

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life

Offline

zeroZshadow wrote:

kesef wrote:

Weren't you searching for new developers recently?

I am the new developer ;) Untill now it was just 2 developers maintaining CF.

Good luck!

Offline

"It's important for the developpers to get your feebacks. However, your way (95% of the time) to do it, is absolutely unprofessional and show a total irrespect for their work."

The community of cf are asking all the time to do things who are more pertinent than this,next time it will be what ?When we will win die a message will appear and say "YOU ARE  A PEDOPHILE" ?? or smth like this ? 

 

go warn me for saying true.

Offline
ffa eu top 0.7%
team eu top 3.3%
Clan: KOLL

i have just one suggestion. if you want to implement next time something new(like this icon update) then don't be creative! just take a look in suggestion forum. there you will find a lot of nice things.

(one question: when will be the next "big" update? because at my suggestion topic helix said there will be some things implemented, so i just want to know a date(+/- 2 weeks)

 

~~signature~~

My time:

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
Clan: MOD

Thanks for the feedback. We do hear what the community thinks of it and will come with changes to it. We think making icons more visible is a usefull feature, but off course there are other, more serious things which need to be looked at. And we do tackle them, one at a time. For example, the amount of errors has been decreased alot lately, and we are making 3 very anticipated changes to the game in the upcoming weeks:

 - Friends panel unbugging 

 - Friends spam removal (don't pin me on 2 weeks for this one please :)

 - 1v1 rankings per server

That is on top of our never ending battle to combat lag and try to give players a smooth as possible experience. "What did the dev say: combat lag, haahaa, most lagging game of the year! I have an internet connection with 1TB/s download, and I lag like an ox". Unfortunately lag is a complicated subject, which manifests in different games in different ways. If you want to help us, please send us proper information on your lag, read this FAQ very carefuly: http://curvefever.com/content/faq-lag . Things we have done to reduce lag recently: We fixed quite some memory issues, so Garbage collection during gameplay should not happen. We also reduced the amount of errors, which makes it less likely that the game gets in a wrong state. We are currently looking on how to get the last memory issues out of the game.

 

As for the icons on the playing field: The most annoying is when they obstruct gameplay elements, right? It should not cover holes or stuff like that? What we could do, is to put them behind the snakes and powerups, and make them grayish, so they aren't so visible. What do you think od this idea?


 

Master Shuriken's picture
Offline
Clan: ATK

Please give the option to switch this icon update on/off in the settings. Nice for some games... but for serious ones, no thanks.

It'd be nice if you could implement that, so people who don't like it have the option to get rid of it, whilst those who do may keep it.

Also, its quite annoying having moving icons on the screen. It gave me the impression that someone was alive there (in my periferal vision), and only after I died and looked then was I annoyed to find a spinning fan...........

Edited by: 
Master Shuriken on 22 November, 2014 - 21:10

OMG!!! It's Over 9000!!! (ms lag)

Incred's picture
Offline
Champion

I like this update. Some people say that the icons get in the way, but they don't. Also, it's easier to see who died by just looking at the icon instead of going back to the scoreboard

Offline
Clan: vPro

I love bunny icon :333 Good update *-*Stop hate that guys,dont act like a reach child :P But it's right new colour for example would've be more nicee :)

Yubi Nashi_IAmDeleted0's picture
Offline
Clan: I

Geert wrote:

As for the icons on the playing field: The most annoying is when they obstruct gameplay elements, right? It should not cover holes or stuff like that? What we could do, is to put them behind the snakes and powerups, and make them grayish, so they aren't so visible. What do you think od this idea?

I think that is a good idea if you wish to maintain the icons update as it is. Also I have another idea, why don't you make the powerups also greyish so they don't get in the way so much too? Because sometimes there is a hole but the powerup is blocking my view to it and I have to guess where to drive the snake.

Thanks for reading.

Pages