You are here

Geert Please Read - Curve Fever 2 Re-Mastered

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

106 posts / 0 new
Last post
ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%
Clan: Boss
Geert Please Read - Curve Fever 2 Re-Mastered

The next game you make should be a replica of curve fever 2, minus the lags, bugs etc.

We love the lobby layout, the snakes, the colours, the items and the feel of it all, but just remake curve fever 2 and add things.

Comment saying "I agree" if you want geert to make Curve Fever 2 Re-Mastered after curve fever pro

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

I agree

ffa eu top 1%
1v1 eu top 3.8%
team eu top 9.6%

I agree, cf2 has been by far their best and most popular game. The only reason this game is on its last breath is because of no updates and bad servers. I would say 70% of the people that have quit have done so because of lags or studies

Champion
ffa eu nr. 5
1v1 eu top 8.1%
team eu top 1.4%

+

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 16%
team eu top 2.2%
Clan: McK

I agree

Sinnoh † †'s picture
Champion

Please no. This game should close its doors

R4W1L's picture
Champion
ffa eu top 0.4%
1v1 eu top 3.2%
team eu top 3.9%
Clan: HACK

Geert nor the devs will listen to this.
CF2 had enormous potential and a genius fundamentel concept but the wrong platform and no proper monetization.

They go  the route to cash out by aiming at children as everyone can tell by looking at what they tried with CF3 and now CF4/PRO. In the hope to cut an easy piece of the cake which games like Clash of Clans and Clash Royale get.

A CF2 """re-mastered""" could a great game for casual and "hardcore" gamers which would be profitable as well with proper moniterzation.
Dude I already would have spend tons of money on CF2 if only it had proper monetization. Simply because if I spend lots of time on a fun game I don't see the problem spending money on it if it has nice benefits (NOT GAMEPLAY ADVANTAGES).

CF2s and its concepts rapid death is sealed with the latest hosting update.

• Making it impossible for guests to open (non-premium) rooms  = even less new players get to making actual accounts or trying CF2
  • Making it easier to make and rank up 2nd accs which annoys high players and then making them also switch to lower 2nd accs and overall hurting the community. Also discouraging buying premium.
  • Yea probably the premium sales went up for 2 weeks or so after the update made hosting premium rooms cost 500 coins but once more and more premiums of other players ran out they wont invest into in such a dead game. The amount of premium rooms per day falls faster than ever. Without a premium in the room its simply not sustainable to keep paying the massive price of 500 coins.

I only mentioned 3 points but they hurt CF2 in combination enormously. Maybe it was just an awful unnecessary update or it was planned to shrink CF2s community in a faster manner.
In the end it doesnt matter.

pastakurve's picture
ffa eu top 0.6%
team eu top 7.5%
Clan: MIMA

+1

I would pay at least 20 € for it - and 0€ for CF PRO.

pastakurve's profile on curvefever

ffa eu top 7.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 11%

They should make an offer, set a price for how much money they would be willing to make a new version of cf 2 and we the comunity could crowd fund it. 

aViolet's picture
ffa eu nr. 10
team eu top 5.7%
Clan: 90s

I agree^^

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

i would pay day after day if curve fever 2 was remastered. 

i will never play curve fever pro. i refuse to. and i wud never pay a single cent for curve fever pro.

team eu top 6.3%
Clan: TryH

I agree, and I would sponsor a few hundred euros for the crowd funding if they remake it.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

Hope geert is listening to this. So far, all comments are in favour of CF2 remake. It will bring back the life of curve fever and geert can still make money from it if he markets it correctly.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

cf2 - the greatest game ever in existence

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

In fact, geert, if you are reading this, please comment on your feelings.

Thanks

There is a reason why Geert gave up on this game. A business decision like this is likely motivated by money. Let's take a quick look at Geert's decisions. One day he suddenly stopped doing updates for CF2, switched to CF3 and stopped almost any support for the old game. It went even so far that he didn't even show up anymore ingame or in the forum. Then he gave up on CF3 and went on to create CF Pro. He ignored all feedback and never listened to anyones wishes coming from the CF2 community. Literally nothing changed in this game since years and the website never got any updates despite the fact that the community craves for that.

