You are here

Announcing Curve Fever Pro!

Before posting make sure you are aquainted with our forum rules.

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Announcing Curve Fever Pro!

To our beloved players,​

The time has finally come to announce our newest game: Curve Fever Pro! We’ve been working very hard on it for the past year, and we’re super excited to finally be able to reveal the game to you.​

Learn more about Curve Fever Pro by signing up on the official forum!

Curve Fever Pro goes live on February 26, 2018, for the European and North American regions. Want to be the first to play? Sign up for our newsletter to get access to the playtest this month!

Watch the official reveal trailer:

We would be forever grateful if you could share this announcement with your friends and family. Help us make Curve Fever Pro the best Curve Fever ever, by following us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, and help us spread the word!​

Thank you for being a part of our community en we’re looking forward to taking this next step with you!

Love,

The Hidden Monster Games team

Offline
ffa eu top 5.3%
team eu top 41%

Not gonna play it if it is too much like cf3 lol, sorry but cf3 is just not good. Gonna try it but it looks much like cf3 so might stick to the best cf2 ;/

Offline
ffa eu top 3.2%
1v1 eu top 8.8%
team eu top 3.1%
Clan: Boss

There will be no better cf game than cf2 simple as that. This is just another cf3 game with more items and stuff for little kids. Cf2 is just simple where u can show your skills the most and where the snake moves normal without any heads on it.

Offline
ffa eu top 3.2%
1v1 eu top 8.8%
team eu top 3.1%
Clan: Boss

I don't think they really know what the players really want.

R4W1L's picture
Offline
Champion
ffa eu top 0.5%
1v1 eu top 18%
team eu nr. 53
Clan: SHSC

After the cf3 flop it will be hard to encourage cf2 players to be open minded and give cfpro a chance.
It looks like cf3 with a different skin to me but the gameplay is what I'm curious about. I doubt it will have a as direct control (at release day) as cf2 but I doubt it could be as imprecisely as something like cf3.

I hope the dev team also plans a name reservation system like cf3 at launch had.

_____________________________________________________________________
my guide for improving cf performance  2.0

Offline
ffa eu top 5.3%
team eu top 41%

Apparently Devs make a new and «better» CF because cf2 is made with flash. Flash is very outdated and they said cf2 will soon die anyway as soon as browsers stop supporting flash. CF2 simply can’t be played without adobe flash player.

Offline

Look so childish, just like CF3. What is the target audience if I may ask? Kids between 10 and 16 years old?

unholy''s picture
Offline
ffa eu top 0.4%
1v1 america top 15%
team america nr. 4
Clan: 17

Uhh no, cf2 is a dying browser game as it uses flash. The game itself will never die, because there is a standalone version of it with the flash projector. The developers of the game are primarily focused on creating more browser versions of this game, with the hope it will replace cf2. 

On a curve fever 3 forum post, Developer Rojoss clearly states:

''The reason we’re not going for standalone is because the main vision of our company is to create accessible games.A lot of our players are quite young and a lot of them play on school.Whether it is during their lessons or in their break it doesn’t matter we want accessible games and a standalone game isn’t accessible enough.''

This clearly means that they want to create games ''accessible to kids,'' which also implies that they don't care about making profit from their games anymore.

Offline

If they could program a game exactly like cf2 and make it great, then they would make great money.

 

But they have malteser spectacle wearing kids like ralph from the simpsons in charge of coming up with ideas even though they have never played the game before.

Fluaz †'s picture
Offline

Stop with these hates geeezzz devs put in a lot of work into it, and just try it out, you may like it or not, and if u dont like it, dont play it. simple as that, dont need to comment such hate comments about it

- Ivan

Record:

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA - 1662

Team - 1710

1v1 - 1558 

Offline

Why do the Devs focus on targeting kids aged between 10-16? They are not the players that pay for your premium. We have many older players like snowyxmas(Inge) who has roughly spent about 100 euros making premium accounts.Most of your income comes from the older players with experience who focus on a single game rather than 10 year olds who just play all kinds of games and don't spend anything.Honestly hire a market analyst ,he or she without any knowledge of both cf2 or cf pro will tell you to invest in cf2 just based on existing  statistics.

