You are here

New update 0.63

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

115 posts / 0 new
Last post
ColorCurve's picture

Btw, I got an achievement, the one with the title "Gotta collect them all". It says I received 200 credits, but I didn't receive anything.

ColorCurve's profile on curvefever

KacperNFS wrote:

Funniest thing is that they worked 4 months on this update.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD FAIL

freedy

Clan: Aero

IMO it's not all bad.

An East Asian server can't be bad
   The game room and lobby are redesigned doesn't look too bad, 2 updates earlier seemed best, but it's alright
    Colours are no longer bound to the teams indeed confusing, no need for that, you can also split white/purple to both teams and just replace one unused colour
    You can now put a clan tag in front of your name containing a maximum of 4 letters. (the tag can't contain any characters) wasn't necessary, but ok
    A new easy-to-use menu I like it
    A variation of 4 songs ingame idc, but why not
    The automatic room name changed from "Unavailable Name" to "[player]'s game" (when leaving the room name blank) wasn't necessary, but ok
    A credit system, making it more fair to everyone. this seems indeed pretty bad, I will never play again when my points are gone and if it stays like that, many will do so. If you intend to keep it, it needs to be easier to receive points (e.g. by points you score in match;might be a way to punish leavers though). Still wouldn't like it that way, but there a ways to at least make it better than it is right now
    Achievements will reward you credits when unlocked and the description is updated in a more clear way sure
    You are now able to reset your stats! (Resets your rank, plays and win%) cool
    The "Find player" option is back in the lobby sweet
    For new player, it is far more easier to join a right game, or to know who they are can't say anything bout that
    2 new powerups nice

it's just a casual game, I doubt it will ever be more than that, trying to force ppl to pay will only make many quit and this update seems exactly doing that. But changes can still be modified and I'm sure you'll figure a way out to make it good.

Clan: iz

remove credits to join premium game! it's a f*****g s**t!!!!

PwnYeAll's picture
Clan: ADK

zepequeno wrote:

Why do you think it's called 'premium' game in the first place?

Pandemic's picture

KacperNFS wrote:

The game room and lobby are redesigned - No one cares, it was good, ugh.

Colours are no longer bound to the teams - Worst thing added in this update. I accidentaly killed my team friend because i thought he is playing in other team.

You can now put a clan tag in front of your name containing a maximum of 4 letters. (the tag can't contain any characters) - I don't care, but i have a SWAG tag now.

A new easy-to-use menu - I would not say.

A variation of 4 songs ingame - While i have my songs, I don't care.

The automatic room name changed from "Unavailable Name" to "[player]'s game" (when leaving the room name blank) - I don't care.

A credit system, making it more fair to everyone. - Yeah, like taking 100 coins for joining PREMIUM GAME. How is this fair.

Achievements will reward you credits when unlocked and the description is updated in a more clear way - I'm still using Achievements FAQ, so I don't care.

You are now able to reset your stats! (Resets your rank, plays and win% ) - Meh.

The "Find player" option is back in the lobby - Meh.

For new player, it is far more easier to join a right game, or to know who they are - Meh.

Non-premium players don't gain credits in a premium room. - So what's the point of paying 100 credits for joining it? Dafuq?

My comments in bold.

Thanks for still using my FAQ :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic

KacperNFS's picture
Clan: PONY

PwnYeAll wrote:

zepequeno wrote:

Why do you think it's called 'premium' game in the first place?

Because you had to get premium to make it?

Hi all,

Just noticed the update and played a game. Some very nice new features and good to see this game is still under (heavy) development.

I read the comments on this update and I agree with some of them, although some of the comments are bollocks. I understand the dev's as they are building a so called free-to-play (F2P) game. It's a relatively new concept and it's quite booming. Due to this concept, basic gameplay is available for everyone, but if you want more you have to pay some money. The biggest problem with these kind of games is always the balance between premiums and non-paying users and I think Curve Fever is reaching this point right now. 

Geert explained it should be free of charge to join a premium game of your 'friends'. That's nice to hear, because that is (IMO) what this game is all about. However, I don't think there should be any charge on playing a premium game. Why should it cost credits to do so? Can they use other stuff? I noticed some powerups have a little star in the bottom right corner now, does that mean normal players can't use them? In that case, I don't see any ground to pay for playing a premium game. Besides, there is no way to 'earn' your money back. Premiums get around 10 creds for playing a game (or just winning?) but non-premiums wouldn't get any cash. IF you would decide to let non-premium members pay to play a premium game, let them win their credits and a little interest back if they win the game or something like that. Now it's just silly that you pay 100 and get nothing in return.

Just my 2 cents. I think it's nice that you can buy new colors, powerups and icons, but it should be limited to this. I would suppose you keep these in-game purchases, but skip the 'entrance fee' for premium games. Then non-premiums shouldn't be able to earn credits other than buying them, but that is the whole thought behind F2P games, right? I think premiums should be able to earn a little amount of credits by playing, just as a reward for being premium?

I hope you share my thoughts, devs!

Thnx for reading!

