You are here

Live commentator in tournaments

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hunter491's picture
ffa america top 50%
Live commentator in tournaments

Hello !

To be honest i must admit i have no ideia if i wrote correctly the title of subject :)

Okay, here s the notion :)

Is it a good ideia to set a commentor who would comment all of official tournaments etc?
He could talk by Curve Fever Radio

To my mind  i belelive thats great ideia. This special commentator will be talking about what he thinks about for instance general teamwork of the particular team  or he  can  admire nice camps or perfect slipping trough the holes. Moreover  this commentator might talk about previous matches of players.

Their fails and spectacular wins.  I hope you will understand somethin'  of this rubbish

Im also convinced this commentaor will make Curve Fever more professional.

All the best. 

Kristyan's picture
Clan: Fair

Interesting :)

Really, Curve Radio would gain more listeners. And, for example a situation - I'm not in any room but I'm listening Radio so I can hear that it's a tournament on so I get in a tournament room and I'm spectating. A lot of people would do as my example :)

Edited by: 
Kristyan on 20 September, 2014 - 19:01
Droplet's picture
ffa america top 34%
1v1 america top 71%
team america top 5.3%
Clan: Why

That was already practised once. Someone was talking over curveradio or sth ( i actually do not remember ). It was pretty awesome if you were watching over that livestream chanell but if you were watching it  in the game and you were listening to that guy who was talking it was not OK. ( everything was delayed ... ) But in my oppinion there would be a little problem. ( how would it looks like if someone is talking about the game over curveradio and at the same time the people who are competing will listen to it ) 

Maybe curvefever tv could add voice comentary of every official tournament from now on, on his channel.

The Jumper's picture

There is already a kind of commentator (Ateri comments on CF TV twitch channel), but you are talking about a RADIO commentator that is a good idea too, but having 2 commentators is a big problem.
The thing that the radio can do is telling the people to go tp the stream while the radio plays music (tournament players like to hear music).

No Jumper, No Party! And Rage.

Depp's picture

Hello!

Yes, we tried it several times in the past via Curve Radio. Over the past month we mostly had a tournament stream via the whole tournament which is established now. In some month there is no streamer available. But we are working on it in the future, that we can offer you a stream every tournament.

Thanks for your idea anyway!

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

Hunter491's picture
ffa america top 50%

Well this topic is buzzing i didnt expect that :)
Im happy that CF staff is working on this project

Metta&Peace

Depp's picture

Not only the Staff! There are several people from Curve Radio who are supporting us! smiley

Social Media Leader

Moderator of Tournaments and Forums

Questions? Contact me via private message

Hunter491's picture
ffa america top 50%

Glad to hear that :)

Metta&Peace

Champion
Clan: Jedi

Droplet wrote:

That was already practised once. Someone was talking over curveradio or sth ( i actually do not remember ). It was pretty awesome if you were watching over that livestream chanell but if you were watching it  in the game and you were listening to that guy who was talking it was not OK. ( everything was delayed ... ) But in my oppinion there would be a little problem. ( how would it looks like if someone is talking about the game over curveradio and at the same time the people who are competing will listen to it ) 

Maybe curvefever tv could add voice comentary of every official tournament from now on, on his channel.

That was me x). And ye, technically, it is, or was a little problem, but maybe it's solved now by the cf-radio team. There's just a problem. Most of the DJ's are not really into the game. And that's why they cannot really comment to it. That's why I was trying to do it.

Hunter491's picture
ffa america top 50%
chaos_2_win wrote:

Droplet wrote:

Well its not a problem to set someone as commentor who isnt a DJ am i right?

That was me x). And ye, technically, it is, or was a little problem, but maybe it's solved now by the cf-radio team. There's just a problem. Most of the DJ's are not really into the game. And that's why they cannot really comment to it. That's why I was trying to do it.

Metta&Peace

CurveFeverTv's picture

Recapitulation:
➜ Live commentary on CurveRadio & players watching in the rooms ➜ Would be nice (good video and audio quality) ➜ However, impossible because u will see the game live but hear the commentary delayed

➜ Live commentary on our Livestream channel on Twitch ➜ Video and audio quality is pretty poor (360p) ➜ However, it's possible because the game and commentary is synchronized. ➜  If u wish, u can rewatch the tournament with commentary

➜ Rewatch the tournament on YouTube ➜  Video quality and audio is extremely good (currently 1080p, but next time it will be 1440p) ➜ Music and animations included, however no commentary

And it will be nice if CurveRadio will say that the tournament is happening or when the final will start. ;)