You are here

New Update 0.77

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

65 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD
New Update 0.77

Hi guys,

Under the hood, we revamped the room creation and joining system. But you shouldn't notice anything :)

Best regards,

Geert

BeerMaker's picture

we did notice. you can play ffa games up to 14 points and team games to 3 points now. gg

makes your game count like unranked (everyone gets 0 rank) 

Games are unplayable now. I mean you play like 2-3 rounds tops. Fix this ASAP

The Maker of Beer has joined the game!

YES THE GAMES ARE NOT PLAYABLE. TEAMS IS FIRST TO 3 AND FFA IS FIRST TO 14! PLEASE SOLVE THIS ISSUE

BeerMaker's picture

Fix this game, please. This is another reason not to buy premium!

Clan: Solo

i played a team game and at 6:4 it was over.. now we dont play untill one of the team gets 10 poutns, we play until we get 10 points togheder.. pls stop updating dear geert demmit the more u update the more u fck it up the game was fine the way it was... its perfect :(

Looser of official october 2vs2 speed tournament.(with Yossha)

BeerMaker's picture

NOT PREMIUM PLAYERS PLAY FOR PREMIUM GAME 20 COINS AND THIS GAME LASTS FOR 2 ROUNDS, PLEASE FIX THIS BECOUSE IT FEELS LIKE IT IS CHEATING ON US.

i just played another ffa game i had 13 points and the first had 14 points and it was a tie brake.. ffa games last untill first reaches 13-14 points -.-""" and are unranked... wtf was this update eve nabout i dont see any diference except this shi t cmon man just make a back up and stop updating u willd estroy the game its perfect the way it is :(

man u fck it up and than u jsut go away... first make sure that ur update went well.. -.-

in team game it says first to reach 2 wins lmfao

ffa eu nr. 100
1v1 eu top 50%
team eu top 9.5%

Well, that's not so nice of the game :D

Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD

Hey guys,

There was a little mistake with the score limit. It has been fixed now, just open up a new room.

Regards,

Geert

BeerMaker's picture

You can earn rank by making team game and play to score 4-4 and then win 6-4.

Look, thats how I won last two games: 

http://curvefever.com/achtung/match/15927462

http://curvefever.com/achtung/match/15927024

thanks geer t we love you all :3 :D

BeerMaker's picture

Why love for repairing his own mistakes? Im just curious.

Daniël's picture

BeerMaker wrote:

Why love for repairing his own mistakes? Im just curious.

Do you seriously only see the mistakes?
Everyone makes mistakes, you are making mistakes too.

If you could code better, create your own game please.

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

JackRaz's picture
Clan: SGC

full of bugs,game stopped random and doesnt start again

nice update really

im also got kick by servers 2 times and i lost a kind off 4 rounds or so

GOOD JOB.

Clan: TR

Change title: New downgrade 0.77

TheNewSound's picture
Clan: Baas

Hi Geert,

Nice to hear that you made some improvements!

IDK if this is fixed already but can you remove the "Game is out of focus" message for spectators? its kinda useless and it makes broadcasting a game annoying. It shouldnt be hard to fix?

Greetz,

TheNewSound

"Then you have squared circles" - 6stijn6

Daniël's picture

There's no bug anymore. I've just played a TEAM game 10-7.

Thanks Geert!

CurveFever Moderator

Code withouts bugs doesn't exist because such code would be considered "perfect" which is impossible to achieve just as perfection in anything is non-existant, but you can minimize the bugs, especially the ones noticeable such as whenever a game starts, everything is stuck and it simply won't let us play.. Ameen, and nazar to Eric.

Clan: FLES

!OMG!!

Players loading...

Sounds like you need a tester Geert. I'm a test engineer. I would defenitely work for curvefever. :)

xSynchronize's picture
Clan: R4G3

My god people, error happens. Be happy there is still this game for you to play. 

Ateri †'s picture

JasonM8 wrote:

Sounds like you need a tester Geert. I'm a test engineer. I would defenitely work for curvefever. :)

Unfortunately, Moderators only test the new update before the new update gets released. There's no way anyone except a Moderator gets to test it before it's released.
However I did not get to test it since I wasn't at home at that time the testing was going on. I did hear about the bug tho but haven't experienced it, instead I had a random bug which made all the players  stuck at players loading screen after starting the game multiple times. The only fix I know is to make a new room. This random bug also happens when a player is in the stats screen and the host starts the game.