Trappelaar

PS: Pleaaaaaaaaase revert the option to play teams in all colors. Hot/Cool was a great way to separate the teams, now it's a disaster :P

It's retarded: I played 100 coins together by playing 10 'free' games, then i joined a premium room, became 3/8 and got only 10 coins back. Why should I play this game longer?

Okee Geert, je hebt nu wel door dat dit niet gaat werken toch? Ik hoop dat je het snel terug gaat draaien want je verdient zo niet meer maar juist minder. Want het gaat toch om geld?

Champion
Clan: big

The point is not everyone wants to buy premium so 80% Will leave, why i should buy premium when all players left?

Champion
team america top 5.3%

worst update/move by geert ever. gg

-

Clan: DJHC

just remove the "pay coins" to play system... it is so stupid

You really just insult our inteligence when you think we don't see a moneyhunger update and won't react to it

Clan: HC

Maybe, Geert got brainwashed, who knows.

1Mperios's picture

The different colours are seriously a bad idea since the brain works easier by recognising colours of the same spectrum. Changing the colours is pointless as it's going to confuse people which will lead to people raging thus creating a bad environment.

Clan: GJ

sh!t update. Terrible ranking. New team colors absurd. Only premuims are playing.

1Mperios wrote:

The different colours are seriously a bad idea since the brain works easier by recognising colours of the same spectrum. Changing the colours is pointless as it's going to confuse people which will lead to people raging thus creating a bad environment.

I agree with you.

1Mperios wrote:

I agree with you.

I REALLY hope that Geert and the other devs are going to read the feedback from the community and also REACT to it rather than ignore it. If this update will stay the way it is now I don't think ADK aka. CF will have a future.

Felln's picture
Clan: MUC

Absolut jeder vernünftig denkende Mensch hätte euch auf den ersten Blick sagen können, dass ihr euch mit diesem Update selber ins Knie schießt! Habt ihr euer Spiel überhaupt schon mal gespielt?

muh

Champion
Clan: big

Curvefever Will be destroyed fast when nothing changes not only the non premiums Will leave, i know also Much premium players who Will leave too...

I think They have just 500 active people in 1 Month when nothing changed.

oOzzy's picture

I beg your pard0n? Bratwurst?

TuszNaRekach's picture

Now, each player has 1700 rank, I dont know who it is. Reset rank , " great ". was 1400 and after 2 h 1800 ... ehe . New point suck . I dont understand new style of rewarding ! Someone should explain this thing . It isn't nothing write !! 

ffa america top 7.9%
team america top 27%

Hi all,

Been playing this game for some time and was seriously thinking of paying for premium. Not only because it has some benefits to the gameplay but also to support the site. It's rare to find a simple and fun to play game like curve fever these days.

I somehow got the feeling the developers think this update is a step forwards. If they are really convinced about this why didn't they just made curve fever 3, leave curve fever 2 untouched and let the players decide which version is the best.

So far my thoughts.

Felln's picture
Clan: MUC

oOzzy wrote:

I beg your pard0n? Bratwurst?

Basically i said that the update sucks. Since the Developers are german (at least i thought they are because the game was called "AchtungdieKurve" ) and i couldnt find a german forum i decided to talk to them as i would if we would meet.

PS: It really sucks!

muh

Kresek zabijaka's picture

Why ? What is this ? New the sims ?

I am noob & I know it but I always fight to the end.

Minato Namikaze's picture
Clan: Kage

Nice update c:

Fourth Hokage

Clan: EPA

well, we know in this world, it's all about the money

Champion

You are all tricked in this trap, going to the forum to complain ( visit website〓advertisements for non premium〓money)

Clan: FIN

Bad.,,.,. We want only play with ranking lists and in premium rooms. That other shit sucks..

Gj

Why on earth have you done this whole new shit? It sucks soooo hard. You'll lose A LOT of players very soon, and you totally deserve it for being too greedy, €eert.

kontra's picture
Clan: GEJ

Oh, I can see the brand new scoring system :D Check out score of guy on 3rd place :DDDDDDDDDDD

Clan: FTC

Geert the updated fixed a lot of bug's for me, and the game feels smoother to play. i'm happy with this.^^
i know there are new bugs now and i trust you guy's will fix this.
i only think the coins you can earn after a match (if you’re premium) can be a bit higher. There like 10 a game so I need to play 200 games to get a new power-up. And there not based on performance…
maybe you can figure something out for this.

And thank for bringing this beautiful old school DoS game to my browser

Clan: Usa

OMG GEERT U SELFISH EGOISTIC IDIOT:... get a job.. and don't detroy this game.

Clan: Usa

sht the fuck oup.. u guys destryoyed everythin here

I have to agree with most people on here, this update is a fail and I don't even want to mention the chaos with the team colors, the items, or the new (useless, since the other one was okay aswell) design.

This game is Free2Play and you have to pay for server, domain, etc. somehow, I understand. And it is also legitimate to make money with this site, since you guys made it quite succesful.