What does this tell you? It tells you that it doesn't pay off for him money wise, that this game just doesn't generate enough income to make his time spend here worthwhile. He can't pay his staff just from running this game. Think about this: If CF2 would be a money maker, then Geert would NEVER make these decisions. Nobody would abandon a healthy running business and take the risk of developing a new game while knowing very well that your loyal fanbase of the old game will be very upset, frustrated and probably leave.

Some will argue that CF2 could be a money maker if it got updated and advertised properly. But don't you think if this would be an option that Geert would've done this already a long time ago? You can bet that any company would do what is necessary to milk the shit out of their product. The fact that Geert didn't go for this tells you everything you need to know about this game. It's whole game design is not up to date, it can't compete with the current gaming industry, it doesn't pull enough interested players and it doesn't do very well with the preferences of the youth. Try convencing anyone to play CF2 over the free to play Fortnite. And you can't even properly play CF2 without paying for premium, so you literally need to pay money to play a snake game while you could just play a game like Fortnite or League of Legends for free. Games where lagging is a minor problem while CF2 is almost unplayable for most players.

I heavily doubt the current CF2 community could crowd fund a re-mastered CF2 version. The individuals of the CF2 playerbase that are willing to pay money are way too few to fund any software or game development. Otherwise Geert would've never left this game or proceeded to make games that are completely different, because he wants to target a different audience.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

i dont care. we want cf2 remastered and we wont stop until it is made!

BrutalSzymon's picture
ffa eu nr. 73
1v1 eu nr. 6
team eu nr. 21

Nice post theRealngeMadridcf, I would like to say nt, nice comments guys, A.I. Robot very pretty and 100% true your comment, but just accept it guys "Curve Fever 2 Re-Mastered' it will not happen.

Topic closed

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 16%
team eu top 2.2%

A.I. Robot wrote:

Try convencing anyone to play CF2 over the free to play Fortnite. 

I think this is another thing that we should do. Convince another people to play CF2, get new players. Promote this game between your friends and on social media. If there will be more players, Geert might get interested in game once again.

Although last time when I tried to promote this game I got an answer that they want something more than just steering a snake on a board. This might be also a reason why Geert decided to move on to CF3/PRO, but the truth is, even though people want something more, they DON'T NEED it.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

the only difference between curve fever pro and curve fever 2 is this:

Curve fever pro = Childish Snakes and ridiculously stupid items (curve fever should not be allowed to fucking shoot a bomb at your opponent to kill him as it takes away the reason we play cf2. sniping opponent across the fucking map with an atomic bomb is not how curve fever was born, nor should it be the way curve fever was to die.

CF2 = teenage/adult snakes and intelligent items

CFpro = Shiity map background (disgraceful)

cf2 = a nice map background. It is neat and straight to the point so the gamers can do the talking.

Since those are the main differences, geert can easily put his mind to making money from Curve Fever 2 remastered because if the game mechanics are good, and the people who play it rate it as good, then you have a product to advertise. Word of mouth will spread and money will be made. 

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 16%
team eu top 2.2%

I've just discoverd that they shutted down CF3, so they admitted it was a mistake. Why they are trying so hard with CF PRO? I've checked and there is barely noone playing CF PRO, waiting for quickgame to start takes few minutes.

ffa eu top 7.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 11%

I just checked and counted, there are around 200 people in lobbies right now, imagine if each of that person gave ''just'' 50 bucks we'd be at 10,000 €. I don't know how much it would cost to create a remastered version of cf2 and i'm aware that not every user can afford or wants to spend money on it. But it seems certainly possible. 

We should maybe get together and write an open letter to the curvefever team and send it to their email contact and post it at all their social media. And hope for a positive reaction.

The second step would be for them to set up a gofundme or something of that sort.

The next step would be for the curvefeverteam and all of us to promote the gofundme and explain to every cf player that we know, why they should consider giving money to this cause...

I mean it does all seem a bit unrealistic but i think that there are many die hard cf2 fans and more other casual players that we realize, we don't see them cause people tend to play with the same old bunch all day.

Any thoughts on that?

ffa eu top 7.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 11%

You're cracking me up with the ''teenage/adult snakes''. 

