You are here

Referees at FFA Tournaments?

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Champion
Referees at FFA Tournaments?
yes
88% (45 votes)
no
12% (6 votes)
Total votes: 51

It's clear that teaming is common at FFA Tournaments. The moderators cannot check every game and afterwards it's hard to proof it ( also low time ). So what do you think of referees in tournament rooms. 

A referee can:

• Disqualify players who are clearly teaming from the room where he or she is appointed to. 
  • Warn players who are slightly suspected from teaming in a tournament room. ( maybe rule 5/7 warnings in 1 match is disqualify ? )

A referee should be:

• playing this game atleast over 1 year, having enough knowledge of FFA playstyles (1600+ ? )
  • never reported and banned for atleast 3 months, fairnes and neutrality are 2 very important qualities of a referee.
  • not contending at the tournament 

We could try this at the quarter finals of next FFA tournament, that means 3-4 referees. 

Do you think this will help prevent teaming from ffa tournaments? This is just a concept but, please leave any suggestions, improvements or critics.

Regards,

Champion
ffa america top 1.3%
1v1 america top 6%
team america nr. 24

Finally.

Champion
ffa america nr. 34
1v1 america top 13%
team america nr. 75
Clan: 7

How about attack the player near to you?

Champion

Attack is not considered as teaming, however you can also attack someone for the advantage for someone else, but i doubt that takes whole game, then that helper would attack more players per game.

Anyway good to mention, attacking and teaming could be hard to tell apart

Champion
ffa america nr. 34
1v1 america top 13%
team america nr. 75
Clan: 7

It will be hard to delete teaming in FFA :P but let's try it :)

SnajpeK-'s picture
Clan: mooh

I can I be a judge; D 

SnajpeK- 

Haru. †'s picture
Champion
Clan: Sora

You should disqualify 2hot4u for the next tourney. He deserves it badly.

snssays †'s picture
Clan: LvLy

Well,lets take this as good idea.But what if the referee is teamer friend? Then he may warn you and get you out of the game,assuming you have zero ways to prove that you didn't team.

Negative,sorry.

0 Expectations = ∞ Happiness Drinks

Champion

That possibility could always exists. Any ideas to prevent that? I was thinking of 2nd and 3rd referee. At the end of the game, every referee gives his/her list of people who should be disqualified, they compare it and atleast 2 out of 3 should agree on every disqualification.

I d like to become a referee.

Champion

yes

Clan: ajta

OK

Clan: BOT

The idea is nice, but I doubt if it'll be possible to execute.

First of all it will be hard to find people who know enough about this game and don't play in the tournament and are truly objective and want to do this. 

Second of all you can't really define teaming. What is teaming? Closing someone in with another player? Sharing space? Letting someone live? You can do that with friends, but also with randoms. The reason behind it is pure tactical. Sometimes it's best to close someone in with another player, so he won't take your space. Sometimes you share space, because you don't want to be an [email protected]#$ or don't want to risk losing your space or hope that person will too be kind to you (in another round). Why greed if you don't need more space? Sometimes you might not have a 7 point space, but by greeding you can make that person extra, which can cost you points in other rounds. Sometimes it's better to let someone live, so because it barely costs you any space and because of that he/she will ruin someone else's space, while he/she will still die before you do. 

Either way it won't be possible to tell if it's teaming, tactical or that it's just the way that person plays. Take oldghz for instance: he always takes so little space, even though he can safely take more space. It's just the way he plays, but it's not tactical, so in theory it looks like teaming, while it isn't. 

The only thing you can define in FFA is targetting someone, which is imo more of a problem than teaming. It's understandable, yet still annoying, when they are little below you or you're #1 and they try to make the game last more rounds, so they have more time to surpass others. But sometimes they have given up and target the #1 just because he's #1 or some other person for no good reason, without trying to gain something from it. 

In my opinion its too difficult to decide weither its teaming or just an attack with sense. Cause you have to take many things into account as Robotrobbie allready defined very well

Clan: Panz

i'm very judgemental

If you gotta do something, do it with a lot of drugs.

" I je li ljubav nešto poput dječje bolesti? jer što sam stariji, to mogu rjeđe voljeti "