~Ateri (Developer/Moderator/CurveRadio DJ)

FLAPPY CURVE Developer
Contact me: 
contactatflappycurve.com

I know how to cause that last bug (endless loading screen by start new game).

By the way I meant I could make scripts of how to reproduce all the bugs in this game so it will be very easy to fix em

Daniël's picture

It's awesome you want to help,
but if the help is needed you have to mail Geert.

CurveFever Moderator

Clan: JKU

i cannot join games any more... it always says that that room no longer exists... and i stay in the menu. happens with all of the rooms.

I can create a room myself though...

Ateri †'s picture

Sickhinti wrote:

i cannot join games any more... it always says that that room no longer exists... and i stay in the menu. happens with all of the rooms.

I can create a room myself though...

Did you try re logging in into the game? Try switching servers or something.

FLAPPY CURVE Developer
Contact me: 
contactatflappycurve.com

Clan: JKU

Tried that all...

just tried something together with a friend:

he joined the game, then i joined and he says he can see me in the game's lobby, but i am still on main screen where i can see all the games...

ffa eu top 3.2%
team eu top 6.2%
Clan: KOLL

if you fix bugs, when will get the friendlist bug get fixed? sometimes(not often) it happen that if you open a chat with a friend and want to talk with somebody else but the other chat is still open(no autoclose sometimes),       or that the chat field dont open normal, it open at the bottom and you can't close the friendlist. therefor i have a example http://www.twitch.tv/meeden/b/516955902 minute 48:30-49:15 and as you can see the only thing which help is to reload the game.

~~signature~~

My time:

ffa eu top 3.2%
team eu top 6.2%

and the other type of friendlist bug you can see here http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=swqn9i&s=8#.Uz_otp3wDIU there are 2 different types. sometimes its like on this screenshot then you can still close friendlist but if you open again it`s still like this, or you can have it that one chat didn't closed correct and is still opened with a half. as you can see here http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=aws685&s=8#.Uz_p7p3wDIU . the bigger field is the bugged chat and at that moment i opened a new chat(smal on left site). at this type you can close friendlist too, but bug still exist if you reopen it. and if it is realy bad you can't close friendlist and have to reload. if you can close it you have time to reload the game. it is often anoing if you are in game and have it.

~~signature~~

My time:

Clan: FLES

OMG 20 hours later bug still not fixed..

ffa eu top 3.2%
team eu top 6.2%

and another bug is very often, "you start game and all what happen that it say "loading"". maybe you fix it please?

~~signature~~

My time:

There is an unwritten rule in programming: "Never change a running system."

Apparently Geert does not know about it

Daniël's picture

Yagle wrote:

Lol how to improve a game then lol?
Every professional game has updates = changing a system.

CurveFever Moderator

Yagle wrote:

No one should know about this rule. I do agree that he should spend his time as a developer of this game otherwise. The players of this game would be thankfull if all the ennoying chatbugs for example got fixed. Not something "under the hood that we shouldn't notice". But that rule in itself is complete bullshit.

Dutch4All wrote:

Lol how to improve a game then lol?
Every professional game has updates = changing a system.

Curve Fever is not really a professional game. In it's core, is actually a very minimalistic game: "Steer a curve around, collect items and don't die". So tell me, what is there to update/improve? The only thing you can actually do is fixing bugs or invent new methods to get more money out of it. (It seems to me that the guys behind this site fix more on the latter).

Quote:

Under the hood, we revamped the room creation and joining system. But you shouldn't notice anything :)

We had a decent working room creation system before. Now half of the rooms won't even start, because of the "Loading..."-bug. I am currently asking myself, why did they even mess around with it? Aren't there any other bugs in this game?

JasonM8 wrote:

No one should know about this rule. I do agree that he should spend his time as a developer of this game otherwise. The players of this game would be thankfull if all the ennoying chatbugs for example got fixed. Not something "under the hood that we shouldn't notice". But that rule in itself is complete bullshit.

Have you ever written lines of code in your life? Maybe you should, to understand why you shouldn't unnecessarily mess with working code.

Ateri †'s picture

Yagle wrote:

JasonM8 wrote:

Have you ever written lines of code in your life? Maybe you should, to understand why you shouldn't unnecessarily mess with working code.

I am a developer myself and I've made a few games and they have alot of code ;D My most complex game has over 15k lines. Talking about stuff. Programming is a hard and long process. It's not easy to make games. Try it yourself. It's not somethig you can do under a few days. The time I spent making my latest game was over 8 months.