Had to laugh when i read that, but you're saying the truth, i totally agree the classic cf2 precision snake does its job pretty well we don't need distracting add ons. I mean all the basic cf2 layout is good as it is, why couldnt they just stick to it.. oh well..

ffa eu top 0.7%
1v1 eu top 16%
team eu top 2.2%

I think there is much more than 200 people in lobbies now. I clicked on Quickplay and found a game instantly. You probably did not count them. The total active players number is about 7k, because there is 7k players with 1201+ ffa rank. 

I have no idea how much would it cost, all they have to do is just re-write some code on another platform, they should use the same servers and databases to not duplicate the game. I belive it's not so hard, if Geert could release the sourcecode, we as a community could try to re-write it by ourselves.

But I think their main income is from CF2 anyway.

ffa eu top 7.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 11%

Thank you for your insight kwap! Yes i just multiplied the number of rooms by 4 players, was a sloppy job lol..

And good to know that there is around 7k active players and also that it wouldnt cost so much to create a new cf2.

So what do you think how do we get geert to create us a new cf2?

ffa eu top 7.6%
1v1 eu top 24%
team eu top 11%

Oh yeah but of course we have to factor in, that alot of people have at least one second account...

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

Someone needs to send an email to geert with the link to this topic. CF2 re-mastered would be successfuly for him if he markets it correctly. He already has a loyal base of users that stem as far back as 5 years. Thats a long long time to commit to a game. It shows how addictive this game is and how enjoyable it can be. He just needs to remake the game and have no lags, consistent love and attention to the needs and wants of the community, good marketing on social media etc. CF2 remastered would win easily over cf pro. 

team eu nr. 55
Clan: cute

+1 for a re-mastered version

What A.I.Robot said is very true though, the dev team knows much more about game development than we do.

What I don't seem to understand though is why are they trying to make something completely different from what they succeeded in? The only reason they have money left or investors/sponsors for CF Pro is probably because they were successful with CF2. It’s right for the developers to think ahead and trying to target a wider audience, but not with the way they do now with Curve Fever. Curve fever, in my opinion is a perfect game for niche marketing.

This whole idea of having different types of curves with different powers that were implemented in both CF3 and CFP, was most likely because the general market likes having different characters and so. So in CFP, you get to upgrade your ship with different powers etc, but in the end you just get a curve that is thinner and travels faster on a 2D plane, and you probably played hundred of games with a curve that you will never play again. I’ve said it before, these small differences in speed/turning radius/thickness in curves has a negligible effect on your tactics and gameplay, modules make the difference. But why would anyone be excited to unlock these modules when there are hundreds of games with cooler stuff to unlock that come with better graphics?

Anyways, if you like this approach, it’s better for you to make a new game with a new name, something like “battleship” and just get rid of these curves being drawn on the plane and create real ships instead. Otherwise, I really don’t think Curve Fever is a game suited to have 24 curves with different speed/turning radius etc. Start with 3 different ones maximum.

In CFP, I also see a significant change in the design. Yes, the game looks cooler and more advanced, but compete it with other games, and your design is not eye-catching. Having “3D curves” on a 2D plane also looks forced. On the other hand, CF2 design is actually capable of attracting more people due to its simplicity.

What i want to say is, that the new things that you have implemented in CFP probably makes  CFP more attractive than CF2 to the GENERAL MARKET, but I can’t imagine CFP doing well, there’s too much competition. I imagine niche-marketing with re-mastered CF2 to do much better. There is still quite a large amount of people who enjoy simple games. And the biggest advantage I think CF2 has over CFP right now, is that you are able to focus on gameplay and improving your skills rather than unlocking crates and different ships. In the end, it’s the gameplay you get addicted to, not unlocking stuff.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

+1 Miaoush

CF2 is great for its simplicity. Its simple but amazing. The look and feel is perfect, there are just a few things that need to be done to make cf2 better and then market it and get lots of users.