Offline
ffa eu top 7.5%

unholy' wrote:

Uhh no, cf2 is a dying browser game as it uses flash. The game itself will never die, because there is a standalone version of it with the flash projector. The developers of the game are primarily focused on creating more browser versions of this game, with the hope it will replace cf2. 

On a curve fever 3 forum post, Developer Rojoss clearly states:

''The reason we’re not going for standalone is because the main vision of our company is to create accessible games.A lot of our players are quite young and a lot of them play on school.Whether it is during their lessons or in their break it doesn’t matter we want accessible games and a standalone game isn’t accessible enough.''

This clearly means that they want to create games ''accessible to kids,'' which also implies that they don't care about making profit from their games anymore.

If thats true than why dont they just sell cf2 to a company who actually cares about it seriously?
Btw, thx for your inside Smile

Offline
Champion
ffa eu nr. 4
1v1 eu top 1.7%
team eu nr. 3
Clan: NO2

Honest review:
-Which game looks more appealing at first glance to somebody who hasn't played before? CF3 vs CF2.
CF3 looks more appealing, it wouldn't surprise me if you compared the 2 at a convention
and people chose CF3>CF2.

-Knowing the success of both games (CF2 and CF3) which was more successful and why?
CF2 was exponentially more successful than CF3. Why?
General game mechanics are 100x better in CF2

Why are CF3 mechanics bad?
The group of guys goofing off in 2 of the 3 of the videos on CurveFever Pro's youtube channel are the ones making the game.

Geert's picture
Offline
Developer
Moderator
ffa eu top 52%
team eu top 34%
Clan: MOD

CF3 is not made by the guys seen in the videos on the Pro channel. We have a new team making the new CF Pro


 

Offline
ffa eu top 3.3%
1v1 eu top 30%
team eu top 19%
Clan: The

Look at all these cf2 players complaining about having to learn a new game. The reason you guys hate open borders is because after years of camping with closed borders, you're too lazy and chicken to take the time to learn open borders. Also, cf3 wasnt imprecise, its just the curves turn faster than in cf2 and you're all not good at that. Also, of course cf2 is gonna have a stronger players than cf3 - cf3 has been around And has only been worked on for less than one and a half years, compared to something like 7 yers for Cf2? - just watch one video of the 2013 thin cf2 tourney on youtube and you'll see how useless cf2 players were then.

If you guys are so unconfident in your ability to pick up and learn a new game then sure - keep camping on cf2. I honestly think if people at hidden monster games had spent some more time developing cf3 and had given it even just 1 more year, the game would be waaaay more competitive and interesting than a game like cf2 which is super monotonous and hasnt really changed much in years. Seriously most cf2 players are old people that cant accept that new technology is more advanced and more complicated than the radios they were brought up with. Just try playing the new game for a couple of months - give it a REAL chance. One of the most important things for this kind of game is having good players and good competition. And if cf2 players dont even try the new game, the cf2 players are ruining the game for themselves.

 

Offline
ffa eu nr. 67
1v1 eu top 2.7%
team eu top 4.4%
Clan: TryH
unholy' wrote:

@ Scars'

We appreciate you taking your time to comment. We also infer that you are a very passionate cf3 player, so please keep your rude comments to yourself ty <3

Im not a passionate cf3 player, I played it because cf2 was getting very laggy and because of that I couldn't enjoy it as much as I did. Now because I stopped playing cf2 (after 5 years of playing, so I have a lot of experience in both cf2 and 3) im not so simple minded anymore as almost all of you cf2 players. Cf3 had a lot of great aspects to it and only failed (bigtime) because some small things. You guys are stating that cfpro looks the same as cf3 and therefore its having bad control of the snake and so on..

Now if you took a little more time playing cf3 you would have seen some very good snake control on particular snakes (if not better than the cf2 snake control). One of the cfpro developers Rojoss stated in one of his cfpro updates that they are aiming for a game thats more appealing to an older age than it currently is and that they want the game to be more competetive. They are looking for a mix between the best of cf2 and cf3 combined and that sounds very good, cause cf3 was not as bad as you all think it was.

