You are here

Lost connection glitch

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%
Clan: NTz
Lost connection glitch

Hey, after a long break again I decided to play for a few weeks. What really bothers me is a new glitch (?) which occures for me at least 1-2 times per game. It doesn't matter which browser I use or how stable my connection is (it is good usually), it just appears. You can still play on the blurred screen but it is very laggy and you are forced to reload the game. Is there anything you can do against it? It ruins my whole game experience..

I made a screenshot of the last time it occured: https://imgur.com/a/lOuWvgF

Thanks for any suggestions.. :/

ffa eu top 1.6%
1v1 eu top 14%
team eu nr. 87

hacked kappa

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

Thanks for the answer that wouldn't even help me in my next life

Champion
team eu nr. 8
Clan: Boss

hm mb/s do you have and do you play on wifi?

i think your connection is not strong enough.

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

My connection is good, I did a test and ping 33 ms, the rest is also good, I got 3/3 bars and nothing else makes problems

Champion
team eu nr. 8

does this problem only occurs with cf or also with other online games?

if not then your connectuon is bad, how many mb/s do you have? you can just google speedtest.

And do you play on wifi ? If yes maybe you re to far away from your router. you can just solve that with a wifi amplifier.

Champion
team eu nr. 8

also update your drivers on your pc, that can also cause problems. just simply check what videocard brand you have and go to their website to update the drivers.

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

It is defintely not my connection, as I said everything else works perfectly and after testing again my ping was like 12 lol

I also tried in other browsers, Idk what to do about this, there is no single game without this trash :/

ffa eu top 2.7%
team eu top 22%

If you're playing not on LAN, but on anything wireless, then that's defenetely the reason.

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

Well my router is one floor down in the room below me, no chance for LAN

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

That means that everyone else is playing with LAN because I never met somebody else with that glitch, I can't imagine that

R4W1L's picture
Champion
ffa eu nr. 42
1v1 eu top 5.6%
team eu nr. 15
Clan: r4

This one is interesting. The fact that you can still play with the blurry overlay means that the connection didnt fully cut off, I had this bug(?) in the past. This happened a long time ago so I never really found out the exact cause of this.

It could be a lag spike causing this but that's just a guess. There are just too many factors which could play a role.

If you are actually interested in getting this fixed, send a screenshot (or even better a recording) of your toggle stats. Right click on the field to open up the first page of toggle stats. If it actually happens that frequent you should be able to catch it on video which would troubleshooting this a lot easier.

ffa eu top 1.6%
1v1 eu top 14%
team eu nr. 87

dude just edited video, Averazon please close this topic

ffa eu top 1.6%
1v1 eu top 14%
team eu nr. 87

ah kurwa its not video fml

ffa eu top 20%
1v1 eu nr. 78
team eu nr. 10

I also experienced this issue a lot. I would disconnect maybe 2 times per game. Switching to chrome fixed it for me but now I experience regular mini freezes and the game is, most of the time, pretty much unplayable. Oh well

ffa eu top 4.5%
1v1 eu top 7.8%
team eu top 22%
Clan: Lean

JUST CLEAR FLASH CACHE

• Close all browser windows
  • Open your system control panel and choose Flash Player
  • Select the Storage tab and click the "Delete All..." button.
  • Verify that the "Delete All Site Data and Settings" checkbox is checked and click the "Delete Data" button

@Daresco LAN ≠ Ethernet, LAN can be wi-fi

ffa eu top 2.7%
team eu top 22%

kwap wrote:

JUST CLEAR FLASH CACHE

• Close all browser windows
  • Open your system control panel and choose Flash Player
  • Select the Storage tab and click the "Delete All..." button.
  • Verify that the "Delete All Site Data and Settings" checkbox is checked and click the "Delete Data" button

@Daresco LAN ≠ Ethernet, LAN can be wi-fi

Must be an incorrect translation then from myself, in my language it's different, I'm sorry.

If you play on Wi-Fi, there are so many things that can interrupt the connection. It's just no good option for playing multiplayer Internet games. It won't be as stable as Ethernet is.

Sadness.'s picture
ffa eu nr. 14
1v1 eu nr. 48
team eu top 5.9%
Clan: vS

Pretty sure its not because of your connection. The game has been lagging for literally no reason since 2years haha and its still not fixed just pathetic 

Sie zerkratzen meinen Lack, aber niemals mein Ego

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

So the whole time I was playing upstairs one floor above the router/access point but today I moved down with my laptop. I played ~1 meter next to the router and still got kicked because I lost connection while playing. So this has nothing to do with me or my (overall really good) connection, it is just this game and its great servers. Of course you can still say that everyone who plays wireless can expect this issue but cmon, every other game in the internet works fine for me and I don't think that curvefever is the most challenging game for my internet connection.

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

Okay I connected my laptop with my router with a cable and got the "lost connection" again, I am salty rn. xd nice game

ffa eu top 4.5%
1v1 eu top 7.8%
team eu top 22%
Clan: Lean

Why did you ignore my comment and focus on their useless advices?

Arcryoshi's picture
team eu top 29%

Because it doesn't work for me, I googled how to do it and found not much information and nothing which I could transfer to my own laptop. I also tried the game in different browsers now.

I also didn't go downstairs just because it was the advice above here, I just went down with my laptop anyways and then came up with the thought that I could try it lol