FLAPPY CURVE Developer
Contact me: 
contactatflappycurve.com

Yagle wrote:

JasonM8 wrote:

You just corrected yourself by using the word unnecessarily, so I'm pretty sure you'll understand what I'm about to say.

First of all I studied programming, so yes I have every written lines of code in my life.

One might change his code to improve non-functional requirements like loadtime, memory usage or improve stress capacity. That's called maintainability. Whether something "works" or not is pure functional, not non-functional.  I'm sure Geert had some idea of why to change his code. Most probably to improve some non-functional features or maybe he just wanted to write better code, more structered and logical code and remove unused methods. Who knows. Ok, it turned out badly, that's called risk. People make mistakes, it happens.

Here is a very easy example:

Imagine you write a method called IsPrime(int x) which takes an integer as parameter and returns a boolean with value true if the integer is a prime and false if the integer is not a prime.

You could divide x to all integers ranging from 2 to x-1 and see if there is a remainder. If you encounter a divider for which the remainder equals 0 you know it's not a prime. If you're gone through all calculations you will know whether it's a prime or not. Now, this would WORK, but it would be very slow for bigger numbers. 

--> You could improve your code by only checking dividers upto the root of x (this is actually a property of prime numbers). This way you get your result much quicker.

And that's the reason this so called "rule" (never change a working system a.k.a don't change something that is working) is complete bullshit because there still might be a way to improve the code.

Your rule is one for dummies, really. Do you have anything else to say or can we end this discussion right here?

Well Jason. I Will tell you! That i dont know shit about this. and the rule for dummies is probably for me

I love it :D

BeerMaker's picture

My understanding stopped at the line 'here is a very easy example' so i guess programming isnt for me. Making beer is for me and ranting about Geert. Yes. Thats what I should do.

Ateri †'s picture

Guys. It will be fixed soon. I'm sure Geert is working hard on it. Every game has bugs. come on it's not the end of the world.
If you've ever played the 1st generation Pokémon games the game has a lot of bugs and glitches. If you don't believe me look on Youtube. You'll find so many types of glitching. Curve Fever should be fixed in a few days. I've also been making multiplayer recently for my game but it's even harder than anything else in the game besides the whole game engine. The rooms might get glitchy sometimes and that's when you go into their core. For now we have to get on with the room bug. Just make a new one. If you can't see the friend list just relogin. That's all you can do.

And of course. If your game has random lags with 8 players but no lags with 2-3 players play it on another browser. I use Chrome but for Curve Fever I use Opera. Give it a try. I'm not saying Chrome is the worst but it will help you lag less.

~Ateri

FLAPPY CURVE Developer
Contact me: 
contactatflappycurve.com

Clan: ATK

Terzaghi wrote:

Code withouts bugs doesn't exist because such code would be considered "perfect" which is impossible to achieve just as perfection in anything is non-existant, but you can minimize the bugs, especially the ones noticeable such as whenever a game starts, everything is stuck and it simply won't let us play.. Ameen, and nazar to Eric.

What the heck are you talking about? If I code for a square to appear on my screen successfully, there will be no bugs...

And perfection isn't non existant, since *Maths* exists.

However, there would probably be an infinite number of ways to code for that square, and there wouldn't be a way to tell the best way for it, perhaps, but it's possible to write a *perfect* program which is a progam that does exactly what you want, right? (But I understand it's hard to get rid of bugs since they are little mistakes in the hundreds of lines of programming...)

Clan: 069

hi geert,

ive another problem since the new update. I can not join my friends now into another room. i think u said that u have changed something with the joining system. Maybe it has some problems now :(. if u would do something against it it would be very nice.

IDI

Stollos's picture
Clan: SUFK

Omg Guys, Calm down pls

Geert will fix it soon. I have also now problems, but we must learn to play with them until Geert fix it. 

~Stollos

get rich or die tryin

Clan: 069

schnauze du widerkäuer xD

Clan: i

hey all,

thanks for the wonderful game anyway. curvefever is exactly what it is: a fever. you can see it above. it's funny, but the name stands for itself. so keep calm and wait for the bugfix.

Stollos's picture
Clan: SUFK

Lass mich doch, wenn ich schon bis Mittwoch muss warten auf kabel gammle ich halt hier Rum :*xD

get rich or die tryin

Seid ruhig ihr famegeilen :D

Pages