Offline
ffa eu top 5.3%
team eu top 41%

Nine' wrote:

Look at all these cf2 players complaining about having to learn a new game. The reason you guys hate open borders is because after years of camping with closed borders, you're too lazy and chicken to take the time to learn open borders. Also, cf3 wasnt imprecise, its just the curves turn faster than in cf2 and you're all not good at that. Also, of course cf2 is gonna have a stronger players than cf3 - cf3 has been around And has only been worked on for less than one and a half years, compared to something like 7 yers for Cf2? - just watch one video of the 2013 thin cf2 tourney on youtube and you'll see how useless cf2 players were then.

If you guys are so unconfident in your ability to pick up and learn a new game then sure - keep camping on cf2. I honestly think if people at hidden monster games had spent some more time developing cf3 and had given it even just 1 more year, the game would be waaaay more competitive and interesting than a game like cf2 which is super monotonous and hasnt really changed much in years. Seriously most cf2 players are old people that cant accept that new technology is more advanced and more complicated than the radios they were brought up with. Just try playing the new game for a couple of months - give it a REAL chance. One of the most important things for this kind of game is having good players and good competition. And if cf2 players dont even try the new game, the cf2 players are ruining the game for themselves.

 

Did u just say cf3 have faster turns than cf2?

Offline
ffa eu nr. 67
1v1 eu top 2.7%
team eu top 4.4%
Clan: TryH
oNreteP wrote:

Nine' wrote:

Look at all these cf2 players complaining about having to learn a new game. The reason you guys hate open borders is because after years of camping with closed borders, you're too lazy and chicken to take the time to learn open borders. Also, cf3 wasnt imprecise, its just the curves turn faster than in cf2 and you're all not good at that. Also, of course cf2 is gonna have a stronger players than cf3 - cf3 has been around And has only been worked on for less than one and a half years, compared to something like 7 yers for Cf2? - just watch one video of the 2013 thin cf2 tourney on youtube and you'll see how useless cf2 players were then.

If you guys are so unconfident in your ability to pick up and learn a new game then sure - keep camping on cf2. I honestly think if people at hidden monster games had spent some more time developing cf3 and had given it even just 1 more year, the game would be waaaay more competitive and interesting than a game like cf2 which is super monotonous and hasnt really changed much in years. Seriously most cf2 players are old people that cant accept that new technology is more advanced and more complicated than the radios they were brought up with. Just try playing the new game for a couple of months - give it a REAL chance. One of the most important things for this kind of game is having good players and good competition. And if cf2 players dont even try the new game, the cf2 players are ruining the game for themselves.

 

Did u just say cf3 have faster turns than cf2?

Haha yes its true, cf3 has faster turns. Invest some time playing it before commenting shit.

Offline
ffa eu top 95%
1v1 eu top 52%
team eu top 69%
Clan: wAw

Me after i make 10 good suggestions to new curvefever but they use only name for it

Offline

now i know why they renamed it to curvefever.io a while ago..... so they could eventually copy slither.io

 

 

unholy&#039;'s picture
Offline
ffa eu top 0.4%
1v1 america top 15%
team america nr. 4
Clan: 17

Nine' wrote:

1.  Look at all these cf2 players complaining about having to learn a new game. 2. The reason you guys hate open borders is because after years of camping with closed borders, you're too lazy and chicken to take the time to learn open borders. 3.  Also, cf3 wasnt imprecise, its just the curves turn faster than in cf2 and you're all not good at that. 4. Also, of course cf2 is gonna have a stronger players than cf3 - cf3 has been around And has only been worked on for less than one and a half years, compared to something like 7 yers for Cf2? 5. - just watch one video of the 2013 thin cf2 tourney on youtube and you'll see how useless cf2 players were then.

If you guys are so unconfident in your ability to pick up and learn a new game then sure - keep camping on cf2. I honestly think if people at hidden monster games had spent some more time developing cf3 and had given it even just 1 more year, 6. the game would be waaaay more competitive and interesting than a game like cf2 which is super monotonous and hasnt really changed much in years. 7. Seriously most cf2 players are old people that cant accept that new technology is more advanced and more complicated than the radios they were brought up with. Just try playing the new game for a couple of months - give it a REAL chance. 8. One of the most important things for this kind of game is having good players and good competition. 9.  And if cf2 players dont even try the new game, the cf2 players are ruining the game for themselves.

