You are here

Moderators = Kids

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Champion
Moderators = Kids

Hi guys,

why are kids hired as MODERATORS?

Ok - Wallyson is a smart kid who desgned clan site and curve radio , but why do you hire Patrick_0707 ?
How can this mods be taken serious? They behave like kids ingame. Yes I am 18 and also behave sometimes like a kid.. but is it SO HARD to hire some ADULTS as moderators like 22 or sth who will really do sth for this site?-.-
Why does Wallyson hire now allllll his kid friends to be mods .. oh god !! geert please be active and don't let this get a kindergarden!

Regardsssssss Anna

samaa's picture
Offline
Champion
ffa america top 30%
team america top 19%

I myself put patrick_0707 as my replacer and not wallyson. I'm three months away, so he's needed.

He's been under my control for 3 tournaments already, patrick got he tricks and "skills".

 

 

 

 

Wallyson's picture
Offline

Hello Anna

 

Patrick is now MOD because Salietje is offline for the upcomming 3 months.

Salietje learned everything to organise a tournament, everything will be okay! :)

 

Kind Regards

Wallyson

Offline
Champion

sorry to offend but what is hard to organize a tournament?
you go to paint / word / whatever and write a column where you enter some names and then you enter the winners in the next column..
really you must be kidding me.. how can you hire kids as moderators? shouldn't cf be taken serious anymore? nothing changes here. instead of hiring USEFUL mods who really CARE about their work here you hire some mod for tournaments.. really.. i am laughing ..

sorry but since no one says his/her opinion about all this here, i had to do this since idc what u think about me

go invest time for fixing bugs, go invest time for implementing new ideas.. and in the end you will get lots of more money since people will be spending more money for premium if this game gets better.. 

ps: and i wonder: since u r hiring new mods.. why don't you answer people when they ask you in skype about further information to apply as a mod?

pss: http://curvefever.com/content/ðöß-teamrank-booster

hire this cop as a mod.. he atleast does his job good -.-

Kind Regards

Anna

CurveFever GirL
Email: Yellow.'atcurvefever.com

Wallyson's picture
Offline

I said to that person that i'm busy, I'll give him information later...

 

Offline
Champion

Wallyson wrote:

I said to that person that i'm busy, I'll give him information later...

 

I know at least two persons who you didn't answer to! 

Wallyson's picture
Offline

Congratulations, I will be able to answer them once I'll have the time.

Offline
Champion

Stop being so arrogant Wallyson .. you have to write just one little text of a view lines how they can become mod or whatever and you say you don't have time..

but you have time to answer me here ? Makes sense.

patrick_0707's picture
Offline
Champion
team america top 27%
Clan: vS

I'm sorry but if i read all this then i can conclude that all people of 16 years are autistic and cant carry any responsibilities. I have done nothing yet and you conclude that I dont do my job good. Well, this is what i call prejudice to the next level. Ofcourse this wont change ur mind so I wont spend time on this anymore.

Kind Regards

Patrick

"In a world where everyone wears a mask, it's a privilege to see a soul"

Offline
Champion
team america nr. 32

Ok Anna, let's say making tournaments is easy ok? Prove it is easy. Make an unofficial tournament. Then we will see. Btw: "you just go to paint/ word/ whatever"

Offline

u for president

Daniël's picture
Offline

It's hard to organise a Tournament, and then keep it under control.

Many players keep spamming with questions, that's not easy like you think.

 

And if Patrick didn't become Moderator, we couldn't have official Tournaments for 3 months.

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

DominixPL's picture
Offline
Clan: KKK

PATRICK IS AND IDIOT, GEERT IS AND IDIOT, AND TED SHOULD MODERATOR AGAIN, CUZ HE DONT CHEAT LIKE OTHER MODS AND PLAYERS, HE'S THE BEST FUCKIN IDIOTS

Ted, my best friend...

Dominix mad? lol

NoSlayer's picture
Offline

I didnt even see this thread before i thought about this myself. How on earth is a kid like Patrick a moderator? He kicked me from a room and thus abused his moderator abilities out of nowhere and i hadnt done anything wrong, he just kicked me for no apparent reason. 

Offline
Champion
1v1 america nr. 47

u is boss!!

Offline

The reason adults aren't 'hired' to be MODs in this game is because adults have a life of their own outside this game, where they have to earn real money in order to survive.

Martha's picture
Offline
Clan: SWEK

My defence for Patrick

I think Patrick is perfect for the title of Moderator. I know that salietje thought him everything. What i don't understand is what does the age matter. for example a 16 year old person is seen as a child but a 18 year old is considered as an adult. So that means that 18 + people always make better descions than 18- persons? or that 18+ are more capable of moderating? I think Patrick is now 16 so my first argument is valid for Patrick. If you take me i'm 18++ ;) so i should be perfect for the job? but i know I would not take this moderating more serious than Patrick.

Patrick is not dumb I know he invest a lot of time in this game just because he loves this job. And to the shirtless guy above me I think patrick just try his moderator advantages to see if it works. He only did it once. Maybe not best way to check it but it will never happen again.

 

Martha

1 Love, 1 Clan, Unit

Pjush's picture
Offline
Champion
ffa america top 61%
team america top 7.2%
Clan: HC

Martha wrote:

My defence for Patrick

I think Patrick is perfect for the title of Moderator. I know that salietje thought him everything. What i don't understand is what does the age matter. for example a 16 year old person is seen as a child but a 18 year old is considered as an adult. So that means that 18 + people always make better descions than 18- persons? or that 18+ are more capable of moderating? I think Patrick is now 16 so my first argument is valid for Patrick. If you take me i'm 18++ ;) so i should be perfect for the job? but i know I would not take this moderating more serious than Patrick.