ffa eu nr. 42
1v1 eu top 9.1%
team eu top 8.2%

I agree

Batman'I's picture
ffa eu nr. 62
team eu top 1.7%
Clan: pWn

I agree

BECAUSE I AM BATMAN

ffa eu top 3%
1v1 eu top 1.3%
team eu nr. 57
Clan: sHsD

Jules its like ur comment was straight out form my own mind. I just can't believe how they dont see the potential in CF2. It's unique compared to what's already out there, and it attracts a niche-audience as you pointed out. The simplicity is what makes it GREAT. The reason why it didnt succeed as much as they wanted it to, is because of the bad quality and how its about to die out altogether with flash. If CF2 was lag free, and maybe a more fresh design that isnt too childish and cringe, but more of a clean fresh modern look, it would become a succes. However if they're going for a one-time-thing kind of game then CF3 and CFP would be a great advocate for it.

The whole idea of 'playing enough to unlock modules', just annoys me. What made CF2 great is that it doesnt matter how much time u spent on the game, when you're in a room, theoretically what you have of advantages is the exact same. I dont want to spend months on a game with a 'ship' that has the least advantages compared to people, who can destroy me easily with their months of achieved stuff. Although they say it's not a Pay2Win kind of game, paying speeds up a whole lot of process and time to get advantages, which makes u BETTER than others in a way. I guess business wise they've seen how other games have done the exact same thing, then added their own twist into it, thinking it would result to a more success in the income compared to CF2. 

To sum it up CFP is such a dry game that doesnt offer anything special compared to whats already out there, as some sort of desperate attempt to gain money. The spin-off drained the CurveFever brand from what it stands for and what makes it stand out from other games. I still cant believe it went from silly heads from CF3 to spaceships in CFP. Why? To attract more kids? To only attract kids? To have some sort of new spicy theme for people who aspire to become astronauts? Isnt there enough galaxy games out there who are way more advanced? I just cant wrap my head around it. 

We want a lag-free CF2! 

ffa eu nr. 17
1v1 eu nr. 80
team eu nr. 10
Clan: juho

I agree, CF3 and CFP is for children, and from my impression not as "addictive" as CF2, which is what game developers should try to accomplish in a game if they want to make money from it. 

Curvefever 2 is a great game because it attracts all sorts of people, thanks to its simplicity. Im not really a "gamer" type of person at all, but I still think this game is fun. You should aim at all sorts of people, not only kids. Curvefever 2 is great for both boys, girls, adults, teens, kids. A remake would benefit you, Geert, a lot.

And also if the impossible happens, and you actually do a remake, you should add the mode "2v2v2v2" and/or "2v2v2", for a more diverse experience - making it less likely for people to get bored (long term) from the modes we already have.

ffa eu top 2.1%
1v1 eu top 5.6%
team eu nr. 2
Clan: slut

I like how u guys try, but they wont listen you anyway Smile

ffa eu top 0.9%
1v1 eu top 28%
team eu top 4.8%

remastered cf2 would be AmaseING

BrutalSzymon's picture
ffa eu nr. 73
1v1 eu nr. 6
team eu nr. 21

ffa eu top 3.5%
team eu top 24%

I agree, If curvefever 2 was more optimized i would play alot more.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

Curve Fever 2 is an amazing game. The way it is played and the look and feel of it all is exactly what kept all of us addicted to it. 

The downsides, as we all know, were merely things geerts programmers just had to touch up such as lags, game modes, rank systems, colours, etc etc (not going to go into detail)

Since the game was so beautifully designed, all the programmers had to work on were the things requested by the community. Of course, geert probably knew that flash was coming to an end so had no choice in his mind but, you do have a choice now. You have the choice to re-master curve fever 2 in a different programming language. You have the chance to make the game again and get an even bigger fan base. Why? because you have a dedicated set of players here already that would easily market the game for you. How can you expect to market curve fever pro when nobody plays it or wants to play it. Your family and fans are curve fever 2 players... not kids that never played curve fever. The only marketing you can do for curve fever pro is things that excite children. 

If it was me, I would stick to what I am proud of, not some silly ambition to make a kids game. I would be proud of the game I made, the community it built, the addiction it caused and how amazing the tournaments and videos and rankings that went on over the years. The players created so many amazing things from this game. You now have the chance to get that back once again. Get it back, and make it better. Get it back, and improve things. 