 

1. Nobody complained about having to learn the new Curve Fever Pro. That's a fact. The thing is, nobody wants to learn it. Why? Simple, it looks dumb. The design looks similar to the childish design of cf3, which many people have tried and unfortunately don't like. (Yes, me too)

2. That's your opinion. We don't hate the open borders, but the game itself. Besides, cf2 has special gamemode, which is quite popular among cf2 players. As you may know, special includes the open border powerup and many players have gained experience with it. Goes to say you can't really use that to justify your claims--sorry bro.

3. Wow. Again, your opinion. First of all, not all the snakes turn faster in cf3. Incred made a topic, describing all the curves of cf3 (Here's the link if you want: http://forum.curvefever.com/content/curve-fever-3-curve-descriptions-0). Some have large turn radiuses and some rather small. Some are slow, while others are fast. This is also why the majority of cf2 players dislike cf3--we don't care about ants, robots, fists, rockets, etc. It's only appealing to younger kids. Simple as that. Then you say: ''we're not all good at that.'' Special gamemode also includes the small turn powerup or did you forget already?

4. True. Curve Fever 2 does have better players than cf3, but cmon now...Do you think if both cf2 and cf3 were released at the same time, anything would be different? Nope. I checked on the cf3 forum and even new cf players were promoting cf2. On the cf3 forum. That's pretty shameful--sad to be exact. 

5. Relating back to 4. nothing really can be said here. However it also depends on how you refer to the word ''useless.'' If you were in that time frame you also would have been ''useless.'' Without some of cf2's good players playing cf3, would cf3 players not be ''useless''? Anyways, we're in 2018 now and obviously cf2 has grown in popularity, likewise the players have grown in skill so you probably won't find any ''useless'' players now.

6. Curve Fever 3 might be more competitive and interesting for most cf3 players, but that's another opinion. Truth is, that cf3 doesn't have that kind of potential. Say whatever you want bro, but that's the sad truth.

7. Slow down there a bit...You actually got me laughing now lol. What do you mean by ''old''? People in their 60s to 90s? Well, you also got that wrong. I don't exactly know the age of the oldest cf2 player, but by fact, the majority of cf2 players are 16-30. What new technology? Are you referring to cf3? LMAO You're just...funny. Also, that was totally out of context. Besides, not everyone was brought up with radios LOL.

8. How are you supporting a game you've not even played? Oh right I forgot--you're a cf3 player. Why wouldn't you support a game that looks almost identical to cf3? Which is also the reason most cf2 players dislike Curve Fever Pro--it looks similar to cf3. We're just not into the childish design of cf3...sorry mate.

9. We won't try it. The game is already ruined. GG

Offline
ffa eu nr. 67
1v1 eu top 2.7%
team eu top 4.4%
Clan: TryH

Here is the link: http://forum.curvefever.io/t/state-of-cf4-3/1489/7
And yes I have played on the flash projector for years.
Also, that you do not like cf3 is your opinion and I agree I don't like it either, but again, it has great controls on particular snakes (you haven't played the game enough if you disagree with this) so if the new game will at least let us customize ranked rooms like cf2 (snakes and items) it can be a great game. Just read the forum post + the comments and I hope you guys can look at this new game more openminded!

Btw, saw a lot of people who are commenting things like curvefever is trying to fck cf2 cause they "suddenly" announched this new game which isn't true cause in q1 of 2017 they allready told us that they decided to create it cause cf3 was made with some very big flaws (using webgl for a web-game and more).

The link leads to a "state of curve fever 4" post, and there are a few kf those in total, please read all of those, before commenting this about this new game based on a 36 seconds trailer. JEEZ

Destin.'s picture
Offline
Champion
ffa eu nr. 3
1v1 eu top 3.7%
team eu nr. 32

Hey,

I like a lot the trailer. The new CF version still have the basics : curves, holes, powerups... We can already feel a new gameplay with the inclusion of new skills : shooting other curves. I read in your comments some worried people who don't really approve the CF pro overview, probably because it seems to be too different compared to CF2. I will reveal you my personal CF experience : I will share my insights below, as a player in a first hand, as a member of the CF team in a second hand.

