You are here

Bad Words

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

113 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bruce Almighty's picture
Clan: Unit

I totally agree:P

why is "helló" censored?

WranDon's picture

Hello guys,

in my opinion, the filter is completely exaggerated. Not only that there are always four stars no matter how many characters the censored word has. I have seen a premium player typing "fuck". Is that usual? I don't hope so, it would be very unfair. Anyway, the filter is easy to avoid (everyone does it, me included) and censoring words like "Hitler" is ridiculous. I guess the filter is meant to avoid players swearing at each other, but then only swear words should be censored (and even "idiot" isn't). But you also censore "dick", which means "fat" is german (have you ever heard someone saying "Fuck you, you bloody dick!"? I at least haven't.), even "Nigges", which is my mate's nickname, also "sex" (that's definitely not a swear word) ... ... ...

I think there should at least be an option to turn off the filter because it just sucks (and I also want to see the swear words the other players use); you will also see then that like 90 per cent of the players turn it off. You don't want to scare off the players, do you?

Greetings!

WranDon

WranDon - the forum slut

WranDon's picture

W. Somerset Maugham: The Force of Circumstance: "He [(Guy)] was a gay, jolly man ..." Gay means simply cheerful in this case!

WranDon - the forum slut

Confruggy's picture

Can you remove "hell", because it means light in german and i don't think, hell is such a bad word.

WranDon's picture

Confruggy wrote:

Can you remove "hell", because it means light in german and i don't think, hell is such a bad word.

"Hell" means "bright" in German but above all it means "he will" and this word being censored really sucks. (By the way it's not used for insults and thus doesn't need to be censored!!!)

WranDon - the forum slut

PwnYeAll's picture
Clan: ADK

We want to make it possible for users to decide for themselves to turn the filter on or off.

Confruggy's picture

@WranDon Light/bright means the same, both in german "hell".

WranDon's picture

Confruggy wrote:

@WranDon Light/bright means the same, both in german "hell".

I am German but I've never seen this use of "light" (though it's not the same as "bright"!), anyway you are right. ^^ Nervetheless I have never used "hell" as "bright" or "light" in German but many times as "he will" in English and I was annoyed a lot every single time I realized it had been censored. cool

WranDon - the forum slut

Blocking daily used words is really annoying. I rather see bad words than running into the filter again. please make it either a VERY SMALL filter, or remove it.

Clan: NRGY

I totally agree

Im A MooiBoy

WranDon's picture

Moujib wrote:

I totally agree

Thanks. ^^

WranDon - the forum slut

What is the reason of a filter? 

If i wanna say "fuck you", i just say "fùck you" or "fck you" of "fuuck you"

Any answer ?

It's good to have a filter in the forums but why in the game? people talk bad and cheat all the time? 

and fix lag please i have 3 premiums but i might leave game i hate the lags and all the cheaters (im not only one and you know ;) )

Clan: SVK

Žlutá means yellow in czech, but everybody types zluta and its blocked. :-)

WranDon's picture

Zluta? Is that a swear word??? OMG!!! :-|

WranDon - the forum slut

The filter is annoying. Don't thread us like 6 year old kids... turn the filter off plz?

Clan: La

If its possible, add the function to remove filter and let it be once own choice if they want it on.

Please stopp user to insult people like"I hope you and your family get cancer" That´s so terrible.

Gay, Queer, Homo and so on, aren't bad language, so they shouldn't be forbidden. It is very discriminating and insulting to censore them!

Champion
ffa america top 2.2%
1v1 america nr. 100
team america top 4.6%

here are some words:      STFU, fck, noob,................

WranDon's picture

Also fuc, fuuck, fuuuck, fuuuuck, ..., fúck, fûck, fùck, fu ck, f uck, fuc k, ... Just remove the filter, it's so senseless!!! :-|

WranDon - the forum slut

Remove fitler, if someone i swearing u can allways mute that player if u want.

WranDon's picture

La' Death wrote:

Remove fitler, if someone i swearing u can allways mute that player if u want.

I agree completely.

WranDon - the forum slut

alonso's picture
Clan: X

idiot no censured

best game of ever curvefeverlag yhea jajajja

WranDon's picture

Also iddiot, idiiot, idioot, ídiot, ídíot, ídíót, idíót, ídiót, idiót, îdîôt and thousands more.

WranDon - the forum slut

would it be possible to create an opt out method for the filter? Those who didn't opt out will see **** for filtered/bad words, others won't..

Clan: MOD

Damn isn't a swear word :l

WranDon's picture

gezza wrote:

Damn isn't a swear word :l

It is. You can damn someone. I nevertheless am strongly in favour of removing the filter!!!

WranDon - the forum slut

Clan: MOD

You guys are a bunch of soft cocks. The amoount of words that are censored is riduclous.

WranDon's picture

Of course you are right, gezza!

WranDon - the forum slut

Kendrick's picture

Geert,

A few English insults that I have found to be unblocked:

- Wank/Wanker: Pretty self explanitory

- Prick:  Can be used in place of, and means the same as, 'Dick'

- Bastard: Generally insulting, official meaning is 'born without marital parents'

- Slag: An individual who cares not for relationships beyond the realm of the sexual (Similar to Whore)

Hope this helps. If I come across any more when raging I will keep you informed ;). Apologies for using the full insults, however I felt it pertinent. 

Kendrick

Why on earth is hell a curse word? What's wrong with saying 'what the hell man!'?