Patrick is not dumb I know he invest a lot of time in this game just because he loves this job. And to the shirtless guy above me I think patrick just try his moderator advantages to see if it works. He only did it once. Maybe not best way to check it but it will never happen again.

 

Martha

 

w o r d s :-*

NoSlayer's picture
Offline

Martha wrote:

My defence for Patrick

I think Patrick is perfect for the title of Moderator. I know that salietje thought him everything. What i don't understand is what does the age matter. for example a 16 year old person is seen as a child but a 18 year old is considered as an adult. So that means that 18 + people always make better descions than 18- persons? or that 18+ are more capable of moderating? I think Patrick is now 16 so my first argument is valid for Patrick. If you take me i'm 18++ ;) so i should be perfect for the job? but i know I would not take this moderating more serious than Patrick.

Patrick is not dumb I know he invest a lot of time in this game just because he loves this job. And to the shirtless guy above me I think patrick just try his moderator advantages to see if it works. He only did it once. Maybe not best way to check it but it will never happen again.

 

Martha

 

Lower aged people are more likely to make irrational decisions. That is not always the case, but in this case, with Patrick - it is, as i explained in the example a few posts above. And on to your second point; no - being an adult doesnt automatically qualify you to make better decisions than someone on 16, but a mod @ the age of 18 would in most cases do a better job (assuming that they both became mods because they were skilled enough in the first place). 

Thats an obvious reason as to why you never see "kids" moderating on the best and most succesful boards. Its not a coincidence. I never judged Patricks moderator abilities due to his age, ONLY due to his actions - despite the fact that he came off as an arrogant personality in the February tournament for example. So in this case it appears that there is a correlation between moderator capabilities and then age.

 

On to your third point, i can inform you that Patrick did not kick me because he wanted to test how his moderator abilities worked. If he wanted to have done so, then he could have asked someone gently to come to a private room to find out how it works, or perhaps he could have asked me if it was OK to kick me in the first place. 

 

Sincerely,

NoSlayer

Martha's picture
Offline
Clan: SWEK

Mister NoSlayer

I understand your arguments but your first 2 arguments are assumptions.In general I don't think 18+ persons have enough time to do this moderating stuff due to study or due to work. I could be wrong but I doubt that most moderators on online games are 18+.

Your third argument I understand and I have to agree that was not his best action and he should not have done that.

 

Martha

1 Love, 1 Clan, Unit

Offline

Mods in this game are lacking professionalism, but then again so does the whole game. I guess it doesn't really matter, I don't see this game going anywhere anytime soon anyway.

Offline

In 1889, the Einstein family invited a poor medical Polish medical student, Max Talmud to come to their house for Thursday evening meals. Talmud became an informal tutor to young Albert, introducing him to higher mathematics and philosophy. One of the books Talmud shared with Albert was a children’s science book in which the author imagined riding alongside electricity that was traveling inside a telegraph wire. Einstein began to wonder what a light beam would look like if you could run alongside it at the same speed. If light were a wave, then the light beam should appear stationary, like a frozen wave. Yet, in reality, the light beam is moving. This paradox led him to write his first "scientific paper" at age 16, "The Investigation of the State of Aether in Magnetic Fields." This question of the relative speed to the stationary observer and the observer moving with the light was a question that would dominate his thinking for the next 10 years.

NoSlayer's picture
Offline

TinklePit wrote:

In 1889, the Einstein family invited a poor medical Polish medical student, Max Talmud to come to their house for Thursday evening meals. Talmud became an informal tutor to young Albert, introducing him to higher mathematics and philosophy. One of the books Talmud shared with Albert was a children’s science book in which the author imagined riding alongside electricity that was traveling inside a telegraph wire. Einstein began to wonder what a light beam would look like if you could run alongside it at the same speed. If light were a wave, then the light beam should appear stationary, like a frozen wave. Yet, in reality, the light beam is moving. This paradox led him to write his first "scientific paper" at age 16, "The Investigation of the State of Aether in Magnetic Fields." This question of the relative speed to the stationary observer and the observer moving with the light was a question that would dominate his thinking for the next 10 years.

 

Okay.

Offline
Clan: 63

KeizerKarel wrote:

Mods in this game are lacking professionalism, but then again so does the whole game. I guess it doesn't really matter, I don't see this game going anywhere anytime soon anyway.

 

THIS, and there is nothing you can do about it but to stop playing the game.
I also have found this out the hard way.

 

Kind Regards,

 

Klepkanon

Mokobodzki Byk's picture
Offline
1v1 america nr. 49

i had problem with my acc and no one helped me

why ?

cuz they are stupid morons little kids mods

pls ban all moderators they dont have any power here

MONSTER MOKO

Mokobodzki Byk's picture
Offline
1v1 america nr. 49

i had problem with my acc and no one helped me

why ?

cuz they are stupid morons little kids mods

pls ban all moderators they dont have any power here

MONSTER MOKO

Offline
Champion

Wallyson wrote:

Hello Anna

 

Patrick is now MOD because Salietje is offline for the upcomming 3 months.

Salietje learned everything to organise a tournament, everything will be okay! :)

 

Kind Regards

Wallyson

what an irony that the tournament got organized by DEPP and not patrick.
So delete his mod title? ;)
Useless voting topics for tournament which aren't taken in consideration &  not even creating a tourney topic - lame. useless mod. as i said.

Offline

Wallyson wrote:

Congratulations, I will be able to answer them once I'll have the time.

Sad you didnt have 10 seconds to reply for about 40 days. Sad you ask for something more knowing there won't be anything more. Shame.

yeah really

make that Spectatpr for MOD man !!!!!