For the people who don't know me, I'm a old CF player, I started to play the first CF version (Achtung Die Kurve for people who know :)), more than 6 years ago. My first nickname was "TaNy" (reference to my real name, Tanguy). CF has changed a lot thanks to the community feedbacks even if all our recommendations couldn't be taken in consideration.
___________________________________________________________________________________

My insights - as a player

One of my University's friend showed me Achtung Die Kurve during a boring lesson. I got addicted rapidly and I was playing even more when Curve Fever 2 came out. It generates a lot of fun and encourages playing with friends, and above all it's very simple to learn when you are new, unlike others games it doesn't need a lot of practice before having fun.

Over the years, I still had fun but I missed something new. After 3 years, it appeared my main motivation to play CF was my friends and not the game itself.

I got very exciting when Curve Fever 3 came out because I was precisely waiting for having something new. It was totally different for me. I was very happy to notice there were no comparable laggs like in CF2. The strategy was also different : opening walls encourages to attack each other more than in CF2, so it's harder to camp.
However I disliked the curve's disadvantage : even if you are very good, having a fight with a snake against a rocket is almost impossible for example. So when you start, it's really hard to survive because you can't unlock others curves. I also liked the Curves design, even if it's destinated to young people as some of you mentioned. Actually the CF2 curves design was almost inexistant. The design is very important, it makes the game more professional, this is needed for expanding a community.

After 2-3 months playing CF3, I rapidly came back to CF2. I missed team games too much and I really like playing team games with my friends. I rediscovered some keylagg and server issues, there were much less in CF3. But I also realized I had better skills in CF2, more particulary to cross some almost impossible ways with thins, something I couldn't do in CF3 (maybe I would need more practice).

Presently, I play CF2 when I want play with friends, and CF3 when I want play alone. I don't feel like playing the same game, the basics are the same, but the game play is a bit different. You can't play CF3 like you play CF2, you can't play CF2 like you play CF3. I often need to play 2/3 games to adapt myself.

As a player I would recommend you to give it a try and play some games in Curve Fever PRO : compare what is better, what is worse. The gameplay will be different, not comparable to CF2 but also not comparable to CF3. It's a new game, so the strategy is different. Don't be afraid to restart from 0. Remember when you started to play Curve Fever.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

My insights - as a member of the CF team

In my opinion, CF2 has been created to encourage people playing online with friends and also for giving more strategy and team play compared CF1.

Many new technologies rapidly emerged over the years, and Flash showed some limits. The community was very dynamic and shared many feedbacks to make CF2 better. Unfortunately, CF2 was hardly maintainable. I remember it was hard for developers to bring new features and do updates. Even adding a color was taking a lot of time. Some keylaggs and servers issues couldn't be fixed because the game was programmed with some computing languages that got rapidly outdated by the new ones.

They took the opportunity of creating a new game (CF3) with more stable technologies : the results were really good => keylaggs are almost inexistant and there are less laggs. Considering the size community of CF2 and CF3, it didn't really increase in the past years. However, we all know it's more enjoyable for everybody to have a big community => more games, reduce games waiting time, more challenges, more significant games (people with same skills play in same games), ...

Also, the business model is the key to make more immprovements in the game : better servers, bigger intern team, more features, more updates etc. The CF PRO business plan goes in that sense, we hope it will be a success so we can give you all these things you always wanted to see in Curve Fever.

As a member of the CF team, I would recommend you to play the new game and share your feedbacks in a constructive way, as always (for example, don't post comment like "game play is bad" or "game play is good"). Keep in mind CF2 and CF3 hasn't been made in one day or week. It took years. It has became great because you have been involved in the CF expansion, more particulary by sharing your feedbacks like some of you already did in this topic. Many things are missing in the comming release, but the team still wanted to release it rapidly so you can play and give feedbacks. Fortunately, with the use of new technologies, the developers will be able to do updates faster compared to CF2 ,and CF3 :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Peace all, keep in mind CF2 players, CF3 players and  soon CF Pro players are all curves, whatever is the strategy. That's why CF2 and CF3 will not be stopped after the CF PRO release, so don't worry about that!