BrutalSzymon's picture
ffa eu nr. 73
1v1 eu nr. 6
team eu nr. 21

ye ye nice words again, but lets close this topic because (mr.) Geert doesn't give a f*ck.

Tell why me's picture
ffa eu nr. 9
1v1 eu top 1.2%
team eu nr. 23
Clan: asvp

CF2 remastered would be lit Dirol

But not with Geert. He does not give a chit about CF2 anymore

In other games, like fortnite, you see that it's just incredible how close the development works together with the community and how much the game benefits from that. If Geert did the same with Curve Fever 3 (or as many players wished: CF2 Remasterd) it would've become a huge success.

But Geert is like... "nah, i don't want to become rich by developing a nice game... no i just rather take the pocket money of 12-14yo kids by releasing CFP " 

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

if martin luther king can persuade 100,000 people to go see him make his speech, then surely we can convince geert to realise the potential of CF2 Remastered

Tell why me's picture
ffa eu nr. 9
1v1 eu top 1.2%
team eu nr. 23

Id rather try to convince his team and would start to talk with KevWatch on discord, if he is still a part of hidden monster games

Tell why me's picture
ffa eu nr. 9
1v1 eu top 1.2%
team eu nr. 23

It would also be nice of them to give us the game code so progammers can remake it Biggrin

ffa eu top 1.5%
1v1 eu top 7.8%
team eu nr. 84
Clan: KOLL

Tell why me wrote:

Id rather try to convince his team and would start to talk with KevWatch on discord, if he is still a part of hidden monster games

Nope, http://forum.curvefever.com/content/introducing-your-new-community-manager

~~signature~~

My time:

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

I agree with Tell me Why. If I was expert at programming, i would definitely help with the coding if I was sent the source code. This would be a good idea to put to them.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

Let it not be forgotten that IF CF2 was to be remastered, we NEED THE LOOK AND FEEL OF THE SNAKES TO BE THE SAME

Luna2's picture
ffa eu top 8.2%
team eu top 51%
Clan: KOLL

theRealngeMadridcf wrote:

Let it not be forgotten that IF CF2 was to be remastered, we NEED THE LOOK AND FEEL OF THE SNAKES TO BE THE SAME

Generous, honesty, laughter, kindness, loyalty.

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

@Luna2 

*.* you answered the question in ONE PICTURE ! good job

Champion
team eu nr. 3

I vote for cf 2 remastered too, i didnt comment on this earlier cuz i thought: why should i? they wont listen anyway, but now here i am commenting. I used to spend alot of euros on cf 2 back in the days on multiple accounts but now i havent spendt on it for a quite long time cuz the fact cf its owner and his crew doesnt give attention anymore to cf2. Now i stopped carrying about Geert and his crew too, i only have love for the players in this game, they are the only one that makes me come online a couple times a week to play a few nice games with them, fun games and high ranked games. 

I have always said: Geert could make alot of money with cf 2 if he would listened a bit to the community and started to care a bit  for this game instead of creating cf 3 and cf pro (kids games). 

Still the mooh proud leader of mooh Boss !

ffa eu top 0.8%
1v1 eu top 32%
team eu top 6.1%

well said General

I believe with enough people shouting the message out to geert, we can indeed have the next game be CF2 Remastered. I dont see why anyone thinks it is an impossible task? We just need to get the game code onto a different platform. 

The easy thing for Geert and his team and us to know is that, the CF2 community is already present and has not gone away. There are many people in the game that have stuck around and that shows just how addictive and well made this game was. 

There were errors on geert and his teams behalf in terms of constantly meeting the needs and requests of the community, however I do understand that with the servers and flash or whatever, geert probably could not make it the way the community was requesting, simply because the servers and finance and flash just were not good enough for geert to meet our needs i.e. that if he were to introduce lots of new things, the game would crash. 

However, NOW geert knows what the problems were and is faced with the chance to plan for these things ahead of time. Lets ROCK A WAR baby and lets get cf2 Remastered. Get curving or die trying.

ffa eu top 1.2%
1v1 eu top 19%
team eu top 4.8%
Clan: BW

A new CF2 would be very nice.....  but geert wont make it, that is for sure....

Pages