But the system as it is now (As a non-premium member you have to pay 100 coins to join a Premium game, you earn like 10 coins from unranked games) will make regular non premium players (who make up the vast majority of the community) to leave, since they can't rank up properly anymore, have limited access to good games and feel treated like 2nd class players. And with them, premium players like me have nobody to play with anymore (except a few other premium players) and will leave aswell. Who will stay here? Casual gamer who play like 2 games per week and a few hardcore premium players. That's it.

So my honest opinion: Remove the update (or atleast the terrible credits system), read the feedback you got here on Forums, think about it, work on it some time and then re-release it. Because right now, you're about to ruin a very good game and it's community, just for the fast cash.

Thoughts about the update:

I really don't like the new coin system, it's just making the game more complicated and i think many players are playing this game just because it's simple, easy and fun. 

Change the things that are bad, like the menu, it looked nice it was just that it could'nt be used. I like the idea to add more colours and new powerups but now it's like you developers have tried to change so much, that nothing became good. You have  changed too much at the same time instead of thinking every little part of it totally through. Slow down a bit, and think of us players, who is enjoying this game for being simple and fun at the same time.

Please, save the spirit of the game and keep it as much as possible as it was, the system was good, it just needed a few adjustments and this game is (was until now) one of a kind.

Try to keep it that way.

Korvs

Clan: XGOD

Stop crying!

I and most of my friends think the new update is awesome.

Edit: The only bad thing is the cost to join premium games.

Champion
ffa america top 13%
team america top 11%

I just wanted to say as many did before that i like the game, but the new credit system destroys the game. Because as non premium you can only play with 6 players, and you dont get much rank points so there is not so much tension winnig the game or not. Its also harder to find games you can join for free and its not so funny without all items.

So thats my opinion. I think undoing the credit system will be best. I dont know i will play this  if i have no credits left. And im playing very long (since it began with diffrent accs).

I think the main ideas of this update isn`t that bad. The credit system is a great idea but everthing is much to expensive. The Team color update is ridiculous, change it back.

Don´t try to force the non-prem User buy premium. Create amazing features for premium Users to allure non-prem User.  If u don´t change this the game will be dead in a few weeks/months.

Clan: FIN

"Curve Fever and Curve Fever 2 are the most fun multiplayer games to play together, on 1 keyboard! Not enough space on 1 keyboard, plug in a second one."
this is on front page.

I must say: it was the most fun multiplayer games to play together.

Gj

Excistinces's picture
Clan: Sage

Honestly I dislike the a of the coins. and the whole 100 coins for joining a premium game. I bought premium the day before this update. so i get to play for free. and If i didnt. You already know i would quit this game. Because a preimium game isnt even all that. with the powerups. but the team is what im worried aboutl. it has such high standards for people and its fun. Maybe if you wanna keep your policy. Create a new Game Mode. not team. not ffa. something for non premiums and deff for free. If your with me write #NewGame

All Excistince on earth will be crushed. By The Hands Of. Me

Zulu's picture
ffa america top 35%

Everyone is for the same true! make that game like it has been before!

GEERT, what about a statement or a reaction to the community from your side? Or do you want to ignore us? Us who keep this game alive?

Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD

i react on quite some posts, but can't stop the flood though. I changed some things in the new update (for example fixed it that playing with friends now doesn't cost credits), and am asking your opinion on team colors. Most of the comments I read above are because of some bugs, that give unintended behaviour.

Please read this post for the newest update: http://curvefever.com/content/new-update-064

Please read this post about credits (and why we think it is more fair then it used to be): http://curvefever.com/content/credits-and-premium-accounts

Please read this post to think along what to do with teams and team colors:  http://curvefever.com/content/tams-and-team-colors

Geert wrote:

Most of the comments I read above are because of some bugs, that give unintended behaviour.

No, this is not what the majority of people are trying to tell you. The point is the new coin system. Right now for non-premiums there is no motivation to play this game any longer. Paying 100 coins for playing 1 premium game and only gaining like 10 coins for winning a normal game is an unfair relation. It will surely make 75% of non-premium players quit this game because also the chance of gaining rankpoints is heavily reduced.

Geert's picture
Developer
Clan: MOD

i think it has been very strange, unheard of any game in the world, that lets players play premium content for free. That used to be the case in CF, now we changed it, so premium players truly have their premium content. And people are angry about it. Still there is alot of value to non premium players.

Things we are considering though:

- Gaining ranks for non premiums a bit higher

- Lowering the cost to play a premium game or increasing the gained credits in a game.

Something else that hasn't been brought up yet... I never played non-premium games (apart from the ranking) because there are always tons of leavers. Usually it's about 2 per game, which makes 1/3 of all players. Then there are those guests... How is that fun?

Geert wrote:

Things we are considering though:

- Gaining ranks for non premiums a bit higher

- Lowering the cost to play a premium game or increasing the gained credits in a game.

Would be first steps. Nice.

Still I think that you should let non-premiums play in premium matches normally as you did for such a long time. Premium content would still be there, everything you state here: http://curvefever.com/achtung/premium.

What you did in yesterdays update was to take away a feature for non-premiums which they were used to for (I don't know exactly when CF aka. ADK launched) a long long time. It is as if some government would say we forbid our citizens to drink alcohol. That's also not possible because everyone got used to it. Get what I am trying to say?

Pages