Expect to see the moderator team expanding significantly in the coming weeks and months. We will not stop the moderation in CF2 and CF3. Tournaments will be organized as long as there are enough players involved in the games :)

Destin. / Tanguy

Edited by: 
Destin. on 2 February, 2018 - 22:47
Offline
ffa eu top 33%
team eu top 98%
Clan: GaRD

Man where to start... okay 1st. thx to everyone who has took the time to make this beautiful game series. well i can really call it a series when cf2 users and cf3 users dont get along. I stand in the middle of this heated debate. i loved CF2 but it got too old after playing for 3 years. then CF3 came out. at first i didnt like it, but then i gave it a chance and it turned out okay. i dont know why there is even an argument over this. If youre not interested in pro.. then dont pay this topic any attention. the only true bad thing about CF3 is how easy it is to crash. in CF2 its very easy to control but in CF3 its difficult. dont judge pre before you play it. maybe its like CF2 and CF3 combined. Although i think CF3 just needed some minor changes im excited to see what all is new in pro. Thinks to the creaters again 

Offline
ffa eu top 1.3%
team eu nr. 34
Clan: cute

My first impression from the trailer was, wow they are really trying hard to make something new. Since i’ve been anticipating cf4 for such a long time, i’d like to give my opinions on CF pro based on the trailer.

First of all, i think a successful curve fever/game breaks down to three main points in the following priority:

  1. Performance
  2. Gameplay
  3. Aesthetics

Performance

Performance is all about how smooth the game runs. Your success will be optimised if the control of the curve and the execution of the powerups are great, and with minimum lag etc. I’ll be sure to give a comment on it after the first test!

Gameplay

It was exciting to see some new powerups! The most notably new ones were the bomb, the gun and toggle. And they seem fun! If the game is all smooth, I think CF pro could be popular in schools again.

When it comes to the more competitive aspect of the game, the bomb for example, won’t be used as much because there is too much luck involved (if the item spawned in random positions). The shooting gun seems like it has some potential though! I can’t really tell how it exactly works, but it appears that you can make holes and perhaps even kill another player if you shoot at its head? Sounds really cool.

To make CF successful in being a competitive game, I think having different game modes available for different types of players is going to be essential. Since I’m assuming that ranked games are only going to be created through matchmaking, Devs will need to pick some different game modes for ranked games and implement them. The earlier the better, teams would be a solid first choice. Players won't discover great item setups for you with custom mode because there's no motivation to play unranked games. And ranked games should be only based on matchmaking in my opinion.

Besides from the classic all items and shot gun mode for FFA (which is what i hypothesise), i think another item setup you should consider is speed with eraser (~ g-speed in CF2). For teams, I personally think it’s not a bad idea to have thin teams included (maybe switch the name), after all it’s a proven successful game mode. The game mode that requires pure skill is going to be 1v1 none. Now that even your holes here are timed, there's basically no room for luck. I believe that this game mode should be implemented. I prefer new game modes, but I also think it could be beneficial for CF pro to keep some old game modes and not for CF2 players, but for a better game.

Aesthetics

The aesthetics of the game was unappealing to me. At a first glance, it looked like a game from the 2000s or a pioneer 3D game or something. The curves looked a bit like the ones from slither.io, but fortunately they look better than them because slither.io have absolutely the ugliest curves i’ve ever seen (sorry but i couldn’t put it in nicer words for them.) Initially, I also thought that the background was a bit distracting as it had a color and a pattern. It sort of looked like a blueprint map or some mesh geometry. Generally speaking, it looked too much like a game designed by 30+ year old men. But it is only natural i disliked the aesthetics in the beginning as I am so used to the aesthetics of CF2. Also design is a very subjective thing.

But I like how CF pro has a new look, I think it is important to the idea of a new game. The 3D curves is a good addition to the “Pro” version of the game. I also see effort in making the game look modern. However I think some curve colors makes it look less modern. Personally, I think that the colors green, yellow and purple could be chosen better. For example, this yellow is sort of greyish and has this brightness like a highlighter, and a classic yellow highlighter doesn’t look harmonious with any color (the color suits well on the leave button though). The purple and green don’t look so good together, when I focus on only those two colors together, it gives me a boring/lame vibe, example at 0:16 in the trailer.

