You are here

Feedback! Share your opinion about the amount of tournaments!

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Averazon's picture
Clan: MOD
Feedback! Share your opinion about the amount of tournaments!
44% (18 votes)
more than 1
56% (23 votes)
Total votes: 41

Hello everyone!

We have been listening carefully to the community recently. We noticed that there is a clear difference in opinion concerning the amount of events/tournaments.

We want to give our community the best experience and make them enjoy the events we make for them. That is why we are asking now how the community feels about this subject. Please leave your vote and comment with constructive feedback. That way, we can adjust our events to your needs.

Thanks! :)

patrick_0707's picture
Champion
ffa eu top 4.1%
1v1 eu nr. 93
team eu top 3.9%
Clan: NF

1 tournament per month is enough. It's always been this way, and it's pretty weird to organise more tournaments. Having a champion title should be something special and by organising more tournaments there will be more champions in the game. The more champions, the less special it is. When i played tournaments 2 years ago, it was so much more exciting and I was way more nervous just to become champion. Nowadays I feel like tournaments are a joke. I mean ofcourse I try my best, but i dont feel the nervosity and the excitement anymore. Another argument as to why there shouldnt be more than 1 tournament per month is the amount of player who can play. As a champion, I feel like it's our duty to make sure that 'bad' players will not receive the champion title. With so many tournaments it's hard to play them all. 

At last, and i've said this multiple times, it's just not the right signal to give. The game is dying and cf pro is getting promoted. Less players are playing, and Geert wants to transfer as much people as possible to cfpro. Then why would you host so many tournaments and other events? I know Jaan is doing his best and his intentions are obviously good and I thank him for all the hard work he has put in these events, but I think it's just not right.

I hope you can do something with this.

Regards,

Patrick_0707

"In a world where everyone wears a mask, it's a privilege to see a soul"

pleiades's picture
Champion
Clan: Vito

patrick_0707 wrote:

1 tournament per month is enough. It's always been this way, and it's pretty weird to organise more tournaments. Having a champion title should be something special and by organising more tournaments there will be more champions in the game. The more champions, the less special it is. When i played tournaments 2 years ago, it was so much more exciting and I was way more nervous just to become champion. Nowadays I feel like tournaments are a joke. I mean ofcourse I try my best, but i dont feel the nervosity and the excitement anymore. Another argument as to why there shouldnt be more than 1 tournament per month is the amount of player who can play. As a champion, I feel like it's our duty to make sure that 'bad' players will not receive the champion title. With so many tournaments it's hard to play them all. 

At last, and i've said this multiple times, it's just not the right signal to give. The game is dying and cf pro is getting promoted. Less players are playing, and Geert wants to transfer as much people as possible to cfpro. Then why would you host so many tournaments and other events? I know Jaan is doing his best and his intentions are obviously good and I thank him for all the hard work he has put in these events, but I think it's just not right.

Regards,

Patrick_0707

Amen

Two and non prems should be allowed to play because there are so few prems left that they dont deserve to become champ. 

ffa eu top 2.8%
team eu top 6.2%

patrick_0707 wrote:

Regards,

Patrick_0707

Even as one of the "bad" players I agree on that. Having a champion title should be something special, and you should make sure that it aint get too easy to earn a title. Don't overfloat the comunity with tournaments and the special events. 1 per month is enough, and it would be good to have a "save" date to play the tournaments (something like "every first weekend of the month"), so people just know when it's tourny time.

Also special thanks to Jaan, without him tournaments maybe would be completely dead. He is putting great effort in this. But please don't do too many of those "special" events like the region cup now, the league, etc. It's just too much. Having 1 tourny per month, and maybe 2-3 special events (like camp challenge, league, etc) per year would be perfect for me. And create the topic for every tournament early enough please (1 week before would be perfect), so everyone has a good chance to check if he has time and sign up.

I'm pretty sure that with a little lower amount of tournaments (meaning 1 per month) the quality of the tournaments itselfs will increase. It's just like the world cup in football. If there was one every year, it wouln't be that special, great, as it is now.

Thanks for reading.

Clan: KDH

Please announce the tournaments early enough. The last ones were announced in under a week, there is no way for a busy person to prepare.

Thanks.

rizx's picture
team eu top 25%
Clan: Dzik

The more the merrier :>

Siemaneczko sportowe świry

ffa eu top 1.3%
team eu top 20%
Clan: KOLL

Daresco wrote:

Having 1 tourny per month, and maybe 2-3 special events (like camp challenge, league, etc) per year would be perfect for me.

This is the same amount I was thinking about. Also for league or olympics it's not needed to have it going for 2 months or pushing 2-3 tours a week for big tournaments. Should be enough to do one part(of 5?) per week.

About the arguments, I pretty much agree with patrick_0707. The quantity of events has grown a lot for the past year and I think the moderators themself can see it the best, when they give out coins/premium every week(sometimes 1-2 months after the tournament was hold). 3 years ago the prizes were given directly after a tournament or 1-2 days later and in almost all cases they were given to the account that has won this prize. Over the past years we can see a clear tendency that more premium is given to friends or 2nd accounts, making it more premium accounts in total(increased a lot by the mass of events and prizes at the past year) and less users who pay for premium.

Before that change and still(reduced amount) before the monthly tournaments we can observe that several users pay for premiumextention or premium for 2nd accounts(some enjoy having multiple champaccounts or being unknown for the tour) to participate. But if we keep the same structure of last year, we have a big tournament every 2 months, including a huge amount of prizes and also often open to all users(not limited to premium only), making it unnecessary to buy premium. You had several chances to win prizes and champtitles for free -> Why should you pay for it? The premiumpayment is an important income for CurveFever 2 and cutting of one of the mainreasons to purchase premium is obviously nothing good to keep this game alive.

Tournaments, prizes and titles are(were) something special and the mass we've seen last year completly detroyed this.

I vote for one tournament a month(+ maybe 2 special events a year with low total amount of prizes) to make prizes special again and keep (the left) meaning of being a champion.

~~signature~~

My time:

team eu nr. 3

This game is dying, the community becomes smaller and smaller. The only way to keep some people active is to keep the competitive part of this game, the only part which really matters. And tournaments help in that way. Why would you want to have only 1 tourney per month if we can have more? "to not let nabs having champ title" ? But they are already many nabs with champ title, it does not mean anything more. And when u play one kind of mode on this game, like only Gspeed or only thin; If you have only one tour per month, you have to  wait 2 or 3 months, maybe more to have a interesting tourney for you. It totally sucks.

On the other hand, tours like Cf League are the one which need to be removed. They create 1000 champs in a stupid way.

Topic locked