Kendrick wrote:

Geert,

A few English insults that I have found to be unblocked:

- Wank/Wanker: Pretty self explanitory

- Prick:  Can be used in place of, and means the same as, 'Dick'

- Bastard: Generally insulting, official meaning is 'born without marital parents'

- Slag: An individual who cares not for relationships beyond the realm of the sexual (Similar to Whore)

Hope this helps. If I come across any more when raging I will keep you informed ;). Apologies for using the full insults, however I felt it pertinent. 

Kendrick

wank/wanker: This is a fun activity. there is no way that this is an insult.

prick: i have someone in my friendslist with a name that includes prick. it would be stupid if i couldnt say his name anymore.

bastard: you cant seriously be insulted when someone calls you this....

slag: never heard of it, shouldn't be a problem...

Kendrick, you are a huge moralfag.

Kendrick's picture

Blaargh,

I'm English, my upper lip is far to buckram to react to your frivolous reply, however, I will altercate my opinion. 

As this is a 'family' game - I use the word 'game', very actively - words such as those catalogued above, should not be needed whether your imagination can use them as an insult or not (They can all be used as insults). If you are so jejune that you feel it pertinent to use said words, maybe you should find another game to play.

FYI, checking in-game, these words have now been censored. 

I have linked here [http://dictionary.cambridge.org] a dictionary of your finest English. I feel you may need one.

Kendrick

WranDon's picture

WranDon wrote:

Hello guys,

in my opinion, the filter is completely exaggerated. Not only that there are always four stars no matter how many characters the censored word has. I have seen a premium player typing "fuck". Is that usual? I don't hope so, it would be very unfair. Anyway, the filter is easy to avoid (everyone does it, me included) and censoring words like "Hitler" is ridiculous. I guess the filter is meant to avoid players swearing at each other, but then only swear words should be censored (and even "idiot" isn't). But you also censore "dick", which means "fat" is german (have you ever heard someone saying "Fuck you, you bloody dick!"? I at least haven't.), even "Nigges", which is my mate's nickname, also "sex" (that's definitely not a swear word) ... ... ...

I think there should at least be an option to turn off the filter because it just sucks (and I also want to see the swear words the other players use); you will also see then that like 90 per cent of the players turn it off. You don't want to scare off the players, do you?

Greetings!

WranDon

WranDon - the forum slut

M.T901's picture
Clan: Boss

Since when is hear a bad word 

DAT HEB JE GOED GEHOORD GEERT 

ja GEHOORD

M.T901's picture
Clan: Boss

Oh yeah , if you are still reading this can you bann school too? :D

"Hoor" must be unsencored, really irritating for Dutch people...

6stijn6's picture

Geert undo hoor please, its a dutch word which we use alot...

Red Speed Pro

6stijn6's picture

Geert undo hoor please, its a dutch word which we use alot...

Red Speed Pro

WiktorMistrz's picture

He'll is censored ( he will ).

And censor polish swears like: kurwa, pojebaniec, pojebany, jebać, huj, chuj, hój, chój, cipa, cipka, kutas itd.

BeerMaker's picture

Srry for diggin up a thread, but when i want to say something to a friend called arsenal, it converses the nickname into stars. I think you should improve this system to not censore normal words (inb4 i don't know that there's a curse-word in 'ars'enal).

The Maker of Beer has joined the game!

WranDon's picture

My real-life friend Nicolas' nickname is Nigges. Why the hell do you censore that??? :-|

WranDon - the forum slut

DominixPL's picture
Clan: KKK

Why the word "asz" i blocked?
This isnt bad word...
And "Arsenal" i dont get why its blocked cuz its my favourite football club.
(maybe Arsenal cuz in german "arsch" means "ass")
That's all

Ted, my best friend...

I think the whole censoring-filter is ridiculous. Who - really - gives a shit if somebody swears? And it is highly bugged. When writing simple words and names (such as "Arsenal") the filter hits in. It makes people stop talk (as it looks pretty annoying with stars everywhere) and thereby destroys the sense of being a community.

It is, however, as well pretty racist. The word 'paki' is censored, but saying swedeamericanbrit and other countries people is okay? Get rid of the useless filter, or at least scale it down.

WranDon's picture

Of course you are completely right.

WranDon - the forum slut

xSynchronize's picture
Clan: R4G3

Just filter bad english and dutch words. Since most of the majority people speaks it, there's no need to filter other languages, otherwise even a normal English sentence will have annoying stars in it.

I don't care though, IMO it's better just to not filter. The world is free, people can simply interrupt the filter just by adding a random letter into the swear word. 

Just deal with it hah. B)

btw, theres just a freaking report button for.

Daniël's picture

The bad words filtre is already good enough I think.
But maybe add "kurwa", "kanker" and "cancer" to the list also.

CurveFever Clans Moderator
CurveFever Moderator
Don't you deal with my decisions, please send me a private message.

Clan: DBUS

"hoor" is cencored but if iam talking i dutch it is a normal word means hear.

Its realy anyoing becouse other non-duth people are thinking you say bad words while you didin't

Just a note for Geert, nothing more.

the player of curvefever's profile on curvefever

Brouns wrote:

The bad words filter will be removed in one of the future updates. Don't worry.
The user has full control over who he wants to filter or mute in the future.

Is this ever gonna happen? The removal of the bad words filter I mean.

At least remove some of the words that aren't bad words at all, like 'hoor'.

And yes I know, so many people have said that already, but I can't really see someone responding to it (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'll just say it again and hope for a response. I'm really curious why 'hoor' is considered to be a bad word.

Pages