My favourite curve color in the trailer is Orange. At 0:10 in the trailer, I think that the orange color suits really well with that blue background color! The blue bg is also my favourite background. I like the dark grey background you have, but it doesn’t match with the purple and the green in my opinion (0:16). The background that was purplish was unusually bent and it looked distracting, i think its better if you have the background flat like with the blue background. I think it’s nice that you have different background colors, it can be used for different game modes or for a level-up or something.

I think it’s nice to have the game in full screen. It would be really Dirol to have chat appear on the left bottom with a hot key (e.g. tab). I was never a fan of heads, but they are certainly better than the ones in CF3. They could be even smaller and mode delicate. But I’m just happy to not see insects as skins.

Overall, I hope people will enjoy CF pro as much as how I enjoyed CF2. I also hope that I was able to give some constructive feedback.

~Miaoush

Fluaz †'s picture
Offline

Very good point, Miaoush. 

- Ivan

Record:

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA - 1662

Team - 1710

1v1 - 1558 

Offline
ffa eu top 2%
team eu top 48%

Awesome trailer! I'm looking forward to Curve Fever Pro!

I'm sure that it will be fun to play it, good job developers!

Supra Omnia.

Offline

So much dislike to cf3 :/ I think it's great with my age little past 20. 

I like it because it have more contents than cf2 and requires more observation skills! that's makes it fun for those who can plot with observing all the things happening next to you :o... I must admit Cf pro looks maybe a little too much though.. coz too many options and particles swaying on your screen...

but curve differences from slow to fast and agile is allright in cf3 and it's good stimulus to play more ;p... plus I like the default settings that there are no walls Biggrin

some thoughts...

Offline
Clan: 1

I feel sorry for being this negative about the new pro version; since I do know how long it takes to create a new game and make sure it's bug-free. Dev's you did a good job creating a game.

 

At the other hand: I don't like CF Pro at all; I gave it an honest chance today, played it like 15 times today, at certain timespans.

I don't like the open walls, I don't like the shooting, I don't like the big turns, I don't like the big turns.

 

The main, awesome point of CF2 is the simplicity. This game is so simple, it turns out to be very addictive. I literally don't get why CF2 isn't rebuild without flash? This game is serious the most awesome game I ever saw.

Of course, a lack of money is a decent reason to rebuild the game. But why not include the gems/coins system of CF Pro in the CF2? Then you could have best of both worlds. Just add the gems, add the coins, keep the rest of CF2 and you have an awesome CF Pro 2. Fix the lagging in CF2 (or give higher penalty for laggers); add a room option: open-walled or close-walled rooms. (Small hint: make creating open-walled rooms Premium-only)

Also, add a small benefit for premium users (I know, this game should be equal for everyone, blabla, but keep an eye on the income) like immortality for 5 seconds during round X (and Y). I'm pretty sure this will rebuild the money instantly.

The room selection of CF2 is awesome, please keep it this way. add an option for promoting at facebook, for the regeneration of X number of coins.

Offline
ffa eu top 7.5%

Kuurve wrote:

I feel sorry for being this negative about the new pro version; since I do know how long it takes to create a new game and make sure it's bug-free. Dev's you did a good job creating a game.

 

At the other hand: I don't like CF Pro at all; I gave it an honest chance today, played it like 15 times today, at certain timespans.

I don't like the open walls, I don't like the shooting, I don't like the big turns, I don't like the big turns.

 

The main, awesome point of CF2 is the simplicity. This game is so simple, it turns out to be very addictive. I literally don't get why CF2 isn't rebuild without flash? This game is serious the most awesome game I ever saw.

Of course, a lack of money is a decent reason to rebuild the game. But why not include the gems/coins system of CF Pro in the CF2? Then you could have best of both worlds. Just add the gems, add the coins, keep the rest of CF2 and you have an awesome CF Pro 2. Fix the lagging in CF2 (or give higher penalty for laggers); add a room option: open-walled or close-walled rooms. (Small hint: make creating open-walled rooms Premium-only)

Also, add a small benefit for premium users (I know, this game should be equal for everyone, blabla, but keep an eye on the income) like immortality for 5 seconds during round X (and Y). I'm pretty sure this will rebuild the money instantly.

The room selection of CF2 is awesome, please keep it this way. add an option for promoting at facebook, for the regeneration of X number of coins.

I have the same opinion about CF Pro as you do.
So, Devs, we all tried to tell you. Pro is basically an upgrade to CF3 and thats why alomost none of the core CF2 players like it. Ive asked a lot of people in the games (CF2) today and everybody (and sorry for using this word, im just quoting) thinks its "trash".

But as Kuurve has been stating it, im sorry for being negative and i also know you put in a lot of work, but its kinda frustrating: Before you released CF3 and there were already so many core players critizing you said "its not out yet, wait for it, play it and then state the problems", so we did. Then it turned out the game was so different and in our view bad that there is too much to change to make it good. The community almost died cause of this and a lot of players (including me) left the game because we felt like you just dont care about us.
After taking a break for a year or so i came back to the game (CF2) and was happy to see its kinda starting to get some life again. And all of a sudden you announced CF Pro and when i saw the first trailer i thought (like many others) this looks just like an upgraded version of CF3, so we told you and u again said: "its not out yet, wait for it, play it and then state the problems". Now it is out and AGAIN it turns out the game is too different and in our view bad  that there is to much to change to make it good.

I just dont get it; WHY is it such a problem for you to listen to the core players, that have been here for years, about what we would like. WHY do you always dismiss our critisism with weird excuses. WHY can you work on a completly new game for a whole year while dismissing all our ideas for CF2 by saying that it would require too much work? I just dont get it.

It makes me angry and sad and im already seeing myself loosing interest in CF2 cause of it.
And its not like i dont appreciate you guys. I have had premium for a long time and have it now too. I pay for the game cause i like it and can see you need to get some money from it.
You know, even implementing a new colour would be quite awesome already...

Anyway, i hope you start recognizing your community

Offline
Clan: YOLO

Curvefever Pro seems quite interesting so far although I wish you would remaster good old CF2. Unfortunately, CF Pro isn't perfect yet. Where is the friend list? Where can you create lobbys and play with your friends? Why does the "waiting for results" bug exist?

Fluaz †'s picture
Offline

In my opinion, Curve Fever Pro is a very good game, even though I don't play it much, but it has some good basics of Curve Fever! I say that Curve Fever Pro is not good for its simplicity because I do not understand how it works. The quality is good, but the backgrounds are bad, in my opinion. These are my opinions, and thanks Geert for making a new, great game for everyone to play and have fun with!

 

- Ivan

Record:

Spoiler: Highlight to view

FFA - 1662

Team - 1710

1v1 - 1558 

Offline
Clan: BW

How hard is it to just make a new CF2 game, when so much players asked for it.

Even if it would be a bit different would be ok. The reason that they want to make money is not very valid for me.

Because with a updated CF2 version there are more then enough ways to earn money with it.

In CurveFeverPro you cant even play with friends... (practice mode, dont count for me)

GL with Curvefever Pro, but its a game that its not for me, and i wont play it.

Offline
ffa eu top 7.5%

rosie20 wrote:

How hard is it to just make a new CF2 game, when so much players asked for it.

Even if it would be a bit different would be ok. The reason that they want to make money is not very valid for me.

Because with a updated CF2 version there are more then enough ways to earn money with it.

In CurveFeverPro you cant even play with friends... (practice mode, dont count for me)

GL with Curvefever Pro, but its a game that its not for me, and i wont play it.

Im with you mate, but i have to say of course this is a company and we (although we should have some say in the matter) cant tell them what to do. They have to know how to stay profitable and at the same time have fun at what they re doing. Having said that I would really like to know what it would take to remake CF2 or at least give it more content upgrades regulary? Devs, you seem to put a lot of work in CF pro, which i find great (altough i dont like the game at all), so would the same or lets say 50% of that work be enough? I really have no clue and for this community to work (if you want it to) we should just talk about this stuff openly.